Old 08-27-2018, 09:24 AM   #977
MVP

Hunkerdown's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Matt10's Madden 19 Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10
Slider Update Log

8/26/18 - Thanks again everyone for the feedback. Think I'm quite happy with this version, which supports Version 12 as a base. Enjoy!

Fatigue: from 50 to 49
• Really important to bump this down. Just saw too many irregular plays in open field where players could easily run, but chose to jog instead. Just a note, I used 48 as well and it opens the game up a bit too much. Too many compensations will be needed that way, so we're sticking with 49.

Offside: from 55 to 50
• Dropping this down a bit will help the run game a bit, because I am also bringing in more natural looking blocks in the trenches versus the way down the field blocks that noone can disengage from.

Roughing the Passer: from 5 to 0 (ZERO)
• Dropping this down to really allow the aggression of the DL come through. This should also help the push by the front four, relative to what OL/DL match up is there of course.

Intentional Grounding: from Off to On
• Better QB presence here because the coverage is quite tight. I want to give them some strength in the pocket because their QBA value is lessened.

QB Accuracy: from 50 to 40
• Going to accept that the values inputted above is going to make the CPU QB make more risk/reward plays versus just dumping passes off constantly. They will use them though, and that is fine for me. From a physics standpoint, I like how the ball moves through the air here compared to every pass being a bullet. This has also allowed better reactions to deflection animations.

WR Catching: from 48 to 45
• Big thing here is getting more two handed catches versus a one handed catch that turns into two hands. Seeing some really nice animations here as well, and yes there are some contextual drops which is nice to see.

Run Blocking: from 55/65 to 55/55
• CPU gets a drop here because I wanted to see a more organic blocking show up versus this suction blocking downfield just to get an extra 20 yards. Like I said, I am big on animations, and stats can be skewed, so this blend works quite nicely and the CPU RB reacts relative to the gaps to hit. This isn't college ball, so the space between OL/DL should not be as significant as puttin g a high RBL value would do.

Fumbles: from 50/50 to 55/55
• Bump up on fumbles here. Seems to help with the tackle animations as well. Also should help with the random QB fumbles, and random fumbles from non fumble producing hits, etc.

Tackling: from 45 to 42
• Just a notch down here to get a bit better physics in terms of gang tackling and less one-on-one perfect form WWE hits. It's a tough balance, and once they may have to be accepted as it's part of this year's title. I've seen some good tackle animations with this set up though, and not as many broken tackles as I initially thought.
Been waiting on version 13 for AP, will try out tonight. I really think the lower tackle slider is only way to get cpu run game going, actual run block slider does not work well.

PSN: GRINGOyGUAVA
YouTube: Hunkerdown/GRINGOyGUAVA

Madden 19 - Coach Armstrong Franchise - year 1
The Show 18 - The Braves Reborn Franchise - year 1
FIFA or PES 19 - coming soon

Last edited by Hunkerdown; 08-27-2018 at 10:06 AM.
Old 08-27-2018, 09:32 AM   #978
Rookie

noahcal11's Arena

OVR: 0

Holy crap that was awful. Played the rams as the cards on all madden V13 and got spanked 49-17. It was my worst nightmare. Robo QB to the MAX (Goff 19-22 for 356 and 6 TD), no user run blocking at all, coverage was bad, pressure was bad, everything was bad. I couldn't do anything on offense or defense. Every time I move down to AP I get an easy win so I hate to try that again but I might need it. Right now AP is too easy and AM I only have a chance against the worst teams. Other than that robo QB grinds me up and when I face a good team like the rams it feels like a college blowout. I don't know what to do anymore.
Old 08-27-2018, 09:47 AM   #979
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunkerdown
Been waiting on version 13 for AP, will try out tonight. I really think the look lower tackle slider is only way to get cpu run game going, actual run block slider does not work well.

Just one of those things unfortunately. I tried a couple different values, and combinations, the best is with a lower tackle, but it brings in some issues with the occasional warping since it's not in tune with the threshold.

That is the issue overall with a lower threshold + lower values. I'm always hesitant with it, but so far it's a good base to go from. I think there is still room for improvement though and will most likely at looking to making them.

Also, I'm working on the side to come up with a set in which the game can be played with penalties at default. It's in the works for a bit now because penalties really make a difference in gameplay, so trying my best to work with what I've got. I want a bit more "plug n play" for users as I feel having to put in everything "exact" brings in way too many variables, and can skew feedback.
Old 08-27-2018, 10:23 AM   #980
MVP

milldaddy35's Arena

CPU pass rush seems nonexistent now...anyone else noticing this?

Otherwise i like it.

College Football - Iowa Hawkeyes
College Basketball - Iowa Hawkeyes

MLB - Minnesota Twins
NBA - Oklahoma City Thunder
NFL - New York Jets
NHL - Minnesota Wild
Old 08-27-2018, 11:19 AM   #981
MVP

Rmiok222's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by milldaddy35

Otherwise i like it.

I was sacked 5 times my last game on all madden

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2018, 12:16 PM   #982
MVP

Hunkerdown's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by milldaddy35

Otherwise i like it.
Have not seen this, what team and level you playing with?

Old 08-27-2018, 12:58 PM   #983
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

I need to look into the pass rush, it's too good right now. Just had a game on All-Pro as Vikings against 49ers.

17 SACKS.

12 for me
5 for CPU

That is....excessive.

QB is sprinting backwards to avoid the pass rush, and not throwing the ball away. Getting caught in 4 verts as well.

So, coverage is too tight, imagine that and with QBA low they don't feel confident enough to make some throws.

All-Madden is a bit different though. QB feels confident regardless, but their sharpness is higher as well, so they find the pass immediately.

Safe to say, Version 13 is going to need some TLC. I'm headed back to work, but will be off in about 3 hours to get back at it.

Sorry, guys. Think it's close, but needs attention to the QB and pressure area.

Just an FYI, when you put pressure as the focus, the QBs get smarter, so I know we want this strong pressure from the front four - but it's going to come at a price at times with a quarterback trying to make a play.
Old 08-27-2018, 01:20 PM   #984
MVP

MvPeterson2828's Arena

Matt10's Madden 19 Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10
I need to look into the pass rush, it's too good right now. Just had a game on All-Pro as Vikings against 49ers.

17 SACKS.

12 for me

5 for CPU

That is....excessive.

QB is sprinting backwards to avoid the pass rush, and not throwing the ball away. Getting caught in 4 verts as well.

So, coverage is too tight, imagine that and with QBA low they don't feel confident enough to make some throws.

All-Madden is a bit different though. QB feels confident regardless, but their sharpness is higher as well, so they find the pass immediately.

Safe to say, Version 13 is going to need some TLC. I'm headed back to work, but will be off in about 3 hours to get back at it.

Sorry, guys. Think it's close, but needs attention to the QB and pressure area.

Just an FYI, when you put pressure as the focus, the QBs get smarter, so I know we want this strong pressure from the front four - but it's going to come at a price at times with a quarterback trying to make a play.

I noticed this right away last night on AP. QBs were running backwards, side ways, etc. it was a ugly mess. I was using the Bills and had 4 sacks almost in a quarter. But I noticed right away coverage was too tight. Flacco threw two pick sixes. Looked like he was trying whatever he could to find someone open and forcing it.

On all madden, I didn’t notice this issue at all. But on AM the CPU is way sharper and smarter on AN though.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »