Home

Old 02-04-2019, 09:37 PM   #2585
MVP

MLamm's Arena

OVR: 4
Matt10's Madden 19 Sliders

Played a game as the Patriots against the Texans. Won 10-7 with a classic game winning NE drive.

Had a lot of fun as this was a great defensive battle. The backs really bailed me out with passes out of the backfield.

On my mobile so sorry if the stats are hard to read.

Brady: 19-33, 214 yds, 1 INT
Watson: 10-19, 158 yds, 1 INT,

Pats rushing: 34 carries for 106yds, 1TD
Texans rushing: 31 carries for 113 yds

Patriots D: 4 sacks, 1 int
Texans: 1 sack, 1 int

Notes:
I had a 17 play, 6 minute (9min Q) drive to score. The Texans made a great catch that my corner tried to jump and just missed to put them in long fg range and missed the kick.

Also the Texans pass rush was all over me. Multiple times I had to keep a RB in the backfield to block just so I could get a pass off.

Overall very fun and one of the better grind it out games Iíve had in a while.

My only gripe was there was 0 penalties, but weíll see how that changes moving forward.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-04-2019, 09:40 PM   #2586
MVP

MLamm's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Matt10's Madden 19 Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackLightning3
Screen passes seem to be all about timing. If the time of the throw is off it messes up the blocking for some reason.

I converted multiple screens on obvious blitzing downs last game, one for 25 yards. The key for me is to keep my finger off of the sprint button until Iím in the open field. If i try to outrun my blocking, i either get eaten up or tangled up in the oline.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 02-05-2019, 12:55 AM   #2587
Pro

Jagsfan24's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackLightning3
Screen passes seem to be all about timing. If the time of the throw is off it messes up the blocking for some reason.
This years madden is the only madden I can not have luck running a screen play, my rb is usually too slow getting in position when the pass rush is in my face or thereís a DT sitting there the moment I throw the ball
Old 02-05-2019, 03:21 AM   #2588
Rookie

skundy's Arena

OVR: 1

If you call screen and its not a blitz, specifically a blitz to that side, you might as well hang it up, you won't get jack diddly out of the screen. Also, the better DE's your opponent has, the lower your chances.

I have success with screens quite often in the right situations. Sometimes screens just get blown the f*ck up no matter what. Such is the nature of a high risk play like a screen.

-Know yourself-you win 50% of the time.
-Know your opponent-you win 50% of the time.
-Know yourself and your opponent- 100%Pwng
The Art of War- Sun Tzu

Old 02-05-2019, 11:47 AM   #2589
Pro

Jagsfan24's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by skundy
If you call screen and its not a blitz, specifically a blitz to that side, you might as well hang it up, you won't get jack diddly out of the screen. Also, the better DE's your opponent has, the lower your chances.

I have success with screens quite often in the right situations. Sometimes screens just get blown the f*ck up no matter what. Such is the nature of a high risk play like a screen.
I was told or i read early on that you can't call screens all the time or in obvious situations....well i could go games without calling a screen or i could call it on the first play of the game and it still gets blown up, so i just gave up calling them
Old 02-05-2019, 12:06 PM   #2590
Rookie

What I think is really strange with screens is how often D-Lineman instantly give up on the pass rush to cover the RB. And since the RB tends to get stuck on some other players, the ball will inevitably be swatted.

On the other hand, if there are receivers running routes on the RB screen, they often seem to be uncovered, but I didn't really test that a lot.

Sadly, the CPU doesn't call screens often, but when they, do, they normally work fine, 5-15 yards from what I remember.
Old 02-05-2019, 10:19 PM   #2591
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

Slider Update Log

2/5/19 - Just a brief update, I've been working fairly cautiously here going back and forth between changes and Version 23. The thing is, this update has made a lot of games inconsistent, so I am trying to find the consistent issue overall.

The consistent issue I'm seeing is the OL/DL interaction back to very sticky, no sense of a pocket being created. The QB has all day to throw.

I'm also seeing more canned animations in coverage/playing on the ball. A DB could be covering fine, but once the ball is in the air, both the DB and WR go into a preset/canned animation to interact with the ball. This leads me to believe something may be acting up with the threshold + PCV/INT/PDR values.

Still working through it. Sorry it's taken a bit of time. Thanks!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-05-2019, 10:23 PM   #2592
Rookie

Weíre waiting patiently my man

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »