Home

Old 12-10-2018, 12:13 PM   #1961
Banned

IcedCoffee1983's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Matt10's Madden 19 Sliders

I have played with penalty sliders a lot and I never see any "effect on gameplay." Its only seems to effect how often animations occur that lead to penalties being triggered. The Madden Devs have even tweeted and said penalty sliders do not effect gameplay, but those who believe in unicorns will never stop believing.

I use 80 Offside/Encroachment, and 50 False Start. I use fake snap all the time to be sure I cause my own guys to False Start once in a while and I do succeed and getting the CPU to go Offides or Encroach. Anything under 75 Offsides and I never seem to get the CPU to jump. I get an even distribution of those penalties against myself and the CPU.

I also use 80 for Def. Pass interference, I usually only get 1 or 2 two a game.

Offsides - 80
False Start - 50
O. Hold - 60 (you want a couple per game at least)
D. Hold - 60 (doesnt really matter, the Devs turned off D. Hold)
Facemask - 55 (pretend this counts for Horse Collar too)
D. PI - 80
Illegal Block - 50
Rough Passer - 51
All others = ON

I feel that gets me a pretty realistic average

Last edited by IcedCoffee1983; 12-10-2018 at 12:17 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-10-2018, 12:22 PM   #1962
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcedCoffee1983
I have played with penalty sliders a lot and I never see any "effect on gameplay." Its only seems to effect how often animations occur that lead to penalties being triggered. The Madden Devs have even tweeted and said penalty sliders do not effect gameplay, but those who believe in unicorns will never stop believing.

I use 80 Offside/Encroachment, and 50 False Start. I use fake snap all the time to be sure I cause my own guys to False Start once in a while and I do succeed and getting the CPU to go Offides or Encroach. Anything under 75 Offsides and I never seem to get the CPU to jump. I get an even distribution of those penalties against myself and the CPU.

I also use 80 for Def. Pass interference, I usually only get 1 or 2 two a game.

Offsides - 80
False Start - 50
O. Hold - 60 (you want a couple per game at least)
D. Hold - 60 (doesnt really matter, the Devs turned off D. Hold)
Facemask - 55 (pretend this counts for Horse Collar too)
D. PI - 80
Illegal Block - 50
Rough Passer - 51
All others = ON

I feel that gets me a pretty realistic average
I really don't think the madden devs know anymore than we do about how the sliders work tbh.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk
Old 12-10-2018, 12:29 PM   #1963
Banned

IcedCoffee1983's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayRay412
I really don't think the madden devs know anymore than we do about how the sliders work tbh.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

That might be true, but when they have commented on this issue they have said penalty sliders only impact how often penalty animations are triggered. So after years of debate, and no clear evidence from the community, I keep my sanity by assuming the dev's are right, and penatly sliders only affect occurance of penalties.

I have played and tested penalty sliders Ad nauseam and I dont see the O-line or D-line "jumping" the snap better, or my RB's getting better blocks regardless if I put holding sliders at 0 or 99... All I see change is how often holding gets called.

I do not think penatly sliders "affect gameplay"

*ducks and leaves thread*
Old 12-10-2018, 01:19 PM   #1964
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcedCoffee1983
That might be true, but when they have commented on this issue they have said penalty sliders only impact how often penalty animations are triggered. So after years of debate, and no clear evidence from the community, I keep my sanity by assuming the dev's are right, and penatly sliders only affect occurance of penalties.

I have played and tested penalty sliders Ad nauseam and I dont see the O-line or D-line "jumping" the snap better, or my RB's getting better blocks regardless if I put holding sliders at 0 or 99... All I see change is how often holding gets called.

I do not think penatly sliders "affect gameplay"

*ducks and leaves thread*
I think they will say that regardless to keep the discussion at a minimum. If a value triggers animations, then that is movement. Any movement that changes in a sport can be significant. That's enough to hold onto the fact that they do impact gameplay because animations are movements.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
Old 12-10-2018, 04:51 PM   #1965
Just started!

First off Matt you're a saint for the effort you put into this and sharing with all of us - thanks! I play on AM and this version of sliders is the best this Madden has felt to me so far.

A few minor things I've noticed:

I seem to be getting too many sacks. I always user a non-blitzing LB or safety (which I'm not even particularly good at) but my team always winds up being at least top 5 in sacks at the end of the season despite having a fairly mediocre d-line. My 75 overall end currently leads the league. I almost always get 4+ sacks a game even when against superior o-lines, mostly off play action and the occasional coverage sack. Should I just increase CPU pass blocking or will that break the CPU passing game somehow?

Also maybe it's just me but CPU field goal kicking seems a little too good on AM. The only times they ever seem to miss is when they attempt 55+ yarders. I have yet to see a kick miss from shorter distance other than when I get a block off. I feel like I should see at least a few of those upper 40's/lower 50's miss now and then. Should I just be messing with accuracy or power as well, and how sensitive is the value?

I haven't messed around with the sliders myself since it seems like half of them are all interwoven with some kind of black magic that make them affect each other or work in the opposite way you'd expect. Thanks again!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-11-2018, 12:40 PM   #1966
Rookie

stormchaserck19's Arena

OVR: 3

Matt are you holding off on working on a V21? V20 is amazing and I love some of the ideas with penalty sliders that others are mentioning. Thanks again for making this game worthwhile again!
Old 12-11-2018, 02:13 PM   #1967
Rookie

jgreengutta's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10
I think they will say that regardless to keep the discussion at a minimum. If a value triggers animations, then that is movement. Any movement that changes in a sport can be significant. That's enough to hold onto the fact that they do impact gameplay because animations are movements.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
Sliders do impact gameplay that's 100% fact
Old 12-11-2018, 02:37 PM   #1968
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormchaserck19
Matt are you holding off on working on a V21? V20 is amazing and I love some of the ideas with penalty sliders that others are mentioning. Thanks again for making this game worthwhile again!
I'm exploring and seeing what is effective. Nothing set in stone just yet. Think addressing the run game to get the DL/LBs more tackles would be nice. In addition, more DPI's called. Those two alone will be enough.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »