Home

Old 08-21-2018, 04:08 PM   #657
Rookie

noahcal11's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Matt10's Madden 19 Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverBullet19
That was in part because that user was getting no pressure. I got pressure fine, but that didn't matter. I'll try it though.
So is the problem that WR's are getting open too easily, or the QB is never inaccurate, or he's making perfect reads, or something else? Cause if you can ID the problem(s) maybe we can fix it without getting tons of pressure on the QB.
Old 08-21-2018, 04:11 PM   #658
MVP

SilverBullet19's Arena

First foray into All-Madden.

Cowboys (84) @ Redskins (80).

Final: Redskins, 24-17

I was down 14-0, got a safety, then came back. Scored with 1:10 left and got the 2 point conversion to make it 17-17, but Robo QB kicked in and Smith went right down the field.

team stats
Redskins
Total offense: 389 (134 rushing, 255 passing)
3rd downs: 4/7 (57%)
Turnovers: 1 (fumble)
Penalties: 1/10 (holding)

Cowboys
Total offense: 342 (212 passing, 130 rushing)
3rd downs: 4/10 (40%)
Turnovers: 1 (int)
Penalties: 4/18 (3 false starts, 1 unnecessary roughness)

Individual:
Alex Smith (CPU):30/34 (88%), 255 yards, 2 TD's, 1 sack
Dak Prescott (User): 20/30, 233 yards, 1 TD 1 INT, 4 sacks

Ezekiel Elliott (User): 24 carries, 121 yards (5.0 avg)
Chris Thompson (CPU): 19 carries, 73 yards (3.8 avg)
Samaje Perine (CPU): 3 carries, 39 yards (13.0 avg)

The good:
User offense is not bad at all. The interception my my fault 100%. Pass rush is a bit overbearing, for sure. I gave up 4 sacks, 3 were on play action...ironic because the patch supposedly improved that blocking. User running is still on point, even on all madden.

On passing I got decent pressure, but he just got rid of the ball quick. One sack, several knock downs.

The bad:
Robo QB is back in full effect. Alex Smith only had incompletions when I simmed as defense. The closest I got to that was a user sack/fumble.

Perhaps better user rush is in order for all madden.

Dropped passes. The patch seemed to fix it for CPU players, sometimes hanging on when they got hit now. For the user, every time my receiver got touched, the ball came flying out. 5 drops in the game for the user, 1 for CPU.

Offside/false start is still overbearing. It's to a point I don't use any false cadences because there's a good chance my guy will jump.

Major Boise State fan
Old 08-21-2018, 04:13 PM   #659
MVP

SilverBullet19's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by noahcal11
So is the problem that WR's are getting open too easily, or the QB is never inaccurate, or he's making perfect reads, or something else? Cause if you can ID the problem(s) maybe we can fix it without getting tons of pressure on the QB.
From 1 full game, I see the following causes of robo QB:

-receivers are always open. Doesn't matter how quick I get pressure, he has a dumpoff waiting. Could be pass coverage or reaction causing this.

-Never off the mark, every pass is perfectly accurate. It could 100% be a QB accuracy issue. We may need to toy with lowering it. I know that may make them less aggressive, but on default they are wildly over aggressive as it is.

-Perhaps pass rush. I felt I got good pressure, only 1 sack though. It could be a compound of all three things.

Major Boise State fan
Old 08-21-2018, 04:16 PM   #660
MVP

MvPeterson2828's Arena

AP test game with new patch and tak at 50 and run block at 50
For both sides.

Bears (Me) vs Packers.

Man this game was awesome! I was losing 3-27 until the 4th when I put up 24 unanswered points to tie it 27-27. Took this to OT and will the momentum I was able to shut down Rodgers and the packers offense. Drive the field and win it 30-27. Such a crazy game!

It was fun, thatís for sure.

Rodgers played like himself 26/39 206 yards 66% sacked 3 times. No TDS or INT

Trubisky was terrible until the 4th quarter. 31/55 312 yards 3 TDS 2 Ints 56% sacked 4 times.

Running wasnít good at all.

Montgomery had 23 carries 55 yards 2.3 average
Howard has 12 carries 33 yards 2.7 average
Cohen had 2 carries 16 yards.

Everything felt pretty good besides running and the fact CPU in the red zone was a bit dumb. Couldíve been better I think. But part of this is the running game being so terrible the CPU stayed away from running plays, PA, etc.

So here is what I am thinking Matt:

AM-

CPU AI is pretty smart and will kill you if you call the wrong play or do something wrong. They pick up things pretty well.

QB AI itself is a lot smarter in general. But I think this due to the AM boosts that are there so it makes sense.

Cons: lack of QB pressure. But playing with roughing the passer slider you say might help so thatíll have to be looked at.

QB AI is robo due to the lack of pass rush because guys get suctioned into the blocks.

Mixed: run game wasnít terrible, but it wasnít good either. It was just kind of there. Itís better than being terrible though.

AP- is

Pros: I saw no Robo QB on my end. Again, Rodgers a top QB completed 66% his passes and nothing felt cheesy about it.

Pressure was great. It felt natural and didnít always felt suction. But, suction blocks are there still. Again,
You said roughing the passer can help with this so gotta test it.

Cons: run game, it was just a mess. There wasnít any holes for either side. It wasnít a Insta shed I would say, but the DL got off their blocks kind of fast. But packers donít exactly got a good RB. For me, kind same thing, but it wasnít terrible. Some runs I could run, others I couldnít at all. I think more
Sample is needed here.

Mixed: AP is AP. AI logic isnít the best and probably never will be. It isnít terrible though. I think some the bad logic is from traits as well. It was pretty good this game so that was good.

Overall I think AM, once the pass rush is figured out, it might help that robo QB a bit but not fully. Might have to tweak QB accuracy a little more to help with that.

Run game could use a little tweaking to make it better. Could easily be a tackling thing or run block, maybe both.

AP felt good, I liked it.

I donít think I wouldíve won this game though if the CPU was able to run at least a little haha. I thought some the decision making from the CPU in redzone is just terrible.

I think a boost in running game, same as AM; will be needed for sure. That 27 unanswered points I put up was a little odd. Their defense fell asleep haha. But again, happens in real life so Iím not too worried about it. If it keeps happening Iíll be worried.

Overall, patch has helped a lot with the crazy tackles which is nice to see. This patch definitely didnít harm anything so far from what Iíve seen.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 08-21-2018, 04:17 PM   #661
Rookie

OVR: 3

Sorry if dumb question but does difficulty matter when playing with ur sliders?
I want to play on pro and didnít know if that would mess it up?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-21-2018, 04:23 PM   #662
Rookie

noahcal11's Arena

Quote:
From 1 full game, I see the following causes of robo QB:

-receivers are always open. Doesn't matter how quick I get pressure, he has a dumpoff waiting. Could be pass coverage or reaction causing this.

-Never off the mark, every pass is perfectly accurate. It could 100% be a QB accuracy issue. We may need to toy with lowering it. I know that may make them less aggressive, but on default they are wildly over aggressive as it is.

-Perhaps pass rush. I felt I got good pressure, only 1 sack though. It could be a compound of all three things.
It probably is a compound. You said the sack was a user sack so maybe try the roughing the passer slider first, if you get more pressure then maybe that'll fix the QB accuracy. Maybe you could try moving QBA down a bit too if they're hyper aggressive. I would agree that user coverage needs to be tighter in the flats tho; he went 30/34 but it was only for 255 so it wasn't like you were constantly getting burned deep, it was just the dumpoffs.

I've been playing on AP so I might have to make those changes and try it on AM for my next game. It's frustrating but these sliders are so close to perfect.
Old 08-21-2018, 04:27 PM   #663
MVP

SilverBullet19's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by noahcal11
It probably is a compound. You said the sack was a user sack so maybe try the roughing the passer slider first, if you get more pressure then maybe that'll fix the QB accuracy. Maybe you could try moving QBA down a bit too if they're hyper aggressive. I would agree that user coverage needs to be tighter in the flats tho; he went 30/34 but it was only for 255 so it wasn't like you were constantly getting burned deep, it was just the dumpoffs.

I've been playing on AP so I might have to make those changes and try it on AM for my next game. It's frustrating but these sliders are so close to perfect.
Yeah, that's my plan. My next game is against the Titans, so a loss has no impact on my division standings. It's a good game for testing in that case lol

Major Boise State fan
Old 08-21-2018, 05:06 PM   #664
Rookie

noahcal11's Arena

Quote:
Yeah, that's my plan. My next game is against the Titans, so a loss has no impact on my division standings. It's a good game for testing in that case lol
The stats look alright but how has the CPU run game been on AM?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »