Home
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-15-2018, 01:59 AM   #337
Rookie
 
KidsAreAsleep's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Apr 2018
Re: Matt10's Madden 19 Sliders

So, some quick notes after my Version 7 testing...

1. Pressure on the quarterback was much better. I was actually able to get some sacks as well as the CPU.

2. Running back directness is still not good. I would even say that it is worse than version 5, which is the last I played. Too many times the CPU running back had a wide open hole right in front of him and he would juke away from it.

3. Both CPU and human run game took a step back. Neither team was able to get any sort of run game going. I think version 5 was much better in this regard as well.

4. I am still seeing what I would consider "warping" by defenders on pass plays. Although, I really enjoyed seeing the pass break ups by the DB's. More specifically, when the WR caught the ball and then the DB punched it out before it was actually considered a completion.

5. The other thing that is really bothering me is the "jogging" by some of the players. Specifically, on kick and punt returns. I also had it on a pick 6. This has been the case for all versions, and I am not sure if this is really something that can be fixed by sliders. I think it is a programming issue.

Overall, I was not a fan of Version 7 after this one game. I know it is a very small sample size, but I am just sharing my experience with it. As it relates to my playing style and ability, I thought version 5 played better. Although, I did not like the warping. I think I need to give version 6 a shot and see how I feel about it. I may also need to check out some of these roster edits to help with the running back directness. The more I play, the more frustrated I get with the CPU running back.
__________________
Kids Are Asleep Gaming

YouTube Channel:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfb...B8QRdC0QWSRTIg

Twitch Channel:https://www.twitch.tv/kidsareasleepgaming
KidsAreAsleep is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2018, 02:00 AM   #338
Pro
 
BlackLightning3's Arena
 
OVR: 2
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Houston, TX
Re: Matt10's Madden 19 Sliders

Streaming Version 7 on my YouTube now
__________________
PSN: Escobar
YouTube: Slick Escobar
BlackLightning3 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2018, 03:09 AM   #339
MVP
 
OVR: 13
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Re: Matt10's Madden 19 Sliders

Finished a game on v7, beat the Packers as Bears 26-7. Packers went 0-7 on third down, sacked Rodgers 3 times and he lost 2 fumbles on those.

QB numbers were in line, and I rushed 191 yards on 43 carries, they rushed 56 yards with a 3.7 average on 15 attempts.

Running game was great for me, I'd have small runs, medium runs, and big runs. A good mix. As for the CPU, I'll echo what was said above, it still seems when the CPU could have a hole if they kept following a straight path, they'd initiate a sloooww juke animation, and of course then get swarmed. And also the fact being, even though this was the Packers, the CPU seems to HATE running the ball, so few attempts.

Which makes me wonder if it's an issue like how it was in the NCAA series, where the CPU simply stops running the ball because of a hard coded fatigue issue. That of course was fixed with turning fatigue off, which then seemed to compute to the CPU that it was "safe" to run the ball with a "tired" player. God, I hope not

Also had 3 injuries in the game, all my team, and lost the starting TE for the season.
Von Dozier is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2018, 06:33 AM   #340
Rookie
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Aug 2016
Re: Matt10's Madden 19 Sliders

Played my opening season game Pats (me) vs Texans . Won the game 35-17 . Some notes from the game .

1. Watson's first pass was a pick 6. Actually, Watson played terrible with no tds and 4 pics (1 from garbage time). It was a rainy game , and I'm not going to judge of small sample size.

2. Cpu drops were everywhere . Will fuller I believe had 4 or 5 himself, and Hopkins was barely targeted.

3. Michel had a great game running , 18 for 90 yards . I liked the mix between him and white.

4. I'm not on V7, so I'll have to update to that. Overall, it was a fun game ! I believe I got the jags next, we'll see how my offense looks against that Defense!


Sent from my SM-N920V using Operation Sports mobile app
G burn14 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2018, 06:57 AM   #341
Hall Of Fame
 
Matt10's Arena
 
OVR: 23
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Overland Park, KS
Posts: 15,111
Re: Matt10's Madden 19 Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by KidsAreAsleep
So, some quick notes after my Version 7 testing...

1. Pressure on the quarterback was much better. I was actually able to get some sacks as well as the CPU.

2. Running back directness is still not good. I would even say that it is worse than version 5, which is the last I played. Too many times the CPU running back had a wide open hole right in front of him and he would juke away from it.

3. Both CPU and human run game took a step back. Neither team was able to get any sort of run game going. I think version 5 was much better in this regard as well.

4. I am still seeing what I would consider "warping" by defenders on pass plays. Although, I really enjoyed seeing the pass break ups by the DB's. More specifically, when the WR caught the ball and then the DB punched it out before it was actually considered a completion.

5. The other thing that is really bothering me is the "jogging" by some of the players. Specifically, on kick and punt returns. I also had it on a pick 6. This has been the case for all versions, and I am not sure if this is really something that can be fixed by sliders. I think it is a programming issue.

Overall, I was not a fan of Version 7 after this one game. I know it is a very small sample size, but I am just sharing my experience with it. As it relates to my playing style and ability, I thought version 5 played better. Although, I did not like the warping. I think I need to give version 6 a shot and see how I feel about it. I may also need to check out some of these roster edits to help with the running back directness. The more I play, the more frustrated I get with the CPU running back.
Thanks for streaming, man. Enjoyed it again. Love your energy and interaction.

A couple things, and I think I should've addressed this in the OP, but this Version 7 was not to affect the run game. The changes made were only to address the following:

- QB pressure
- Defender reaction to ball in the air
- Penalties

The main focus was to get the passing game on point. From what I've viewed in your stream (thanks for archiving) those areas were all accomplished. Yes, the first pass deflection was a bit of a warp, but after that, there was a mix of batted down balls, punched hits, jarred hits, good variety overall. I did not see any other warping other than that though. I like that Brady threw a pick to Orakpo as well, however the velocity of the pass did not seem to be super believable to be caught like that, but I am not sure of Orakpo's stats currently.

Version 6 has the same settings and effect that Version 7. Version 7 just enhanced the passing offense/defense.

The directness of the RB is more improved on both Version 6 & 7 as a result, but it is by no means a fix to the occasional juking and spins. This is still under development as you know there are many variables to consider here. The fact that the CPU RB ran 12 other times (14 carries total) without needless juking and spinning, to me, is a very positive sign. I would have preferred they ran 12 more times afterwards, to really see a sample size. However, I live in the space that if it happens once, there is an issue - so I am completely understanding where you're coming from. It is what keeps me awake at night...lol

Regarding the jogging, yeah, this isn't controllable by sliders unfortunately. We saw this in the beta videos and then retail. It's a terrible look on the KR/PR, and I've been trying to figure it out myself.

Overall, I really appreciate it. I understand you may roll with the edits, etc. I definitely do not discourage that as I was a long time re-rate guy for Madden, even ran a franchise report here with a completely re-rated Madden 2006 & 2007. Just keep in mind that these are still early days. I update the versions every day, but the fact that Version 7 produced good passing stats and gameplay, then the first cycle of my cleanup versions are doing what they're supposed to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Dozier
Finished a game on v7, beat the Packers as Bears 26-7. Packers went 0-7 on third down, sacked Rodgers 3 times and he lost 2 fumbles on those.

QB numbers were in line, and I rushed 191 yards on 43 carries, they rushed 56 yards with a 3.7 average on 15 attempts.

Running game was great for me, I'd have small runs, medium runs, and big runs. A good mix. As for the CPU, I'll echo what was said above, it still seems when the CPU could have a hole if they kept following a straight path, they'd initiate a sloooww juke animation, and of course then get swarmed. And also the fact being, even though this was the Packers, the CPU seems to HATE running the ball, so few attempts.

Which makes me wonder if it's an issue like how it was in the NCAA series, where the CPU simply stops running the ball because of a hard coded fatigue issue. That of course was fixed with turning fatigue off, which then seemed to compute to the CPU that it was "safe" to run the ball with a "tired" player. God, I hope not

Also had 3 injuries in the game, all my team, and lost the starting TE for the season.
Hey man, thanks for testing.

Good averages there, so that tells me they weren't just juking and spinning constantly I'd hope. As I said above, it's definitely one of those things high on the list. It's just at a point where other areas had to be addressed first. Sacking Rodgers 3 times, do you recall what kind of sacks? Coverage or did he run into the DL?

Quote:
Originally Posted by G burn14
Played my opening season game Pats (me) vs Texans . Won the game 35-17 . Some notes from the game .

1. Watson's first pass was a pick 6. Actually, Watson played terrible with no tds and 4 pics (1 from garbage time). It was a rainy game , and I'm not going to judge of small sample size.

2. Cpu drops were everywhere . Will fuller I believe had 4 or 5 himself, and Hopkins was barely targeted.

3. Michel had a great game running , 18 for 90 yards . I liked the mix between him and white.

4. I'm not on V7, so I'll have to update to that. Overall, it was a fun game ! I believe I got the jags next, we'll see how my offense looks against that Defense!


Sent from my SM-N920V using Operation Sports mobile app
These were the areas I believe version 7 helped with. Definitely try it out and take note of the passing game. Appreciate you giving them a go.
__________________
Youtube - subscribe!
Matt10 is online now  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2018, 08:03 AM   #342
Rookie
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Aug 2016
Re: Matt10's Madden 19 Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10
Thanks for streaming, man. Enjoyed it again. Love your energy and interaction.

A couple things, and I think I should've addressed this in the OP, but this Version 7 was not to affect the run game. The changes made were only to address the following:

- QB pressure
- Defender reaction to ball in the air
- Penalties

The main focus was to get the passing game on point. From what I've viewed in your stream (thanks for archiving) those areas were all accomplished. Yes, the first pass deflection was a bit of a warp, but after that, there was a mix of batted down balls, punched hits, jarred hits, good variety overall. I did not see any other warping other than that though. I like that Brady threw a pick to Orakpo as well, however the velocity of the pass did not seem to be super believable to be caught like that, but I am not sure of Orakpo's stats currently.

Version 6 has the same settings and effect that Version 7. Version 7 just enhanced the passing offense/defense.

The directness of the RB is more improved on both Version 6 & 7 as a result, but it is by no means a fix to the occasional juking and spins. This is still under development as you know there are many variables to consider here. The fact that the CPU RB ran 12 other times (14 carries total) without needless juking and spinning, to me, is a very positive sign. I would have preferred they ran 12 more times afterwards, to really see a sample size. However, I live in the space that if it happens once, there is an issue - so I am completely understanding where you're coming from. It is what keeps me awake at night...lol

Regarding the jogging, yeah, this isn't controllable by sliders unfortunately. We saw this in the beta videos and then retail. It's a terrible look on the KR/PR, and I've been trying to figure it out myself.

Overall, I really appreciate it. I understand you may roll with the edits, etc. I definitely do not discourage that as I was a long time re-rate guy for Madden, even ran a franchise report here with a completely re-rated Madden 2006 & 2007. Just keep in mind that these are still early days. I update the versions every day, but the fact that Version 7 produced good passing stats and gameplay, then the first cycle of my cleanup versions are doing what they're supposed to.



Hey man, thanks for testing.

Good averages there, so that tells me they weren't just juking and spinning constantly I'd hope. As I said above, it's definitely one of those things high on the list. It's just at a point where other areas had to be addressed first. Sacking Rodgers 3 times, do you recall what kind of sacks? Coverage or did he run into the DL?



These were the areas I believe version 7 helped with. Definitely try it out and take note of the passing game. Appreciate you giving them a go.
Going to plug then in tonight before week 2!

Sent from my SM-N920V using Operation Sports mobile app
G burn14 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2018, 10:18 AM   #343
Rookie
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Aug 2017
Re: Matt10's Madden 19 Sliders

Just tried these out last night and I'm pretty happy with them.

To answer an earlier question, they're still pretty legit in a 15 minute quarter.
dfahrer is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2018, 11:04 AM   #344
Rookie
 
ECUoak's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Jul 2013
Matt10's Madden 19 Sliders

Played 1/2 a game this morning with Broncos against Chargers. Seemed to work great. Struggled moving the ball through the air but Keenum is the QB so it makes sense. Had a sweet play where I went deep and the DB hit my TE and the ball popped in the air off the DBís helmet and my RB caught it in stride for a long gain. No complaints on DB coverage or players reacting realistically.


Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
ECUoak is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:48 PM.

Top -