Home

Old 08-15-2018, 07:27 PM   #361
Pro

BlackLightning3's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Matt10's Madden 19 Sliders

Streaming version 7 on my YouTube in signature now.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2018, 08:12 PM   #362
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

⏭ Slider Update Log

8/15/18: Version 8 continues with clean up duty. Very subtle changes that should make a decent difference in gameplay and feel. Now that the base is built, it's much easier to go back to validate some of the earlier versions values. This update in particular is to address the feel of perfect play and often times a bit of a looseness felt as the game goes on.

Note: I am always looking at the RB behavior by the CPU. This update does not directly (no pun intended) address that, but I imagine it will help a tiny bit. I think overall it is in a much better position than it was before.

Here are the adjustments
Injuries: from 19 to 16
• Lots of injuries throughout half a season for me here, and I've received feedback about the game by game ones. Dropping this value a tad to lessen that number a bit.

Fatigue: from 48 to 49
• Subtle change, but it makes a big difference when players are not on full tilt the entire game. I also felt like the RB rotation was a bit gone in the early parts of the game, so it was important to reestablish that. I think it can create some good mismatches throughout the game as a result. In addition, the feel of the game is tighter this way, and animations play out to support that.
Old 08-15-2018, 08:13 PM   #363
MVP

SilverBullet19's Arena

OVR: 0

EDIT: Haven't tried 8 yet. This is just my tweak on v7.

I did the following:

Injuries: 10
USER QB accuracy to 49
CPU tackling up to 31
Fatigue at 45

Cowboys @ Seahawks (forgot to check their overal,, I'm an 83). All-pro.

Result: Cowboys 38-20

key stats

Wilson (CPU): 24/35 (68%), 309 yards, 1 TD 1 INT, 2 sack
Prescott: 17/26 (65%), 245 yards, 3 TD's 1 INT, 2 sack

Elliott: 26 carries for 138 yards (5.3 avg), 1 TD
McKissic (CPU): 14 car, 38 yards (2.7 avg), 1 TD)
Scarbrough: 6 carries for 37 yards (6.1 avg)

Bo Scarbrough got garbage time, fresh legs helped.

It was much tougher passing. I know SEA has a decent secondary. I was still rarely off the mark, but most passes were under 10 yards, so 65% is pretty reasonable. They held Zeke well, he had one big run over 30 yards, and even at that only averaged just over 5 yards.

CPU couldn't run again, but if I'm not mistaken, the SEA o-line is pretty trashy. There were a few weird/random jukes, but for the most part they were just getting blown up at the line.

CPU passing was good. Wilson shredded me, especially late. Baldwin was great at WR, and I had to go zone to stop him.

3 total injuries in the game, 2 players left for either a limited time or for the remainder of the game and that was it. One long term injury (Sean Lee, foot fracture). You have to expect Lee to get injured every year anyway, so I'm not upset with it.

Major Boise State fan

Last edited by SilverBullet19; 08-15-2018 at 09:07 PM.
Old 08-15-2018, 08:37 PM   #364
Pro

OVR: 0

These made the game feel much more smooth, pursuit seemed more realistic, suction tackles seemed to occur at a lower frequency.

Too many issues occurred that ruined the experience, but I think it’s more of the game than the sliders. DB’s just stood behind WR’s and never made a real break on the ball. CPU couldn’t run for anything. Middle of the field was wide open due to CPU always covering overtop. Just turned into a passing shootout on both sides.

Hopefully some patching can fix some of this, but these sliders “feel” the best so far.
Old 08-15-2018, 08:58 PM   #365
Rookie

Matt10's Madden 19 Sliders

Just finished a CFM game on All Pro with V7 and beat the Panthers 48-17

I made some minor tweaks like QB Acc for user to 45, CPU QB Acc to 58, Fatigue to 45 and injuries to 15.

I have to say this was the most boring game of Madden I’ve played in a long time. I’ll explain.

Let’s start with......

——The Good——

- I saw amazing interaction between the WR and the DB. Some of the animations I’ve never seen before in any football game. The way they fought for the ball in the air was bringing a tear to my eye. Also, DBs were actually going for Swats rather than Brick hand INTs

——The Bad——

- I witnessed CPU players in Zone just stop and stand still when they reached their Zone bubble. players would run routes right by them and they would just be standing still until the ball was thrown

- No pressure on either QB. Both teams had 2 sacks which came from coverage sacks. Blitzes were pointless in the pass defense.

- Because of the lack of pressure, I was able to light the panthers secondary up like no other. I had so much time I was able to wait for double moves and still go through my progression. All of my missed throws were due to me just bombing the ball, and some occasional over throws due to me lowering QB acc for user to 45. For being the Ravens and having Lamar Jackson, I shouldn’t have time like that or be that accurate. Going to lower User Accuracy even more.

—— The Ugly——

- I held the freaking panthers to under 100 total offensive yards for 2 and a half quarters. Cam even with time in the pocket looked awful. Missed wide open throws, continuous drag routes leading to 1 yard gains, or would scramble for like 5 yards. The panthers passing attack was non-existent

- The Panthers ran the ball 6 times in the first half..... which was surprising considering the first two runs were 15 yard gains from Run CMC. They just gave up running. After that, in the second half they started running a little bit more but my team was always there.

- the CPU wasn’t breaking any tackles at all. While me on the other hand, I literally was breaking every first tackle by just running into ppl. Now let me reiterate this, I would turbo into someone, or even a group of defenders, make no moves at all, and I would break the tackle. It didn’t matter if it was My QB, WR, TE, RB, it was everyone breaking.

—— The Conclusion ——

- V5 and V6 felt way better in my opinion when it came to balance. The CPU ran the ball dumbly still but a little more effectively, but the Pass Coverage animations were perfect in V7.

- I guess the QB Acc for CPU is sensitive, since at 62 QB’s go RoboQB and at 58 they look like present day Mark Sanchez. Apparently after 10 weeks I have the worst passing defense in the league so to see that against Cam was disheartening.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Washington Redskins
Chris Paul & John Wall
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2018, 09:19 PM   #366
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by wideout1234
Just finished a CFM game on All Pro with V7 and beat the Panthers 48-17

I made some minor tweaks like QB Acc for user to 45, CPU QB Acc to 58, Fatigue to 45 and injuries to 15.

I have to say this was the most boring game of Madden I’ve played in a long time. I’ll explain.

Let’s start with......

——The Good——

- I saw amazing interaction between the WR and the DB. Some of the animations I’ve never seen before in any football game. The way they fought for the ball in the air was bringing a tear to my eye. Also, DBs were actually going for Swats rather than Brick hand INTs

——The Bad——

- I witnessed CPU players in Zone just stop and stand still when they reached their Zone bubble. players would run routes right by them and they would just be standing still until the ball was thrown

- No pressure on either QB. Both teams had 2 sacks which came from coverage sacks. Blitzes were pointless in the pass defense.

- Because of the lack of pressure, I was able to light the panthers secondary up like no other. I had so much time I was able to wait for double moves and still go through my progression. All of my missed throws were due to me just bombing the ball, and some occasional over throws due to me lowering QB acc for user to 45. For being the Ravens and having Lamar Jackson, I shouldn’t have time like that or be that accurate. Going to lower User Accuracy even more.

—— The Ugly——

- I held the freaking panthers to under 100 total offensive yards for 2 and a half quarters. Cam even with time in the pocket looked awful. Missed wide open throws, continuous drag routes leading to 1 yard gains, or would scramble for like 5 yards. The panthers passing attack was non-existent

- The Panthers ran the ball 6 times in the first half..... which was surprising considering the first two runs were 15 yard gains from Run CMC. They just gave up running. After that, in the second half they started running a little bit more but my team was always there.

- the CPU wasn’t breaking any tackles at all. While me on the other hand, I literally was breaking every first tackle by just running into ppl. Now let me reiterate this, I would turbo into someone, or even a group of defenders, make no moves at all, and I would break the tackle. It didn’t matter if it was My QB, WR, TE, RB, it was everyone breaking.

—— The Conclusion ——

- V5 and V6 felt way better in my opinion when it came to balance. The CPU ran the ball dumbly still but a little more effectively, but the Pass Coverage animations were perfect in V7.

- I guess the QB Acc for CPU is sensitive, since at 62 QB’s go RoboQB and at 58 they look like present day Mark Sanchez. Apparently after 10 weeks I have the worst passing defense in the league so to see that against Cam was disheartening.

Unfortunately, playing at 45 fatigue is like playing without fatigue at all. Can you try the exact set up with 49 fatigue?
Old 08-15-2018, 09:20 PM   #367
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10
Unfortunately, playing at 45 fatigue is like playing without fatigue at all. Can you try the exact set up with 49 fatigue?

Gotchu. About to play the Steelers and just change the Fatigue

Washington Redskins
Chris Paul & John Wall
Old 08-15-2018, 09:24 PM   #368
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by wideout1234
Gotchu. About to play the Steelers and just change the Fatigue

Awesome. Curious to hear how it goes.

Edit: also not sure if you saw, but V8 update is just fatigue 49, injury 16.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »