Home

Matt10's Madden 19 Sliders

This is a discussion on Matt10's Madden 19 Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-26-2018, 02:03 AM   #921
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Matt10's Madden 19 Sliders

Definitely a different game... 40-20 W vs Miami. Felt like a combo of scheme, personnel, user & cpu performance. Each of those contributed to the discrepancies.

Tannenhill: 28-43, 321 YDS, 2 TD, 1 INT, 2 SACK
MIA RB’s: 27 ATT, 53 YDS, 1 broken tackle

Darnold: 21-28, 187 YDS, 2 TD, 0 INT, 4 SACK, 2 Fumbles lost
NYJ RB’s: 31 ATT, 273 YDS, 2 TD, 11 broken tackle, 1 80 yard TD run.

The passing game was pretty good overall. Tannenhill started out with a couple terrible throws but also had some gems. I was in a zone coverage that matched up poorly with the O alignment, user’d my slot CB to try and compensate, totally blew coverage & Tannenhill dropped a 35 yard dime to the slot WR on a wheel route for a 57 yard TD. Throughout the game his play was pretty realistic, as was my pass coverage. I probably played a great game for me in all facets last game while a bit below average this game. At least Tannenhill made me pay and had a few realistic overthrows on plays where I was beat & on my toes for second waiting to see what would happen. Looking back I’m more miffed about Stafford’s play last game, it was strange.

Their pass D was much better, they set a tone with 3 1st Q sacks and 2 fumble recoveries. Middle of the field wasn’t nearly as open as last game. Still felt a little loose at times but damn, i did throw for 187. Zone and man coverage dramatically improved (partially personnel related, I didn’t look at replays but if lower fatigue = jogging this could explain some things... Idk if it’s relevant but Darnold tore it up 1st half game 1 w/ 300 YDS + 5 TD’s). Having said that there were 2 throws I made that stood out to me across the middle to my TE 10-15 yards downfield whose routes I would never have tried to hit 2 weeks ago. Guess that’s a good thing for balance but it felt noteworthy. I had about 50 yards passing in the 2nd half, much less separation and resulting YAC.

The issue this game was back to the run. Despite the Jets Oline and 50 RBK there were a ton of gaping holes where my guys were untouched 8 yards past the line of scrimmage. Not too different from game 1. I got confused for a while when seeing people report average rushing stats. My guess is they are pressing turbo too early causing blockers to release downfield. When R2 is pressed at the right time the run is consistently wide open. For my taste, and as people progress with the game I think they’ll want a bit more of a challenge here. I am going to try AM as well as some more AP in the next couple days & see how it works out with gang green.

Fun game that gives me a little hope in AP. Chose the Jets to make it more interesting. If Miami can stay within 2 TD’s on the road heading into the 4th I’d expect New England to give me a real test, especially if I tweak the run more.

Thank you for the continued grinding!!

Last edited by Woofs; 08-26-2018 at 02:07 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2018, 04:41 AM   #922
MVP

OVR: 6

Matt, I was surfing the OPs for slider set discoveries and seen you used 13 on Injuries and gave me a shoutout. For a second i forgot i had it at 13. 13’s too low for me now since the patch. I think the hit stick patch helped reduce injuries. Also turning of preexisting injuries helps with this a lot too.

Test this out, MM 50 INJURY, MM 0 fatigue

CFM 24 fatigue. May not work the same because I’m using 66 fatigue, but with this setup, im seeing more nicks and scrapes type injuries where players return on the next drive or sometime later in the game. Never really seen this before. I do cpu vs cpu, so it’s hard to tell how many guys come back in, but ive seen dlineman and running backs and qbs and wrs go out and come back in. Dont know the types of injuries because in cpu mode, i only see the new banner below the scoreboard, i don’t see the injury pick em screen where i choose to keep them in the game, so i don’t know the injury types. Really liking seeing players miss a series. Can’t remember your fatigue, but you may want to give this a shot. The 50 INJ in main menu really drives this i think. Didn’t see this at 24 cfm, until i changed main menu to 50.

The file is called xboxassantesgreatestever.

Teams finished:
Bears, bills, browns, KC, Dall, Miami, Philly, ATL, SF, NYG, Jags, GB, NE, OAK, Rams, Ravens, WASH, NO, PITT, broncos, Texans, panthers, vikings, colts
Old 08-26-2018, 04:50 AM   #923
Rookie

PhillyFan22's Arena

OVR: 0

So my second game of the season forced me to go to All-Madden because I beat the Bucs 50-10. Physics felt great but I just was able to do anything I wanted on offense.

However, on All-Madden for my 3rd game I faced not just the Robo QB but the terminator Robo QB. Andrew Luck went 30/34 with over 360 yards and played ridiculous in a terrible way. It was impossible to cover the TE, there was even times I sat on the route I knew was coming and still either the throw made it there or my defender didn't even react to the pass coming. On the few times I was able to cover the WRs they just finished their routes and stood there with Luck standing like a statue and then throwing away. At some points he would throw immediately upon receiving the snap with the WRs even not expecting the pass and doing that jump animation even on like 3 yard throws.

The robo QB just ruined an otherwise absolutely great close game. I felt realistically challenged on offense & the CPU running game was consistent.
Old 08-26-2018, 08:35 AM   #924
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommycoa
Matt, I was surfing the OPs for slider set discoveries and seen you used 13 on Injuries and gave me a shoutout. For a second i forgot i had it at 13. 13’s too low for me now since the patch. I think the hit stick patch helped reduce injuries. Also turning of preexisting injuries helps with this a lot too.

Test this out, MM 50 INJURY, MM 0 fatigue

CFM 24 fatigue. May not work the same because I’m using 66 fatigue, but with this setup, im seeing more nicks and scrapes type injuries where players return on the next drive or sometime later in the game. Never really seen this before. I do cpu vs cpu, so it’s hard to tell how many guys come back in, but ive seen dlineman and running backs and qbs and wrs go out and come back in. Dont know the types of injuries because in cpu mode, i only see the new banner below the scoreboard, i don’t see the injury pick em screen where i choose to keep them in the game, so i don’t know the injury types. Really liking seeing players miss a series. Can’t remember your fatigue, but you may want to give this a shot. The 50 INJ in main menu really drives this i think. Didn’t see this at 24 cfm, until i changed main menu to 50.
Hm, okay. I haven't had any issues with the injuries as is though. Seeing plenty of variety still.

When the bridge needs to be crossed, I'll cross it, but for now, the value of 13 seems to be doing what it needs to do. Admittedly though, I am not 100% focused in that department just yet as it's all about getting the gameplay ironed out in full.
Old 08-26-2018, 08:38 AM   #925
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyFan22
So my second game of the season forced me to go to All-Madden because I beat the Bucs 50-10. Physics felt great but I just was able to do anything I wanted on offense.

However, on All-Madden for my 3rd game I faced not just the Robo QB but the terminator Robo QB. Andrew Luck went 30/34 with over 360 yards and played ridiculous in a terrible way. It was impossible to cover the TE, there was even times I sat on the route I knew was coming and still either the throw made it there or my defender didn't even react to the pass coming. On the few times I was able to cover the WRs they just finished their routes and stood there with Luck standing like a statue and then throwing away. At some points he would throw immediately upon receiving the snap with the WRs even not expecting the pass and doing that jump animation even on like 3 yard throws.

The robo QB just ruined an otherwise absolutely great close game. I felt realistically challenged on offense & the CPU running game was consistent.
Try another game, if you can, at 49 fatigue. I'm seeing issues on 50 because it is tiring out players during the play, thus bringing in some strange bugs such as jogging on returns and allowing to be chased down - primarily coming from the CPU side. I think with 49 fatigue, that should keep guys at the potential of top speed and awareness still.

Also, a bit of preview to Version 13, WRC is going to go from 48 to 46. Starting to see more two-handed catches, yet still fighting to get to the ball.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2018, 08:42 AM   #926
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woofs
Definitely a different game... 40-20 W vs Miami. Felt like a combo of scheme, personnel, user & cpu performance. Each of those contributed to the discrepancies.

Tannenhill: 28-43, 321 YDS, 2 TD, 1 INT, 2 SACK
MIA RB’s: 27 ATT, 53 YDS, 1 broken tackle

Darnold: 21-28, 187 YDS, 2 TD, 0 INT, 4 SACK, 2 Fumbles lost
NYJ RB’s: 31 ATT, 273 YDS, 2 TD, 11 broken tackle, 1 80 yard TD run.

The passing game was pretty good overall. Tannenhill started out with a couple terrible throws but also had some gems. I was in a zone coverage that matched up poorly with the O alignment, user’d my slot CB to try and compensate, totally blew coverage & Tannenhill dropped a 35 yard dime to the slot WR on a wheel route for a 57 yard TD. Throughout the game his play was pretty realistic, as was my pass coverage. I probably played a great game for me in all facets last game while a bit below average this game. At least Tannenhill made me pay and had a few realistic overthrows on plays where I was beat & on my toes for second waiting to see what would happen. Looking back I’m more miffed about Stafford’s play last game, it was strange.

Their pass D was much better, they set a tone with 3 1st Q sacks and 2 fumble recoveries. Middle of the field wasn’t nearly as open as last game. Still felt a little loose at times but damn, i did throw for 187. Zone and man coverage dramatically improved (partially personnel related, I didn’t look at replays but if lower fatigue = jogging this could explain some things... Idk if it’s relevant but Darnold tore it up 1st half game 1 w/ 300 YDS + 5 TD’s). Having said that there were 2 throws I made that stood out to me across the middle to my TE 10-15 yards downfield whose routes I would never have tried to hit 2 weeks ago. Guess that’s a good thing for balance but it felt noteworthy. I had about 50 yards passing in the 2nd half, much less separation and resulting YAC.

The issue this game was back to the run. Despite the Jets Oline and 50 RBK there were a ton of gaping holes where my guys were untouched 8 yards past the line of scrimmage. Not too different from game 1. I got confused for a while when seeing people report average rushing stats. My guess is they are pressing turbo too early causing blockers to release downfield. When R2 is pressed at the right time the run is consistently wide open. For my taste, and as people progress with the game I think they’ll want a bit more of a challenge here. I am going to try AM as well as some more AP in the next couple days & see how it works out with gang green.

Fun game that gives me a little hope in AP. Chose the Jets to make it more interesting. If Miami can stay within 2 TD’s on the road heading into the 4th I’d expect New England to give me a real test, especially if I tweak the run more.

Thank you for the continued grinding!!
I tested a lot of TAK values yesterday and early this (super early) morning, and a good way to improve the run difficulty is to simply bump it up. It helps the pursuit angles a bit to fill those gaps, and the DL will not stay in a blocking animation, but rather stretch out an arm or dive as the RB passes, etc.

My suggestion would be try TAK at 50 or 55 and see which is a good balance.

I am still working on the physics aspect of things, in particular tackling, to get more wrap up and less big hits.
Old 08-26-2018, 10:23 AM   #927
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10
Try another game, if you can, at 49 fatigue. I'm seeing issues on 50 because it is tiring out players during the play, thus bringing in some strange bugs such as jogging on returns and allowing to be chased down - primarily coming from the CPU side. I think with 49 fatigue, that should keep guys at the potential of top speed and awareness still.

Also, a bit of preview to Version 13, WRC is going to go from 48 to 46. Starting to see more two-handed catches, yet still fighting to get to the ball.
So far, I have played 3 CFM games on All-Madden using your sliders. The only issues I'm seeing, as stated above, CPU QB seems to complete everything and CPU receivers seem to never drop anything. Any advice? Any way to address these?
Old 08-26-2018, 10:31 AM   #928
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacocortez
So far, I have played 3 CFM games on All-Madden using your sliders. The only issues I'm seeing, as stated above, CPU QB seems to complete everything and CPU receivers seem to never drop anything. Any advice? Any way to address these?
Right, what I said above, 49 fatigue from 50, if you can try that, let me know. I know it's a subtle value, but it's quite effective.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »