Home

Matt10's Madden 19 Sliders

This is a discussion on Matt10's Madden 19 Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)

Old 01-12-2019, 03:10 PM   #2457
Rookie

reMicXz's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Matt10's Madden 19 Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyler28
Ya i have no idea what sliders he was using or his qb accuracy. It was interesting is all. He would pretty much call the cpu play and then it would happen. He found some sorta pattern i guess. I dont have games like that but when its pointed out its hard to not see. Not sure when the video was done, before patches or whats his time line on it. It may not play that way now after these patches. I just feel am goes into some sorta momentum feature and the cpu becomes unstoppable at times for no reason and then i have games where i destroy the cpu on am.

Am doesnt have consistancy like ap. On am i feel sliders play out differently each game and its hard to control the crazyness or traits or whatever it is that is happening on am.

I like all pro because its consistent game to game and feels more ratings based. Unfortunately skill wise its not a challenge for long term results.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk
the inconsistency from AM stems from the artificial difficulty curve presented with the setting itself. instead of the game just being more difficult its about the same as AP but USER AI is dumbed down in crucial situations which in turn causes the bad visuals and such.

EA themselves have said that AP is the most organic mode. At face value it is, but its far too easy for players like us which is where the no switch rule comes in. Having to handicap ourselves for a formidable challenge is kinda lame.

The invincible 3rd down conversion and 4th quarter "Madden Time" as we used to call it dates back to 2001. Gotta be perfect on third down to stop a drive. and 4th quarter you better pray you catch the CPU slipping or they were mounting a come back. didnt matter if it was Jon Kitna or Kurt Warner they were gonna give you a run for your money. The scripting is there, it is a video game after all. difficult is fine, its what i think we all want but snatching away realism is just nerve racking.

Heres the survey Steve will probably have a thread every month for it
https://forums.operationsports.com/f...ty-survey.html
Old 01-12-2019, 03:21 PM   #2458
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by reMicXz
the inconsistency from AM stems from the artificial difficulty curve presented with the setting itself. instead of the game just being more difficult its about the same as AP but USER AI is dumbed down in crucial situations which in turn causes the bad visuals and such.

EA themselves have said that AP is the most organic mode. At face value it is, but its far too easy for players like us which is where the no switch rule comes in. Having to handicap ourselves for a formidable challenge is kinda lame.

The invincible 3rd down conversion and 4th quarter "Madden Time" as we used to call it dates back to 2001. Gotta be perfect on third down to stop a drive. and 4th quarter you better pray you catch the CPU slipping or they were mounting a come back. didnt matter if it was Jon Kitna or Kurt Warner they were gonna give you a run for your money. The scripting is there, it is a video game after all. difficult is fine, its what i think we all want but snatching away realism is just nerve racking.

Heres the survey Steve will probably have a thread every month for it
https://forums.operationsports.com/f...ty-survey.html
I rather have less organic and a real challege. A lot of players are more concerned with how the game looks than playing well. I enjoy losing because its realistic. Some people want a challege but want to be able to win in the end.
Old 01-12-2019, 08:30 PM   #2459
Pro

Jagsfan24's Arena

Whenever the bull**** starts to happen in madden I try to tell myself that it could happen in real life...it just can be frustrating if you have a good team and lose to a cpu that has a bad team lol. But itís normal I guess to be upset
Old 01-13-2019, 12:57 AM   #2460
Rookie

MrZombie09's Arena

I have decided to just give up on this game. I thought that maybe I just had a bad game, however I tried playing more games and the same things happen week after week. It doesn't matter if I'm playing against a 75 or a 90 ovr QB, every pass they throw goes for 10+ yards. At least once a game I am in perfect position to make a sack and somehow the QB ends up breaking the tackle and throwing a 50 yard pass across their body. I'm aware that Madden can't be perfect, but every year I try to enjoy it despite its flaws, but this year it is impossible to enjoy it with so many things wrong. We should be able to enjoy the game as is without having house rules or tinkering so much with the sliders. I think I'll just cut my losses and trade the game in while it's still worth something.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 01-13-2019, 02:13 AM   #2461
Pro

Jagsfan24's Arena

Iím starting to think the pass block slider is reversed. I have mine set at 52 while the cpu is at 27 and well Iím constantly getting pressured by the cpu, even lower tier edge rushers against high rated tackles for me...but yet I can never generate any pressure on the cpu.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-13-2019, 02:15 AM   #2462
Pro

Jagsfan24's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrZombie09
I have decided to just give up on this game. I thought that maybe I just had a bad game, however I tried playing more games and the same things happen week after week. It doesn't matter if I'm playing against a 75 or a 90 ovr QB, every pass they throw goes for 10+ yards. At least once a game I am in perfect position to make a sack and somehow the QB ends up breaking the tackle and throwing a 50 yard pass across their body. I'm aware that Madden can't be perfect, but every year I try to enjoy it despite its flaws, but this year it is impossible to enjoy it with so many things wrong. We should be able to enjoy the game as is without having house rules or tinkering so much with the sliders. I think I'll just cut my losses and trade the game in while it's still worth something.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Operation Sports mobile app
I swear this game was a lot better a few updates ago. I donít get it, I would think all these game updates would make the game better ďaccording to most peopleĒ but I seriously can not have a good fun game. Iím spending more time having to quit games, fix sliders, retry the game, quit again and fix sliders and blah blah..

Oh well I will keep trying though
Old 01-13-2019, 06:36 PM   #2463
Rookie

skundy's Arena

OVR: 1

Dude I'm no doctor but I think you have slideritus lol. I don't think the pass block slider is reversed. I have CPU pass block at 0 and I get 2-4 sacks a game against CPU (I never play DL or the rusher). I have hum pass block at default 50 and with a good Oline I allow 1-3 sacks a game, occasionally I allow no sacks but its rare, usually atleast 1.

I've never given up more than 4 sacks in a game or gotten more than 5 sacks against the CPU with my current setup.

Madden has never played better.

-Know yourself-you win 50% of the time.
-Know your opponent-you win 50% of the time.
-Know yourself and your opponent- 100%Pwng
The Art of War- Sun Tzu

Old 01-14-2019, 06:38 AM   #2464
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagsfan24
I swear this game was a lot better a few updates ago. I donít get it, I would think all these game updates would make the game better ďaccording to most peopleĒ but I seriously can not have a good fun game. Iím spending more time having to quit games, fix sliders, retry the game, quit again and fix sliders and blah blah..

Oh well I will keep trying though
This is EXACTLY what I am living through. Football is a game where unexpected things happen, I know that. But most games I play are simply no fun, because something completely out of the box happens.

Stats are not everything, but there are things that simply should not happen. Like for example, the AI QB going for 672 yards on 93%, or the AI sacking me 8 times in the first half (I have an above average O-line), or my 62 OVR nickelback picking the AI QB 5 times (I did not control that player), or the AI RB running for 280 yards on 5 carries. I could go on. Things like that take out the fun for me.

They are random, yes. But in every game there are game breaking moments like these.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »