Home

Matt10's Madden 19 Sliders

This is a discussion on Matt10's Madden 19 Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-30-2019, 10:50 PM   #2553
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: Matt10's Madden 19 Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yerner
i think these are easy now.
I agree, I have been play franchise with these and I'm in week 13 and it fun but It feels too easy

Sent from my SM-G950U using Operation Sports mobile app

Last edited by PanthersFan89; 01-31-2019 at 12:23 PM.
Old 01-31-2019, 06:25 AM   #2554
Rookie

On the offense, this set plays really well, the only thing I still don't like that much is how many pass deflections linebackers can get.

I played a 10 minutes per quarter game as the Patriots vs. the Seahawks and Bobby Wagner had 6 deflections at the end and K.J. Wright had 2. The most frustrating deflections are the ones when you through deep over the middle and the MLB jumps up with perfect timing, deflecting the ball at the highest point of the jump.

The running game really depends on the defense you play against. Sometimes I still get 5.5 per attempt (excluding big plays) while against good defenses it's between 3.5 and 4.

And I think tackling could be a little higher. In the mentioned game vs. the Seahawks I had 2 punt return TDs and lots of 20+ yard runs due to 2 or 3 defenders being unabled to tackle small backs/returners like White and Edelman.

On the defensive side of the ball, I noticed that when not under pressure, even bad QBs easily get 90% completions with 20yards per catch. The player AI is unable to defend the area between the deep zones and the short zones, the distance between my LBs and my Safeties is often 20+ yards on all zone concepts.
I often get more interceptions than incompletions on defense while controlling a defensive lineman and those incompletions mostly happen when the QB throws the ball away randomly, which seems like an error in the computation of the pressure on the QB. And since the passing works so well, the AI rarely runs the ball on the ground, but it has normal stats on that as well.
Old 01-31-2019, 10:42 AM   #2555
Rookie

Im looking at trying these sliders since the last update has thrown my defense out of wack, but I was curious about how playing defense with these sliders felt?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-31-2019, 12:48 PM   #2556
Rookie

I haven't been using Matt's exact sliders, but before patch 1.18 I used them as a base and ended up getting my favorite gameplay from Madden 19.

Since 1.18, things are definitely different. I didn't think they were initially, because coverage is tight, and there are a lot of contested catches/drops. I'm used to Madden's coverage overall being loose, so I thought nothing really changed and the sliders were fine.

What I've found since is that the PDRT/Coverage sliders don't appear to act the same way they did pre-patch. To me, PDRT helped tighten things up and I remember on patch 1.17 I tried PDRT at 0, and found extremely tight coverage. Then I tried 25, and loved the results. Now, I coudn't tell you what these sliders do from 0-100. I can't figure it out, and I know a lot less about the sliders than most on this site.

I have tried various PDRT/Coverage combinations, and can't get the right feel. I have tried putting players Man Coverage at 1, and they still mirror certain routes, but react slowly to the ball when thrown. I also do my test games using a roster of backup caliber players, and they don't cover like backups at all. Try running corner routes against man coverage. These routes are usually cheese in Madden, and now, I'm not seeing them be effective at all. Something is up, and I don't know what it is.

Not sure if any of this helps. Sorry for the long post. I just wanted to chime in and hopefully help the conversation.
Old 01-31-2019, 12:53 PM   #2557
MVP

Jagsfan24's Arena

Idk if I found the right sliders for the cpu qb accuracy thing but I have mine set at 35 and I see some bad throws from all qbs, mostly the bad ones. So you guys can try that and see
Old 01-31-2019, 01:27 PM   #2558
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagsfan24
Idk if I found the right sliders for the cpu qb accuracy thing but I have mine set at 35 and I see some bad throws from all qbs, mostly the bad ones. So you guys can try that and see
Do you keep the Player Interception rating at 35 then?

My player defense AI had 5 interceptions vs. Russell Wilson and that is too much to have fun games.
Old 01-31-2019, 02:17 PM   #2559
Rookie

Yeah, Im finding play action is working too well for my offense. Always, open. And the cpu offense isn't scoring much on my team, but I do have a good team and they are playing more like the quality would be expected to. These are close but not quite challenging like they were.

Has anyone tried just default sliders since the update?

Last edited by Yerner; 01-31-2019 at 02:24 PM.
Old 01-31-2019, 03:33 PM   #2560
MVP

Jagsfan24's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobbert
Do you keep the Player Interception rating at 35 then?

My player defense AI had 5 interceptions vs. Russell Wilson and that is too much to have fun games.
I have my int slider at 35 still and I haven’t gotten many into lately, though I started a jets franchise and on madden their corners are average to decent so I’m not being a int crazy person.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »