Home

JoshC1977's Madden 19 Sliders (for CFM Only)

This is a discussion on JoshC1977's Madden 19 Sliders (for CFM Only) within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
Top 5 NES Sports Games That Still Hold Up Today
Should Casual Fans Buy NHL 20 While It’s On Sale?
Fight Night Round 3 Video: Father Takes on Son in Boxing Game That Defined an Era
What game would you most like to see return next-gen? -- Click here to cast your vote now!

Old 10-30-2018, 04:55 PM   #761
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by greed8819
I have not used your AP set up since the first month but I currently use it for AM and really like the way its playing, pure default is rather good IMO.

Good to know man, thanks for the info!

Last edited by JoshC1977; 10-30-2018 at 05:08 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-30-2018, 05:10 PM   #762
MVP

Insight23's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: JoshC1977's Madden 19 Sliders (for CFM Only)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
Thanks for the feedback! Small sample size, but a 2-1 start for Dallas is quite reasonable and is what I am hoping to hear....

I really like the injury aspect to be honest. They aren't crazy (like I've only had up to 4 players on the injured list for multiple weeks). But, I've just lost my starting MLB Edmunds for the season with a Torn Rotator Cuff after I (very foolishly) brought him back from a previous injury a week early. After 5 games, it is him and two others with shorter-term injuries on my injured list. That really isn't bad at all for all the little dings we see in-game.

It can suck losing a keystone player like Zeke but that's football. We have to avoid the temptation to overuse these guys, rest them as needed, and take them out of blowouts. Even then, we might still lose them.

I know one thing for a fact, I will be closely watching injury and toughness ratings for any future player acquisitions.

I'm using a roster with iMac's traits edit if that means anything. And if it does please let me know because I'll restart with pre-season roster. I used your sliders the past couple years & they've worked great.

I like the injury aspect as well. It's a big part of of sports & they happen every week. Forces teams to change their week to week strategy & creates opportunities for other players. So I definitely want to continue to see those.

As far as the 2 big injuries I mentioned. Zeke was injured early 1st quarter but the Dak injury made much more sense. I was slinging the ball around a lot & running with him. On top of that he was already sacked a couple times.
Old 10-30-2018, 05:22 PM   #763
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insight23
I'm using a roster with iMac's traits edit if that means anything. And if it does please let me know because I'll restart with pre-season roster. I used your sliders the past couple years & they've worked great.

I like the injury aspect as well. It's a big part of of sports & they happen every week. Forces teams to change their week to week strategy & creates opportunities for other players. So I definitely want to continue to see those.

As far as the 2 big injuries I mentioned. Zeke was injured early 1st quarter but the Dak injury made much more sense. I was slinging the ball around a lot & running with him. On top of that he was already sacked a couple times.
I'm not a personal fan of trait-edited rosters. I understand the concept but disagree with the execution of many (i.e. blanket-deleting traits from all players). I DO agree that some traits are overdone in EA's rosters (actually tweeted Clint about it earlier today when I found a relevant opening), but I don't like it the other way either.

Here's the thing though....if you're having fun and enjoying the game, roll with it. I'm not going to tell anyone how to enjoy the game. Just understand that I do all of my testing/playing using EA's default 75 man preseason roster and that there COULD be differences in outcomes due to that....
Old 10-30-2018, 05:46 PM   #764
MVP

Insight23's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
I'm not a personal fan of trait-edited rosters. I understand the concept but disagree with the execution of many (i.e. blanket-deleting traits from all players). I DO agree that some traits are overdone in EA's rosters (actually tweeted Clint about it earlier today when I found a relevant opening), but I don't like it the other way either.

Here's the thing though....if you're having fun and enjoying the game, roll with it. I'm not going to tell anyone how to enjoy the game. Just understand that I do all of my testing/playing using EA's default 75 man preseason roster and that there COULD be differences in outcomes due to that....

Indeed. I'll come to a conclusion on which roster I would like to use. Thanks.
Old 10-30-2018, 10:54 PM   #765
Rookie

MattySim247's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Hey guys. Thread is dying here, so either everyone is loving the current setup or have moved on, lol.

I'm going to ask a serious question here though. What are people seeing with this set? Is anyone using a good team here with the OP and having (in general) the level of success that the team's ratings would dictate?

So here is why I am asking. I'm getting blasted in my Bills franchise (0-5 so far and we're steadily going downhill). There are just times that the CPU can absolutely overwhelm my defense, opposing WRs run open, my d-line can't get pressure, RBs run all over me. My offense is putrid too; with no vertical threats and a crap QB/OL situation, it is BAD in general (and a disaster if I am not focused when playing). Games have unfolded differently for sure and I see the matchups play-out well. In all seriousness, I am enjoying myself immensely.

What I am asking for is a "reality check". I am 100% fine with a team like the Bills struggling (especially given the mistakes I have made)...but I would not be fine if "power teams" are getting blasted (barring key injuries and so on) constantly. I just want to make sure that at a high-level, team/player abilities are being respected.

Overall, I am loving the gameplay. It feels better than it has since the game was released. Also, I have been kicking and screaming about putting the injury slider at 50 but with this current setup, I feel like the injuries have been very realistic both in quantity and length.

Before I explain my season (I’m the Raiders by the way) I should let you know that I simmed the 2018 season. I enjoy the scouting and drafting part of the game and I enjoy taking a bad team and rebuilding them with an infusion of young talent. It just so happens that the raiders have traded their two best players this season so they have a bunch of first round picks. The team’s overall rating though is still just 78 so we are in no way a “powerhouse” but we are probably better than what the real raiders are putting on the field each week.

Those things being said, I am currently 13-1 season. That may be a little misleading, though because overall the games have been close and have still been in doubt in the 4th quarter. The one game that I lost, I actually had a 24-7 lead late in the 3rd quarter only to see it gradually disappear before I was beaten on a last second field goal. I loved it.

There is really only one thing that bothers me. And that is that the computer has ZERO run game. I’m talking 30 carries for 21 yards type of stuff. I am by far leading the league in run defense but am middle of the pack against the pass. The passing game feels as legit as it ever has. If we can find a way to balance that out, the computer would sustain more drives and I think I would be seeing more mixed results as far as my win-loss record is concerned because I am -17 in turnover margin. There’s no way I should win as many games as I have when I have turned the ball over more than anyone in the league.

Again, Josh, thanks for all that you do for this community

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-30-2018, 10:58 PM   #766
I hate you Norv

tdawg3782's Arena

OVR: 11

I'm loving it Josh. I'm using the 49ers (year 2) and it's rough going still. Had a pretty good draft and my rookies are playing well but it's hit or miss for me. I just had a nice 3 game losing streak (against even or slightly worse teams ratings wise) and then had two big wins against superior opponents. I played lights out those two games though. I believe that trying to create mismatches or playing to your opponents weakness is key this year. I've been pretty quite this year but keep it up. I love this game even with it's quirks.
Old 10-31-2018, 08:22 AM   #767
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

Thanks for all the feedback guys. Sounds like the variety is there; which is all I wanted to verify.

Mattysim: I honestly have no idea why you're still having CPU run game issues. They absolutely DO still 'wiggle' a bit too much, but I have yet to see an extreme negative result for their run game (If anything, I think the CPU run game is a bit OP). I would need to know a lot more about your play style/play calling approach to better understand what could be happening.
Old 10-31-2018, 07:33 PM   #768
MVP

MvPeterson2828's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by greed8819
I have not used your AP set up since the first month but I currently use it for AM and really like the way its playing, pure default is rather good IMO.

I can agree your current set Josh on AM is amazing. I have been quiet but still keep myself up to date. doing a Giants CFM and a Titans VS Giants Matchup. I lost 25-14 due to user error and just sloppy play by my team. I threw a pick that was 100% my fault, then had one those madden picks where it’s deflecting and caught diving. Two fumbles killed it for me and any chance of coming back.

But honestly, game felt great, nothing felt cheated whatsoever. Play good football, make good reads, you win games. Play bad football, well you know the result...

twitch.tv/mvpeterson2828

Last edited by MvPeterson2828; 10-31-2018 at 07:45 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »