Home

Old 08-17-2018, 02:16 AM   #425
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: Matt10's Madden 19 Sliders

⏭ Slider Update Log

8/15/18: Late update to make this Version 9, but it's been on my mind to at least get the passing game in check. The middle of the field is less open, the pass blocking is varied with chances to pressure. I feel good about it, but to be honest, I am in full on one-track mode to figure out the CPU RB, so that testing will dominate here. Full transparency, the last couple of updates were intended to be the base, but unfortunately they did not pan out as I had hoped. As a result, some original values have been modified.

Here are the adjustments

Pass Blocking: from 45/44 to 48/48
• With some of these penalty adjustments, it will be important to maintain the good blocking by the pass rush, but also not make it impossible to get sacked when deserved.

Pass Defense Reaction Time: from 52/52 to 55/55
• Slight bump to allow a bit sooner reaction to the ball in the air. The 62 QBA for the CPU can have some power on it, and I think the defenders weren't reacting as a result.

Offside: from 20 to 60
• The theory of lower offside/false start got put through the ringer and it didn't seem to create the effect to the run game as intended. It still operated exactly as it is designed where offsides higher will result in more push from the DL, but in respect to the run game it did not alter the CPU RB's decision making as I wanted.

False Start: from 40 to 55
• Just a bit below offsides to allow the offsides to take a priority in animation, which can create the response of the player being a priority to block versus the OL just going further upfield and leaving the DL unblocked.

Offensive Holding: from 45 to 50
• Another slight bump to allow this to blend with the defensive holding, but also force some defensive line play animations and fight to get to the quarterback. Thanks to wideout123 for recognizing the lack of this animation previously.

Defensive Holding: from 99 to 55
• As mentioned above, we're going a bit more subtle here to allow the animation to occur, but also to free up the runs as coverage is much tighter than before. Good DB/WR interaction as well.

Face Mask: from 40 to 50
• Always a good bump to make afer we've established the tackling at 29 is still in a good spot. Should see more soft wrap up tackles as well which will be a nice change of pace. It should result in less broken tackles, but will have to keep an eye out.

Defensive Pass Interference: from 99 to 55
• Same in regards to the defensive holding as the two should go hand in hand, but there is still that element of offensive pass interference being off to allow a bit of separation from the tighter coverage in this version.

Last edited by Matt10; 08-17-2018 at 08:34 AM. Reason: Corrected some spelling/grammar
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2018, 03:07 AM   #426
Rookie

OVR: 0

Matt , I adjusting my sliders for V8 , and my jags game was great ! It was tough for me to get anything going really, Brady finished with ZERO passing tds but had a solid game.

There was pressure everywhere and I couldn't hold the ball for long , I lost 1 fumble from a coverage sack. Ended up winning with a game winning drive.

One thing I noticed, towards the end of the 4th quarter , my sack total jumped up ! I wasn't getting much pressure at all until the 4th I had 4 sacks , including a strip sack to hold on to the W.

I'll keep an eye on it in my next game , but keep up the great work !

Sent from my SM-N920V using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 08-17-2018, 03:46 AM   #427
Rookie

I've been having really good games with your slider set. But I have been noticing a large number of broken tackles with the user running back. The last game I played as the Raiders I had 12 BTK with M.Lynch. Keep up the awesome work. This is some of the best fun I've had with a slider set!
Old 08-17-2018, 04:43 AM   #428
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by KidsAreAsleep
Going live now with Version 8. We will see how it plays, and maybe try some slight modifications depending on how it is going.
https://www.twitch.tv/kidsareasleepgaming
Sorry I missed it buddy next time hope it was was gud

Sent from my VK810 4G using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 08-17-2018, 08:26 AM   #429
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by G burn14
Matt , I adjusting my sliders for V8 , and my jags game was great ! It was tough for me to get anything going really, Brady finished with ZERO passing tds but had a solid game.

There was pressure everywhere and I couldn't hold the ball for long , I lost 1 fumble from a coverage sack. Ended up winning with a game winning drive.

One thing I noticed, towards the end of the 4th quarter , my sack total jumped up ! I wasn't getting much pressure at all until the 4th I had 4 sacks , including a strip sack to hold on to the W.

I'll keep an eye on it in my next game , but keep up the great work !

That's probably the fatigue going into effect. I actually increased the PBL to compensate for that in Version 9. Let me know how it goes, glad you're enjoying it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheyne89
I've been having really good games with your slider set. But I have been noticing a large number of broken tackles with the user running back. The last game I played as the Raiders I had 12 BTK with M.Lynch. Keep up the awesome work. This is some of the best fun I've had with a slider set!
I believe it is due to the 29 TAK value, but I tried to combat that recently with a couple of changes on Version 9. I do want to get away from big runs being a result of broken tackles each time.
Old 08-17-2018, 08:29 AM   #430
Rookie

Definitely , I was definitely getting frustrated with that jags D , they're tough to move the ball, especially with the WRs I have lol thanks , I'll let ya know !

Old 08-17-2018, 01:10 PM   #431
MVP

OVR: 6

Ok, some V9 impressions...

The Good:
-CPU run game looks great from my eye. Much more decisive and aggressive. Have seen the CPU commit to the run with success for 4 quarters. What I love is that up front the animations look great. I love to see the OL actually block and seal the front 4, making it more 1v1 RB vs LB. To me that is a great sign.
- Pass defense on the perimeter is very nice. The individual match ups are crucial and it feels like the ratings matter. Playing as Detroit, Slay is a monster on the perimeter, while my revolving door at CB2 struggles to match up.

The Need More Samples Size to See:
- Tackling. Yes there are maybe a few too many broken tackles. But what this does is allow for more "gang tackling" opportunities. I like that heads need to fly to the football. It gives the CPU a chance to pop big plays. (More on this subject later).
- Human run game. As opposed to the great OL/DL play I'm seeing vs. the CPU offense, it feels just the opposite for the Human. Most my runs are either getting BLOWN up by the DT/DE 2 yards deep, OR, I have such a numbers game that both DL and LB get blocked leaving me with a safety 1v1. I'd just like to see more balance in this.
- QB Accuracy: Does it feel like QB's are little too good on the move now?

The Bad:
- Pass Rush. For me, its the turd in the punch bowl this year. The animations look so unrealistic its really hard to ignore. You either get locked into this unstoppable pass block from the CPU, or you spam a move to death and eventually break free. Again using Detroit, Ansah vs. a RED matchup OL rated in the low 70's. You'd think that's an area I can exploit all day long and bring consistent push to the pocket and pressure. Think again. Not once do you just win at the snap and expose the OT. It's maddening, and really affects the entire defensive gamplan. I can't win with coverage, I NEED pressure to succeed. I know the other Lion DL isn't a strength, but when I see iso after iso of Ansah vs. a scrub and I'm not winning that matchup 1/10 times, its a problem.
- Spacing. To me, the spacing on defense feels more like a college game. I mentioned earlier I love the CB/WR battle on the outside. Well when you look at the middle 1/3 of the field, its a totally different story. Too often guys are just running free. Then, its 1v1 tackle situations except now there isn't heads to the football for those break tackle moments. Overall this leads to far too many big plays. NFL is about tight windows, I haven't seen that.

With all that said, I am having FUN with the game. I do think the chase for a better rushing attack has come at the expense of the other facets of the game. Looking forward to others feedback.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2018, 01:29 PM   #432
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by lhsballa11
Ok, some V9 impressions...

The Good:
-CPU run game looks great from my eye. Much more decisive and aggressive. Have seen the CPU commit to the run with success for 4 quarters. What I love is that up front the animations look great. I love to see the OL actually block and seal the front 4, making it more 1v1 RB vs LB. To me that is a great sign.
- Pass defense on the perimeter is very nice. The individual match ups are crucial and it feels like the ratings matter. Playing as Detroit, Slay is a monster on the perimeter, while my revolving door at CB2 struggles to match up.

The Need More Samples Size to See:
- Tackling. Yes there are maybe a few too many broken tackles. But what this does is allow for more "gang tackling" opportunities. I like that heads need to fly to the football. It gives the CPU a chance to pop big plays. (More on this subject later).
- Human run game. As opposed to the great OL/DL play I'm seeing vs. the CPU offense, it feels just the opposite for the Human. Most my runs are either getting BLOWN up by the DT/DE 2 yards deep, OR, I have such a numbers game that both DL and LB get blocked leaving me with a safety 1v1. I'd just like to see more balance in this.
- QB Accuracy: Does it feel like QB's are little too good on the move now?

The Bad:
- Pass Rush. For me, its the turd in the punch bowl this year. The animations look so unrealistic its really hard to ignore. You either get locked into this unstoppable pass block from the CPU, or you spam a move to death and eventually break free. Again using Detroit, Ansah vs. a RED matchup OL rated in the low 70's. You'd think that's an area I can exploit all day long and bring consistent push to the pocket and pressure. Think again. Not once do you just win at the snap and expose the OT. It's maddening, and really affects the entire defensive gamplan. I can't win with coverage, I NEED pressure to succeed. I know the other Lion DL isn't a strength, but when I see iso after iso of Ansah vs. a scrub and I'm not winning that matchup 1/10 times, its a problem.
- Spacing. To me, the spacing on defense feels more like a college game. I mentioned earlier I love the CB/WR battle on the outside. Well when you look at the middle 1/3 of the field, its a totally different story. Too often guys are just running free. Then, its 1v1 tackle situations except now there isn't heads to the football for those break tackle moments. Overall this leads to far too many big plays. NFL is about tight windows, I haven't seen that.

With all that said, I am having FUN with the game. I do think the chase for a better rushing attack has come at the expense of the other facets of the game. Looking forward to others feedback.
Great feedback as always, balla.

Spacing is a good point. I really don't want it to be like college football. The zero threshold is going to naturally create this space. I think I can leverage it further with PCV though, just have to see it in motion with adjustments. Think that's the easiest on the list.

Blocking, hit or miss at times. Lowering PBL under 48 seems to result in too easy to break through, and the QB won't throw at times or run into the DL. I'm with you though, that canned animation of just getting blocked is frustrating. Might have to bite the bullet and drop this value more. I will give it a mess around in a bit.

Tackling may be something, whether direct or indirectly. The concept of the RB decision making is that the RB just seems to want to fake out or get a 1 up on the safety. They are constantly moving about and staring right at the safety. The safety doesn't budge, doesn't make a bad pursuit angle at all, they are perfect. RB loses focus and ends up getting dropped behind the first down marker, or LOS.

Reminds me of the opening scene of Eastbound and Down...

via GIPHY

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »