Home

Old 09-20-2018, 02:20 PM   #1401
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: Matt10's Madden 19 Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by geoff112001
Thanks for the great sliders, I canít imagine all the work you had to put in to it!
Iím playing on all pro and currently 4-6 with the Browns. I love the way it plays except I minor detail. Iím playing with Baker Mayfield and Iím completeing like 75% of my passes. Granted they are mostly short passes but that still seems pretty accurate, especially for a rookie. It seems like the only incompletions are INTís or balls knocked down at the line. The DBís rarely knock down balls. It seems to be either a completion or int. Do you think I could/should lower the QB accuracy so not every throw is on the money? My concern might be to many intís doing that. Now it seems like the computer rarely has dropped ints. If it hits their hands they pick it off. So would inaccurate pass lead to a lot more intís, maybe lower the intís also?
I donít know, I guess Iím just looking for feedback on high user pass completion percentage.
There's definitely plenty of room to lower QBA for the user, but lower INT for CPU as well. Just gauge it on short, medium and long throws. Easiest test is the long lobbed passes. If they are no where near, or underthrown, then you may have gone too low in the QBA.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-20-2018, 02:25 PM   #1402
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcedCoffee1983
Matt have you considered separate sliders on the 1st page for AP and AM?

I play on AM, and the CPU run game stinks. However I think this is more to do with poor programming on EA's part and some glitches. I am seeing the CPU RB's do a lot of unecessary moves behind the LOS which gives me more time to get back there and tackle them. The CPU AI is just terrible at running this year.

Is anyone else seeing this joke of a run game by the CPU? Some games I've held great runners for like 50-60 YPC the whole game on like 20 attempts. If they do get a lot of yards its because they had a single big break away.

I think also since I user control the LE or a DT on most plays, I tend to do well against the CPU run, and at rushing the CPU QB. I'm thinking of bumping CPU Run block and Pass Block each by 5 points (so CPU Pass Block at 40 and CPU Run Block at 60).

Now... the CPU can't run against... but BOY can they pass against me! My pass D gets CRUSHED, lol.

I dunno, this last patch made the game worse. I think it was playing better pre-patch. I think I might shelf the game until another patch maybe does SOMETHING to give the CPU a decent run game. It's so boring have the CPU go for 3 YPC each game.

Anywho... I thought maybe separate AM and AP sliders might help make waters less muddy as people post results and stats for you.
That's kind of the problem, introducing separate sets, it's harder to troubleshoot. One guys issue with PBL, may be someone else's enjoyment. Keeping it at "standard" values, is easier to make recommendations as well.

PBL, in general, is a timing slider. The issue with it is that it helps or hurts. Too little time, and the CPU can become Robo, too much time and they can also become Robo. The flip side of that can happen as well, too little time, hurried and no completions, too much time, and they let the coverage regroup = pick.

Really hard value to balance out. It's very powerful, which is why I used penalty values to compensate for it in the earlier sets. If curious, the penalty value was Roughing the Passer. This lowered will give tremendous pressure, but issue with it is also how powerful it is against the Pass and Run - which was the problems I experienced as I performed balancing moves on the tight rope.
Old 09-20-2018, 02:54 PM   #1403
Rookie

iAmMrT's Arena

OVR: 0

Hey Matt, I was wondering how you posted those videos of gameplay at the beginning of your thread. I was hoping to do that to show some results and I can't figure it out.
Old 09-20-2018, 03:20 PM   #1404
Rookie

Hi Matt I've been using these sliders since V10, now with the latest I gotta say they're near perfect on AM, at least for me and my brother (we play coop). We've been having some really amazing games as the Texans (our rebuild team), a few points:

*CPU*
-Pass Protection: really good as it's hard to shed blocks but we still been getting 1-3 sacks per game.

-Passing: Haven't seen any RoboQB, usually they start high on completions, but as we adjust the percentage has been around 60-70. Also when they get pressure they try to connect the checkdown. The only "issue" I see is that almost 99% of passes have a tight spiral, also would like to see a bit more of agressiveness going for the long pass.

-Run Blocking: Run blocking seems really good as they tend to smartly pick blocks and is hard to shed the block against bigger guys. There's a but though, see next point.

-Running back: The problem with cpu running it's still in the RB as he does unnecesary cuts even in open field which leads to defenders having time to reach him (I know this is mostly because the CPU it's not adapted to RPM)

-Defense: To me the CPU D as is it's perfect, most of the picks have been bad throws, but we've been able to throw deep bombs too.

*User*
-Pass Protection: This is where my biggest complain is, I get that you need to audible to different plays, use pass protection adjustments and ID the mike, and when we do they pick up blitzes really good, but when they're rushing 4 against 6 blockers this shouldn't be the case. So overall pass blocking is a bit inconsistent. This has led to many many sacks on no pressure downs, also the QB tends to fumble at the slightest touch.

-Passing:Passing seems good sometimes way off target passes, but I think its ok cause bumping QBA would led to always perfect passes with a QB that it's not the highest in ACC.

-Run Blocking: Run blocking it's generally good with the exception of sometimes blockers having a defender in front of them and instead of trying to block they go to the 2nd level. So the break tackle slider helps, but to me it would be better if a long run was because of good blocking instead of lucky broken tackles.

-Running back: nothing to say as it's user controlled.

-Defense: same as above.

So those are my observations, no trying to criticize you as you've done an amazing job, the cons are just things I would like to see, and I know it's not your fault and most of them reside in the coding of the game. So thanks for making the gameplay 10x better. I know there's always room for improvement so I'm looking forward to see what you bring next (or when the next patch breaks the slider again lol)
Old 09-20-2018, 03:22 PM   #1405
Pro

OVR: 1

I've been using these sliders since they came out

But in my opinion, I'm in agreement with some people about needing two different sliders. I mean there are 2 different levels of play, all pro and all madden.

A 50 CPU QB acc on all pro, will more than likely not be the same on all madden, because of the bump in play

That's why I think theres so many other people making slider sets

If I'm having a hard time running the ball on all madden, but it's easier on all pro, then 2 different sliders for each level would help fix both problems

All in all, I personally dont need two slider sets, this thread is fine, but I see why others would like to have 2. It makes sense. I just use the sliders you provided, and tweak as needed to my level of play

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-21-2018, 12:29 AM   #1406
Pro

BlackLightning3's Arena

OVR: 2

Streaming version 16 All-Madden. Madden corrupted my Oilers franchise, so I had to create a CFM. I was still able to move teams around using my old accounts from my PS3. I decided to pick the Cowboys, because I didn't want to do another Oilers one for the third time. It's funny because the Cowboys drafted some of the players I had on my Oilers team and the Raiders have some of the other players. I simmed through 2021. This is 2022 Week 2 Dallas Cowboys at Las Vegas Raiders http://www.youtube.com/slickescobar
Old 09-21-2018, 04:30 AM   #1407
Rookie

Superreds's Arena

Hi Matt

What is your take on clock settings?

Does it affect gameplay to do 15 min. with 15 seconds run off?

Would love to use it. Play possesion football and clock management feels wrong with 9 min. no run off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-21-2018, 09:08 AM   #1408
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by iAmMrT
Hey Matt, I was wondering how you posted those videos of gameplay at the beginning of your thread. I was hoping to do that to show some results and I can't figure it out.
Sure, I grab the embed link from YouTube, so for example the first video link is:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2vTXgvi6xqI

then on youtube click "Share", then the box that opens, there is an "embed" <> option, so it will give me:

from here, I'll paste it in the forums, but make the width/height adjustments to fit better. So I'll change the "560" to "750" and the "315" to "422"; these are just arbitrary numbers, but I've found they work well with the forum.

So final will look like this:

edit: tried to include code boxes, but those take the embedded code, so defeats the purpose!

Last edited by Matt10; 09-21-2018 at 09:11 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »