Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2018, 11:18 PM   #962
Just started!

OVR: 0
Re: Matt10's Madden 19 Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10
Typing up Version 13 now, stay tuned.
Awesome! I’ve been lurking this forum for a week now, I just decided now to make an account to post feedback. Can’t wait.
Old 08-26-2018, 11:23 PM   #963
MVP

tc020791's Arena

OVR: 1

This set is so good. Animations are great and stats are following. Only thing I haven't seen is the CPU getting the run game going. It's a small sample size but I think their longest run is probably 10 yards in well over 50 carries from what I've played. Any thoughts?
Old 08-26-2018, 11:24 PM   #964
Just started!

The users in my league complain about fumbles at the end of drives where they don’t seem to make sense. (Not big hits or linebackers... more like cbs shoestring tackles)
Old 08-27-2018, 12:00 AM   #965
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

⏭ Slider Update Log

8/26/18 - Thanks again everyone for the feedback. Think I'm quite happy with this version, which supports Version 12 as a base. Enjoy!

Fatigue: from 50 to 49
• Really important to bump this down. Just saw too many irregular plays in open field where players could easily run, but chose to jog instead. Just a note, I used 48 as well and it opens the game up a bit too much. Too many compensations will be needed that way, so we're sticking with 49.

Offside: from 55 to 50
• Dropping this down a bit will help the run game a bit, because I am also bringing in more natural looking blocks in the trenches versus the way down the field blocks that noone can disengage from.

Roughing the Passer: from 5 to 0 (ZERO)
• Dropping this down to really allow the aggression of the DL come through. This should also help the push by the front four, relative to what OL/DL match up is there of course.

Intentional Grounding: from Off to On
• Better QB presence here because the coverage is quite tight. I want to give them some strength in the pocket because their QBA value is lessened.

QB Accuracy: from 50 to 40
• Going to accept that the values inputted above is going to make the CPU QB make more risk/reward plays versus just dumping passes off constantly. They will use them though, and that is fine for me. From a physics standpoint, I like how the ball moves through the air here compared to every pass being a bullet. This has also allowed better reactions to deflection animations.

WR Catching: from 48 to 45
• Big thing here is getting more two handed catches versus a one handed catch that turns into two hands. Seeing some really nice animations here as well, and yes there are some contextual drops which is nice to see.

Run Blocking: from 55/65 to 55/55
• CPU gets a drop here because I wanted to see a more organic blocking show up versus this suction blocking downfield just to get an extra 20 yards. Like I said, I am big on animations, and stats can be skewed, so this blend works quite nicely and the CPU RB reacts relative to the gaps to hit. This isn't college ball, so the space between OL/DL should not be as significant as puttin g a high RBL value would do.

Fumbles: from 50/50 to 55/55
• Bump up on fumbles here. Seems to help with the tackle animations as well. Also should help with the random QB fumbles, and random fumbles from non fumble producing hits, etc.

Tackling: from 45 to 42
• Just a notch down here to get a bit better physics in terms of gang tackling and less one-on-one perfect form WWE hits. It's a tough balance, and once they may have to be accepted as it's part of this year's title. I've seen some good tackle animations with this set up though, and not as many broken tackles as I initially thought.

Last edited by Matt10; 08-27-2018 at 12:02 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2018, 12:09 AM   #966
Kjp
Rookie

Really appreciate all your work on the sliders bro.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 08-27-2018, 12:41 AM   #967
MVP

Teleo's Arena

Matt - I play cpu vs cpu or rather I watch cpu vs cpu 😂 - but I’d like to know your thoughts on all pro vs all madden? I know this is a loaded questions with so many possible answers but I just would like to know or if anyone else can provide feedback as to which would provide a challenge that would replicate a possible real NFL game - if that truly is possible in Madden. 😳 Thanks for the grind on these sliders 👍🏻
Old 08-27-2018, 12:43 AM   #968
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10
⏭ Slider Update Log

8/26/18 - Thanks again everyone for the feedback. Think I'm quite happy with this version, which supports Version 12 as a base. Enjoy!

Fatigue: from 50 to 49
• Really important to bump this down. Just saw too many irregular plays in open field where players could easily run, but chose to jog instead. Just a note, I used 48 as well and it opens the game up a bit too much. Too many compensations will be needed that way, so we're sticking with 49.

Offside: from 55 to 50
• Dropping this down a bit will help the run game a bit, because I am also bringing in more natural looking blocks in the trenches versus the way down the field blocks that noone can disengage from.

Roughing the Passer: from 5 to 0 (ZERO)
• Dropping this down to really allow the aggression of the DL come through. This should also help the push by the front four, relative to what OL/DL match up is there of course.

Intentional Grounding: from Off to On
• Better QB presence here because the coverage is quite tight. I want to give them some strength in the pocket because their QBA value is lessened.

QB Accuracy: from 50 to 40
• Going to accept that the values inputted above is going to make the CPU QB make more risk/reward plays versus just dumping passes off constantly. They will use them though, and that is fine for me. From a physics standpoint, I like how the ball moves through the air here compared to every pass being a bullet. This has also allowed better reactions to deflection animations.

WR Catching: from 48 to 45
• Big thing here is getting more two handed catches versus a one handed catch that turns into two hands. Seeing some really nice animations here as well, and yes there are some contextual drops which is nice to see.

Run Blocking: from 55/65 to 55/55
• CPU gets a drop here because I wanted to see a more organic blocking show up versus this suction blocking downfield just to get an extra 20 yards. Like I said, I am big on animations, and stats can be skewed, so this blend works quite nicely and the CPU RB reacts relative to the gaps to hit. This isn't college ball, so the space between OL/DL should not be as significant as puttin g a high RBL value would do.

Fumbles: from 50/50 to 55/55
• Bump up on fumbles here. Seems to help with the tackle animations as well. Also should help with the random QB fumbles, and random fumbles from non fumble producing hits, etc.

Tackling: from 45 to 42
• Just a notch down here to get a bit better physics in terms of gang tackling and less one-on-one perfect form WWE hits. It's a tough balance, and once they may have to be accepted as it's part of this year's title. I've seen some good tackle animations with this set up though, and not as many broken tackles as I initially thought.
The single values above, are they only for CPU or both?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »