Home

Old 08-17-2018, 04:28 PM   #441
MVP

OVR: 13
Re: Matt10's Madden 19 Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diegoarte01
What difficulty do you guys play on these sliders?

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
All Pro, personally.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2018, 05:46 PM   #442
Just started!

Lee_Brk's Arena

OVR: 0

All in all, I'm really liking these sliders, but I'm having a couple of major issues and I'm wondering if I can alter this set without completely throwing off the balance.

My first issue seems to be with the CPU QB accuracy set to 62. This seems to basically turn every CPU QB into a 99 OVR. The CPU is throwing ridiculous under pressure passes, constantly, from anywhere between 30 and 50 yards and hitting every single one dead on. This is not once every 4 games, it's 3 to 4 times a match. Passes that would never even be thrown let alone completed, are being hit constantly.

The second is with the injuries. I know the slider isn't set that high, but in 2 season starts I've lost a total of 11 players to medium term injuries before even getting out of pre-season.

I don't know very much about the balance of sliders so I was wondering if I was to lower the QB accuracy and injuries will that affect the sliders elsewhere and completely throw everything off, or will it have little difference?

Thanks.
Old 08-17-2018, 06:59 PM   #443
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quick recap of my game on All Pro, first time using V9. Also, I would like it to be noted that not one roster edit or slider change was made. Testing was exact as shown in thread.

—— The Good ——

- I saw the Pass rush makes moves again and actually got pressure on the QB. For both teams actually. I saw swim and bull rush moves. It was quite surprising

- Pass Coverage was tighter and made it a bit harder to pass. Also Lamar Jackson was missing some throws, under throws, over throws, it was dope.

- Saw some good holes Open up for my running game and I was kinda pulling away from ppl.

- Saw great interaction between WR and DB

— The Bad ——

- Andy Dalton made more than a few bad throws but ended with a decent game. This resulted in AJ Green getting shut down by my 80 ovr corner. No bueno but then again Dalton sucks so I guess that’s a scratch

—— The Ugly ——

- CPU running game didn’t exist but nothing new here. RB made very few dumb jukes but never took the right hole

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Washington Redskins
Chris Paul & John Wall
Old 08-17-2018, 07:21 PM   #444
Rookie

Shards's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee_Brk
All in all, I'm really liking these sliders, but I'm having a couple of major issues and I'm wondering if I can alter this set without completely throwing off the balance.

My first issue seems to be with the CPU QB accuracy set to 62. This seems to basically turn every CPU QB into a 99 OVR. The CPU is throwing ridiculous under pressure passes, constantly, from anywhere between 30 and 50 yards and hitting every single one dead on. This is not once every 4 games, it's 3 to 4 times a match. Passes that would never even be thrown let alone completed, are being hit constantly.

The second is with the injuries. I know the slider isn't set that high, but in 2 season starts I've lost a total of 11 players to medium term injuries before even getting out of pre-season.

I don't know very much about the balance of sliders so I was wondering if I was to lower the QB accuracy and injuries will that affect the sliders elsewhere and completely throw everything off, or will it have little difference?

Thanks.
I always fight with pass defense difficulty because it seems like every qb has to throw for 300 yards to make it a challenge. Maybe I'm just bad at play calling but I find that I can only use zone coverage sparingly or with a blitz. It seems like the CPU always has the right play called to carve up my zone d. My offense has been too good so I think I might turn time down to 8 minutes so every game doesn't end up with 2 300 yard qbs.

I feel like every team I have ever run a franchise with has a trainer that is horrendous. Often, it would be a guy who is at the same lvl as others with world class skills but has the lowest possible actual skill. My first off-season is always used to replace these guys. So check out your trainer and make sure he isn't a dumpster fire. If you still feel that you are getting too many injuries, I would suggest turning it down a bit.
Old 08-17-2018, 08:39 PM   #445
Rookie

noahcal11's Arena

Just played my first full game of Madden 19 on these sliders (V9) on AM. I'm doing a Chiefs fantasy draft franchise just to test sliders and get used to the game because I want to wait for a patch before starting my actual sliders. I'm playing on 13 min quarters with 18 sec accel clock which got me pretty realistic play counts.

We played a poorly rated Chargers offense and lost 37-16. Part of that I can chalk up to being my first game of the cycle and of these sliders; we should've had at least 20 points because I missed a FG and extra point. But against Case Keenum and an offense with Mike Wallace as WR1 we gave up over 400 yards passing. Like many people said, zone was way worse than man for me, I drafted man corners to fit scheme but even so zone was awful. Pressure wasn't great even with Von Miller, Cam Wake, Ndamukong Suh, and Michael Bennett rushing and that led to five or six plays that sliders can't really fix.

Too many times Case Keenum would have all the time in the world, roll out to his left, wait for a man to get open, and make a ridiculous back foot, cross body throw that landed perfectly in the reciever's hands. I'm trying the next game on AP in hopes of those being incomplete but Case making that throw in the first place is a problem with AI.

I had two or three dropped INT's but also forced two fumbles from Latavius Murray. CPU run game wasn't very good till they started chewing clock, most of the first three quarters they ignored running altogether. Also there were too many plays where the WR would appear to catch it, take two steps, and get it ripped out from the CB. I like that happening every once in a while but it happened way too often vs LA.

I'm not sure what changes can be made to these sliders to fix this, there's only so much you can do cause Madden. Overall these were pretty good sliders; most of my issues were with the game itself and not the sliders and most of the game was still fun. Offense was great, I was rewarded when I made smart decisions and punished when I didn't.

It was only one game and a larger sample size will help me, along with just playing the game more. But I definitely wanna see these on all pro, I might just end up using these for my main realistic franchise this year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2018, 10:07 PM   #446
MVP

OVR: 6

Sneaky good find is to turn on field volume down. I’m at 60 and it’s funny when every hit doesn’t sound like car wreck.

Been messing with a few settings today and it is nice to see that the sliders do make a difference this year. You can see the changes take effect pretty easily
Old 08-17-2018, 10:41 PM   #447
Rookie

KidsAreAsleep's Arena

Going live now with Version 9. Going to try a half with regular rosters and another half with iMacs rosters.
https://www.twitch.tv/kidsareasleepgaming

YouTube Channel:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfb...B8QRdC0QWSRTIg

Twitch Channel:https://www.twitch.tv/kidsareasleepgaming
Old 08-17-2018, 11:22 PM   #448
Pro

OVR: 1

First game played with version 9. I kept everything the exact same as what's in the OP.

Preseason game, so take it for what it's worth, but here are the stats

Colts (me) vs Seahawks

I won 30-12

Passing:
Brissett - 11 of 17 for 156 yards 1TD no INT
Luck - 2 of 4 for 39 yards

Wilson - 7 of 10 for 102 yards
Davis - 14 of 21 for 158 yards

Rushing:
Hines - 17 carries for 203 yards and 2 TD
Mack - 3 carries for 30 yards
Michael - 3 carries for 14 yards

Mckissic - 10 carries for 15 yards
Penny - 6 carries for 3 yards

Seahawks defense had 8 sacks. 6 of which were against my second unit o-line.

Colts defense had 5 sacks

My takeaways after the first game. CPU was getting to me with ease on the line. Not sure if it was because of my 2nd unit offensive line, but I was constantly being sacked.

Lastly, the CPU running game was atrocious. Not sure any amount of sliders can fix it. Seems like only a patch at this point would help

On the other side, running the ball was the easiest thing for me. Almost no run was for negative yards. My backup alone had over 200 rushing yards.

Oh, and no injuries occurred on either side.

Will keep an eye on these things with the next upcoming game

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Last edited by Juve; 08-17-2018 at 11:25 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »