Home

Matt10's Madden 19 Sliders

This is a discussion on Matt10's Madden 19 Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-09-2018, 12:17 AM   #65
Rookie

PhillyFan22's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Matt10's Madden 19 Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10
⏭ GENERAL THOUGHTS: Pass Reaction

A quick comment regarding the Pass Reaction at 0/0. The determination here was not just about insta-shed vs holding blocks in that comparison, but actually more so to why the run game on default struggles in the first place. The reason that there is a struggle, if you look at the OL, they are pushing for second level blocking almost immediately at the LOS. They push the DL out of the way, then right away push upfield. This fraction of a second causes the plays to get blown up right away. The pass reaction value controls the reaction as defensive players overall. Because they are just a bit delayed, the OL pushes and holds just a fraction longer. So instead of pushing upfield immediately, they now hold just a quick second, which then provides that little bit of time for the RB to get past the LOS.

The issue now with the CPU running, is kind of "Back to normal" of what Madden has always done - which is the directness of running by the RB. They juke a bit too much, spin a bit too much. Good thing is I think we can combat that and force them to hit the obvious holes once they get past the LOS. That is what I'll be testing tonight, very cautiously mind you as each slider value is quite sensitive.
Went back and looked at some of your great work from NCAA '14. How you feeling about the fundamentals of this game compared to that game? Also, do you think the running game is something that can be fixed with a sweet spot sliders or will require patching. Worries me that how good the rest of gameplay is if patching could ruin it.

Last edited by PhillyFan22; 08-09-2018 at 12:19 AM. Reason: Spelling errors
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-09-2018, 12:40 AM   #66
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyFan22
Went back and looked at some of your great work from NCAA '14. How you feeling about the fundamentals of this game compared to that game? Also, do you think the running game is something that can be fixed with a sweet spot sliders or will require patching. Worries me that how good the rest of gameplay is if patching could ruin it.
I definitely think the run game can be improved. I wish I had more time in the day, but I tested a lot this evening. Nothing super definite yet, but V2 base is there to stay. However, enhancing the CPU run is still a priority.

19's slider values are sensitive. That's the main thing I've learned. Just have to take a tad more time with it although progress is being made.

If you're open to it, the last thing I stopped testing tonight was trying to get the CPU runners to hit the hole harder and more direct. I modified the fumble value from 50, to 48, then back up to 52 and saw really solid results. The tackling is still so "solid" that there is not enough gang tackling, so that will be the combination of focus with the RB running. It does seem similar to 18 where the fumble value controls the behavior of the runner.
Old 08-09-2018, 01:10 AM   #67
Rookie

PhillyFan22's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10
I definitely think the run game can be improved. I wish I had more time in the day, but I tested a lot this evening. Nothing super definite yet, but V2 base is there to stay. However, enhancing the CPU run is still a priority.

19's slider values are sensitive. That's the main thing I've learned. Just have to take a tad more time with it although progress is being made.

If you're open to it, the last thing I stopped testing tonight was trying to get the CPU runners to hit the hole harder and more direct. I modified the fumble value from 50, to 48, then back up to 52 and saw really solid results. The tackling is still so "solid" that there is not enough gang tackling, so that will be the combination of focus with the RB running. It does seem similar to 18 where the fumble value controls the behavior of the runner.
Will bump it up, and play a game now since I got the kids to bed. Post my results after it. the only thing that kills me is the whip tackle, IDK why that's even an animation lol
Old 08-09-2018, 02:06 AM   #68
MVP

Hushroom's Arena

OVR: 10

Decided to fire these up in my test CFM...

I was Atlanta playing against the Bengals

I won 38-13 in dominant fashion. Matty Ice had 400+ yards 4 td 1 int

Devonta Freeman had 15 att 15 yards 1 td (me)
Joe Mixon had 14 att 4 yards 0 td (cpu)
Gio Bernard had 12 att 19 yards 0 td (cpu)

Still torn if I'm going to buy the game or not. Currently still on my 10 hour trial.

I don't think any slider set is fixing this CPU run issue...
Milwaukee Bucks
Vegas Golden Knights
Old 08-09-2018, 02:19 AM   #69
Rookie

PhillyFan22's Arena

Bumped fumbles slider up to 52. CPU running back definitely had noticeable improvement hitting the hole and being more decisive. Not posting stats because Ravens (me) absolutely annihilated the 49ers. Jimmy G threw 5 INTs and was just terrible. But, moving back up to All-Madden and will get some more games in tomorrow. All-Pro right now is just too easy to pass on.

Also, does it make a difference gameplay wise to be using accelerated clock or no?
Old 08-09-2018, 04:22 AM   #70
Rookie

Fredette's Arena

Played two games (All-Pro/Simulation/10 minutes quarters) with this sliders last night (Won against the Raiders, lost against Chargers) and it was a lot of fun for me. Decreased holding - 2 and CPU interceptions down to 15 (I'm not a good passer). CPU had some nice running games (better then out of box gameplay)

will definitely continue to play with this sliders. thanks for your good work!

Last edited by Fredette; 08-09-2018 at 04:25 AM.
Old 08-09-2018, 06:38 AM   #71
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hushroom
Decided to fire these up in my test CFM...

I was Atlanta playing against the Bengals

I won 38-13 in dominant fashion. Matty Ice had 400+ yards 4 td 1 int

Devonta Freeman had 15 att 15 yards 1 td (me)
Joe Mixon had 14 att 4 yards 0 td (cpu)
Gio Bernard had 12 att 19 yards 0 td (cpu)

Still torn if I'm going to buy the game or not. Currently still on my 10 hour trial.

I don't think any slider set is fixing this CPU run issue...
I think it's on the right track for sure. That's a small sample size, but again animations triggered tell the story and I imagine that Freeman just gets blown up. I've played the Bengals as the Ravens multiple times and he doesn't do well either. Then I'll play against the Saints and Kamara will rack up yards.

The key with the balance is just a couple values here and there, slight tweaks, I'm sure of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyFan22
Bumped fumbles slider up to 52. CPU running back definitely had noticeable improvement hitting the hole and being more decisive. Not posting stats because Ravens (me) absolutely annihilated the 49ers. Jimmy G threw 5 INTs and was just terrible. But, moving back up to All-Madden and will get some more games in tomorrow. All-Pro right now is just too easy to pass on.

Also, does it make a difference gameplay wise to be using accelerated clock or no?
Good to hear 52 showed the same type of decisive play by the CPU RB as well. Going to look into it a bit more today and finding the balance of shed blocks + tackles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fredette
Played two games (All-Pro/Simulation/10 minutes quarters) with this sliders last night (Won against the Raiders, lost against Chargers) and it was a lot of fun for me. Decreased holding - 2 and CPU interceptions down to 15 (I'm not a good passer). CPU had some nice running games (better then out of box gameplay)

will definitely continue to play with this sliders. thanks for your good work!
Glad to hear that, thanks for the suggestion on lowering holding, that's definitely one I've been looking at as well. How was the coverage at INT 15? I have not gone that low yet myself.

It's amazing how much more sensitive these sliders are this year. Modifying one value really does throw everything into a different dimension at times. I think V2 is the proper base, and V3 will be the enhancement. Thanks, guys.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-09-2018, 10:35 AM   #72
MVP

Hushroom's Arena

OVR: 10

Yes freeman would get blown up. Same with Mixon and Bernard. I want to test these again this time playing either the cowboys or Steelers to see if Zeke/Bell can do some work on me.
Milwaukee Bucks
Vegas Golden Knights

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »