Home

JoshC1977's Madden 19 Sliders (for CFM Only)

This is a discussion on JoshC1977's Madden 19 Sliders (for CFM Only) within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-10-2018, 01:30 PM   #57
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: JoshC1977's Madden 19 Sliders (for CFM Only)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bootzilla
Super small sample size but my biggest issue (lack of cpu running game) appears to have been alleviated by simply not using the accelerated clock. My running game is improved too. Might be a little too easy IMO... Bizarre.

Playing as Browns against the Bills and Shady is hitting holes, juking at proper times and I'm not blowing up everything in the backfield. On the other end I just broke off an 81 TD run with Carlos Hyde. Not saying it can't happen but unlikely.

Need to be super careful with sample sizes this year and drawing conclusions too early. Matchups make such a huge difference and even in its flawed state at default, you still very much see it.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 08-10-2018, 01:38 PM   #58
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
Need to be super careful with sample sizes this year and drawing conclusions too early. Matchups make such a huge difference and even in its flawed state at default, you still very much see it.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Yeah I'm cautiously optimistic because EVERY game I played with the accelerated clock was the same. Cpu backs barely got to or beyond the line of scrimmage. I've downed 3 punts inside of the 2 and even without trying I got safeties each time because backs are dancing and juking in the backfield.

At least this game McCoy hit the hole and accelerated and cut at the proper time.
Old 08-10-2018, 02:05 PM   #59
MVP

OVR: 6

Is it as doom and gloom as it sounds? For me I’m having a blast with these. If only we could tune the CPU RB’s. The decision making absolutely kills the immersion in that regard.

Line blocks it, seals the edge... CPU Rb reads it well and stays patient. HUGE chance to keep bouncing it out and pick up 20-25.... annnnnnd he cuts back into 4 pursuing defenders.

For me it’s down to cleaning that up and then just giving the user DL a little more push in the passing game. I want to see my stud DE’s able to cook a tackle and collapse that pocket. When you can make the QB step up they really lose a lot accuracy which I LOVE to see
Old 08-10-2018, 02:09 PM   #60
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by lhsballa11
Is it as doom and gloom as it sounds? For me I’m having a blast with these. If only we could tune the CPU RB’s. The decision making absolutely kills the immersion in that regard.

Line blocks it, seals the edge... CPU Rb reads it well and stays patient. HUGE chance to keep bouncing it out and pick up 20-25.... annnnnnd he cuts back into 4 pursuing defenders.

For me it’s down to cleaning that up and then just giving the user DL a little more push in the passing game. I want to see my stud DE’s able to cook a tackle and collapse that pocket. When you can make the QB step up they really lose a lot accuracy which I LOVE to see

I have a great slider set I’m using based off urs and armors but yeah cpu run blocking is the only issue and it’s a big one.

Currently have it set at 90 and still nothing...
Old 08-10-2018, 02:11 PM   #61
Rookie

Anyone tried slow speed?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2018, 02:43 PM   #62
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by lhsballa11

Not at all balla....it's just that what was playing great Wed night turned back into "CPU can't run" last night....I think I hit one of those "game playing great with new patch" (on Wed) to "game now settling back into the norm" (last night).

I was watching Armor's stream when playing last night and two comments were brought up, counters not working at all and screen plays not working well. At least in my experiences, that means one thing, game is "de-synced". Game speed is not the answer either, I already looked at that.

So, I really started digging into replays and one thing became readily apparent; o-line was disengaging on a lot of plays to go upfield even before the RB would get the hand-off. It started me thinking about threshold. Think about it: the bursts by the defenders for big hits, over-the-top DB pass breakups, o-line bursting upfield - it all really signaled one thing to me - the acceleration value with the RPM system is out-of-whack at default. So, as higher thresholds start muting the acceleration ratings for players, I went to the 53 value I used last year...a bit better. Then I went to 55 threshold....it really started looking better (with the 20/49 injury/fatigue values)....hit intensity lessened, linemen holding blocks longer, DB reactions more in-sync with ball velocity, etc.

So, I am going to go back tonight to straight AP default but just looking at threshold. I still think that I was on the right track with the 20/49 setup (they too 'nerf' accel), but with threshold being such a critical universal setting, I think that doing a "reboot" with JUST threshold adjustments at first makes more sense.

It is entirely possible that a higher thresh (and no, I don't mean extreme values like 90) alone will "fix" the issues. However, it is equally possible that I will need to really dive into everything. But like everything else in Madden, baby steps...bring things up gradually. I'll likely stream some of my testing this evening as it's Friday!
Old 08-10-2018, 04:58 PM   #63
Rookie

Quote:
Now for a post I hate making....

Results from the OP set on Wednesday night were outstanding; last night, not so much. I'm not talking about rating-based outcome differences, but differences that can't be accounted for by ratings/variance. There is still something severely up with this game. The injury/fatigue settings may very well be on-point, but they aren't "fixing" the fundamental issue with this game.

I really began digging through some replays last night after a couple of comments Armor made on his stream that resonated with my experiences as well. I have a pretty good idea now where we need to take things.

However, there are times where you can simply "add onto" a slider set; but there are other times where it's better to start 'from scratch'. This is one of those times. I've taken down the OP set and will be starting my evaluation process this evening after work. So, basically, I'm taking the gloves-off and digging in....this game is just too good to not make the effort.

Sorry for the delay guys - but I want to do this right way.

Ok Josh, thank you very mich for the little tricks on injuries and fatigued which is making the game a bit better, but I'm deep into the second season and I can tell you a couple of things for sure:

- the game is finally extremely reactive to ratings and players are really unique also due to the many new ratings: on the first season my Bengals defense was unreal against the run, but a lot of key players regressed end of season and in the second season numbers are just as expected. On the other side I was struggling passing the ball till I finally decided to bench Dalton for my drafted rookie and now everything is as smooth as can be for a team with good receivers but a bad OL.
Only real issues are my CBs interceptions, far too many, sometimes with odd animations, like they are sprinting at hyperspeed towards the ball.

- even with the INT issue, some cpu QBs are much much better than others: Russel Wilson was a real disaster as well as Baker Mayfield in his second year despite being first in OPOY, while Philip River was much better and Lamar Jackson was very bad the first year and pretty good the second after winning OROY. And Brady in the playoff killed me despite 2 int.

I noticed everybody tend to throw more picks in the second half, maybe improving stamina only for QB instead of reducing fatigue could help?

All in all I think it's extremely tough to do any change this year: every match is different, to make settings consistent we really need huge samples...

Side note: for those having issues in running, do the drills. This year is absolutely a must to move blockers and reverse runs if needed, the drills teach how to.
Old 08-10-2018, 05:24 PM   #64
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

Quote:
Not at all balla....it's just that what was playing great Wed night turned back into "CPU can't run" last night....I think I hit one of those "game playing great with new patch" (on Wed) to "game now settling back into the norm" (last night).

I was watching Armor's stream when playing last night and two comments were brought up, counters not working at all and screen plays not working well. At least in my experiences, that means one thing, game is "de-synced". Game speed is not the answer either, I already looked at that.

So, I really started digging into replays and one thing became readily apparent; o-line was disengaging on a lot of plays to go upfield even before the RB would get the hand-off. It started me thinking about threshold. Think about it: the bursts by the defenders for big hits, over-the-top DB pass breakups, o-line bursting upfield - it all really signaled one thing to me - the acceleration value with the RPM system is out-of-whack at default. So, as higher thresholds start muting the acceleration ratings for players, I went to the 53 value I used last year...a bit better. Then I went to 55 threshold....it really started looking better (with the 20/49 injury/fatigue values)....hit intensity lessened, linemen holding blocks longer, DB reactions more in-sync with ball velocity, etc.

So, I am going to go back tonight to straight AP default but just looking at threshold. I still think that I was on the right track with the 20/49 setup (they too 'nerf' accel), but with threshold being such a critical universal setting, I think that doing a "reboot" with JUST threshold adjustments at first makes more sense.

It is entirely possible that a higher thresh (and no, I don't mean extreme values like 90) alone will "fix" the issues. However, it is equally possible that I will need to really dive into everything. But like everything else in Madden, baby steps...bring things up gradually. I'll likely stream some of my testing this evening as it's Friday!

Here is the other side of that Josh. Higher thresh (I simply tested at default 50 and noticed this) allowed defenders to track down on the backside far too easily while I was being patient with my RB and OL waiting for a crease or cut back lane.

Once I lowered the thresh the offense opened up more. Now I am seeing nice chunk yardage runs by both the human and CPU.

As far as screens and counters. I got my feet under me with the sticks and controlling the momentum and foot planting far better than two dats ago. I am having success with counters and screens when I call them in the right situation against the right defense.

Just some feedback here my man.

Sent from Palm Trees and Paradise using Operation Sports
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »