KICKINGFGXPPTSLONG
D. Bailey3/30/0931
PUNTINGNOYDSAVGIN20
C. Jones148481
KICK RETURNRETYDSAVGTD
T. Austin126260
PUNT RETURNRETYDSAVGTD
T. Austin113130

Here's my All-Madden game log, with all V3 settings.

HUM
-CPU played a very conservative D and really didn't give up much big air plays, alot of underneath and short plays led to Ertz big game.
-Running game wasn't terrible just really never got Ajayi going. Sproles though was effective running out of the shotgun against their D.

CPU
-Took what I gave them in passing game until last drive. Had them backed up inside their own 5 on 4th down and brought a heavy blitz. Dak went to his one on one matchup on the outside and completed it and i user'd and got PI called against me. This was the best play so far in Madden the CPU got me on because I just got beat. Absolutely have to find a way for the CPU QB to be more aggressive with throws because I think that is the problem with redzone scoring.
-Running game was very effective to the point where they should have ran the ball more. They really got me on the Dak TD run by using the read option but that was the only time they ran it. Tackling may be a little high still, alot of times Zeke was brought down by my weaker defenders with no assist when he would most likely have broken free.

Was a great game to play and a lot of fun throughout. Just want to get a more realistic challenge and the CPU really test me on defense. Hard to gauge though in play now when the Eagles are highly ranked vs other teams.
Old 08-10-2018, 07:19 AM   #98
MVP

Hunkerdown's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Matt10's Madden 19 Sliders

Just so everyone knows, our testing solely in CFM games, none in play now.

PSN: GRINGOyGUAVA
YouTube: GRINGOyGUAVA
twitch: HUNKERDOWN

Last edited by Hunkerdown; 08-10-2018 at 09:08 AM.
Old 08-10-2018, 08:47 AM   #99
Rookie

rowanl's Arena

OVR: 0

i can't wait to try these out tonight! Thanks everyone for all their hard work!
Old 08-10-2018, 09:09 AM   #100
MVP

Hunkerdown's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10
Slider Update Log

8/9/18: Version 3 - Improving upon Version 2, and biting the bullet, or rather, giving into the obvious values. Too much to test and not as much time as I used to have. Want to get these sorted asap and get the franchises started just as fast. Here are the changes.

Pass Blocking: from 48/50 to 48/49
Dropping the CPU's pass blocking just a tad to allow the user to get more natural pressure on them. As it stands, the only sacks occur when it's a blowup in the backfield (PA), or the CPU QB self causes the infliction by running around into the defenders. Lowering it should make them more decisive, but need to pay attention to the play-actions.

Run Blocking: from 51/52 to 58/65
Raised this one up significantly. Enough is enough in trying to test other slider values to modify the obvious. Been all over different slider values to get this, from threshold, game speed, game type (simulation, competitive, etc) and no such luck. CPU gets a big bump here for obvious reasons, and the user gets slight bump down because we're more direct than the CPU's choice of too many cuts/jukes/etc.

Fumbles: from 50/50 to 52/53
Bumping this up just a bit to get more direct running by the CPU. More purposeful yards gained and extending plays. CPU doesn't seem to cover up as much, so they get a slight bump compared to the user. Fumbles still occur.

Pass Defense Reaction Time: from 0/0 to 42/42
Yeah, this was a bunk and hopeful theory. Hoping the run game would be a run defense reaction, but it was not. Now, why 42 here? 50 seemed to have cause some issues with start/stopping by the defenders, but at times the defense was way too tight, causing a lot of interceptions, etc. Lowering it under 50 has allowed a nice balance of

Tackling: from 50/50 to 40/40
Just biting the bullet and accepting this value needs to go down. Yes more "on your back" tackles, but at least they aren't as super hard and solid. Those still occur, especially when the OL pushes defenders into the running back's path.
Matt you guys made additional tweaks after I got off?

Old 08-10-2018, 09:12 AM   #101
Rookie

runsondunkin's Arena

Probably need to play a few more games but from V2 to V3 I am seeing the running game open up for both teams. That is good but then on the passing side for some reason I wasnt able to stop them at all. Man coverage was useless and the cpu was unable to cover as well. Going to try some other teams in cfm to see how it trends outs. Thanks for the sliders.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2018, 09:16 AM   #102
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunkerdown
Matt you guys made additional tweaks after I got off?

I didn't get a chance to test the PCV, but I was able to hone in on the fumbles value. Try out that 52/53. Let me know if you stream!

Quote:
Originally Posted by runsondunkin
Probably need to play a few more games but from V2 to V3 I am seeing the running game open up for both teams. That is good but then on the passing side for some reason I wasnt able to stop them at all. Man coverage was useless and the cpu was unable to cover as well. Going to try some other teams in cfm to see how it trends outs. Thanks for the sliders.
Yeah, it's pretty close. As I told UGA and MVP, I'm not going to spend hours upon hours on trying to think too far outside the box here. I think with having an endpoint in mind is going to be important, but I'm also not going to just force it and call it closed if it isn't.

Passing is one of those values still looking at. The good news is the CPU is completing drives, the bad news is it's not 100% where it should be. There is still a lot of stop/start on the routes by the DBs, so that will be explored today. Going to be pretty strict, like I was all day yesterday, in staying with the current version as the base (V3) and adjusting accordingly.

Definitely try another team, let us know how it goes. Thanks!
Old 08-10-2018, 12:23 PM   #103
MVP

MvPeterson2828's Arena

Matt10's Madden 19 Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10
I didn't get a chance to test the PCV, but I was able to hone in on the fumbles value. Try out that 52/53. Let me know if you stream!

Yeah, it's pretty close. As I told UGA and MVP, I'm not going to spend hours upon hours on trying to think too far outside the box here. I think with having an endpoint in mind is going to be important, but I'm also not going to just force it and call it closed if it isn't.

Passing is one of those values still looking at. The good news is the CPU is completing drives, the bad news is it's not 100% where it should be. There is still a lot of stop/start on the routes by the DBs, so that will be explored today. Going to be pretty strict, like I was all day yesterday, in staying with the current version as the base (V3) and adjusting accordingly.

Definitely try another team, let us know how it goes. Thanks!

Yeah this year game is too good to not be played. The passing gaming is open still. My reasoning is the DBs are stopping in the routes, which is causing that feel of an open passing game. If they werent stopping, itll be fine and youll see that man coverage, etc isnt useless. Im going to be streaming in about 25 minutes or so. AP. Im going to try my hardest to figure out how to fix this DBs just stopping during routes. After we iron that out, I think the next step is looking into pass coverage. All-Madden had the same issue last night as I told Matt. DBs were just stopping out of nowhere. I have a few ideas I want to try... Ill let you know when I go live if anyone wants to join with me. (:
Old 08-10-2018, 12:31 PM   #104
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

I have an update coming in about 10 minutes. Not outside of the box per se.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »