Home

JoshC1977's Madden 19 Sliders (for CFM Only)

This is a discussion on JoshC1977's Madden 19 Sliders (for CFM Only) within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
Top 5 NES Sports Games That Still Hold Up Today
Should Casual Fans Buy NHL 20 While Itís On Sale?
Fight Night Round 3 Video: Father Takes on Son in Boxing Game That Defined an Era
What game would you most like to see return next-gen? -- Click here to cast your vote now!

Old 10-18-2018, 08:59 PM   #705
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: JoshC1977's Madden 19 Sliders (for CFM Only)

Iíve been busy moving in today so just learned about 1.12.

In all honesty Iíve been thinking long and hard about a thresh lowering for a lot of reasons. This obviates that need.

Will start over at pure default and work our way back from there.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-18-2018, 09:36 PM   #706
Pro

Jagsfan24's Arena

OVR: 0

I read that default now works really well. but I havenít tested yet
Old 10-19-2018, 02:40 AM   #707
Rookie

ulua's Arena

Ok so i've been playing with the new patch and not sure yet how I like the speed adjustment, at least for human controlled team, the faster players has a strange animation, it's like the player is running faster then his legs can move, also I threw a pick and my OL who was
trying to chase the DB down was running like a slug, the animation for the OL men started normal then once the DB passed them the OL just slowed down like stuck in the mud. anyone else notice this?

I was using injury mm50 cm40
put it back to mm50 and cm50 animation is way better

Last edited by ulua; 10-19-2018 at 03:21 AM.
Old 10-19-2018, 05:24 AM   #708
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
Iíve been busy moving in today so just learned about 1.12.

In all honesty Iíve been thinking long and hard about a thresh lowering for a lot of reasons. This obviates that need.

Will start over at pure default and work our way back from there.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

One of the biggest problems they don't consider when they do these big changes is that they change gameplay logics while they don't change OVR calculations.
Because of this, the cpu does not play with more effective players while you actually exploit salaries because you can play with lower OVR players.

So, they did dramatically increase the importance of agility and jumping on pass defense, but those are still secondary ratings in OVR calculation. Because of this, the CPU will not consider them.

Now speed becomes a major parameter in ALL positions, but in OVR calculation it's only 13% on receiving and elusive HB, 12% in deep threat WR, 10% in slot, 9% to 20% on defensive backs.

I have a 97 spd WR and even before the patch nobody could chase him if he wasn't fatigued. THAT problem didn't really exist.

The dev note states:

"To address a common piece of feedback from our community about slower players being too successful at chasing down faster players in the open field, we have stretched out the ďPlayer Speed Parity ScaleĒ to increase the discrepancy between players of different speeds. The scale has been expanded to almost double its default value. The goal of this tuning is make a 5-point difference in Speed feel more like a 10-point difference. If you have been playing on the default value already and would like to continue playing on that value, simply reset this value to 75 instead of 50 via the Gameplay Settings menu. However, the new value will be the default setting for online play."

Now, we have a 0-100 scale, with default 50.
From what I read, to come back to the previous setting's default we should go to 75. But that means that the previous 100 is now 150, which doesn't exist. So basically if someone was playing 100 he can't play that setting anymore.
I don't think it's fair, honestly.

I'll give a try at pure default, but it's really becoming tough chasing these changes, couldn't they simply set the MM default to 25?
Old 10-19-2018, 11:46 AM   #709
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

Several things had bugged me all year with Madden:
  • Stretch plays were a bit too overpowered as linemen were CONSISTENTLY in front of the defenders.
  • Screen plays rarely worked well for CPU due to D-line catching up
  • Very little back and forth push between lines

Those are all symptoms of thresh being too high and the reason why I commented last night that I had been pondering a lower thresh. With the patch "stretching" the values out a bit, I am hopeful that some of these issues are mitigated a bit.

My concern: did they go the other way and make it too "open"? Examples of things I will be looking for include:
  • On stretch plays, if the o-linemen struggle to EVER get in front of the back to set up blocks (i.e. they consistently clump together instead of getting out in front), then the new default value is too low. Barring one having a really fast RB, he shouldn't be able to outrun everyone to the edge.
  • Is line play too "loose" (i.e. is it too easy to shed blocks)?
  • Is interior running too "easy" for both sides due to LB pursuit being nerfed?

You'll note that I really focus on the run game when making observations about thresh. What I have found (for me anyways) over the years is that it is much easier to hone-in on the thresh value looking at run game dynamics. There are just way too many ratings involved in the pass game to definitively say that thresh is a problem.

I toyed with the patch last night and pure default felt a bit weird. I did fire-up the OP (no assists on) and I thought it felt better (which is not surprising). Thresh is a super tricky setting to assess though, so I am going to proceed cautiously. I want to run some more tests at both default and with the OP. Once I have confirmed which base setup (i.e. which injury setup) we'll roll with, then we can really scrutinize the threshold (looking at some of those key markers I mentioned above) and see if any adjustments are needed. Note: I'm really not interested in going straight to 75 thresh and mimicking what we had previously; I think we can improve upon it.

I am going to be unpacking a lot this weekend as I finally moved into my new home yesterday. However, the PS4 IS set up so I will get some gameplay in this weekend for sure.

One final thing: I 100% understand the frustration with patches. But moving forward, I really want to keep things focused on how we adapt. If you want to vent about "patch frustration" (which, again, is 100% understandable), please utilize the patch thread in the main forum to do so.
Old 10-19-2018, 11:56 AM   #710
MVP

bravesfan1984's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
Several things had bugged me all year with Madden:
  • Stretch plays were a bit too overpowered as linemen were CONSISTENTLY in front of the defenders.
  • Screen plays rarely worked well for CPU due to D-line catching up
  • Very little back and forth push between lines

Those are all symptoms of thresh being too high and the reason why I commented last night that I had been pondering a lower thresh. With the patch "stretching" the values out a bit, I am hopeful that some of these issues are mitigated a bit.

My concern: did they go the other way and make it too "open"? Examples of things I will be looking for include:
  • On stretch plays, if the o-linemen struggle to EVER get in front of the back to set up blocks (i.e. they consistently clump together instead of getting out in front), then the new default value is too low. Barring one having a really fast RB, he shouldn't be able to outrun everyone to the edge.
  • Is line play too "loose" (i.e. is it too easy to shed blocks)?
  • Is interior running too "easy" for both sides due to LB pursuit being nerfed?

You'll note that I really focus on the run game when making observations about thresh. What I have found (for me anyways) over the years is that it is much easier to hone-in on the thresh value looking at run game dynamics. There are just way too many ratings involved in the pass game to definitively say that thresh is a problem.

I toyed with the patch last night and pure default felt a bit weird. I did fire-up the OP (no assists on) and I thought it felt better (which is not surprising). Thresh is a super tricky setting to assess though, so I am going to proceed cautiously. I want to run some more tests at both default and with the OP. Once I have confirmed which base setup (i.e. which injury setup) we'll roll with, then we can really scrutinize the threshold (looking at some of those key markers I mentioned above) and see if any adjustments are needed. Note: I'm really not interested in going straight to 75 thresh and mimicking what we had previously; I think we can improve upon it.

I am going to be unpacking a lot this weekend as I finally moved into my new home yesterday. However, the PS4 IS set up so I will get some gameplay in this weekend for sure.

One final thing: I 100% understand the frustration with patches. But moving forward, I really want to keep things focused on how we adapt. If you want to vent about "patch frustration" (which, again, is 100% understandable), please utilize the patch thread in the main forum to do so.

Hope you're enjoying Morgantown, glad to hear you are beginning to unpack and get settled in.

2018 OSFM Hybrid Roster
Old 10-19-2018, 12:56 PM   #711
Pro

dc thompsoncanyon838's Arena

Josh get some of your government underlings over there in the think tanks to work around the clock until this sliders thing is set once and for all. Better have someone with a pad and pen with the most vital cog in this wheel, just in case the say something in their sleep ! Lol
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-19-2018, 01:06 PM   #712
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by dc thompsoncanyon838
Josh get some of your government underlings over there in the think tanks to work around the clock until this sliders thing is set once and for all. Better have someone with a pad and pen with the most vital cog in this wheel, just in case the say something in their sleep ! Lol
Well...I don't work for the government, so no underlings here...which is why I need all of you to record your observations and provide animation-based feedback.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »