Home

Matt10's Madden 19 Sliders

This is a discussion on Matt10's Madden 19 Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-20-2018, 05:36 PM   #585
MVP

Hunkerdown's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Matt10's Madden 19 Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10
Slider Update Log

8/20/18: Just wanted to say thanks everyone for the feedback on all the versions, and currently version 10.5.

I wanted to just post to stress the importance of providing feedback as long as all the values listed in the OP are followed exactly. This is not to assert any kind of authority, rather it also helps me get an understanding of what combination of the formulas are doing. If you do make a change, please do list it in your feedback. This is not only an opportunity to provide a different thought, it also is a perfect example to isolate a certain value - and helps me even further with understanding.

This game is a bit different and out of sync at times. I feel silly for saying to use every exact value listed, but it's the only way I can truly get the right idea.

Going to let v10.5 marinate as it seems to be a solid base. Keep the feedback coming, hopefully it's at the point to get your "Real" franchises going.
Does it matter I loaded settings from MM?

PSN: GRINGOyGUAVA
YouTube: Hunkerdown/GRINGOyGUAVA

Madden 19 - Da Bears Franchise - year 1
The Show 18 - The Braves Reborn Franchise - year 1
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2018, 05:47 PM   #586
MVP

SilverBullet19's Arena

OVR: 0

Game 2 on V10.5.

Cowboys (84 ovr) @ Texans (79 ovr). All-pro settings.

Final: Cowboys 31-6

I'd like to point out that although I am now 5-0 in my CFM, I am yet to play a team rated equal to or better than mine. Everyone has been 81 or below. Once again, I'm big on a realistic stat line. I again made the extra effort to be diverse not only offensively, but on defense too. I think this has actually opened up my passing game more than before. I am heavily considering switching to All-Madden, although my track record there is awful lol.

Team Stats

Texans:
Total Offense: 320 yards (114 rushing, 206 passing)
3rd downs: 2/12 (16%)
Turnovers: 0
penalties: 7/35 (all false start/offside)

Cowboys (User):
Total Offense: 365 yards (145 rushing, 220 passing)
3rd downs: 8/14 (57%)
Turnovers: 1 (interception)
penalties: 4/20 (3 false start, 1 offside)

player stats

passing:
Watson (CPU): 19/32 (59%), 237 yards, 0 TD, 0 INT, 4 sacks
Prescott (User): 21/31 (67%), 237 yards, 1 TD, 1 INT, 2 sacks

rushing:
Elliott (User): 19 carries, 130 yards (6.8 avg), 3 TD's
Scarbrough (User): 6 carries, 5 yards (0.8 avg)
Foreman (CPU): 12 carries, 49 yards (4.0 avg)
Blue (CPU): 8 carries, 57 yards (7.1 avg)

The good
Once again, running is spot on. Elliott had a high average only because of a 50 yard run due to a perfect setup situation on the play. 8 broken tackles total for him. I could not run toward JJ Watt lol. He plugged the hole big time. Scarbrough was plugged up every run.

Foreman was all power against me, Blue was speed. I did not see pointless or erratic juke moves by the CPU. They danced a bit behind the line, but if the hole was there, man he was on it!

CPU passing was good. Watson shredded my secondary in man-to-man. He also took off a few times on the run, even juking guys behind the line. I was surprised by that one. There were not erratic throw away passes, which should be noted since we are playing with intentional grounding OFF. It has not caused the CPU to dump the ball out as a crutch.

My passing, I enjoyed too. Dak actually missed some passes. He missed some on the run and missed some deep passes with overthrows. Worth noting, the CPU pass rush was not overbearing on play action. If it looked like a blitz, I would audible out. My one pick was because I was hit as I threw, causing it to be underthrown by about 15 yards. I had to spread the ball a decent amount to move, I had multiple completions to 5 different receivers.

The Bad
Still penalties. This game saw a combined 11. The NFL average for penalties per game hovers in the range of 12-13 total, so in terms of that, it's fairly close. For offsides and false start, however, the highest average from 2017 was still less than 1 per game. I'm yet to see any other call.

CPU FG, I may bump up power. Houston missed 3 field goals, all from the low 50 yard range. They all bounced off the crossbar or came up short. Most NFL kickers will hit 50+ in power, just not accuracy.

Major Boise State fan
Old 08-20-2018, 05:54 PM   #587
Pro

Xx 74 xX's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10
I have not tested CPU v CPU, so my imagination is they aren't triggered to throw for some reason. In this case, turn Intentional Grounding back on and see if that prompts them to make quicker throws. The coverage is also tighter, so you may need to drop PCV a tad.
I may have the remedy. I’ve been testing traits, and while it may be strange, once I changed QB “Sense Pressure” to “Oblivious” the issue hasn’t surfaced. That combined with changing “High Motor” to “No” has helped.

Still getting the CPU RB bounce a run outside and get clocked when there’s a clear hole to run thru.

I should mention I use your sliders verbatim.
Old 08-20-2018, 06:18 PM   #588
MVP

OVR: 6

Going live on Twitch here with a fresh CM, Headed to Tennessee!

V10.5, ONLY change, MM injuries and fatigue @ 50!
Old 08-20-2018, 07:17 PM   #589
Rookie

Do you guys use any of the coaching adjustments when you play or do you leave it at default?
Old 08-20-2018, 07:19 PM   #590
MVP

Rmiok222's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by chinoboy13
Do you guys use any of the coaching adjustments when you play or do you leave it at default?

I personally just adjust my cornerbacks to where my best covers their best WR

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 08-20-2018, 07:21 PM   #591
MVP

SilverBullet19's Arena

3 games into Version 10.5 on all-pro.

Jaguars (85) @ Cowboys (84)

Final: Cowboys 30-20

This was my first game against a team rated better than me. All others were 78-79's. I was down 14-0, came back to tie it by the half. Was up 21-20 midway through the 4th. I got a safety, then I got the ball at their 10 after they went on 4th down (obviously had to), so it was a gimmie TD.

Honestly, it was the most competitive game I've played. Defenses were insane in this one!

Team Stats

Jaguars:
Total Offense: 382 yards (68 rush, 314 pass)
3rd Downs: 6/13 (46%)
Turnovers: 3 (2 int, 1 fum)
Penalties: 5/43 (4 false starts, 1 defensive PI)

Cowboys:
Total Offense: 255 (139 rush, 116 pass)
3rd downs: 4/12 (33%)
Turnovers: 2 (1 int, 1 fum)
Penalties: 3/15 (all false starts)

player stats

passing:
Bortles (CPU): 26/41 (63%), 342 yards, 2 TD, 2 INT, 6 sacks
Prescott (User): 12/27 (44%), 131 yards, 1 TD, 1 INT, 4 sacks

NOTE: Bortles final pick was on a hail mary, I can't really count that against him.

rushing:
Elliott (User): 26 carries, 111 yards (4.2 avg), 1 TD
Scarbrough (User): 4 carries, 16 yards (4.0 avg), 1 TD
Fournette (CPU): 18 carries, 61 yards (3.3 avg)
Yeldon (CPU): 5 carries, 7 yards

The good
Well, they sure as hell played like the Jaguars defense! They shut down the pass with ease, very rarely could I go more than 10 yards down field. They were on my guys like velcro, true to their CB's nature.

They moved great against man on me, not well against zone. Play actions were key.

Defensive lines dominated, combining for 10 sacks. Undecided if this is too much, or OK. I'm missing my center and have a bad RT, and they blitz a lot.

Finally saw a penalty other than offside/false start. A DPI on the opening drive, but that was all.

I finally saw a non-qb fumble!

The Bad
Still too many false start/offside. Better numbers than game two, but teams combined for 7 this time. They had back to back ones at one point.

Both QB's fumbled, but yet again this seems to be more of a gameplay/programming problem, not sliders.

Major Boise State fan

Last edited by SilverBullet19; 08-20-2018 at 07:36 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2018, 07:31 PM   #592
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunkerdown
Does it matter I loaded settings from MM?

PSN: GRINGOyGUAVA
YouTube: Hunkerdown/GRINGOyGUAVA

Madden 19 - Da Bears Franchise - year 1
The Show 18 - The Braves Reborn Franchise - year 1
Totally fine, that's how I have done it too, but I've also modified from the CFM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverBullet19
Game 2 on V10.5.

Cowboys (84 ovr) @ Texans (79 ovr). All-pro settings.

Final: Cowboys 31-6

I'd like to point out that although I am now 5-0 in my CFM, I am yet to play a team rated equal to or better than mine. Everyone has been 81 or below. Once again, I'm big on a realistic stat line. I again made the extra effort to be diverse not only offensively, but on defense too. I think this has actually opened up my passing game more than before. I am heavily considering switching to All-Madden, although my track record there is awful lol.

Team Stats

Texans:
Total Offense: 320 yards (114 rushing, 206 passing)
3rd downs: 2/12 (16%)
Turnovers: 0
penalties: 7/35 (all false start/offside)

Cowboys (User):
Total Offense: 365 yards (145 rushing, 220 passing)
3rd downs: 8/14 (57%)
Turnovers: 1 (interception)
penalties: 4/20 (3 false start, 1 offside)

player stats

passing:
Watson (CPU): 19/32 (59%), 237 yards, 0 TD, 0 INT, 4 sacks
Prescott (User): 21/31 (67%), 237 yards, 1 TD, 1 INT, 2 sacks

rushing:
Elliott (User): 19 carries, 130 yards (6.8 avg), 3 TD's
Scarbrough (User): 6 carries, 5 yards (0.8 avg)
Foreman (CPU): 12 carries, 49 yards (4.0 avg)
Blue (CPU): 8 carries, 57 yards (7.1 avg)

The good
Once again, running is spot on. Elliott had a high average only because of a 50 yard run due to a perfect setup situation on the play. 8 broken tackles total for him. I could not run toward JJ Watt lol. He plugged the hole big time. Scarbrough was plugged up every run.

Foreman was all power against me, Blue was speed. I did not see pointless or erratic juke moves by the CPU. They danced a bit behind the line, but if the hole was there, man he was on it!

CPU passing was good. Watson shredded my secondary in man-to-man. He also took off a few times on the run, even juking guys behind the line. I was surprised by that one. There were not erratic throw away passes, which should be noted since we are playing with intentional grounding OFF. It has not caused the CPU to dump the ball out as a crutch.

My passing, I enjoyed too. Dak actually missed some passes. He missed some on the run and missed some deep passes with overthrows. Worth noting, the CPU pass rush was not overbearing on play action. If it looked like a blitz, I would audible out. My one pick was because I was hit as I threw, causing it to be underthrown by about 15 yards. I had to spread the ball a decent amount to move, I had multiple completions to 5 different receivers.

The Bad
Still penalties. This game saw a combined 11. The NFL average for penalties per game hovers in the range of 12-13 total, so in terms of that, it's fairly close. For offsides and false start, however, the highest average from 2017 was still less than 1 per game. I'm yet to see any other call.

CPU FG, I may bump up power. Houston missed 3 field goals, all from the low 50 yard range. They all bounced off the crossbar or came up short. Most NFL kickers will hit 50+ in power, just not accuracy.
Thanks for the great feedback.

Yes, penalties, I want so much more of. Logic says higher penalty value = more times it occurs, but this only seems to pertain to those presnap penalties and holding.

The 3rd down conversion percentage is troublesome in general with this game. I've said it before, but it seems like the CPU is scared of the first down line at times. 3rd and inches is all too common. It's not even their playcalling, which is a relief, but more so just the animations that play out. Wish there was a bit more extension in the play by the ball carrier, whether it be a receiver or back. I'm looking into this though as there has to be something within the animations to establish this consistently.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xx 74 xX
I may have the remedy. I’ve been testing traits, and while it may be strange, once I changed QB “Sense Pressure” to “Oblivious” the issue hasn’t surfaced. That combined with changing “High Motor” to “No” has helped.

Still getting the CPU RB bounce a run outside and get clocked when there’s a clear hole to run thru.

I should mention I use your sliders verbatim.
Yeah, the traits are a good option. I am just not sure on the triggers of a CPU v CPU game to be honest. The running theory that I've posted is that the User RBL affects the CPU directness. If it's CPU v CPU, the User values don't come into play (at least that is the assumption), so therefore the theory of directness shouldn't apply.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »