Home

Matt10's Madden 19 Sliders

This is a discussion on Matt10's Madden 19 Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-23-2018, 11:32 PM   #817
Rookie

Ryan2010's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Matt10's Madden 19 Sliders

Looking forward to your updates.. Thank you for your hard work.
Old 08-23-2018, 11:37 PM   #818
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

⏭ Slider Update Log - Version 12

8/23/18 - It's been a long day of testing. I thought I had it much earlier in the day, but like any slider set, it is only as good as its base - and if there is a little crack in that base, it's going to fall apart.

So, I had to take this apart from the previous versions, and kind of build it new. I focused on trying to interchange both All-Pro and All-Madden. I think the core of the set are there to allow this to happen. I approach slider sets this way so I can use All-Pro for home games and All-Madden for away games. This is what I do for FIFA, and have done for NCAA and Madden for years. Of course, we're all different, and skillsets vary, so you will have to modify where you see fit - or simply ask and I can give insight on my thinking. It's a bit crazy at times, and I apologize. I hope this Version 12 makes sense as the games unfold.

Since this is pretty much a brand new set, I am going to just post it as is below.

⏭ Game Settings

Skill Level: All-Pro or All-Madden

Game Speed: Normal

Game Style: Simulation

Quarter Length: 9 minutes

Accelerated Clock: Off

⏭ Gameplay Helpers

Ball Carrier Special Move: Manual

Defensive Auto Strafe: Off

Defensive Ball Hawk: On
• Post patch this MUST BE ON. Since the deflections were patched out, as were the WR jarred hits, this value is even more important for both the User and CPU. This is similar to my Madden 18 values, in which Josh recommended it.

Defensive Heat Seeker Assist: Off

Defensive Switch Assist: Off

⏭ Game Options

Injuries: 13
• Kudos to Tommy again for these as it allows such a nice balance of entire game injuries, temporary injuries, different severity, just good overall mixture.

Fatigue: 50
• Initially thought this would need to be modified back to 49 or even 48, but what I realized here was that it was other slider values causing the issue and not the fatigue as a base. Keeping at 50 allows good rotation and also affects stamina of players to perform.

Min Player Threshold: 0 (ZERO)
• For the first time this year I thought about moving this up, and tested as so. I went all over the map, and never found it to be as good as ZERO. However, Zero requires a lot of love and attention. It can cause separation between a DB/WR to look like acres of space at times. However, the NFL, or football in general, is about closing down that space and reacting to make up for it. With threshold at Zero, that space is not just about speed, but it is about maintaining the players relevance to the forcefield that the game puts on you at 50. This is why there is warping and collisions that are illogical. This is why when creating a Zero threshold set, it is so much about outside of the box thinking because it is so far off game's design. Based on the history of this game's direction via patches, etc, one would not be hesitant to address a different path of the game's design - threshold at zero is my way of bringing that to the table.

⏭ Player/CPU Skill Settings
*Community PC file: "Matt10V12" (pending, tbd)
*Community PS4 file: "Matt10V12" (pending, tbd)

QB Accuracy: 50/50
• I've had multiple thoughts about this value. Post-patch, it's one of those that sticks out to being the culprit to a lot of issues, such as Robo QB and dink/dunk passes, etc. To me, this value serves as a form of aggression, but also a "true" value to the ratings of the player under pressure. The key word here is "pressure" as any quarterback can be Joe Montana without pressure, or facing proper coverage, so that is why I have left the value at 50 for both All-Pro and All-Madden. If you go too low on this value, you get those "safe" passes, or no pass at all. I want this to play true to ratings, and I feel QBA at 50 does the job.

Pass Blocking: 48/30
• As mentioned above for QBA, this pass blocking value also needs to get attention; in particular for the CPU. The PBL for the user is also going to be addressed, but not directly through this value. Same goes for the CPU, but it needed a bit extra "nudge" in the right direction. These values will bring pressure, but keep in mind that will force the QB to make a decision, and not many QBs want to take a sack, so this can end up improving passing, so tread carefully with your playcalling.

WR Catch: 48/48
• Slight adjustment here as the receivers have a bit more power being given to them in holding onto the football, not to mention priority to the football. This is why another value in offensive pass interference (OPI) was turned back on because it had previously allows the receiver to fight for the ball in the air. Now, not so much, they are doing that on their own.

Run Blocking: 55/65
• One of those values that always needs attention, and this is not different. There is a specific penalty value that is going to make that 55 look like a 45, so be ready for it. The CPU reacts very well to this aggression and get on their horse from the get go. Yes, there are still some questionable jukes at times, but they are much more direct that pre-patch.

Fumbles:50/50
• Keeping this one as it is. Too many theories in my head on what does what, but in the end, the idea of the RB or QB fumbling constantly is a bit tiresome. I do not believe it affects run directness in this post-patch version as much as it did pre-patch though.

Pass Defense Reaction Time: 1/1
• Yes, strange value I know. This value is reversed. 1 is tighter and more reactive, while 100 is looser and slower to react. This is what is relative to this entire set's composition though, so I by no means am isolating that it is reversed for those who play default at 50 thresh, or anything like that, I can only speak to my set. If I wanted to come up with theories on every single set out there, Madden21 will be out by the time I've reached the QBA value. So, trust me on this one, this is like part 1 out of the crazy values that make up some semblance of a pass defense post-patch.

Interceptions: 38/35
• This value also plays a role in coverage and chosen interception animation vs deflection. If you have ball hawk off, and keep this as it is, you then must control the defender and then choose an input to intercept. Frustrating, but this is the design currently.

Pass Coverage: 1/1
• Probably the biggest find for me. Took way too long to find the right combination, but once discovered, this had to play a role in the coverage. I've shown video on this thread, and it is so important to have this value where it is so there is much less (not completely removed) stopping on routes by the defender. They will still get beat if there is a mismatch, or if the run into a teammate/opponent, so definitely watch the playcalling. CPU will not be afraid to go long if they see a mismatch. Some of the best DB/WR animations I have seen to date though.

Tackling: 45/45
• I really wanted to get a low value for tackling to take advantage of the physics in this game. I am quite hesitant of lowering tackle as well though because it creates a lot of warping if it is not paired with either a threshold change (higher) or a penalty change (facemask). I chose the penalty route since, for one, facemask is rarely called in this game, and it focuses on a more wrap up type tackle when paired up with low tackle value. I did not want an abundance of broken tackles either though.

⏭ Special Teams

FG Power: 55/55
• I've said it before, but I like that "oomph!" in the kick. This not only allows that to happen, but it allows the accuracy value to be modified under 50 as well so there are no random driven soccer kicks into the crossbar.

FG Accuracy: 48/48
• As mentioned above, this value can be lowered to create that random chance of a miss by the guys with the most pressure on their shoulders. As a former kicker myself, I had to give some realistic "love" to them.

Punt Power: 48/48
• May have mentioned it before, but this value is super sensitive. There is a 10-yard glitch though that happens when punting into the wind, so just be on the lookout with those. However, I did want less powered punts into the endzone that would get the punter fired on the spot if he did once in a game, let alone the multiple times this game allows it.

Punt Accuracy: 51/51
• If they're going to lose a little bit of power, let's make them a tad accurate on their punts so they're going for the coffin corner punts a bit more - or at least trying to.

Kickoff Power: 48/48
• Good value here to get the ball struck perfectly through the endzone, or come up short of the goal-line.

⏭ Penalties

Offside: 55
• This is the value that determines how quick of a jump the DL gets (shedding blocks), and also how quick of a jump the DB/LB react to a draw play. I like 55 because it brings it in play to be called as a penalty, but it also plays a role in defending variety in the trenches.

False Start: 55
• Always good to have this go hand-in-hand with offside. They work together to create that OL/DL interaction. The OL is controlled by False-Start, and the DL is controlled by Offside.

Offensive Holding: 55
• Holding will be called, especially because there is more emphasis to pressure the quarterback and react to second level blocking when applicable.

Defensive Holding: 50
• I like this animation to appear more, so if it's higher it tends to not ever appear. It is basically the animation in which the WR/TE runs into the middle of the field and are pushed off balance or even pushed into completing their route.

Face Mask: 80
• Relative to the tackle value, this brings in more wrap up style versus WWE. You will see big hits by big hitters, but with the post-patch update of hit-stick tackling, there will be a lot of risk/reward here.

Defensive Pass Interference: 55
• I absolutely love that this value can be placed here. It shows up in many situations, especially in one on one instances. I have tried it at lower levels, and it's just not football if there isn't a tangling of players that are fighting for position.

Offensive Pass Interference: On
• As mentioned earlier, this value needs to be turned back on. There was a disadvantage in the receivers fighting for the ball in the air pre-patch, but post-patch they have the priority. Turning this back on so there are no additional priorities given over defenders who get in good position.

Kick Catch Interference: On
• Has to be on. It affects the read/react of the defenders. With it off, you will see more start/stop on routes, and also some bonehead looks at the ball versus trying to make a play.

Illegal Block in the Back: 0 (ZERO)
• I believe the combination of the penalties here are what really allow the runners to be much more direct. I still see them looking at blocks and defenders that are not directly engaged in the play, but they look at it much later in the run, and by then they've already attempted to go towards the endzone. Do not be surprised to see the players juke and spin in certain situations though - this by no means a substitute to player trait editing. Again though, this was a penalty I never saw. I was hoping to see the animation show up, but it never did. Interestingly enough, this has allowed the KR/PR game to have a better chance of breaking open in some cases - but also some values below play a part in the formula.

Intentional Grounding: Off
• This penalty does not get called anyways. However since turning it off, I've seen much smarter CPU QB play and extending plays properly.

Roughing the Passer: 5
• This is the value that makes all the difference in the world. Not only does it affect the passing plays, it affects the running plays. Without it, the LB/DL are left to play patty-cake with the OL, and never get to blow up anything in the backfield. 100% essential to this set. Lower the value, the more aggressive, higher more subtle.

Roughing the Kicker: Off
• Make sure and do not confuse this with Running into the Kicker. Roughing the kicker is the value that, to me, increases the aggression of the defense. This results in a honing in on the ball carrier, but also increases the chance of a bad pursuit angle at times and relative to the player's rating, etc. This again is all about your pre-snap reads, and audibling when you see a safety come up at the LOS, etc.

Running into the Kicker: On
• Still no reason to adjust this. I tried this off for a bit, and the animation of jogging DBs and LBs was very evident in weird situations. From coverage to chasing down a runner, this value is best to stay on because it just brings in strange, illogical, animations. This is one of the reasons I had thought fatigue had to go down initially.
Old 08-23-2018, 11:51 PM   #819
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10
⏭ Slider Update Log - Version 12

8/23/18 - It's been a long day of testing. I thought I had it much earlier in the day, but like any slider set, it is only as good as its base - and if there is a little crack in that base, it's going to fall apart.

So, I had to take this apart from the previous versions, and kind of build it new. I focused on trying to interchange both All-Pro and All-Madden. I think the core of the set are there to allow this to happen. I approach slider sets this way so I can use All-Pro for home games and All-Madden for away games. This is what I do for FIFA, and have done for NCAA and Madden for years. Of course, we're all different, and skillsets vary, so you will have to modify where you see fit - or simply ask and I can give insight on my thinking. It's a bit crazy at times, and I apologize. I hope this Version 12 makes sense as the games unfold.

Since this is pretty much a brand new set, I am going to just post it as is below.

⏭ Game Settings

Skill Level: All-Pro or All-Madden

Game Speed: Normal

Game Style: Simulation

Quarter Length: 9 minutes

Accelerated Clock: Off

⏭ Gameplay Helpers

Ball Carrier Special Move: Manual

Defensive Auto Strafe: Off

Defensive Ball Hawk: On
• Post patch this MUST BE ON. Since the deflections were patched out, as were the WR jarred hits, this value is even more important for both the User and CPU. This is similar to my Madden 18 values, in which Josh recommended it.

Defensive Heat Seeker Assist: Off

Defensive Switch Assist: Off

⏭ Game Options

Injuries: 13
• Kudos to Tommy again for these as it allows such a nice balance of entire game injuries, temporary injuries, different severity, just good overall mixture.

Fatigue: 50
• Initially thought this would need to be modified back to 49 or even 48, but what I realized here was that it was other slider values causing the issue and not the fatigue as a base. Keeping at 50 allows good rotation and also affects stamina of players to perform.

Min Player Threshold: 0 (ZERO)
• For the first time this year I thought about moving this up, and tested as so. I went all over the map, and never found it to be as good as ZERO. However, Zero requires a lot of love and attention. It can cause separation between a DB/WR to look like acres of space at times. However, the NFL, or football in general, is about closing down that space and reacting to make up for it. With threshold at Zero, that space is not just about speed, but it is about maintaining the players relevance to the forcefield that the game puts on you at 50. This is why there is warping and collisions that are illogical. This is why when creating a Zero threshold set, it is so much about outside of the box thinking because it is so far off game's design. Based on the history of this game's direction via patches, etc, one would not be hesitant to address a different path of the game's design - threshold at zero is my way of bringing that to the table.

⏭ Player/CPU Skill Settings
*Community PC file: "Matt10V12" (pending, tbd)
*Community PS4 file: "Matt10V12" (pending, tbd)

QB Accuracy: 50/50
• I've had multiple thoughts about this value. Post-patch, it's one of those that sticks out to being the culprit to a lot of issues, such as Robo QB and dink/dunk passes, etc. To me, this value serves as a form of aggression, but also a "true" value to the ratings of the player under pressure. The key word here is "pressure" as any quarterback can be Joe Montana without pressure, or facing proper coverage, so that is why I have left the value at 50 for both All-Pro and All-Madden. If you go too low on this value, you get those "safe" passes, or no pass at all. I want this to play true to ratings, and I feel QBA at 50 does the job.

Pass Blocking: 48/30
• As mentioned above for QBA, this pass blocking value also needs to get attention; in particular for the CPU. The PBL for the user is also going to be addressed, but not directly through this value. Same goes for the CPU, but it needed a bit extra "nudge" in the right direction. These values will bring pressure, but keep in mind that will force the QB to make a decision, and not many QBs want to take a sack, so this can end up improving passing, so tread carefully with your playcalling.

WR Catch: 48/48
• Slight adjustment here as the receivers have a bit more power being given to them in holding onto the football, not to mention priority to the football. This is why another value in offensive pass interference (OPI) was turned back on because it had previously allows the receiver to fight for the ball in the air. Now, not so much, they are doing that on their own.

Run Blocking: 55/65
• One of those values that always needs attention, and this is not different. There is a specific penalty value that is going to make that 55 look like a 45, so be ready for it. The CPU reacts very well to this aggression and get on their horse from the get go. Yes, there are still some questionable jukes at times, but they are much more direct that pre-patch.

Fumbles:50/50
• Keeping this one as it is. Too many theories in my head on what does what, but in the end, the idea of the RB or QB fumbling constantly is a bit tiresome. I do not believe it affects run directness in this post-patch version as much as it did pre-patch though.

Pass Defense Reaction Time: 1/1
• Yes, strange value I know. This value is reversed. 1 is tighter and more reactive, while 100 is looser and slower to react. This is what is relative to this entire set's composition though, so I by no means am isolating that it is reversed for those who play default at 50 thresh, or anything like that, I can only speak to my set. If I wanted to come up with theories on every single set out there, Madden21 will be out by the time I've reached the QBA value. So, trust me on this one, this is like part 1 out of the crazy values that make up some semblance of a pass defense post-patch.

Interceptions: 38/35
• This value also plays a role in coverage and chosen interception animation vs deflection. If you have ball hawk off, and keep this as it is, you then must control the defender and then choose an input to intercept. Frustrating, but this is the design currently.

Pass Coverage: 1/1
• Probably the biggest find for me. Took way too long to find the right combination, but once discovered, this had to play a role in the coverage. I've shown video on this thread, and it is so important to have this value where it is so there is much less (not completely removed) stopping on routes by the defender. They will still get beat if there is a mismatch, or if the run into a teammate/opponent, so definitely watch the playcalling. CPU will not be afraid to go long if they see a mismatch. Some of the best DB/WR animations I have seen to date though.

Tackling: 45/45
• I really wanted to get a low value for tackling to take advantage of the physics in this game. I am quite hesitant of lowering tackle as well though because it creates a lot of warping if it is not paired with either a threshold change (higher) or a penalty change (facemask). I chose the penalty route since, for one, facemask is rarely called in this game, and it focuses on a more wrap up type tackle when paired up with low tackle value. I did not want an abundance of broken tackles either though.

⏭ Special Teams

FG Power: 55/55
• I've said it before, but I like that "oomph!" in the kick. This not only allows that to happen, but it allows the accuracy value to be modified under 50 as well so there are no random driven soccer kicks into the crossbar.

FG Accuracy: 48/48
• As mentioned above, this value can be lowered to create that random chance of a miss by the guys with the most pressure on their shoulders. As a former kicker myself, I had to give some realistic "love" to them.

Punt Power: 48/48
• May have mentioned it before, but this value is super sensitive. There is a 10-yard glitch though that happens when punting into the wind, so just be on the lookout with those. However, I did want less powered punts into the endzone that would get the punter fired on the spot if he did once in a game, let alone the multiple times this game allows it.

Punt Accuracy: 51/51
• If they're going to lose a little bit of power, let's make them a tad accurate on their punts so they're going for the coffin corner punts a bit more - or at least trying to.

Kickoff Power: 48/48
• Good value here to get the ball struck perfectly through the endzone, or come up short of the goal-line.

⏭ Penalties

Offside: 55
• This is the value that determines how quick of a jump the DL gets (shedding blocks), and also how quick of a jump the DB/LB react to a draw play. I like 55 because it brings it in play to be called as a penalty, but it also plays a role in defending variety in the trenches.

False Start: 55
• Always good to have this go hand-in-hand with offside. They work together to create that OL/DL interaction. The OL is controlled by False-Start, and the DL is controlled by Offside.

Offensive Holding: 55
• Holding will be called, especially because there is more emphasis to pressure the quarterback and react to second level blocking when applicable.

Defensive Holding: 50
• I like this animation to appear more, so if it's higher it tends to not ever appear. It is basically the animation in which the WR/TE runs into the middle of the field and are pushed off balance or even pushed into completing their route.

Face Mask: 80
• Relative to the tackle value, this brings in more wrap up style versus WWE. You will see big hits by big hitters, but with the post-patch update of hit-stick tackling, there will be a lot of risk/reward here.

Defensive Pass Interference: 55
• I absolutely love that this value can be placed here. It shows up in many situations, especially in one on one instances. I have tried it at lower levels, and it's just not football if there isn't a tangling of players that are fighting for position.

Offensive Pass Interference: On
• As mentioned earlier, this value needs to be turned back on. There was a disadvantage in the receivers fighting for the ball in the air pre-patch, but post-patch they have the priority. Turning this back on so there are no additional priorities given over defenders who get in good position.

Kick Catch Interference: On
• Has to be on. It affects the read/react of the defenders. With it off, you will see more start/stop on routes, and also some bonehead looks at the ball versus trying to make a play.

Illegal Block in the Back: 0 (ZERO)
• I believe the combination of the penalties here are what really allow the runners to be much more direct. I still see them looking at blocks and defenders that are not directly engaged in the play, but they look at it much later in the run, and by then they've already attempted to go towards the endzone. Do not be surprised to see the players juke and spin in certain situations though - this by no means a substitute to player trait editing. Again though, this was a penalty I never saw. I was hoping to see the animation show up, but it never did. Interestingly enough, this has allowed the KR/PR game to have a better chance of breaking open in some cases - but also some values below play a part in the formula.

Intentional Grounding: Off
• This penalty does not get called anyways. However since turning it off, I've seen much smarter CPU QB play and extending plays properly.

Roughing the Passer: 5
• This is the value that makes all the difference in the world. Not only does it affect the passing plays, it affects the running plays. Without it, the LB/DL are left to play patty-cake with the OL, and never get to blow up anything in the backfield. 100% essential to this set. Lower the value, the more aggressive, higher more subtle.

Roughing the Kicker: Off
• Make sure and do not confuse this with Running into the Kicker. Roughing the kicker is the value that, to me, increases the aggression of the defense. This results in a honing in on the ball carrier, but also increases the chance of a bad pursuit angle at times and relative to the player's rating, etc. This again is all about your pre-snap reads, and audibling when you see a safety come up at the LOS, etc.

Running into the Kicker: On
• Still no reason to adjust this. I tried this off for a bit, and the animation of jogging DBs and LBs was very evident in weird situations. From coverage to chasing down a runner, this value is best to stay on because it just brings in strange, illogical, animations. This is one of the reasons I had thought fatigue had to go down initially.
Hey man, two quick things!
First, thanks for all your work. This is incredible. I’m super excited to try the sliders and also slightly scared. Ha. Just seems to different.

Second, you mention using All-Pro at home and All-Madden away. I think this is a super cool idea and I would like to employ it in my own franchise. That being said, I wanted to know if you find it still difficult enough? I don’t want home games to be a guaranteed 8 wins a year

Thanks.
Old 08-23-2018, 11:51 PM   #820
Rookie

KidsAreAsleep's Arena

Going live now with Version 12.
https://www.twitch.tv/kidsareasleepgaming

YouTube Channel:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfb...B8QRdC0QWSRTIg

Twitch Channel:https://www.twitch.tv/kidsareasleepgaming
Old 08-24-2018, 12:25 AM   #821
Pro

BlackLightning3's Arena

OVR: 2

Matt version 12 is uploaded to my PSN MATT10V12
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2018, 12:29 AM   #822
Rookie

ChiefKeef300's Arena

your really the GOAT of madden sliders... I really appreciate the hard work you put into figuring out this game.
Old 08-24-2018, 12:33 AM   #823
Pro

BlackLightning3's Arena

OVR: 2

Streaming Version 12 in week 1 of my online CFM. http://www.youtube.com/slickescobar
Old 08-24-2018, 01:11 AM   #824
MVP

MvPeterson2828's Arena

Matt10's Madden 19 Sliders

First game on V12 AP and wow...

Raiders Vs Dolphins match up again ( didn’t save for some reason) 23-20 OT Loss.

Man this game was fun! Much improved coverage and pressure. I really enjoyed it. I am definitely going to test more but continue my CFM with Miami. These sliders are so close to being final for me. No robo QB. Carr completed 66% his passes. Saw some overthrows which was nice. Felt good.

Anyways; only downfall of this game was again, run game. HBs I’m both side only averaged 2.5 a carry. Wasn’t much running room, plays were blown up before backs go to the line of scrimmage, etc. it’s improved slightly but not enough yet off of one game so we’ll see.

I sacked Carr 5 times. With Hayes and Wake I can see them causing Havoc and constant pressure. I did have a good safety blitz for a sack a coverage sack, read PA and got a sack. There was only one play that was just a silly QB AI running side ways and took a sack. But one out of 5 sacks I’m okay with it. Only time I’ve seen it in awhile anyways.

I’ll keep testing and let you know. Next game is against good old Tom Brady and the Pats. I’ll play 3 games on Ap and try to play 3 on AM in another CFM.

One more thing; RBs seem more direct now which was very nice to see! I saw more deflections and breakups which was awesome!! Saw some cool stuff. Nothing felt cheap. Pretty much play sim, get sim results. Could’ve won the game but I threw a pick in redzone.

So far, liking the improvements! Great work Matt.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

Last edited by MvPeterson2828; 08-24-2018 at 01:21 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »