Old 12-19-2018, 02:49 PM   #2097
MVP

tyler28's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Matt10's Madden 19 Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by GJD23
Some interesting stats I had a look at.

NFL total "big pass plays" this year are calculated at passes 25 yards or more.

Mahomes leads the league this year with 47 from 14 games.
Wentz is last with 21.

So on average it's 34. Divide that by 14 games...2.4....x2 (2 QB's in a game)...4.8.

So roughly there's 5 passes a game in the NFL this year that go for more than 25 yards.

And basically as Mahomes averages 3.35 "big pass plays" a game this year, I'd say going beyond 4 a game for a QB is unrealistic.

Luck did have 4 in the game I posted earlier, so I don't think we need to do too much here - but I think a slight adjustment/tightening up of the defense would help a ton.

I'd love to see some 150-200 yard total offense games and some 3-0 shutouts or punts galore, lol.

While I wait for Matt to share his wisdom with us lol, I will give another game a go with threshold at 45 this time - three times the figure that is in the OP.

I know it's a tricky slider to play with but I just want to see what comes of it.

i definitely see your point in wanting more defensive games but a 3-0 game is very rare. Last one was in 2007 and before that 1993 and then one in 1982. So i really wouldnt have that as a "realistic "goal to try to shoot for while adjusting sliders. The current NFL is geared toward offense and i dont think madden did it intentionally but this years version is very offensive. I have been trying to tone it down. Its going to be hard to tune this years game to be geared toward defense. I wish we could get nice defensive games. Even if i am having a defensive game, like stated in a previous post one quarter ends up being a shoot out and both teams end up over 30+.
Old 12-19-2018, 02:56 PM   #2098
MVP

GJD23's Arena

Played the Titans at their place, threshold at 45

Lost 20-19.

Titans plays over 25 yards;
26 yard pass
25 yard run (Mariota scramble)
27 yard pass

As I made a significant change to sliders I'll post the rest of the numbers.

Mariota 23/33 for 316 yards and 2 INT's.
Wentz 18/33 for 223 yards, 1 TD and 1 INT.

Ajayi 13 carries for 89 yards
Lewis 16 carries for 35 yards
Wentz 8 carries for 56 yards and a TD.
Mariota 4 carries for 39 yards

Taylor 7 catches for 111 yards
Walker 6 catches for 100 yards
Perkins 7 catches for 69 yards and a TD

126 tackles
124 plays

Total offense
PHI 363
TEN 374

Passing
192 v 291

Rushing
171 v 83

Was actually surprised by how "toned down' it played - which was nice!

We had 171 rushing yards but Wentz scrambled for 56 of his own so without that it's really 115 yards.
Old 12-19-2018, 02:57 PM   #2099
MVP

GJD23's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicholasandrews25
Gjd23 do you call money plays or hot route........I use play suggestions and only pick from the 3 that are given it cut down on exploiting money plays
Hey bud, I do the exact same thing as you lol. I try and call a 50/50 split between run and pass, or whatever the situation is at the time. If we're ahead and the game is nearly over I'll run the ball more, but usually to get a feel for what the defense is giving me I'll open the game 50/50 run/pass and go from there. If we're down I'll pass more...etc... just depends on the situation but I definitely don't cheese the CPU, I want a realistic challenging experience.
Old 12-19-2018, 03:00 PM   #2100
MVP

GJD23's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10
Tried to record and perform well under pressure. That went out the window. Here's AM play, and I was well distracted being on my lunch, but I needed to see the set play again.

GJD, I think the TAK value can be a very simple adjustment to make the difference. Maybe very very slight adjustment to PCV. I tried my best to switch up my coverage, and it wasn't wide open by too much.

Can post the rest of the game later (it's on pause at home):

Love the effort you put in, Matt. Really appreciate this. I will watch the video now and see if you're experiencing the same stuff. I just posted a game I played above too, but will wait for your thoughts before continuing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyler28
i definitely see your point in wanting more defensive games but a 3-0 game is very rare. Last one was in 2007 and before that 1993 and then one in 1982. So i really wouldnt have that as a "realistic "goal to try to shoot for while adjusting sliders. The current NFL is geared toward offense and i dont think madden did it intentionally but this years version is very offensive. I have been trying to tone it down. Its going to be hard to tune this years game to be geared toward defense. I wish we could get nice defensive games. Even if i am having a defensive game, like stated in a previous post one quarter ends up being a shoot out and both teams end up over 30+.
Oh nah I don't literally mean 3-0 but you get the idea. I just want to have a game here and there that is an absolute battle in the trenches. I actually quite enjoy it. More field goals and punts, lol.
Old 12-19-2018, 03:07 PM   #2101
MVP

tyler28's Arena

Quote:
Love the effort you put in, Matt. Really appreciate this. I will watch the video now and see if you're experiencing the same stuff. I just posted a game I played above too, but will wait for your thoughts before continuing.

Oh nah I don't literally mean 3-0 but you get the idea. I just want to have a game here and there that is an absolute battle in the trenches. I actually quite enjoy it. More field goals and punts, lol.
I know matt probably wants to kill me everytime i say this but raising threshold will "tone" things down and im not seeing the issues matt has stated when messing with threshold. However, a set is set up around threshold so his set may not work on an higher threshold. I have my own set based around 50. But sets are definitely unique to threshold it is the heart and soul of madden sliders this year. I would find your sweet spot w threshold then tweak.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-19-2018, 03:16 PM   #2102
Rookie

Quote:
I forget what sliders i was using, but i made a set that offense was a huge struggle for both sides. I changed them up because the defense was overpowered, so it is possible to have defensive games. I lost a game last season in my cfm 10-3. You definitely have to get penalty sliders involved to make the defenses stronger.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk
Old 12-19-2018, 03:16 PM   #2103
MVP

GJD23's Arena

Quote:
I know matt probably wants to kill me everytime i say this but raising threshold will "tone" things down and im not seeing the issues matt has stated when messing with threshold. However, a set is set up around threshold so his set may not work on an higher threshold. I have my own set based around 50. But sets are definitely unique to threshold it is the heart and soul of madden sliders this year. I would find your sweet spot w threshold then tweak.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk
Well that game I just played against Tennessee was much more toned down with threshold up to 45 from 15. Might go even higher and see what happens. But I don't want to completely throw the set out of whack, so I will see what Matt comes back with
Old 12-19-2018, 03:58 PM   #2104
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Well that game I just played against Tennessee was much more toned down with threshold up to 45 from 15. Might go even higher and see what happens. But I don't want to completely throw the set out of whack, so I will see what Matt comes back with
I think you will be fine at a higher threshold to accomplish the type of game. The issue I've had, and just experienced, in testing 45 is that the sticky blocking and tackling returns. While it's tighter, it's tighter for the wrong reasons.

Threshold is like the forcefield of players. The higher, the more pronounced the forcefield and wider range it has, so it can grab onto anything around it. When I reduce threshold, it reduces the chance of just anything getting caught around it, so the animations are more separated, the physics separated, more focus on the assignment as a result.

With that said, I do like the tighter feel on 45, but the manner in which it happens still bugs me. I can find a balance though, and most likely with the threshold or slider values. Will dig in tonight, but I'll be honest, I won't go so far down the rabbit hole as the core of the set v21 is where I would prefer it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »