OVR: 23
Re: Matt10's Madden 19 Sliders

Posting Version 6 now, FYI.
Old 08-13-2018, 10:56 PM   #250
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

Sorry for the delay, need to update OP, but here are the changes.

⏭ Slider Update Log

8/13/18: Okay, finally ready for Version 6. Yes, I am moving a bit fast through these versions, but it definitely does not feel that way when testing. I just put in a lot of hours and discover things that help what I'm looking to accomplish. Like a lot of slider guys, I obsess over one or two things, and just go all in. Naturally, the version updates will occur faster as a result.

Overall, I really wanted to focus on NFL type of football, and less like NCAA, which is what I had felt like the previous versions had mirrored closer to. That may be just me, but it's important that I bring that up. As much as I would like to keep rooting on the CPU to do good, I also want to face a significant challenge, and no longer want to wish them to convert 3rd downs in the name of slideritis.

With that said, here is the focus on Version 6.

- Improvement to CPU RB logic. Version 5 still had a lot of the unnecessary juke and spin animations, and not as much north-south running that I would like. I can say now Version 6 has less of this, and more direct running than ever.

- Improvement to QB pressure. I felt that there were times in which the QB could stand in the pocket all day. I want the pocket to collapse, which should result in the QB releasing the ball quicker. This should mean more forced passes and/or safer passes depending on the situation and QB.

- Tackling animations. As I've said on Version 5, I am not a fan of some tackling animations, especially when it results in warping. So, there had to be a focus here to get the tackling to be contextual and logical depending on where the tackler is going to be relative to the ball carrier. If a linebacker is running side by side the carrier, there shouldn't be a way that he can instantly bulldoze the player sideways. There needs to be a bit give and take in the animation, more of a tackle that can be still be forceful, but also showing that the linebacker leverages their weight against the ball carrier. Also still want to see the gang tackling that has been missing for a while. There is a good balance here of bad tackles, bad pursuit angles, and really good defenses showing up to do the job overall.

- Focus on penalties being called. Pretty straight forward, but you will see below that values I've chosen are ones that are impactful to gameplay and have a chance to be called. Now, there are some penalties that do not occur, and won't ever occur in this current version of Madden, but I'd rather use that absence as a way to improve other areas of the game - which of course is gameplay.

Here are the adjustments:

WR Catching: from 51/51 to 52/52
• Still pushing for the receiver to hold onto the ball despite being hit. The tackles are too on point to break up these catches, so this is a gradual rise. Currently main receivers are averaging about 3 drops a game, so I'd like to take that down to 1 or 2.

Pass Coverage: from 20/20 to 50/50
• Found a good balance here with adjusting some values, which allowed me to move this slider back to 50. I am not a fan of route mirroring, so 50 PCV was one that had to have a bit more attention for me. The reason I wanted to get to 50 is because the lower PCV values were resulting in a bit more stopping and starting, especially on the drag routes. I want the LB to at least engage on the crossing routes as well. There are a lot of values that combine to make this PCV playable now.

Tackling: from 32/32 to 29/29
• I've determined that under 30 and we start to see much better animations. To the naked eye 29 is a bit arbitrary (again), but it is the closest I would want to go without overdoing broken tackles and having contextual tackle animations. Such a delicate balance here, and it has to be finished off with the facemask penalty value to solidify the change.

Defensive Holding: from 50 to 99
• The first significant change to a previous untouched penalty value. I spent a lot of time testing this value independently, then together with another value (Illegal block in the back) and it really triggered some interesting decision making by the CPU RB. In addition to the RB, the DB/WR interaction is quite a joy to watch to see arms being pulled, slight hands on the back, etc. Does this get called? I haven't seen one - so hopefully...

Face Mask: from 45 to 40
• Another bump down for face mask to compensate for the lowering in tackle value. This is going to be make some sure tackles but not quite WWE level. So it is the portion in which we can solidify the contextual tackling animations without sacrificing good tackling performance.

Defensive Pass Interference: from 55 to 99
• Had to raise this one to work with the defensive holding, but again it seemed like this played a part in the RB behavior, especially on screen plays or dump offs. Something about how they interact with the 1) their own blockers and 2) the defenders coming after them. This is a penalty that I have seen once or twice, so there's no harm in raising it regardless.

Offensive Pass Interference: from On to Off
• This value gets a change to enhance the WR behavior in their routes, and also the defender's behavior to those routes. I know 50 PCV is going to be tighter, so any advantage we can give the receiver the better. Now, it's so important to be in-sync and hit those targets by making the right reads.

Illegal Block in the Back: from 50 to 0 (ZERO)
• This change was pretty significant and I believe the combination of the penalties here are what really allow the runners to be much more direct. I still see them looking at blocks and defenders that are not directly engaged in the play, but they look at it much later in the run, and by then they've already attempted to go towards the endzone. Do not be surprised to see the players juke and spin in certain situations though - this by no means a substitute to player trait editing. Again though, this was a penalty I never saw. I was hoping to see the animation show up, but it never did. Interestingly enough, this has allowed the KR/PR game to have a better chance of breaking open in some cases - but also some values below play a part in the formula.

Roughing the Passer: from 50 to 40
• This is one of the values that definitely shows up when you raise it, but rare when you keep it at 50 or lower it. So, why not drop it without sacrificing Pass Block gameplay slider. This brings in that extra bit of pressure, and puts the emphasis back on your pre-snap reads and depth of O-Line, and QB rating under pressure.

Roughing the Kicker: from On to Off
• Make sure and do not confuse this with Running into the Kicker. Roughing the kicker is the value that, to me, increases the aggression of the defense. This results in a honing in on the ball carrier, but also increases the chance of a bad pursuit angle at times and relative to the player's rating, etc. This again is all about your pre-snap reads, and audibling when you see a safety come up at the LOS, etc.
Old 08-13-2018, 11:06 PM   #251
MVP

Rmiok222's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10
Sorry for the delay, need to update OP, but here are the changes.

Slider Update Log

8/13/18: Okay, finally ready for Version 6. Yes, I am moving a bit fast through these versions, but it definitely does not feel that way when testing. I just put in a lot of hours and discover things that help what I'm looking to accomplish. Like a lot of slider guys, I obsess over one or two things, and just go all in. Naturally, the version updates will occur faster as a result.

Overall, I really wanted to focus on NFL type of football, and less like NCAA, which is what I had felt like the previous versions had mirrored closer to. That may be just me, but it's important that I bring that up. As much as I would like to keep rooting on the CPU to do good, I also want to face a significant challenge, and no longer want to wish them to convert 3rd downs in the name of slideritis.

With that said, here is the focus on Version 6.

- Improvement to CPU RB logic. Version 5 still had a lot of the unnecessary juke and spin animations, and not as much north-south running that I would like. I can say now Version 6 has less of this, and more direct running than ever.

- Improvement to QB pressure. I felt that there were times in which the QB could stand in the pocket all day. I want the pocket to collapse, which should result in the QB releasing the ball quicker. This should mean more forced passes and/or safer passes depending on the situation and QB.

- Tackling animations. As I've said on Version 5, I am not a fan of some tackling animations, especially when it results in warping. So, there had to be a focus here to get the tackling to be contextual and logical depending on where the tackler is going to be relative to the ball carrier. If a linebacker is running side by side the carrier, there shouldn't be a way that he can instantly bulldoze the player sideways. There needs to be a bit give and take in the animation, more of a tackle that can be still be forceful, but also showing that the linebacker leverages their weight against the ball carrier. Also still want to see the gang tackling that has been missing for a while. There is a good balance here of bad tackles, bad pursuit angles, and really good defenses showing up to do the job overall.

- Focus on penalties being called. Pretty straight forward, but you will see below that values I've chosen are ones that are impactful to gameplay and have a chance to be called. Now, there are some penalties that do not occur, and won't ever occur in this current version of Madden, but I'd rather use that absence as a way to improve other areas of the game - which of course is gameplay.

Here are the adjustments:

WR Catching: from 51/51 to 52/52

• Still pushing for the receiver to hold onto the ball despite being hit. The tackles are too on point to break up these catches, so this is a gradual rise. Currently main receivers are averaging about 3 drops a game, so I'd like to take that down to 1 or 2.

Pass Coverage: from 20/20 to 50/50

• Found a good balance here with adjusting some values, which allowed me to move this slider back to 50. I am not a fan of route mirroring, so 50 PCV was one that had to have a bit more attention for me. The reason I wanted to get to 50 is because the lower PCV values were resulting in a bit more stopping and starting, especially on the drag routes. I want the LB to at least engage on the crossing routes as well. There are a lot of values that combine to make this PCV playable now.

Tackling: from 32/32 to 29/29

• I've determined that under 30 and we start to see much better animations. To the naked eye 29 is a bit arbitrary (again), but it is the closest I would want to go without overdoing broken tackles and having contextual tackle animations. Such a delicate balance here, and it has to be finished off with the facemask penalty value to solidify the change.

Defensive Holding: from 50 to 99

• The first significant change to a previous untouched penalty value. I spent a lot of time testing this value independently, then together with another value (Illegal block in the back) and it really triggered some interesting decision making by the CPU RB. In addition to the RB, the DB/WR interaction is quite a joy to watch to see arms being pulled, slight hands on the back, etc. Does this get called? I haven't seen one - so hopefully...

Face Mask: from 45 to 40

• Another bump down for face mask to compensate for the lowering in tackle value. This is going to be make some sure tackles but not quite WWE level. So it is the portion in which we can solidify the contextual tackling animations without sacrificing good tackling performance.

Defensive Pass Interference: from 55 to 99

• Had to raise this one to work with the defensive holding, but again it seemed like this played a part in the RB behavior, especially on screen plays or dump offs. Something about how they interact with the 1) their own blockers and 2) the defenders coming after them. This is a penalty that I have seen once or twice, so there's no harm in raising it regardless.

Offensive Pass Interference: from On to Off

• This value gets a change to enhance the WR behavior in their routes, and also the defender's behavior to those routes. I know 50 PCV is going to be tighter, so any advantage we can give the receiver the better. Now, it's so important to be in-sync and hit those targets by making the right reads.

Illegal Block in the Back: from 50 to 0 (ZERO)

• This change was pretty significant and I believe the combination of the penalties here are what really allow the runners to be much more direct. I still see them looking at blocks and defenders that are not directly engaged in the play, but they look at it much later in the run, and by then they've already attempted to go towards the endzone. Do not be surprised to see the players juke and spin in certain situations though - this by no means a substitute to player trait editing. Again though, this was a penalty I never saw. I was hoping to see the animation show up, but it never did. Interestingly enough, this has allowed the KR/PR game to have a better chance of breaking open in some cases - but also some values below play a part in the formula.

Roughing the Passer: from 50 to 40

• This is one of the values that definitely shows up when you raise it, but rare when you keep it at 50 or lower it. So, why not drop it without sacrificing Pass Block gameplay slider. This brings in that extra bit of pressure, and puts the emphasis back on your pre-snap reads and depth of O-Line, and QB rating under pressure.

Roughing the Kicker: from On to Off

• Make sure and do not confuse this with Running into the Kicker. Roughing the kicker is the value that, to me, increases the aggression of the defense. This results in a honing in on the ball carrier, but also increases the chance of a bad pursuit angle at times and relative to the player's rating, etc. This again is all about your pre-snap reads, and audibling when you see a safety come up at the LOS, etc.

Matt. I’m pumped to use this and equally pumped to **** the kicker up every play with no consequences. Thank you for your work

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2018, 11:47 PM   #252
Pro

Jagsfan24's Arena

I figured penalties would play a big factor. Hopefully the DPI and DH sliders will help with my coverages because my corners can’t cover for nothing a lot of times, especially in man coverage
Old 08-13-2018, 11:48 PM   #253
Pro

Jagsfan24's Arena

Oh and would slow game speed work on here or normal only?
Old 08-14-2018, 01:07 AM   #254
Rookie

OVR: 2
Matt10's Madden 19 Sliders

First off, great work with these sliders Matt. You’re putting in all this work and everyone in this thread is reaping the benefits. You’re killing it man

First game of V6

Me (32) vs Titans (15)

———The Good——
- Coverage is way tighter but not to the point where you feel like players are warping and making super man stops. Every yard gained feels earned not taken.

- The Titans handed the ball off to their back, 19 times!!!!!

- Mariota tore my coverage up

- Dez was still able to get 160 yards for me

- Titans One receiver had 170 yards on me

- Overall tougher game

———-The Bad———-

- no sacks. Idk if this was just this game, but I was barely getting any pressure on the QB. Only on play actions.

- my linebacker went from 10 tackles last game to 4. Right in madden fashion, all the tackles on your team go to the corners and Dt’s SMH

- CPU missed two awful 50 + field goals. Straight low line drives

- Was still able to hit over 70 % completion percentage with Lamar Jackson. I feel like that needs to drop to about high 50’s low 60’s. Might drop my QB accuracy to 45 again.

————-The Ugly————-

- with 19 attempts, The CPU RB only got 28 yards. There was no juking or spinning, just my Defense getting into the backfield early every run play

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Washington Redskins
Chris Paul & John Wall

Last edited by wideout1234; 08-14-2018 at 01:12 AM.
Old 08-14-2018, 02:50 AM   #255
Rookie

jgreengutta's Arena

that boy matt goin in
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2018, 03:26 AM   #256
Pro

BlackLightning3's Arena

OVR: 2

Streaming Matt10V6 All-Madden http://www.youtube.com/slickescobar

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »