Home

Old 12-14-2018, 11:53 PM   #2009
Pro

Jagsfan24's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Matt10's Madden 19 Sliders

Ok so what I did was i kept all of what Matt had, except I changed the speed threshold to 48...after 2 games I will say the games were great. I lost week 1 against the panthers in a last drive by the cpu (typical madden) but the score was 20-17, then next game I beat the Steelers 34-17 due to a few turnovers by the Steelers in their own territory.

So yeah I mean might need a few tweaks here or there but, all in all im having success using Mattís sliders but with 48 threshold instead of 15
Old 12-15-2018, 03:01 AM   #2010
Rookie

therealbschrec's Arena

Playing on the currently sliders and have had really good games. I wish penalties didn't effect gameplay. I've had a few pass interferences cost me games, but it is what it is. Good set, Matt.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 12-15-2018, 05:23 AM   #2011
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sublime55
Hey man these look great. Are you playin on all madden?

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Yeah. All Madden

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-15-2018, 05:56 AM   #2012
Pro

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayRay412
I just wanted to post this real quick. I think i have found my settings thanks to Matt! I have only played 2 games so far on these settings with some tweaks to v21, but both games have been AMAZING! Everything feels so natural and fluid. The pass game seems on point. Inaccurate Qb's will throw some inaccurate passes, but not missing by 10-15 yards. If they miss they will just miss. The animations are fantastic and there has been no suction blocking or tackling. The dline oline interations seem on point. The coverage is good. Sometimes they have the receivers locked down other times not. Basically everything has seemed so natural and not forced. Most of all fair. So if you Matt or anybody else wants to try these i will just post the changes i have made to Matt's og post.

Penalties

Offsides - 60

False start - 60

O holding - 60

D holding - 65

Roughing passer - 45

Dpi - 60

Player/cpu skill all the same

Qb acc - 38

Wr cat - 45

Tack - 37

Special teams (these definitely effect gameplay) these are armors

Fg pow - 42

Fg acc - 32

Punt pow - 42

Punt acc - 42

Kp - 45

I assume if a setting isn't listed it's because it's at a default of 50?
Old 12-15-2018, 05:57 AM   #2013
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpeercy
I assume if a setting isn't listed it's because it's at a default of 50?
No. It's whatever Matt's settings are in the 1st post.

Old 12-15-2018, 07:00 AM   #2014
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcedCoffee1983
I have played with penalty sliders a lot and I never see any "effect on gameplay." Its only seems to effect how often animations occur that lead to penalties being triggered. The Madden Devs have even tweeted and said penalty sliders do not effect gameplay, but those who believe in unicorns will never stop believing.

I use 80 Offside/Encroachment, and 50 False Start. I use fake snap all the time to be sure I cause my own guys to False Start once in a while and I do succeed and getting the CPU to go Offides or Encroach. Anything under 75 Offsides and I never seem to get the CPU to jump. I get an even distribution of those penalties against myself and the CPU.

I also use 80 for Def. Pass interference, I usually only get 1 or 2 two a game.

Offsides - 80
False Start - 50
O. Hold - 60 (you want a couple per game at least)
D. Hold - 60 (doesnt really matter, the Devs turned off D. Hold)
Facemask - 55 (pretend this counts for Horse Collar too)
D. PI - 80
Illegal Block - 50
Rough Passer - 51
All others = ON

I feel that gets me a pretty realistic average

Just because they turned it off from being called, defensive holding has a huge affect on coverage. When you see how it is applied in frosty editor def holding impacts a number of variables on what happens in coverage, the most important and noticeable is press coverage, the higher the slider the longer press can hold the wr at the line of scrimmage and can mess with how effective cuts in routes are, as well as how far and fast a engaged blocker can reach tackle. DPI mostly has an impact on the distance a dB feels comfortable being to a pass catcher, and of course the max number of times it can occur a game.

A lot of the randomness that is seen in the passing game comes from 2 things mainly. the fact that the cpu uses coaching adjustments a lot, which every one knows using coaching adjustments whiles messing with sliders can cause weirdness. The other is the fact that the defense has the same min/max chance to catch a ball the offense does, and on top of it gets HUGE boosts for catching the ball when another defensive player is near them or when no offensive player is near them. By default the min max for offense and defense catching is 100 percent max and 30 percent min. They get a 15% boost if there is no offense player within 4 yards and a 25% boost if another defensive player is near them. I assume this is to penalize for throwing into double coverage, but there are reductions built into the passing for it as well. What this does it creates stacking events that are just dumb. There are many situations where a defensive player can have 200% chance to intercept if coaching adjust is set to play ball, a defender is near them, an offensive player is not close enough to them etc. itís why you see leaping interceptions by mlb when you try to throw a dig or a post behind them, they get all the boost, and the passer gets penalized which leads to what we always see play out.

Seeing how they apply all this in frosty answers so many questions I have had for 10 years. I know it canít really be fixed for console guys, but I thought I would chime in to share some insight. Especially on defensive holding, there has been to this point a void in info on that slider. Itís sad ea has been no help, and on top of it lie through their teeth about some things, they say penalties have no effect on game play, huge lie there are several penalty sliders that effect multiple gameplay parameters. Anyone with a brain and a pc can validate this. I donít even want to get started on the things they have in the game but donít make available, I see now the real reason they have been hesitant on releasing this game for pc, and I wouldnít be surprised if they stop soon again. It makes it too easy to call them out on the hot air that comes from their mouth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12-15-2018, 07:13 AM   #2015
Pro

dc thompsoncanyon838's Arena

Yeah I preferred when they had more choices for Settings and when you could adjust by numbers,not just yes or no,on or off. Like int ground and rough kick.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-15-2018, 07:33 AM   #2016
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dc thompsoncanyon838
Yeah I preferred when they had more choices for Settings and when you could adjust by numbers,not just yes or no,on or off. Like int ground and rough kick.

Ugh no kidding!!! The crap that is built into this game is discouraging. I donít even want to get started on traits and the on off switches for penalties were lazily implemented into current gen. The code is littered with things I know used to be traits or old setting, still being used under a different name or on off switch. Interception trait is one that used to be an on off switch, and is still basically coded like it is an on off switch, but it had 3 settings now. From what I can tell/guess from how they have it set up is conservative is off, balanced is on if clutch is also on and itís a clutch situation, and aggressive is on. Cover the ball has 5 settings and is coded like an on off switch, tuck and run is a mess. It looks like a 5 year old set it up, it has so many settings that I havenít tested yet but are disabled 2 different ways, 3 on when set to competitive and playing another user. The character logic that applies to tendency seems like a person who has never watched football set it up.... default has a medium pass play call for 13 yards, and long distance situation set to 19? 3rd and 10 is no longer long yardage situation guys..... no wonder the cpu runs the ball or a screen when itís 3rd an 8 and down by 14.

Force ball trait? By default only is active if itís 3rd down, longer than 7 yards, and down by 7 or more points. Awesome work EA that is fantastic stuff.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »