Home

JoshC1977's Madden 19 Sliders (for CFM Only)

This is a discussion on JoshC1977's Madden 19 Sliders (for CFM Only) within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
Top 5 NES Sports Games That Still Hold Up Today
Should Casual Fans Buy NHL 20 While Itís On Sale?
Fight Night Round 3 Video: Father Takes on Son in Boxing Game That Defined an Era
What game would you most like to see return next-gen? -- Click here to cast your vote now!

Old 10-07-2018, 09:57 AM   #657
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: JoshC1977's Madden 19 Sliders (for CFM Only)

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
I'm looking for some feedback for the main forum. I'm not seeing these issues on a continuous basis using Josh's setup and would like some clarification from the people using Josh's sliders. I hope some of you are able to weigh in. Josh, your feedback is welcome too. Thank you.

the physics are terrible..warping dbs still magically stopping so the wr can get a step..end zone awareness issues..wrs brain dead and not active..too many one on one wwe tackles..rb jukes and awful vision.

Do some of these issues/concerns happen once in a while? Do they occur every other play, etc........?

rbs with a wide open sideline juke back into the flow of traffic?..db after press coverage get a slight hitch which enables wrs to get open?..lbs and dbs literally warping to the ball jumping with insane verticals and eyes behind their heads?..dbs freezing within 5 yrds of the end zone endline..rbs jogging to the hole after getting a handoff and on lower speeds getting a hitch pause?.one one one wwe tackles with a 170 lb db on a powerback?..ol just freezing in place on a pass block?..wonky excessive cuts by the rb and wonky qb spin outs and turnarounds from the qb?
I'm seeing a really good balance of animations and balanced gameplay using the setup as well. Sure, on occasion, there is some wonky stuff, but that's Madden (and frankly, Madden 18 was worse with respect to wonky stuff). Of the plethora of issues listed, probably the only one I see with any frequency (more than 1-2 times per game) are the questionable cuts made by CPU runners....and even that is WAY better with this version of the game.

I have pretty much tested manipulating every value on the OP set, down to the gameplay assists and the more I changed them, the more frequent the items in that list started to be.

The biggest offender is the injury settings....things get super wonky when you drop the injury slider in CFM...especially when you go super low...like in the 20s. I suspect some people are running "default" but using a low injury slider....boys...that's not default anymore....it's a big chunk of the physics interactions and balance. You cannot run straight default gameplay sliders and lower injury (or raise fatigue) without dire consequences. No, it shouldn't be that way...I get that....but from my observations....it is.

FWIW, running with the OP...my last game....I had 3 or 4 injuries and one was a game ender, the rest were short-duration.
Old 10-07-2018, 10:14 AM   #658
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
I'm seeing a really good balance of animations and balanced gameplay using the setup as well. Sure, on occasion, there is some wonky stuff, but that's Madden (and frankly, Madden 18 was worse with respect to wonky stuff). Of the plethora of issues listed, probably the only one I see with any frequency (more than 1-2 times per game) are the questionable cuts made by CPU runners....and even that is WAY better with this version of the game.

I have pretty much tested manipulating every value on the OP set, down to the gameplay assists and the more I changed them, the more frequent the items in that list started to be.

The biggest offender is the injury settings....things get super wonky when you drop the injury slider in CFM...especially when you go super low...like in the 20s. I suspect some people are running "default" but using a low injury slider....boys...that's not default anymore....it's a big chunk of the physics interactions and balance. You cannot run straight default gameplay sliders and lower injury (or raise fatigue) without dire consequences. No, it shouldn't be that way...I get that....but from my observations....it is.

FWIW, running with the OP...my last game....I had 3 or 4 injuries and one was a game ender, the rest were short-duration.
Josh, thank you for your observations as they coincide with mine.
#showmedonttellme
#youarepartoftheproblem
Old 10-07-2018, 11:57 AM   #659
Rookie

OVR: 2

Rodman,

I've seen all of the things you listed. Like JoshC, I'm running straight default as posted in the OP.

Some of the issues are occasionally, while others are more frequent. HBs needlessly juking happens frequently; DBs slow off the press happens somewhat; defenders warping to the ball happens a lot. The WWE tackles seem to be the result of the Big Hitter trait, turn that off and it goes away. Occasionally I'll see the blocking issue where a blocker will ignore a rusher, seems to mostly occur on the interior. HUM receivers have poor sideline awareness. Both HUM and CPU receivers are unaware of the back of the end zone line.

For the most part, the game plays much better since the last 2 patches. We may be able to deal with some of the issue via roster editing. I know that is not preferable to most due to the time it takes and we shouldn't have to do it to get the game to play properly. If you can accept the game's flaws, then I think it plays pretty good.
Old 10-07-2018, 12:02 PM   #660
Scoreboard

Milticket's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Josh, thank you for your observations as they coincide with mine.
Although im not using JoshC setup im seeing very rare instances of what you posted from above after the last patch. Again its a sports video game & its Madden so things like that happen from time to time. Like JoshC has said there are so many factors that can contribute to the game playing wonky and I think 90% of the people on the boards dont understand that or are not aware. Im playing on am, tweaked sliders & edited traits.

Last edited by Milticket; 10-07-2018 at 02:19 PM.
Old 10-07-2018, 12:27 PM   #661
Pro

dc thompsoncanyon838's Arena

OVR: 0

Me too. Straight Default with Traits edits. Even more than sum utilize. So far seeing best ever gameplay. Keeping my fingers crossed...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-07-2018, 02:13 PM   #662
Pro

gman2774's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
The biggest offender is the injury settings....things get super wonky when you drop the injury slider in CFM...especially when you go super low...like in the 20s. I suspect some people are running "default" but using a low injury slider....boys...that's not default anymore....it's a big chunk of the physics interactions and balance. You cannot run straight default gameplay sliders and lower injury (or raise fatigue) without dire consequences. No, it shouldn't be that way...I get that....but from my observations.....

Completely agree with this assessment Josh. What stinks tho is I prefer to play with 15 min quarters with acc on. With that setting you have to drop injury slider but if you do, you get the wonkiness you described. Shouldnít be that way. Itís a shame Madden has put me in that situation when all I want to do is use 15 min quarters just like they do on Sundays.

Sent from my iPad using Operation Sports
Old 10-07-2018, 03:00 PM   #663
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by dc thompsoncanyon838
Me too. Straight Default with Traits edits. Even more than sum utilize. So far seeing best ever gameplay. Keeping my fingers crossed...
It's funny, I still do not care for trait adjusted rosters. I DO agree that way too many guys have traits like big hitter and high motor turned on in EAs default rosters. However, I really struggle with turning them off across the board...the game just feels really soft to me when one does that. Now, if playing on AM, I could see it more because it would help mute some of the over-the-top stuff one sees on that level.

I have left the OP silent on roster requirements here....the way I look at it, the game with this set should reflect how the roster has been rated (for better or worse).

FWIW, I still prefer the default 75 man preseason roster and use that for all my testing/playing. However, I cannot definitively point to any one thing to say why importing a roster is "bad".
Old 10-07-2018, 04:11 PM   #664
Rookie

OVR: 0

Josh what was it in previous maddens that we could adjust to make the rb less jukey and run more downhill? I'm tired of seeing the cpu rb juking and spinning for no reason at all.

I vaguely remember adjusting a penalty or auto sub maybe to fix the issues.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »