Home

Matt10's Madden 19 Sliders

This is a discussion on Matt10's Madden 19 Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-21-2018, 01:25 PM   #633
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: Matt10's Madden 19 Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10
I'll try to broadcast after work at 2 pm cst. Sneaking in a game at lunch right now.

So far, changed for both User and CPU

RBL - back to 50
TAK - back to 50

Good signs. No issues running. More wrap up tackling. Running for user may be a tad easy, but it was on 50 before anyways.

Some other notes

- Less jarred hits
- A more patient PA animation, smooth, seems like it's being sold a lot more
- Receivers going upfield
- QB moving up in the pocket
Had to stop due that thing called work, but overall, quite happy considering can put the RBL and TAK back to normal values.

Needs more sample size though because right when I think, "Oh, it's too easy to run," on the next play I get blasted 5-yards behind the LOS. Same goes with pass coverage, "Oh, it's so open now...", bam, deflected, intercepted, brick hands - etc.

One thing that I think can definitely be continued though is the pursuit of the Roughing the Passer value in order to have proper pressure applied. I had it on ZERO, on All-Pro, and on All-Madden, and it looks much like a proper collapsing pocket around the QB. With the update, the QB is stepping up into the pocket more as well, so this could start to look really good and organic.

I'll try to sneak in a stream today. I haven't done so since it's been so hit and miss, not to mention my PC has been acting up lately. Think it's a broken RAM stick or slot, not sure yet.
Old 08-21-2018, 01:47 PM   #634
MVP

MvPeterson2828's Arena

OVR: 0

Trying the exact OP but on AM. I changed Run block and TAK for both sides to be back to default. I’ll let you know how it goes.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 08-21-2018, 02:04 PM   #635
Rookie

rowanl's Arena

You guys are awesome for doing this! I use custom rosters (TFG), Matt’s sliders and custom XP sliders.

I wish EA used more community feedback to make SIM more realistic.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-21-2018, 02:07 PM   #636
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10
Had to stop due that thing called work, but overall, quite happy considering can put the RBL and TAK back to normal values.

Needs more sample size though because right when I think, "Oh, it's too easy to run," on the next play I get blasted 5-yards behind the LOS. Same goes with pass coverage, "Oh, it's so open now...", bam, deflected, intercepted, brick hands - etc.

One thing that I think can definitely be continued though is the pursuit of the Roughing the Passer value in order to have proper pressure applied. I had it on ZERO, on All-Pro, and on All-Madden, and it looks much like a proper collapsing pocket around the QB. With the update, the QB is stepping up into the pocket more as well, so this could start to look really good and organic.

I'll try to sneak in a stream today. I haven't done so since it's been so hit and miss, not to mention my PC has been acting up lately. Think it's a broken RAM stick or slot, not sure yet.
Is the cpu running game any better?
Old 08-21-2018, 02:32 PM   #637
MVP

MvPeterson2828's Arena

After playing a half, it was 21-15 Raiders Vs Dolphins (Me)

There was a lot of good, running game was much better. Still could use a boost, but not a big one.

Lynch 12 carries 34 yards 2.8 yards and a TD
Drake 10 carries 31 yards
Gore 6 carries 9 yards

It felt much better but at times it felt like the tackling was ridiculous with the same old WWE tackles. But simple enough to fix with a lower tackle slider.

My concerns so far only in a half;

Lack of QB pressure on the CPU QB. Suction blocks. At times the DL was being suction into the block and couldn’t get out of it. Other times, it was fine, so that was weird.

CPU QB is practically robo. 10/13 240 yards 1 TD. Carr to be exact. But again, no pressure on the QB, stuff is going to get open no matter what.

Passing overall felt pretty wide open at times with Tannehill sitting at 17/23 197 yards and a TD.

I didn’t really check replay much as I wasn’t thinking about it much, but I did notice a few times a DB wouldn’t stop I would say, but hesitate and lead to open guys.

Next, AP with this setup with same settings as tak 50 and 50 Run block for user and CPU.

Small sample, I know. But I was starting to get annoyed with Carr being super accurate and me being cheated on majority of 3rd downs.

If, mostly like, staying on AM, I would probably make a few tweaks. I’ve spent last week on AM and testing things so I have a general idea where “sweet” spots are so I’ll try that out later I think and just see what it gives me for results. But again, AM totally different to AP so that might be why I’m experiencing what I am.

Next, AP. I’ll post what I get with that shortly (:

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

Last edited by MvPeterson2828; 08-21-2018 at 02:40 PM.
Old 08-21-2018, 02:39 PM   #638
MVP

OVR: 6

Tremendous feedback MVP.

For me the highest priority at the moment is to nail down the user pass rush. It’s going to rectify a lot of other concerns about Qb play. In today’s NFL, without pressure, every QB would put up Robo-like numbers
Old 08-21-2018, 02:43 PM   #639
MVP

MvPeterson2828's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by lhsballa11
Tremendous feedback MVP.

For me the highest priority at the moment is to nail down the user pass rush. It’s going to rectify a lot of other concerns about Qb play. In today’s NFL, without pressure, every QB would put up Robo-like numbers

Much agreed. The pass rush was the issue mainly. It was leading to Carr having all the time in the world to throw the ball and routes to get open. I noticed mostly a lot of suction was coming on deep routes. I’m not sure if there a penalty slider that can help with that or we need to lower pass block tad more?

twitch.tv/mvpeterson2828
Old 08-21-2018, 02:54 PM   #640
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by MvPeterson2828
Much agreed. The pass rush was the issue mainly. It was leading to Carr having all the time in the world to throw the ball and routes to get open. I noticed mostly a lot of suction was coming on deep routes. I’m not sure if there a penalty slider that can help with that or we need to lower pass block tad more?

twitch.tv/mvpeterson2828
Not sure if you saw earlier, but I've been looking at Roughing the Passer. Try it at ZERO, then scale up.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »