Home

Matt10's Madden 19 Sliders

This is a discussion on Matt10's Madden 19 Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-18-2019, 02:20 PM   #2681
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: Matt10's Madden 19 Sliders

Thanks for the feedback everyone. So far, nothing really stands out as reporting feedback is inconsistent - which isn't the worst thing in the world. Confirms that there is variety game-to-game, user-to-user.

Only thing I may look into is address CPU RB just being a tad less spin-dominant. Seeing just a tad bit at the LOS or when they could break for a gain versus getting tackled.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-18-2019, 02:38 PM   #2682
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobbert
From my first impression, the new sliders play quite nice.

I noticed that the CPU running game is really, really bad, I managed to get 10 TFLs on 15 attempts (as the Pats vs. the Redskins) without controlling the tackler most of the time.

Another thing that I noticed is that the pass rush is now weaker, I got some pressure on the QB, but on ~70% of offensive plays for both Players and CPU, there is no pressure at all for 3 to 4 seconds. And it seems that pressure is the real difference-maker concerning CPU QB performance.

The CPU QB is still either throwing stupid interceptions or playing perfectly for a whole drive, most incompletions were dropped passes and deflections, I only remember one bad throw on 30 passes.

I had lots of drops on my Receivers, I may bump WR Catching up by 2 or 3 points personally.
Interceptions may be a tiny bit too high as well, but I should play a few more games before I changed that (and the WR catching).
After playing some more games, it seems like the CPU has a much easier time making interceptions than the non-player controlled defense, which often can't catch really easy ones.

Swing passes to the RBs never seem to work for me, I am always being tackled behind the LOS even though the closest LB often is somewhere between the hashes when I throw the pass.

I also am quite successful with RB screens, which I appreciate a lot.

The 'issues' from my older post seem to occur in all games, but I would say the QB performance is on a realistic level, so I wouldn't call it an issue anymore.

The CPU RBs managed to make between 1.3 and 3.2 yards per carry and consequently often gives up on running halfway through the game (I played vs. the Redskins, Browns and Titans today, which aren't that bad in the run game...).

Players drops were 20% of my attempts or 80% of my incompletions last game with about 66% with uncovered receivers, anyone else experiencing this?
Old 02-18-2019, 04:51 PM   #2683
Pro

drj32's Arena

OVR: 8

Pass rush has disappeared for several games.

I'm seeing some freaky things when I lower CPU pass blocking to 10 and raise offsides to 60 in an attempt to generate more user pass rush...

The defensive linemen actually turn AWAY from a clear path to the QB and prefer playing pattycake with Offensive linemen instead. He ABANDONS the pass rush and goes straight into the OL arms like he needs a hug.

I had to forget the offsides and go back to CPU pass block as it was.

Is there some way to generate more pass rush? Pass blocking slider seems broken at 10 and 20 didnt help either.
Old 02-18-2019, 05:12 PM   #2684
MVP

drae2's Arena

OVR: 13

Matt I'm only one game in but i really like how the game feels..no crazy animations yet..got a lil running game going too. But a question..does the minutes that you play effect gameplay?
Old 02-18-2019, 05:18 PM   #2685
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobbert
After playing some more games, it seems like the CPU has a much easier time making interceptions than the non-player controlled defense, which often can't catch really easy ones.

Swing passes to the RBs never seem to work for me, I am always being tackled behind the LOS even though the closest LB often is somewhere between the hashes when I throw the pass.

I also am quite successful with RB screens, which I appreciate a lot.

The 'issues' from my older post seem to occur in all games, but I would say the QB performance is on a realistic level, so I wouldn't call it an issue anymore.

The CPU RBs managed to make between 1.3 and 3.2 yards per carry and consequently often gives up on running halfway through the game (I played vs. the Redskins, Browns and Titans today, which aren't that bad in the run game...).

Players drops were 20% of my attempts or 80% of my incompletions last game with about 66% with uncovered receivers, anyone else experiencing this?

Yes, tons of drops. Like 10-15 a game. I use his sliders to a T except USER WR catching. I have it at 65 and I feel it’s been realistic. Drops here and here from my best WRs and a decent amount from guys with low catch ratings

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-18-2019, 05:23 PM   #2686
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by drae2
Matt I'm only one game in but i really like how the game feels..no crazy animations yet..got a lil running game going too. But a question..does the minutes that you play effect gameplay?
The only part it affects is playcalling, basically squeezing in more players, etc. Other than that, it should be fine as is. I usually take my time in picking plays, so 9 minutes has been good to get the NFL average plays in.
Old 02-18-2019, 05:29 PM   #2687
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoyyPace
Yes, tons of drops. Like 10-15 a game. I use his sliders to a T except USER WR catching. I have it at 65 and I feel it’s been realistic. Drops here and here from my best WRs and a decent amount from guys with low catch ratings

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
10-15 a game means at least 5 a quarter. I watched Escobar play the other night and there were 5 total between both teams - that is the average I've experienced as well. Are you throwing into tight spaces and to a receiver with low CIT ratings?
Old 02-18-2019, 05:41 PM   #2688
Pro

drj32's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by drj32
Pass rush has disappeared for several games.

I'm seeing some freaky things when I lower CPU pass blocking to 10 and raise offsides to 60 in an attempt to generate more user pass rush...

The defensive linemen actually turn AWAY from a clear path to the QB and prefer playing pattycake with Offensive linemen instead. He ABANDONS the pass rush and goes straight into the OL arms like he needs a hug.

I had to forget the offsides and go back to CPU pass block as it was.

Is there some way to generate more pass rush? Pass blocking slider seems broken at 10 and 20 didnt help either.
Matt, can you respond to this please? thanks

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »