Home

Matt10's Madden 19 Sliders

This is a discussion on Matt10's Madden 19 Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)

Old 12-04-2018, 05:23 PM   #1841
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Matt10's Madden 19 Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by revonoc
Awesome you're continuing work on these, Matt! Latest update is sweet. First couple of games I was getting some broken coverages on user team as well. I then played around with my penalty sliders, didn't touch anything else, and my last game was pretty perfectly realistic. Not sure if that was related, but for those of you wondering about a potential fix! I upped DPI by a few points and a few others but I do wonder if it had to do with DPI
Love the threshold lowering btw - Marvin Jones can actually get separation now (!)
Last couple of games actually, already done like 6 on this new set, two with changed penalty sliders.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-04-2018, 06:27 PM   #1842
Pro

Redskins041's Arena

I went out and bought a ps3 and bought ncaa 14 and my god it is 1,000,000 times better than madden. I dont even watch college football and this game is like 6 years old and has stuff madden 19 doesnt even have. The "new features" they bragged about coach adjustments and slow sim in 18 they already have in 14. Tackling is much better and realistic. Coverage is so good and so is blocking. Punts, field goals all of special teams feels realistic. I am shocked this was also made by EA I dont understand why they cant make madden like this. Back then offline was bigger than online so kinda just proves where their money is at. I have constantly the last few years tested all kind of sliders test all kinds of theories never gave up on the game no matter how bad. I havent even had a real franchise since like madden 15 because im always stuck on year 1 week 1. Sometimes ill get almost done with a season or midway through and something goes wrong or a patch ruins it and I have to restart. Ive basically wasted 240$ these last 4 years because I dont play online and havent been able to have an actual franchise it only just wasted my time and made me frustrated. I have offically given up on madden this year so glad I did just played this game for a couple hours and already had more fun than madden in these last 4 years havent had to test sliders or anything which is all ive done for the last 4 maddens. I recommend everyone get ncaa 14 and see how it is better in every aspect, cpu ai, blocking, special teams, coverage you name it. So sad that we have to go back to a 6 year old game just to get a enjoyable football game smh.
Old 12-04-2018, 10:11 PM   #1843
Rookie

I have used comp with this set for a while and there are cons and pros, comp has a tighter feel, especially pass game, no defensive assist holding in comp. Penalties are my issue w it, but even it has its pros, you basically get no penalties other than offside and false start. This also allows you to set 99 holding with no adverse affects, which in turn allows you to use a low pass block slider and still be effective netting better animations and flexibility with sliders. Setting def holding and dpi to 99 is smart too to help offset the overpowered passing game comp makes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12-05-2018, 09:16 AM   #1844
Just started!

My only issue is in 6 games so far this season I have two 300+ yard rushing games on less than 20 carries each game. On stretch plays especially if I run weak side and the defender crashes down and doesnít play outside itís incredibly easy to hike the safety and have an easy walk in td from anywhere.

What can I adjust to make this more difficult? Lower run block? Higher cpu tackle? My back is only 86 ovr so itís not like Iím using some insane back and running all over everyone
Old 12-05-2018, 12:22 PM   #1845
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by spencer027
My only issue is in 6 games so far this season I have two 300+ yard rushing games on less than 20 carries each game. On stretch plays especially if I run weak side and the defender crashes down and doesnít play outside itís incredibly easy to hike the safety and have an easy walk in td from anywhere.

What can I adjust to make this more difficult? Lower run block? Higher cpu tackle? My back is only 86 ovr so itís not like Iím using some insane back and running all over everyone
I would start with lowering the Human run block about five clicks and see where that gets you bro.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-05-2018, 12:57 PM   #1846
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

Slider Update Log

12/5/18 - Working on Version 20, so far I've got about 5 more things to try on the lower threshold, but to solve the user PCV and animations, it's looking more likely to raise threshold alone. Still need to test though, just wanted to provide a brief update. Shouldn't be too much longer. Thanks.
Old 12-05-2018, 01:57 PM   #1847
Pro

gman2774's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10
Slider Update Log

12/5/18 - Working on Version 20, so far I've got about 5 more things to try on the lower threshold, but to solve the user PCV and animations, it's looking more likely to raise threshold alone. Still need to test though, just wanted to provide a brief update. Shouldn't be too much longer. Thanks.

Matt-Is your testing focus more all madden vs all pro? Vice versa?

Sent from my iPad using Operation Sports
Old 12-05-2018, 02:12 PM   #1848
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by gman2774
Matt-Is your testing focus more all madden vs all pro? Vice versa?

Sent from my iPad using Operation Sports
Primarily focused on All-Madden, as All-Pro should be minor modifications (higher cpu QBA), but even then I've tested a the same QBA as AP (40/40) and seems to be working fine so far.

I will say though that tests are early, and tests are promising. Unfortunately, I am having to use penalty sliders to make up for the lack of aggressive covering animations (stop on routes, slow acceleration, not turning around/freezing). It's not ideal, but it is making for a much better experience so far.

Edit: Just adding onto this, if I choose between the two, I would prefer not to touch penalty sliders, but have to ensure the threshold chosen doesn't have all the animations as mentioned, or at least lessened. I like everything about the lower threshold except for how the coverage animations are at times. Higher threshold does not necessarily help in animations, but does keep things "sticky" so there is a sense of resistance.

Last edited by Matt10; 12-05-2018 at 02:17 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »