Home

Matt10's Madden 19 Sliders

This is a discussion on Matt10's Madden 19 Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-11-2018, 09:57 PM   #1233
Rookie

cirespieler's Arena

OVR: 0
Matt10's Madden 19 Sliders

Really like what I'm seeing in the run game now using these sliders. CPU is decisive and uses appropriate moves and lots of them which makes a nice challenge, especially for me as I like to user Dline. This is on All Madden. Night and day difference from before, however on AP the improvement is less pronounced.

Really tried to make All Pro work but lately I've given up as you really need to hold the computers hand and handicap your own play just to make it sorta competitive. I think it's just the AI isn't quite aggressive enough on AP. The tradeoff is that on AM the QBs are "robo"ed out still, as in years past, so you have to find that perfect delicate balance that puts the QBs in check without tipping the scales too far in the users favor. That's where I'm at now, just trying to find the perfect pass sliders.

I think the tricky thing about the passing sliders is how you described in the OP that lower coverage numbers tightens things up, but the pass reaction makes the AI play the ball more realistically at higher values. At all 0 or all 100 you see them almost contradicting each other which is just... weird.

Catching sliders cause dumb drops below 40 now from what I'm seeing, but 50 you pretty much never see a drop.

Right now I'm going back to your V15 pass sliders as they are very near what I need still but just need some tweaking due to the patch.
Btw, since I user Dline I've found nice balance at Pass Block 25 for CPU, getting about 2-3 sacks per game which is in line with NFL stats. You do need pressure to de-robo the QB somewhat but not too much or it quickly goes too far in the other direction.

I'm seeing fumbles a bit more balanced post patch as well and getting realism at 55/55.

Anyway Matt I really appreciate how much time and work you put into these, I do some myself but I get frustrated and just want to play CFM damnit. Thanks to you we are very close though and I'm pumped to see what the v16 is like.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 09-11-2018, 10:10 PM   #1234
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: Matt10's Madden 19 Sliders

^We're on the same page. Thanks for the kind words.

>>>>>>>

Update soon, just completing final touches.
Old 09-11-2018, 10:32 PM   #1235
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10
^We're on the same page. Thanks for the kind words.

>>>>>>>

Update soon, just completing final touches.

You the man!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-11-2018, 10:37 PM   #1236
Rookie

jgreengutta's Arena

put that work in Matt im ready to fire up this CFM lol
Old 09-11-2018, 11:12 PM   #1237
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

Typing up update now.
Old 09-11-2018, 11:22 PM   #1238
MVP

OVR: 3

I'm curious to see how theses sliders work with the recent patch. I haven't downloaded it yet. I was really content with the game so I'm scared to ruin it.
Old 09-12-2018, 12:01 AM   #1239
Rookie

jgreengutta's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10
Typing up update now.
did the update drop?
Old 09-12-2018, 12:02 AM   #1240
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

⏭ Slider Update Log

9/11/18 - Here is Version 16.

The main focus here was to get everything back in sync. The most recent update was fantastic for the game overall, not great for my Version 15's. That's okay, I will gladly take something that I can "normalize" versus go too extreme. Some values get extra attention, some do not necessarily change, and some changed for the better. I wanted to make sure that the smoothness of the game stayed on point, so it can also take advantage of the improved animations that this title update brought out.

Since this is a new title update, all values are considered "new" even though they may be the same values of previous versions.

Hope you guys enjoy. Here's Version 16:

⏭ Game Settings

If you provide feedback, please advise of any modifications you have done from this OP set. Also, please include if you are providing feedback on All-Madden or All-Pro. Thank you!

Skill Level: All-Pro or All-Madden

Game Speed: Normal

Game Style: Simulation

Quarter Length: 9 minutes

Accelerated Clock: Off

⏭ Gameplay Helpers

Ball Carrier Special Move: Manual

Defensive Auto Strafe: Off

Defensive Ball Hawk: Off
• No need to keep this set to "On" any longer. The user defenders find the ball well again, but if they struggle with the high lobs, you can turn this on to help.

Defensive Heat Seeker Assist: Off

Defensive Switch Assist: Off

⏭ Game Options

Injuries: 13
• Kudos to Tommy again for these as it allows such a nice balance of entire game injuries, temporary injuries, different severity, just good overall mixture.

Fatigue: 49
• At 49 the CPU is able to recover from fatigue while still running. So they do not slow down dramatically, and if they start to slow down, they can recover realistically.

Min Player Threshold: 30
• Significant bump here. I mentioned it in the thread, but this title update seemed to have spread out the threshold even more, so a 20 threshold is really a 15, and so forth. I found the smoothest was at 30, which reminds me of NCAA where 25 is the best, so by that logic, I settled on 30. This was tested in multiple ways from trying to get tackling, running backs, and DB/WR back on point. Coverage was very important to make sure it was tight, but not too tight. Also wanted to ensure breakaways still happened when they were relevant.

⏭ Player/CPU Skill Settings
*Community PC file: "Matt10V16" (pending, tbd)
*Community PS4 file: "Matt10V16" (pending, hosted by Escobar)

QB Accuracy: 49/49
• Back to 50 for both here was a bit too high, especially on All-Madden. I wanted the physics of the ball to return to be completely based on the player's ratings. So not every pass is going to be a tight spiral like it tends to be on 50+. I also did not want to go too low though because CPU kill factor decrease unfortunately as you decrease QBA. In addition, this also affects the timing of the routes to the pass, so again, keeping this safe. If there starts to become a trend that CPU QB is going Robo on us, then first I'm going to need to know the How even more than ever, because the coverage has been really good.

Pass Blocking: 48/35
• As I said, the threshold is playing a lot lower, so the blocks being shed are more significant than before. The value here needed to be adjusted for the sake of PA passes as well. You will still get pressure on the CPU QB, but if you do need more, be careful adjusting and test the PA passes to validate.

WR Catch: 45/45
• Pressure to perform here for the receivers. Seen good two-handed catches and some terrible drops under pressure.

Run Blocking: 50/55
• Adjusted the CPU's run blocking to go down actually. The reason for this is because when it was too high, the RB would rely too much on their block and not be decisive with hitting the holes. In addition it affected down the field blocking so the RAC's I was seeing were not very realistic at all. You would see blocks warp down the field, and be held in this stuck animation, even when the ball carrier is well past the blockers. I know going low for the CPU is usually a killer for any set, but it is really important they make a strong decision when the ball is handed to them.

Fumbles: 48/48
• This was the last of the changes I worked on. I needed to make sure that when the QB is sacked, it doesn't result in a fumble each time. In addition, I wanted the CPU RB to also reach second levels without needing to make another adjustment/juke/spin just because that hurts a lot obviously, but I figured out that the 48 for fumbles was really key in getting smarter play in the open field, and acceleration.

Pass Defense Reaction Time: 40/40
• Had to focus on getting these reactions back on point when combined with the solid title update that brough the deflections by all defenders back.

Interceptions: 40/40
• Bumped this back up and it's been solid again, good mix of interceptions and deflections or brick hands.

Pass Coverage: 42/42
• Too low and it was super tight again, which is fine, but it resulted in too many coverage sacks, and CPU QB holding onto the ball too long. So a slight bump to 45, and that was too loose, found a nice middle ground with 42.

Tackling: 38/38
• Pains me to go under 40 because I am afraid of warping, but thankfully, on 10 threshold it doesn't happen as much because there is not as much gap to overcome as it was on zero. So, this results in some really nice physics in the tackles, great wrap up tackles, flying bodies, the works. Yes, there are broken tackles, but it's nothing too outrageous.

⏭ Special Teams

FG Power: 55/55
• I've said it before, but I like that "oomph!" in the kick. This not only allows that to happen, but it allows the accuracy value to be modified under 50 as well so there are no random driven soccer kicks into the crossbar.

FG Accuracy: 48/48
• As mentioned above, this value can be lowered to create that random chance of a miss by the guys with the most pressure on their shoulders. As a former kicker myself, I had to give some realistic "love" to them.

Punt Power: 48/48
• May have mentioned it before, but this value is super sensitive. There is a 10-yard glitch though that happens when punting into the wind, so just be on the lookout with those. However, I did want less powered punts into the endzone that would get the punter fired on the spot if he did once in a game, let alone the multiple times this game allows it.

Punt Accuracy: 51/51
• If they're going to lose a little bit of power, let's make them a tad accurate on their punts so they're going for the coffin corner punts a bit more - or at least trying to.

Kickoff Power: 48/48
• Good value here to get the ball struck perfectly through the endzone, or come up short of the goal-line.

⏭ Penalties

All Penalties Set to Default 50 or ON
• As I said, I have enjoyed modifying the gameplay by using the power of the penalty sliders with a zero threshold, but that became a bit of a balancing act that got a bit over my head and patience. It skewed feedback because not only was I relying on feedback of the gameplay sliders, I also needed to receive confirmation that the penalty values were also adhered to. This became a sense of second guessing and inconsistency as a result. I believe having these as default are good for the set, but definitely adjust them as you see fit.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »