Home

JoshC1977's Madden 19 Sliders (for CFM Only)

This is a discussion on JoshC1977's Madden 19 Sliders (for CFM Only) within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
Top 5 NES Sports Games That Still Hold Up Today
Should Casual Fans Buy NHL 20 While Itís On Sale?
Fight Night Round 3 Video: Father Takes on Son in Boxing Game That Defined an Era
What game would you most like to see return next-gen? -- Click here to cast your vote now!
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-15-2018, 01:36 PM   #689
MVP
 
OVR: 23
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Williston, North Dakota
Blog Entries: 26
Re: JoshC1977's Madden 19 Sliders (for CFM Only)

Could anyone post some gameplay with the most recent set up..like at least 1 possession for both user and cpu... If 3 n out.. Maybe 2 possessions... Thank you

Sent from my H3123 using Operation Sports mobile app
__________________
Follow me on twitter @schnaidt1 and Youtube @Sim Gaming Network

Games I'm playing: NBA 2k, Madden, MLB the Show, Division 2, Warzone

Please subscribe to my youtube channel for gaming content. https://youtu.be/PXU8cqLnq6w
schnaidt1 is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2018, 03:56 PM   #690
Rookie
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Aug 2017
Re: JoshC1977's Madden 19 Sliders (for CFM Only)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
Correct, all it does is keep you going toward the ball carrier when you do switch.

Whether you are a no-switch player, or if you DO switch (like me), it really has a minimal impact....but what I see from CPU runners (and passing game to a lesser degree has been intriguing).

Ok, I wanted to be sure that somebody switching did actually try it, because I don't switch.

This is a tough choice: true, the runner uses moves much less. BUT in a 2 games sample, it seems to be less effective at least at AM. I'll keep it for some more games, animations are better for sure.


Also I don't know if it's because of this setting or something else, but I missed three crazy user picks, two without any animation triggered despite perfect timing, one with the animation triggered and the ball simply disappearing from my hand and appearing into the receiver's... I know user picks is a big topic this year, I like the fact it's harder, but I really hate when it triggers no animation at all, I defended a few passes with the helmet.
I'm afraid EA messed up with it a bit, launching a patch with the note they are going to change it again is never a good sign, but I'm courious if anybody actually had the same problem after turning on the switch assist.


Well done anyhow, that was hard to find
TizziBoy is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2018, 04:04 PM   #691
Rookie
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Jun 2012
Re: JoshC1977's Madden 19 Sliders (for CFM Only)

Josh, have you noticed any issue with the gameplay getting significantly easier since the patch a couple of weeks ago?

I have a (rebuilding) Colts franchise that was started before the latest patch. In the first few games, including preseason, there were games that I was getting dominated and also closer games. This was all expected since I gutted the roster, especially defensively.

However, since the patch, my defense is unrealistically dominant; Iím having multiple interceptions per game and the opposing QB isnít taking any shots downfield.

Iíve deleted my profile and reset all the settings, just changing what the OP recommends. Just curious if you or anyone has noticed this.


Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
mikem622 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-16-2018, 02:13 PM   #692
All Star
 
JoshC1977's Arena
 
OVR: 5
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Morgantown, WV
Posts: 8,960
Blog Entries: 1
Re: JoshC1977's Madden 19 Sliders (for CFM Only)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikem622
Josh, have you noticed any issue with the gameplay getting significantly easier since the patch a couple of weeks ago?

I have a (rebuilding) Colts franchise that was started before the latest patch. In the first few games, including preseason, there were games that I was getting dominated and also closer games. This was all expected since I gutted the roster, especially defensively.

However, since the patch, my defense is unrealistically dominant; Iím having multiple interceptions per game and the opposing QB isnít taking any shots downfield.

Iíve deleted my profile and reset all the settings, just changing what the OP recommends. Just curious if you or anyone has noticed this.


Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
I'm going to be honest, my play time has been SO limited this year, I just cannot answer this with any confidence.

I DO think that there is a reasonable stance that the gameplay has gotten "easier" as the patches have been released - but it's partly due to EA toning-down a lot of things that were inherently unrealistic. When I lock-in on specific interactions and with the current OP setup, there is a pretty good overall balance where I've seen mis-matches exploited by both sides - and that is the starting point we need.

To your comments about CPU QB play; I again cannot give you a definitive stance right now. My gut though says it's just a tad under-powered - but interestingly, I am liking what I am seeing more with the newest adjustment to the switch assist.

One other thing you can quickly do....and it may be placebo (I don't think it is though)....just before each game, go into the slider screen in franchise mode and hit the reset button and then exit out and start your game.
JoshC1977 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2018, 02:44 PM   #693
Rookie
 
OVR: 2
Join Date: Aug 2005
Re: JoshC1977's Madden 19 Sliders (for CFM Only)

I endorse JoshCís recommendation to reset sliders before playing. Since doing this Iíve seen a significant reduction in the amount of crazy Madden occurrences when playing. The game seems to be more consistent doing this.


Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
mpd3892 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2018, 03:23 PM   #694
Rookie
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Jun 2012
Re: JoshC1977's Madden 19 Sliders (for CFM Only)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
I'm going to be honest, my play time has been SO limited this year, I just cannot answer this with any confidence.



I DO think that there is a reasonable stance that the gameplay has gotten "easier" as the patches have been released - but it's partly due to EA toning-down a lot of things that were inherently unrealistic. When I lock-in on specific interactions and with the current OP setup, there is a pretty good overall balance where I've seen mis-matches exploited by both sides - and that is the starting point we need.



To your comments about CPU QB play; I again cannot give you a definitive stance right now. My gut though says it's just a tad under-powered - but interestingly, I am liking what I am seeing more with the newest adjustment to the switch assist.



One other thing you can quickly do....and it may be placebo (I don't think it is though)....just before each game, go into the slider screen in franchise mode and hit the reset button and then exit out and start your game.


Okay, I will definitely give this a shot. Thanks!
mikem622 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2018, 05:33 PM   #695
Rookie
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Aug 2017
Re: JoshC1977's Madden 19 Sliders (for CFM Only)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpd3892
I endorse JoshCís recommendation to reset sliders before playing. Since doing this Iíve seen a significant reduction in the amount of crazy Madden occurrences when playing. The game seems to be more consistent doing this.


Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports



Yes, definitively raccomed to do it every single game
TizziBoy is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-18-2018, 11:47 AM   #696
Rookie
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Aug 2017
Re: JoshC1977's Madden 19 Sliders (for CFM Only)

I'm getting really pissed off with all these patches.
EA should understand that every time they release a patch we have to spend HOURS just for testing.
Now I can accept a patch a month that completely changes the game, but one every two weeks?


I'm seriously thinking of stopping update, I already reached 4 times a great setting just to see it destroyed with the patch after.


Meanwhile all the bugs are still there and there isn't even a way to actually report them.


It's really annoying.


How can they think they can DOUBLE the scale parity without consequences?
TizziBoy is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:42 AM.

Top -