Home

Matt10's Madden 19 Sliders

This is a discussion on Matt10's Madden 19 Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)

Old 12-19-2018, 01:08 PM   #2089
Rookie

cirespieler's Arena

OVR: 0
Matt10's Madden 19 Sliders

Took a hiatus from M19 for a while to play RDR2. Great game btw.
Came back and loaded up the newest version. Between the sliders and patches Iím seeing the best gameplay yet. Very tight games and variable drives, lots of good animations and balanced offense and defense on both sides. Iíve gone 1-3 on the new season with my CFM team that won two of the last 3 SBs.

GJD23 from what you describe I see two issues; tackling being the biggest one, maybe thatís something to be adjusted as I have had a few similar big plays due to missed tackles. Iíd submit that its realistic though, some teams have poor tackle ratings and even good defenses have broken plays due to missed tackles or missed coverage. As long as thereís only a couple per game... That rain game seems a bit concerning though. Any chance guys slipped in coverage on the big plays? I canít even remember if thatís an animation for DBs or just WRs. If guys were really getting separation youíd be looking at threshold and coverage sliders but that doesnít seem to be the case, Mattís always been tops at balancing that.

Other issue could be playcalling. You will really get punished if your blitz doesnít get home right away, and if a RB breaks a tackle or two on a zero blitz theyíre housing it. Gotta leave safeties deep most of the time. I got beat for a 90 yd TD from Duke Johnson last night on a zero blitz where he broke two tackles.

In any case I know heís always looking into it and balancing things, just wanted to say that once again these sliders are the best and really jive with my sim play style.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

Last edited by cirespieler; 12-19-2018 at 01:12 PM.
Old 12-19-2018, 01:21 PM   #2090
MVP

GJD23's Arena

Re: Matt10's Madden 19 Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by cirespieler
Took a hiatus from M19 for a while to play RDR2. Great game btw.
Came back and loaded up the newest version. Between the sliders and patches Iím seeing the best gameplay yet. Very tight games and variable drives, lots of good animations and balanced offense and defense on both sides. Iíve gone 1-3 on the new season with my CFM team that won two of the last 3 SBs.

GJD23 from what you describe I see two issues; tackling being the biggest one, maybe thatís something to be adjusted as I have had a few similar big plays due to missed tackles. Iíd submit that its realistic though, some teams have poor tackle ratings and even good defenses have broken plays due to missed tackles or missed coverage. As long as thereís only a couple per game... That rain game seems a bit concerning though. Any chance guys slipped in coverage on the big plays? I canít even remember if thatís an animation for DBs or just WRs. If guys were really getting separation youíd be looking at threshold and coverage sliders but that doesnít seem to be the case, Mattís always been tops at balancing that.

Other issue could be playcalling. You will really get punished if your blitz doesnít get home right away, and if a RB breaks a tackle or two on a zero blitz theyíre housing it. Gotta leave safeties deep most of the time. I got beat for a 90 yd TD from Duke Johnson last night on a zero blitz where he broke two tackles.

In any case I know heís always looking into it and balancing things, just wanted to say that once again these sliders are the best and really jive with my sim play style.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Yeah, I'm going to have a play around with it now and from Matt's reply it looks as though it's an easy fix so I am hanging out for that.

Clearly for me Matt's sliders offer the best challenge I've had in M19 and IMO the best set on this site, so it's nothing against him of course, I am just posting trends that I have been seeing with his latest set in the hope to improve the overall experience not just for me but for everyone here!
Old 12-19-2018, 01:30 PM   #2091
Rookie

stormchaserck19's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by GJD23
Yeah, I'm going to have a play around with it now and from Matt's reply it looks as though it's an easy fix so I am hanging out for that.

Clearly for me Matt's sliders offer the best challenge I've had in M19 and IMO the best set on this site, so it's nothing against him of course, I am just posting trends that I have been seeing with his latest set in the hope to improve the overall experience not just for me but for everyone here!
GJD23 are you playing on AM or AP?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-19-2018, 01:30 PM   #2092
MVP

GJD23's Arena

Some interesting stats I had a look at.

NFL total "big pass plays" this year are calculated at passes 25 yards or more.

Mahomes leads the league this year with 47 from 14 games.
Wentz is last with 21.

So on average it's 34. Divide that by 14 games...2.4....x2 (2 QB's in a game)...4.8.

So roughly there's 5 passes a game in the NFL this year that go for more than 25 yards.

And basically as Mahomes averages 3.35 "big pass plays" a game this year, I'd say going beyond 4 a game for a QB is unrealistic.

Luck did have 4 in the game I posted earlier, so I don't think we need to do too much here - but I think a slight adjustment/tightening up of the defense would help a ton.

I'd love to see some 150-200 yard total offense games and some 3-0 shutouts or punts galore, lol.

While I wait for Matt to share his wisdom with us lol, I will give another game a go with threshold at 45 this time - three times the figure that is in the OP.

I know it's a tricky slider to play with but I just want to see what comes of it.

Last edited by GJD23; 12-19-2018 at 01:38 PM.
Old 12-19-2018, 01:35 PM   #2093
MVP

GJD23's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormchaserck19
GJD23 are you playing on AM or AP?
AM .

Just feels like the games are in hyper overdrive mode, too frantic for my liking

Last edited by GJD23; 12-19-2018 at 01:40 PM.
Old 12-19-2018, 01:53 PM   #2094
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GJD23
Some interesting stats I had a look at.

NFL total "big pass plays" this year are calculated at passes 25 yards or more.

Mahomes leads the league this year with 47 from 14 games.
Wentz is last with 21.

So on average it's 34. Divide that by 14 games...2.4....x2 (2 QB's in a game)...4.8.

So roughly there's 5 passes a game in the NFL this year that go for more than 25 yards.

And basically as Mahomes averages 3.35 "big pass plays" a game this year, I'd say going beyond 4 a game for a QB is unrealistic.

Luck did have 4 in the game I posted earlier, so I don't think we need to do too much here - but I think a slight adjustment/tightening up of the defense would help a ton.

I'd love to see some 150-200 yard total offense games and some 3-0 shutouts or punts galore, lol.

While I wait for Matt to share his wisdom with us lol, I will give another game a go with threshold at 45 this time - three times the figure that is in the OP.

I know it's a tricky slider to play with but I just want to see what comes of it.
If you want to tighten coverage you can just raise dpi a few ticks or even d holding.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk
Old 12-19-2018, 02:18 PM   #2095
Rookie

Gjd23 do you call money plays or hot route........I use play suggestions and only pick from the 3 that are given it cut down on exploiting money plays
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-19-2018, 02:48 PM   #2096
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

Tried to record and perform well under pressure. That went out the window. Here's AM play, and I was well distracted being on my lunch, but I needed to see the set play again.

GJD, I think the TAK value can be a very simple adjustment to make the difference. Maybe very very slight adjustment to PCV. I tried my best to switch up my coverage, and it wasn't wide open by too much.

Can post the rest of the game later (it's on pause at home):

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »