Old 08-28-2018, 10:04 AM   #1033
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: Matt10's Madden 19 Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushido
Game 2 versus Tennessee

Already have 4 sacks in the 1st quarter, and I don't control the DL, only Telvin Smith Sr.

Think I'm going to bump up CPU pass block to 35-40, and see what that does.
I'd recommend 15-20 to start, then scale up. Also keep an eye out for the OL/DL rating comparison. The strength attribute plays a key role here.
Old 08-28-2018, 10:11 AM   #1034
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10
I run with the official rosters. Sorry didn't specify.
All good man, I am glad you do. I don't mind using custom ones, been running a version of iMac's. The problem is, it is hard to keep up with it every time there is an update. I just want to keep it simple and run the normal ones without having to remember to make edits every time. Nothing against it, I just constantly forget. Plus, I think slider sets work better based on the roster they were designed with (i.e. your with official, Armor's with iMac's, etc.)
Old 08-28-2018, 10:29 AM   #1035
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by halfbroke
All good man, I am glad you do. I don't mind using custom ones, been running a version of iMac's. The problem is, it is hard to keep up with it every time there is an update. I just want to keep it simple and run the normal ones without having to remember to make edits every time. Nothing against it, I just constantly forget. Plus, I think slider sets work better based on the roster they were designed with (i.e. your with official, Armor's with iMac's, etc.)
I can understand that. It's all about personal preference. I remember editing players in Madden 05/06 on the PC. Completely re-rated the players, but of course back then we were lucky to have global editors . I definitely commend the efforts the guys are putting in to make this game kick into high gear. Maintenance is always a thing though, which is exactly why I wanted to create this, hopefully, last set, to bring in a more plug n play set up. Keeping it simple!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2018, 10:55 AM   #1036
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunkerdown
I rewatched my game, 2 rook QBs, so turnovers looked good in game.

So only things I would tweak is CPU pass block, and potentially USER QB, but maybe just Jackson sucks that much at passing.

I'll repeat, this was best run game on AP to date, kudos Matt!

I use Defense CAM for extra challenge, but maybe I should not if makes difference?

PSN: GRINGOyGUAVA
YouTube: Hunkerdown/GRINGOyGUAVA

Madden 19 - Coach Armstrong Franchise - year 1
The Show 18 - The Braves Reborn Franchise - year 1
FIFA or PES 19 - coming soon
Give it another game, brother. I know it was tough, but you were also put in a position to make some tough mid-range to deep throws. Not sure what Jackson's attributes are there.

What I loved about the stream was to see the physics I've been striving to get, actually show through. The way the players were tackled, and fell down forward, was perfect. Loved to see McCoy run on you as well, he dances a bit, but it wasn't excessive and he was fairly direct.

Love the Defensive cam view as well - looks great seeing the animations up close!

Last edited by Matt10; 08-28-2018 at 10:55 AM. Reason: grammarz
Old 08-28-2018, 11:42 AM   #1037
Pro

chunt04's Arena

OVR: 4
Matt10's Madden 19 Sliders

Just played a really nice game with the newest version.

49ers - Me
Panthers - CPU

Score: 49ers - 32 Panthers - 17

Jimmy G - 312 yds, 2TD, 0 Int, 67%
Newton - 238 yds, 1 TD, 2 Int, 66%

McKinnon - 15 car, roughly 50 yds, 3.2 avg
McCaffrey - 16 car, roughly 50 yds, 3.2 avg

Funchess - 7 rec, 124yds, 1 TD
Goodwin - 4 rec, 83 yds, 1 TD

49ers - 4 sacks
Panthers - 6 sacks

All in all, everything felt incredibly solid. I am using the Chubbydub roster with IMacís trait edits. The only change I made from OP was boosting CPU Rbk to 80 and Hum Rbk to 52 for more of a threat on the ground.

It was a defensive game throughout, both teams had trouble moving the DTs in the run game. That Panthers front 7 is no joke. Kuechly is a monster in pass coverage as well. I usually look for mismatches on linebackers, but their backers are very smart and solid in coverage. I saw some incredible pass break ups that looked very real, including an awesome inside leverage, bump and trail technique from Sherman. The Panthers tried to beat him deep with Funchess. He bumped, kept inside, and ran on the hip of wr. As the ball came in, despite Funchess having a step, Sherman was able to reach an arm up and deflect the pass. I must have watched that replay about 10 times lol.

Matt, these feel like the go to set. The only thing I may want is to open up the run game just a tad more. We all know the cpu has to have success running in order to stick with it and not get pass happy. The passing game felt spot on. I played QB from 7 years old through high school and passing has always come easy for me in video games, but I feel this is a great balance. You have to throw with anticipation on routes to be successful and this set shines in that area. Good fights between DB/WR too. Nicely done.

Which penalties did you manipulate for the run game previously? I donít want to raise run block above 80, if the cpu run game needs to be improved.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

VT Grad '08

Last edited by chunt04; 08-28-2018 at 11:52 AM.
Old 08-28-2018, 11:59 AM   #1038
MVP

Hunkerdown's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10
Give it another game, brother. I know it was tough, but you were also put in a position to make some tough mid-range to deep throws. Not sure what Jackson's attributes are there.

What I loved about the stream was to see the physics I've been striving to get, actually show through. The way the players were tackled, and fell down forward, was perfect. Loved to see McCoy run on you as well, he dances a bit, but it wasn't excessive and he was fairly direct.

Love the Defensive cam view as well - looks great seeing the animations up close!
Yep you are probably right, what about the 12 sacks in game. Do not think needs slight tweak? Run game was amazing entire game. Even that pressure scramble I forced on Allen and he scrambled for a TD. I only saw one bad run by McCoy early on where he juked and ran backwards no reason. All the other is legit and looked great. Besides my QB struggles. Game was fun. Hope others watch here. Same as usual I'll post all my career games here. Your talking a 13-13 game late in 4th qrt. I have chance to go ahead with great drive. Freaking forgot to slide with Jackson and he gets knocked out of rest of drive with hammy. RG3 comes in and throws pick in endzone. Then Allen hits Benjamin on nice pass and breaks free down sideline and gets inside my 5 with a fumble (or was it?) That gets reversed. Than Allen hits target in endzone to go up 20-13. I get ball with chance to tie, only to throw another pick, they kick garbage time FG, 23-13 final. Stats looked great besides Jacksons 39%, 6 sacks per side( but both lines suck), and 7 turnovers in game, mostly by both rookie QBs. Contested catches are only thing I think that needs to be looked at, maybe a bump in wr catch for user?

Last edited by Hunkerdown; 08-28-2018 at 12:12 PM.
Old 08-28-2018, 12:10 PM   #1039
MVP

Hunkerdown's Arena

OVR: 16

I do not think it really matters like some. But I left main menu default, and all Matt's settings I made inside CFM.

Old 08-28-2018, 12:22 PM   #1040
Rookie

stevensa08's Arena

OVR: 3

Using version 12 and I must say, these sliders are pretty darn good! I have skipped Madden the last 2 years because of the glitches, but had to try this year's game. I'm using the Browns for my franchise and so far I'm 1-2. Lost to the Steelers by 3 touchdowns, beat the Saints by a touchdown and just got beat by the Jets by 10. I was a little concerned about the CPU running game, due to holding Bell to 85 yards on 23 carries and Kamara to 56 yards on 16 carries. But after Crowell punished me for 130 yards on 21 carries, I feel ok now. Everything else has been pretty solid stat wise. My passing isn't the best. Between Taylor and Mayfield, I have 5 picks so far. (Taylor 4, Mayfield 1) But all those were my fault, trying to thread the needle. I may tweak as needed, but overall, pretty good base set. Really been enjoying the game. Thanks for your hard work!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »