Home

Old 09-03-2018, 01:45 PM   #1121
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Matt10's Madden 19 Sliders

Hey Matt. Been following and using your sliders this year and have enjoyed them on All Pro. I've tried a few games on Arcade and while as they stand the sliders are a little too easy, the game play overall has been considerably better IMO. I would suggest that you give it a shot on Arcade and see what you think. I'm playing on Arcade, not just setting it up on Arcade then switching to Sim as some others have done. They will need some tweaks (tackling up, CPU run block up, etc) Going to try Arcade with your sliders on All Madden and see how it goes.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-03-2018, 03:22 PM   #1122
Rookie

OVR: 0

Matt, I was hoping you could help me out with some slider values.

I’m using your set, on all madden, exactly as posted. Unfortunately, I was seeing FAR to many dropped picks by DB’s so I raised the value to 41. After doing this, it was like the game switched back to roboQB. Before the QB play was good, my db’s just never made picks. Now, at INT value 41 the CPU QB is getting rid of the ball almost right after the snap. Currently, at INT 41, the CPU QB is averaging around 80% passing and 1 sacks allowed a game. Due to quick release. I’m trying to find a balance because defense is important to me in this game and I would like realistic QB play, but included turnovers. Tired of being last in turnovers each year while also dropping 12-15 picks a season. AKA only getting around 3 picks a year.

*edit* to be clear, these aren’t 50/50 balls the my db’s are dropping. These are cb breaking on ball drops.

Last edited by breetel03; 09-03-2018 at 03:26 PM.
Old 09-03-2018, 09:00 PM   #1123
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by breetel03
Matt, I was hoping you could help me out with some slider values.

Iím using your set, on all madden, exactly as posted. Unfortunately, I was seeing FAR to many dropped picks by DBís so I raised the value to 41. After doing this, it was like the game switched back to roboQB. Before the QB play was good, my dbís just never made picks. Now, at INT value 41 the CPU QB is getting rid of the ball almost right after the snap. Currently, at INT 41, the CPU QB is averaging around 80% passing and 1 sacks allowed a game. Due to quick release. Iím trying to find a balance because defense is important to me in this game and I would like realistic QB play, but included turnovers. Tired of being last in turnovers each year while also dropping 12-15 picks a season. AKA only getting around 3 picks a year.

*edit* to be clear, these arenít 50/50 balls the my dbís are dropping. These are cb breaking on ball drops.
So they are just having brick hand essentially?

You could try to lower QBA just slightly, like 48 or 49. The reason the CPU gets rid of the ball so quick is because the PBL is quite low, but if you raise PBL, they'll have too much time to pick you apart.

Try the lower QBA and see how it goes. It's more so the velocity of the passes that they can't really catch.
Old 09-03-2018, 09:18 PM   #1124
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagsfan24
So which slider will have my user defense play tighter coverage? Iím still having issues giving up too many yards, my guys are playing soft coverage even if I have them play underneath for the short throws.

Im also trying int slider at 41 being someone said to give that a try
Not sure, what do you mean by soft coverage? Are they allowing the receiver to get into their routes, or are they mirroring the routes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUCSRTJR
Matt - first off thank you for all the work you have done on these sliders. I just downloaded everything but curious what you use for Auto subs and xp sliders?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Operation Sports mobile app
I don't use any autosubs or XP, or at least I haven't gotten there just yet - if you have any recommendations, please let me know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by faucette56
Thereís a Xbox Matt10 set of sliders,are these yours?

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Not me, but maybe someone on XB1 community uploaded.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBetty15
First year in Madden using sliders and playing AM. Thanks for the hard work in these. Might take a look at Whiz set also. I really like the challenge and the way the CPU plays out with these. Some things I notice...

1. RBs do in fact play out nicely. Hereís the deal. Someone posted this stat line somewhere in this forum about stat % of blitzes. I usually, as a base..****n a 4-3 or nickel base cover 1 hole play. Based on what I see I might audible into a blitz out of that. Sometimes my LBs take the wheel and go rogue and blitz. Lol point being, I rarely blitz unless itís a ďblitzingĒ down. This allows RBs to mix it up. If I stacked the box every time, any run game is **** down. IE...Adrian Peterson vs a very mediocre Texas defense in the red river shootout in 2004 I believe it was. He had 20+ touches for less than 50 or 60 yards because we stacked the box. Score was stupid low for that game and my horns lost dang it. Point of this is...your play style will dictate RBs being productive. You blitz and play runs aggressive, no RB will be productive...the passing game SHOULD be eating you alive...but madden hasnít figured out how to make the AI smarter in calling these plays...although with these sliders they have. Got burned getting aggressive against bmore.

2. Slider values...is there really a noticeable difference between a value of 38 and say 40? On values such as these where itís such a obscure number, I round up to the nearest 5 value because in my mind, there just isnít a noticeable difference. Also, I remember when Ian used to pop in here daily and break down the logic of the game code for us, he used to say in the roster, values for things such as speed...the logic only really separates values every 5 digit values IE 90 and 95...there is absolutely no difference in a 92 and 94 speed. So I took that to heart and applied the same logic to slider values and it seems to hold true. Maybe itís just me? In any case I rounded all your values and game plays pretty dang good brand of football as the cowboys offense is about mediocre outside of Zeke, and thatís WITH Fredrick in the middle and a healthy Tyron Smith. WRs are terrible lol Safeties...yuck.

Overall man good slider set. Waiting for the roster update to get anything going brother. Waiting for a patch update like I do every year spoils the purchase so with your set I am gonna just dive right in. Have to say, with traits/ratings hurting the gameplay output (I have been screaming about EA formulas and them having redunandant ratings that butt heads with each other and produce idiotic results for years) Madden needs to keep the engine, graphics and all that...but seriously scrap the whole formula, ratings, and traits...start that mess from scratch and rewrite all of the formula and redo the rating schemes. They wonít, but good leadership would know when their product is lacking and inefficient for years and how to utilize their team in fixing and innovate their said product.
Thanks, man. I follow your logic as well. Slider values are more arbitrary than anything. Most of the time, a value that isn't within a 5 pt integer is usually because it's just where the value was last tested - and no seen issues at that time. Glad to hear your input about the QB being able to break you down. That's how I see it as well. Good quarterback under pressure is a good quarterback, and bad ones will stick out when pressured. I agree that EA need to work on their playcalling overall. Seen too many 4-verts to count, but thankfully the CPU is punished for trying that too often.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jah.volunteer
Hey Matt. Been following and using your sliders this year and have enjoyed them on All Pro. I've tried a few games on Arcade and while as they stand the sliders are a little too easy, the game play overall has been considerably better IMO. I would suggest that you give it a shot on Arcade and see what you think. I'm playing on Arcade, not just setting it up on Arcade then switching to Sim as some others have done. They will need some tweaks (tackling up, CPU run block up, etc) Going to try Arcade with your sliders on All Madden and see how it goes.
The last time I gave arcade a go was pre-patch and trying to get the CPU RB game going. IIRC, the big hits and big catches are fairly common, right? Let me know how AM goes.
Old 09-03-2018, 09:53 PM   #1125
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10
Not sure, what do you mean by soft coverage? Are they allowing the receiver to get into their routes, or are they mirroring the routes?
I think I know what he meant cause I have the same issue. Defensive coverage on pass plays can be very loose. This happens quite often in zone or man. I'm not sure what sliders affect this (pass coverage or reaction time) but I am curious to to know how to adjust to tighten coverage up a bit. I love these sliders as my base but I am very confused if defensive sliders are actually reversed. I tried to lab it to find out but didn't have time to run all the scenarios to form a conclusion.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-03-2018, 09:56 PM   #1126
Kjp
Rookie

Playing on AM. Any pointers to get the cpu QB to not have 90%-100% completion lol. I dont use any DL or blitzing players to try and cut back on to many sacks.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 09-03-2018, 11:59 PM   #1127
Pro

BlackLightning3's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kjp
Playing on AM. Any pointers to get the cpu QB to not have 90%-100% completion lol. I dont use any DL or blitzing players to try and cut back on to many sacks.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Operation Sports mobile app
Vary your defensive playcalling/coverages. Man vs zone. Cover 3 vs Cover 2, also what downs you call these coverages on. Spotlight the receiver they start throwing to most often. I've noticed that if the main guy the cpu throws to all the time is covered they start throwing more incomplete passes. May be due to pressure on the QB.
Old 09-04-2018, 11:29 AM   #1128
Rookie

TGraen23's Arena

OVR: 4

Just an FYI, I've been sharing your sliders on Xbox as frequently as I can. Version 14 is up there.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »