Home

Old 08-20-2018, 03:55 PM   #577
Rookie

MrKriegsmarine's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Matt10's Madden 19 Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by G burn14
I haven't had much of an issue running at all ! Played the lions with the pats week 3 , and ran alot of runs out of shotgun ( like the pats) , and both burkhead and white had around 50-60 yards each.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Operation Sports mobile app

How strange. I literally cannot get a running game going at all.
Old 08-20-2018, 04:02 PM   #578
MVP

SilverBullet19's Arena

Just played my first on 10.5. Lions (CPU) at Cowboys. All-pro. For what it's worth, I'm entirely a sim guy. I just want a realistic stat line in games. I'm not as big on animation. I do appreciate it, but my main goal is a realistic overall picture.

This game, I made a keen focus on dynamic play calls. I put effort into really opening up the playbook, and called no play more than 2-3 times. I think that truly helps.

Final: Cowboys 20-3

Team Stats

Lions:
250 yards of offense (59 rushing, 191 passing)
5/14 on 3rd downs
2 turnovers (both int. 1 user, 1 cpu)
penalties: 3/15 (2 false start, 1 offside)

Cowboys:
355 yards of offense (169 rushing, 186 passing)
7/13 on 3rd downs
2 turnovers (both fumbles by QB)
penalties: 1/5 (1 offside)

player stats

passing:
Stafford (CPU): 20/40 (50%), 200 yards, 0 TD, 2 INT, 1 sack
Prescott (User): 15/24 (62%), 201 yards, 0 TD, 0 INT, 3 sacks

rushing:
Elliott (User): 27 carries, 104 yards (3.8 avg), 1 TD
Scarbrough (User): 5 carries, 39 yards (7.8 avg), 1 TD
Blount (CPU): 13 carries, 16 yards (1.2 avg)
Riddick (CPU): 5 carries, 27 yards (5.4 avg)

The good
Pass coverage by both sides seems more on point. I had less open targets to go for. My completion % was a very reasonable 62%. CPU was a bit low, but some games just go bad. Stafford had times where he shredded me.

Rushing game was great, especially for the user. It seems the fatigue advantage is now gone, no more 4th quarter wild breakaways all the time. 3.8 average, awesome. Running was a good challenge and actually got tougher as the game went on. Loved it!

CPU running game was hit or miss. Riddick was great. It's out of our control in sliders to make them lean on the hot back, so that's not the issue. When they went to Riddick, he was money.

The Bad
At this point, I think the only thing I was is more flags. I had 4 this game, record high, but they were all pre-snap penalties. I'd love some variation.

QB Fumbles. I think this is more of a game bug than anything, and cannot really be cured by sliders. The game loves for QB's to just flat out drop the ball. I'm yet to see a fumble by any non-QB

Major Boise State fan
Old 08-20-2018, 04:10 PM   #579
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunkerdown
Did not see an injury to Monty during game review. 19 carries for 42 yards a bit concerning, but my defense best part of my team, and I changed to a 4-6 defense which helps against run, so shall see after 5 games.

The game played great, no penalties at all, but that's Madden. The only things I will look at after I at least get 5 games deep in franchise, is turnovers (INT & fumbles), CPU run game, and User pass rush. QB stats look great and feel great on field. Run game for me tough and feels rewarding when make a good run. Defense feel. The game was fun and felt for the most part realistic, and I lost on AP!! 2 clicks here and there might might make it play even better, but need more results to look at.
You losing on All Pro is a good sign. Properly lost to them Packers; excellent. Thanks for testing them out and streaming. Looking forward to seeing how the next game goes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xx 74 xX
Version 10.5 is working well on All-Pro, great work here!

One aspect that’s driving me, and I’m sure many others bonkers is the QB under pressure sometimes decides to run straight back towards his own end zone.

Any idea what may be causing this?

Thanks for the time and effort, it’s

This is CPU vs CPU - Both QBs
I have not tested CPU v CPU, so my imagination is they aren't triggered to throw for some reason. In this case, turn Intentional Grounding back on and see if that prompts them to make quicker throws. The coverage is also tighter, so you may need to drop PCV a tad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lhsballa11
Knock me over with a feather I had a LEGIT PI call on my corner last night. Going 1v1 on a fade route.

Zeke lit me up for 165, while CMac had over 100 on the ground for me.

Can’t wait to get out of work today and start a real CM
I love the animation of the DEF PI, I wish in replay it would play out thought because currently it just stops as soon as it happens. Think it'd be cool if the broadcast package also included that replay when things like that occur.

Quote:
Originally Posted by noahcal11
V10.5 is easily the best version yet; it's the first one I think I could use for my real franchise when I start that up (probably gonna wait for the first patch to drop). I played another game of my fantasy draft Chiefs franchise vs the Bengals. We won 30-26 and gameplay felt smooth; I was rewarded for good playcalling and punished for bad.

KEY STATS:

KC:
M. Ryan 22/32, 224 yds, 1 TD

C. McCaffrey 17 att, 62 yds, 1 TD
C. Anderson 6 att, 19 yds

SACKS: V. Miller, M. Bennett

INT: B. Grimes, TD

CIN:
S. Bradford 23/36, 245 yds, 1 TD, 1 INT

K. Hunt 25 att, 73 yds

SACKS: P. McPhee, M. Addison, M. Foster

Thoughts:
We both had a non-offensive TD with Brent Grimes getting a pick six for me before the half and the Bengals returning the kick for a TD to start the second half. Defenses both played fairly well, there were no superman plays that I remember so that was good to see. I'd still like rushing to be a bit better for both sides but it's only my second game on V10.5 so it's a small sample size for now. I was getting a tiny bit less pressure than I think I should but it wasn't awful, maybe just a bad game for the D-line. Overall I was very impressed with these sliders, they fixed the issues I had with V9 and were a blast to play with. My only real gripe is the CPU run game but with Madden 19 what else is new?
Good stats, I'd love it if Ryan came to KC, sure. How did the Bengals return a kick for TD? Was there a broken tackle involved? I have yet to see the CPU break one even past the 40 yard line.

Rushing is tough, but it definitely something to stick to. I had a game where the CPU RB only had 40 yards off 20 carries, but one big gain of 25, then another for 15, and another for 20...it just added up obviously.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan2010
It was against Houston my man, I get Jacksonville next.. an elite RB imo and a solid O Line (Norwell & Linder) I am not at all trying to jump the gun seeing how it is a small sample size I am speaking of... I choose my defensive play by strategy, I still have game visuals on (telling me to time the X or A power/swim moves when initiated in a block) do you have those turned on as well?.. but it just wasnt playing how I was expecting, cover 2 with 4 down linemen and linebackers dropping into zone and an inside handoff was only going for 2 yards max.. Please inform me with how you play your defense exactly, any personal house rules you use on defense?? and i will let you know how game 2 plays @ Jacksonville

Thank you for your hard work and responses.
This was on All-Madden? If so, the D-Line tends to shed a bit quicker, and the LBs are much smarter, or rather, more reactive, which is a good challenge. So you can either reduce tackling for CPU down a notch or two, raise facemask value so the tackles are less sure proper form hits as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcas007
Played some on newest version was having more success running when run blocking was higher , getting stuffed for 1 or 2 yards or even in the backfield , just me I'm not sure what others are saying just thought I'd throw out my input, great job though , I've done it in the past for me and friends so i know how much time goes into sliders , thanks

Sent from my SM-G950U using Operation Sports mobile app
There will definitely be times the run is stuffed. Try different combos of types of runs. The CPU is smart, there isn't any set run type that is definite positive, or negative, yards. I had Drake (Dolphins) at 30 yards on 14 carries at the start of the third quarter, before knuckling down for a respectful 75 yards on 20 carries and a touchdown. The Dolphins O-Line is not spectacular, and I suspect that was one of those games in which it was positive because the Bengals were not much better defensively against the run.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverBullet19
Trying v10.5 now. I'm excited to see how it goes, especially user running. I'll report back when I finish the game with my usual stat breakdown. As usual, my only difference is the injuries are at 10.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrKriegsmarine
PATRIOTS AT LIONS PLAYLIST

I recorded my Week 3 game against Detroit. It was an awful game, second game in a row that I couldn't score. Ended up losing after throwing a pick with 17 seconds to go. LeGarrette Blount went for a 94 yard TD on a screen play (Link) which I thought was kinda silly. There's no running game from either team, regardless if I user my RB or not.
I'd say give it time, but I'm not sure how much has been played with 10.5. The screen looked legit, it was two missed tackles from being a short gain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reed1417
I'll be streaming today using your All-Pro v10.5 set today Matt! Kicking off the regular season Bucs (me) vs. Saints! If anyone wants to check it out my channel is twitch.tv/b_ron1417

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Cool, post in here when you stream.
Old 08-20-2018, 04:14 PM   #580
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrKriegsmarine
How strange. I literally cannot get a running game going at all.
Yeah but thinking about it now , I'm on V9 not 10.5 so my info is false , sorry. But the CPU had a sick 24 yrd run on me with perfect timed juke moves . I'll get up to speed on the sliders and get back to you

Sent from my SM-N920V using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 08-20-2018, 04:22 PM   #581
Rookie

Ryan2010's Arena

I again appreciate you getting back to me.. yes its on all madden, but my issue isnt with my own success, it is with the lack of success the cpu running back is having running the ball against my defense... again hoping for better cpu results going up against fournette in game 2.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2018, 04:37 PM   #582
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan2010
I again appreciate you getting back to me.. yes its on all madden, but my issue isnt with my own success, it is with the lack of success the cpu running back is having running the ball against my defense... again hoping for better cpu results going up against fournette in game 2.
Ok, in that case, I need more detail. How are they running? Hitting the right gaps and just seeing the gap filled? Is your DL instantly shedding too quickly? Are they spinning and juking behind or at the LOS?
Old 08-20-2018, 04:46 PM   #583
Rookie

OVR: 2

Game 3 of V10.5 on All Madden....and WOW. Just had the best game vs CPU in Madden I’ve had in a long time.

Lost 38-34 to the Chiefs.

——The Good——

- The CPU running game was so direct and I literally so no excessive jukes or spins. Instead I saw a lot of footplant and bursts into holes. KC back finished 15 carries for 125

- Mahomes three for 324 and 4 tds against me but still had two picks and a 58 completion percent

- Once again, CPU Pass Coverage was tight and made me work for everything. Ended up going 30/46 with 354 and 3 picks. OBJ account for a lot of that big yardage and they made me pay for times I was being a little reckless. Also made me move a lot in the pocket which made me feel like I was really using the sticks to beat the CPU

- User Running felt solid again. I was able to go for 13 carries for 73 with starting back and backup had 13 for 54. I had a beautiful 30 yard Td run with my starter, hit the gap between the tackle and guard, outrunning a d-lineman, got to the second level and Juked the safety.

- WR and DB battles looks great as usual. Dez showed strength over DBs but got shut down other times. OBJ is just a monster and had 170 yards but still lost some battles resulting in my picks. Watkins and Hill each had over 100 receiving yards on me.

- MY FREAKING LINE BACKER HAD OVER 10 tackles! This is the second time this has happened with 10.5. CJ Mosley was flying all over the field and ended up with 13 tackles. May be a fluke but god it feels good to have your middle backer get tackles.

——The Bad——

- first time reviewing I don’t have anything to put in this section. Shocker but amazing

——The Ugly——

- While CPU Pass rush feels great, User Pass Rush is still non-existent. Third game in with this set and 1 sack in total between those games. A lot of blitzes and good coverage happening too. I’ve realized that two things happen. Either the QB throws a dart, even if it’s a bad throw, right when a player breaks a block, or The pass rush gets stuck in blocks the whole play.

——The Conclusion——

- A lot of good and one negative. Some penalties were seen and we should see more but it’s a video game and I’m not even expecting it at this point. With the exception of the User Pass Rush, I truly can say that this game was pretty damn perfect from a slider stand point. Which is saying a lot coming from someone who threw 3 INTs in this game lol

Keep up the damn good work Matt. Give this man a standing ovation

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Washington Redskins
Chris Paul & John Wall
Old 08-20-2018, 05:01 PM   #584
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

⏭ Slider Update Log

8/20/18: Just wanted to say thanks everyone for the feedback on all the versions, and currently version 10.5.

I wanted to just post to stress the importance of providing feedback as long as all the values listed in the OP are followed exactly. This is not to assert any kind of authority, rather it also helps me get an understanding of what combination of the formulas are doing. If you do make a change, please do list it in your feedback. This is not only an opportunity to provide a different thought, it also is a perfect example to isolate a certain value - and helps me even further with understanding.

This game is a bit different and out of sync at times. I feel silly for saying to use every exact value listed, but it's the only way I can truly get the right idea.

Going to let v10.5 marinate as it seems to be a solid base. Keep the feedback coming, hopefully it's at the point to get your "Real" franchises going.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »