Home

Matt10's Madden 19 Sliders

This is a discussion on Matt10's Madden 19 Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)

Old 12-19-2018, 09:37 PM   #2113
Pro

Jagsfan24's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Matt10's Madden 19 Sliders

I been reading some people saying the are trying this set with a higher threshold and thatís what I been saying for awhile. Using this set with a higher threshold plays great, some minor tweaks maybe but..
Old 12-19-2018, 09:40 PM   #2114
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagsfan24
I been reading some people saying the are trying this set with a higher threshold and thatís what I been saying for awhile. Using this set with a higher threshold plays great, some minor tweaks maybe but..
Only 1, including myself, to accomplish the goal of the type of the game they are looking for. I am not suggesting it because of the sacrifice in animations, but the purpose is to give an idea. I will test everything when people give me enough data, then I will put my own spin on it.

As I always say there are multiple ways to skin the cat. However, I go for animations, and not stats. Stats can be skewed, animations can't. The physics that creates actual gang tackling in a game that has been big on 1v1 WWE tackling, is what I strive for and feel like has been accomplished.

I think the adjustments to the current set can be much more subtle than simply modifying the threshold, which throws a lot out of proportion.
Old 12-19-2018, 09:55 PM   #2115
Pro

Jagsfan24's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10
Only 1, including myself, to accomplish the goal of the type of the game they are looking for. I am not suggesting it because of the sacrifice in animations, but the purpose is to give an idea. I will test everything when people give me enough data, then I will put my own spin on it.

As I always say there are multiple ways to skin the cat. However, I go for animations, and not stats. Stats can be skewed, animations can't. The physics that creates actual gang tackling in a game that has been big on 1v1 WWE tackling, is what I strive for and feel like has been accomplished.

I think the adjustments to the current set can be much more subtle than simply modifying the threshold, which throws a lot out of proportion.
Yeah Iím mean I like your set, been using this whole year so far
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-19-2018, 10:20 PM   #2116
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagsfan24
Yeah Iím mean I like your set, been using this whole year so far
I appreciate that. I just more so mean that just raising threshold is going to mean you're going to miss out on a lot of the animations and physics I've been able to let out, and instead resolve to sticky, suction-type animations that close default has. Might as well use default if that's the case.

It's not to say you won't get good statistical games, etc, but some things over-time will become an eyesore. I find myself in replays from a lower threshold than I ever have in higher thresholds. The things that can be done when you undo the threshold chains of the players is something incredible.
Old 12-20-2018, 01:50 AM   #2117
MVP

GJD23's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10
I appreciate that. I just more so mean that just raising threshold is going to mean you're going to miss out on a lot of the animations and physics I've been able to let out, and instead resolve to sticky, suction-type animations that close default has. Might as well use default if that's the case.

It's not to say you won't get good statistical games, etc, but some things over-time will become an eyesore. I find myself in replays from a lower threshold than I ever have in higher thresholds. The things that can be done when you undo the threshold chains of the players is something incredible.
Yep can understand what you mean there - hopefully whatever you find will allow a good balance
Old 12-20-2018, 06:30 AM   #2118
Rookie

Varlin's Arena

Hi Matt, do you recommend using your sliders with the default EA rosters with no trait edits?

I can see in the OP that you do mention EA default so just wondered if using a roster with IAMC's trait edits is likely to impact gameplay negatively?
Old 12-20-2018, 06:50 AM   #2119
MVP

GJD23's Arena

Just had a game with threshold back to 15, everything same as OP but tackling for both HUM/CPU from 38 to 48.

Lost to the Giants 40-32.

Manning had 429 yards and 3 touchdowns lol

Good to see that the big plays were limited, but it's just the huge amounts of offense that are still a problem.

NY had 516 yards of offense compared to our 419. Both QB's over 400 yards.
Old 12-20-2018, 06:53 AM   #2120
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varlin
Hi Matt, do you recommend using your sliders with the default EA rosters with no trait edits?

I can see in the OP that you do mention EA default so just wondered if using a roster with IAMC's trait edits is likely to impact gameplay negatively?
I don't think it will affect it negatively, no. I know some guys on here have used trait edited rosters before.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »