Home

Matt10's Madden 19 Sliders

This is a discussion on Matt10's Madden 19 Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-10-2018, 08:42 AM   #1945
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: Matt10's Madden 19 Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by GJD23
Played a game with the set same as OP except Offside and Offensive Holding both to 85. I wanted to get the distribution of tackles more towards the DE's and LB's rather than the DB's and Safeties, to mirror a more realistic statistical output.

Got what I wanted!

With penalties all set to 50/ON I was noticing that the split of tackles between the front 7 and the defensive backs were about a 50/50 split. This isn't how it plays out IRL. If you look at the leading tacklers in the NFL it's almost always a linebacker.

So bumping these two penalty sliders to 85 I saw a much better discrepancy. In my last game, 73 tackles were made by ends and backers, and 50 tackles were made by the secondary. Super happy with this!

I tried both penalty sliders at 99 just to test the extreme and it wasn't what I was after, too many penalties. But with both at 85 I still only managed 2 penalties total for the game (as I did on default 50) so I think I'll roll with 85 for both and fire up my CFM...finally!

Thanks Matt for all your hard work!
That's great news. I've been thinking of tinkering with penalties a bit as well to mainly get more out of the game. The OL/DL interaction is left wanting just a tad, and I agree the DE and LBs should be making those plays. I can imagine such great interaction and animations that way.

I think I will probably do that for the next Version 21 set, and address QBA on AP a tad. Also need to get those DPI's back, but not to the point it makes things too easy on the threshold.

Subtle adjustments, but version 21 should take this to the next level.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-10-2018, 09:54 AM   #1946
Rookie

OVR: 0

I noticed the running game on both sides of the ball being too dominant, so i turned roughing kicker amd running into the kicker off just to see if it would help. I only got to play 1 half, but it appears to be working.

I think maybe i will also try setting offsides and holding to 85. Thanks for the info GJD23.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk
Old 12-10-2018, 10:53 AM   #1947
Pro

dc thompsoncanyon838's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayRay412
I noticed the running game on both sides of the ball being too dominant, so i turned roughing kicker amd running into the kicker off just to see if it would help. I only got to play 1 half, but it appears to be working.

I think maybe i will also try setting offsides and holding to 85. Thanks for the info GJD23.

Yeah I turn running into kicker off for more aggressive tackling and pursuit. I liked.whe we could adjust by numbers a few years ago
Old 12-10-2018, 11:02 AM   #1948
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

Be careful adjusting the RTK and RITK values as that can cause aggression, sure, but it can affect coverage and pursuit angles.

To help with the realism of the run game, I would change Offisdes/False start to 80/80; which will create the realistic shedding without dropping RBL.

Option 2, is to lower Roughing the Passer, as that is the strongest value for aggression, without disrupting angles. I like it at 20 or under.
Old 12-10-2018, 11:11 AM   #1949
MVP

tyler28's Arena

Ya i just tried this out as well with other penalties and it felt really good.

The only issue i saw was holding at 85. I was seeing multiple in a row. I dropped it to 65 and no issues and it felt the same.

I lowered fm and dh to 40.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk
Old 12-10-2018, 11:13 AM   #1950
MVP

GJD23's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10
That's great news. I've been thinking of tinkering with penalties a bit as well to mainly get more out of the game. The OL/DL interaction is left wanting just a tad, and I agree the DE and LBs should be making those plays. I can imagine such great interaction and animations that way.

I think I will probably do that for the next Version 21 set, and address QBA on AP a tad. Also need to get those DPI's back, but not to the point it makes things too easy on the threshold.

Subtle adjustments, but version 21 should take this to the next level.
I'm going to try again today with both set to 90 and see how it goes. 99/99 definitely isn't the way to do it IMO but I think we can get it to a point where it's as realistic as can be. I loved it anyway, it didn't take anything away from the game and you mentioned in a later post Matt that increasing offside will lead to a better run game - well in this game Gurley ran 31 times for 126 yards and a touchdown. It was a great challenge to try and keep him in check.

I have to ask - because I know changing one thing can lead to a chain reaction on other aspects of the game, but in your experience do you think raising offside/offensive holding to 85/85, 90/90, or 95/95 will set off issues in other aspects of the game?

Your sliders on v.20 are playing as good as ever, by the way. I wish Madden would stop releasing gameplay updates, LOL.
Old 12-10-2018, 11:16 AM   #1951
MVP

GJD23's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyler28
Ya i just tried this out as well with other penalties and it felt really good.

The only issue i saw was holding at 85. I was seeing multiple in a row. I dropped it to 65 and no issues and it felt the same.

I lowered fm and dh to 40.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk
I had it set to 85/85 and saw 2 holding calls on the first two plays but I stuck with the game and ended up with only 1 other holding call after that. It's playing so smooth for me now. Absolutely loving it!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-10-2018, 11:19 AM   #1952
MVP

GJD23's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayRay412

No problem man. I couldn't stop the run with the 85/85 change, so good luck lol. My opposition ran for 126 yards on 31 carries (most carries I've seen a RB have in M19 so far).

But it was a nice challenge! Keeps me honest.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »