Home

Matt10's Madden 19 Sliders

This is a discussion on Matt10's Madden 19 Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)

Old 09-11-2018, 06:50 PM   #1225
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: Matt10's Madden 19 Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zmurkz
My issue is warping...especially in the run game vs the CPU. I struggled to get anything going and 3-4 times I would see a hole, go and run through it and have the defensive CPU player warp a visible gap and tackle me.

That being said, I can't tell if it's because of the patch or not...could be a placebo. I will try and do more games to see. This was a regular play now/exhibition game on all pro.
Post patch has seemingly decreased the threshold on its own. So where a zero was playing true to zero, it's now like a -5. The speed differences are significant. Not necessarily a bad thing, but it hurts the syncing of the game overall, relative to the sliders. Gradual adjustments + a couple significantly different ones. Should have these done tonight.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-11-2018, 07:01 PM   #1226
Rookie

OVR: 0

What are the XP sliders? Good work btw
Old 09-11-2018, 07:03 PM   #1227
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10
Post patch has seemingly decreased the threshold on its own. So where a zero was playing true to zero, it's now like a -5. The speed differences are significant. Not necessarily a bad thing, but it hurts the syncing of the game overall, relative to the sliders. Gradual adjustments + a couple significantly different ones. Should have these done tonight.
Looking forward to seeing what you find. Last night, everything felt totally different. Had been bouncing between your sliders and Fiddy's but the speed and stuff felt funny. Even had a couple of weird animations like me running a RB through the line, DL falling down, then suddenly back on his fet for the tackle...or hitting TE for a pass and the LB just standing in front of him like he is still waiting on the play to snap.

Last edited by halfbroke; 09-11-2018 at 07:03 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 09-11-2018, 07:05 PM   #1228
Rookie

cirespieler's Arena

I've been trying 0 threshold and quick receivers get a bit too open even with 100 reaction and 85 Coverage. I think your assessment that it's like -5 post patch seems about right. Gonna edge it up but been seeing some good animations with the tighter/higher pass sliders, pretty realistic. Correct me if I'm wrong but I think those sliders work correctly at default penalty but if penalties are changed they become inverted?

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 09-11-2018, 07:14 PM   #1229
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunkerdown
So this from AP default? Or Matt's OP?

PSN: GRINGOyGUAVA
YouTube: Hunkerdown/GRINGOyGUAVA

Madden 19 - Cardinals Owner
The Show 18 - The Braves Reborn Franchise
PES 19 - BAL "GRINGO"
ML - Nottingham Forest
Matt's OP originally
Old 09-11-2018, 07:48 PM   #1230
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by halfbroke
Looking forward to seeing what you find. Last night, everything felt totally different. Had been bouncing between your sliders and Fiddy's but the speed and stuff felt funny. Even had a couple of weird animations like me running a RB through the line, DL falling down, then suddenly back on his fet for the tackle...or hitting TE for a pass and the LB just standing in front of him like he is still waiting on the play to snap.
Yeah, a lot of warping and clipping. Basically, the crux of Madden (and NCAA 14 but not as much) is it is a balancing act with animations with threshold + low values. The thing is though, with Madden, is that the values even on default + 50 threshold, these kind of quirky animations remain. It's like the game keeps short-cutting the animations - like there is a lack of transition animation; such as falling up and getting back up again.

This is why I liked version 15 prepatch as it was finally smooth. Nothing quirky and nothing shorcutting. This post patch may have fixed a lot of issues, but it used shortcut animations to do so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cirespieler
I've been trying 0 threshold and quick receivers get a bit too open even with 100 reaction and 85 Coverage. I think your assessment that it's like -5 post patch seems about right. Gonna edge it up but been seeing some good animations with the tighter/higher pass sliders, pretty realistic. Correct me if I'm wrong but I think those sliders work correctly at default penalty but if penalties are changed they become inverted?

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Essentially, yes. Penalty sliders are incredibly powerful this year, and can be used to bridge the gap in certain areas. I've learned, from this thread alone, that I need to meter out the values - to the point I am not going to use them to develop more animations, triggers, etc. It's a slippery slope, and can be difficult to ask people to use the sliders exactly - with that many values.

Pass reaction is one of those that seems to have taken an increase, as evidenced by the more aware linebackers again, but there are still moments (even on 80) that the DBs don't try to deflect, etc.
Old 09-11-2018, 09:21 PM   #1231
Just started!

So, as a noob that picked up Madden for the first time in ages since it's on PC now, I'm only playing on Pro difficulty. What kind of tweaks (if any) do you think would be appropriate to make a good slider set like this work on the lower difficulty?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-11-2018, 09:54 PM   #1232
MVP

dubplate's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fyre2387
So, as a noob that picked up Madden for the first time in ages since it's on PC now, I'm only playing on Pro difficulty. What kind of tweaks (if any) do you think would be appropriate to make a good slider set like this work on the lower difficulty?
Since you’re new to the game I‘d suggest using these sliders on Pro while you get your feet wet and then bump it up to All-Pro when you’re ready to step your game up.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »