Home

Old 08-14-2018, 09:50 AM   #265
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: Matt10's Madden 19 Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10
Thanks, man. Yeah, the drops are another fine balance. It's like do we want good tackling that is contextual, but also not weak to the point every run is a broken tackle; or do we want the receivers to hold onto the ball everytime?

I think this one is fairly simple, in theory, to adjust the WRC value. My hesitation with it, is the types of catches made by the receivers and whether or not they will be legit jarred hits.

Will continue to monitor it though. Thanks again.
Wats up Matt ima bout to test V6 out now I will give you my feed bac plus pics of stats n report any funny business

Sent from my VK810 4G using Operation Sports mobile app
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2018, 09:51 AM   #266
Rookie

Is the pass blocking slider reversed? I've seen that mentioned on a couple other forums, so this may be why you can't seem to get natural pressure.
Old 08-14-2018, 10:05 AM   #267
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjatkins1130
Is the pass blocking slider reversed? I've seen that mentioned on a couple other forums, so this may be why you can't seem to get natural pressure.

Pass Defense Reaction

&

Pass Blocking are reversed
Old 08-14-2018, 10:20 AM   #268
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by C0883R
Pass Defense Reaction

&

Pass Blocking are reversed

If isolated, maybe so, but sliders are all relevant to eachother. Thankfully this isn't a thread to debunk or prove isolated values. In terms of my testing, I haven't seen PCV to be reversed. This can be seen by placing the value at Zero thru 30 and noticing the DB/LB go to a dead stop as the receiver runs their route. Versus at 50 where you see the DB/LB anticipates the route a bit earlier.

For Pass blocking, this is relevant to PBL + Holding value, which is what this set focuses on. The PBL values are lower, but are compensated by lowering the offensive holding penalty. If you were to raise the penalty past 50, then there would be more shedding. Issue here is the holding value isn't isolated to just passing as it also helps the run game.
Old 08-14-2018, 10:23 AM   #269
Rookie

No worries, Matt! I think the sliders play great, just trying to help. Another quick question, what are your thoughts on the quarter length and accelerated clock? I've normally played 15 min 15 accel clock, as I figured that was most realistic. Any reasoning behind taking the accel clock off?
Old 08-14-2018, 10:29 AM   #270
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

Quote:
No worries, Matt! I think the sliders play great, just trying to help. Another quick question, what are your thoughts on the quarter length and accelerated clock? I've normally played 15 min 15 accel clock, as I figured that was most realistic. Any reasoning behind taking the accel clock off?
No worries, thanks, I'm always looking into these things too, and actually had not spent much time on those values in a while.

There's no real reason, I just felt that 9 minutes with accel off just played good and it averages about 15 minutes a quarter, so about an hour long game. Not too short that you can't get into it, and not too long that it feels like you're flying by the season. I also believe it comes up with a good average # of plays.

You are definitely free to use whatever (I should put that in OP) set up that works though. I may even try accel clock as my time to play has shortened quite a bit with other projects upcoming
Old 08-14-2018, 10:54 AM   #271
Rookie

I am liking your sliders. I do have a few issues that irritate me.

1. I was the Texans playing against NE and while I only played half a game. There were no penalty's called for either team. Not a big deal I know but I just think it breaks immersion to much to go a half a game with out penalty's which i am sure if i was getting penalty's would make yardage and attempts per quarter a little more realistic. Since the game doesn't call penalty's much anyways playing with penalty's turned off make me feel a little uneasy anyways.

2. I like to control my Defensive Line when the CPU has the ball. I tried my hardest and I couldn't get to the QB not 1 time in 2 quarters.

(I really believe your pass block for CPU is to low)

The running and passing is good though.

I think if you could work on being able to at least make it a little easier for the HUM to put more pressure on the QB and have the game call more penalty's without having to turn off penalty's it would be almost perfect.

I am enjoying your sliders and I look forward to your future updates.

Keep up the good work.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2018, 11:31 AM   #272
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by C0883R
I am liking your sliders. I do have a few issues that irritate me.

1. I was the Texans playing against NE and while I only played half a game. There were no penalty's called for either team. Not a big deal I know but I just think it breaks immersion to much to go a half a game with out penalty's which i am sure if i was getting penalty's would make yardage and attempts per quarter a little more realistic. Since the game doesn't call penalty's much anyways playing with penalty's turned off make me feel a little uneasy anyways.

2. I like to control my Defensive Line when the CPU has the ball. I tried my hardest and I couldn't get to the QB not 1 time in 2 quarters.

(I really believe your pass block for CPU is to low)

The running and passing is good though.

I think if you could work on being able to at least make it a little easier for the HUM to put more pressure on the QB and have the game call more penalty's without having to turn off penalty's it would be almost perfect.

I am enjoying your sliders and I look forward to your future updates.

Keep up the good work.
Right, some of these are values that do not get called anyways. You will still see holding, offsides/encroachment and the occasional false start. Those are the Top 3 that I have seen. Illegal touching when it is relevant as well. DPI will occur when there is a collision, but it does not seem to appear when the actual animation takes place. More sample sizes needed.

I sacked Brady 3x yesterday, and have sacked Rivers (joyfully) late last night...boy that sounds wrong and good at the same time. I control Bailey (Chiefs) and have gotten off these blocks. I'm working on uploading the game (currently 4th quarter) as well.

Overall, play more games, and these areas will come into play. There's definitely room for improvement, and I definitely want there to be penalties, but I will sacrifice some of them (facemask for example) for a good gameplay combo.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »