Home

Old 08-12-2018, 12:47 PM   #73
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Madden 19 CPU vs CPU Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommycoa
In years past, the human was at both a bad advantage and a good advantage. The past games had too much momentum going on under the hood. Youíd see a team have 3 quick turnovers that results in scores for the opposing team. Stats would be close, but the score wouldnít reflect it because of those crazy momentum swings that looked more like NCAA style ball than NFL.

This year things seem even.

Week 1 I controlled the Pats they won by 11 over Texans and they just beat the Jags by 17.

Only 2 picks, both by Bortles in that game. Week 2 picks didnít seem as bad. Still havent seen a fumble though. Also may see if the kickoff slider works. Not enough touchbacks and thereís tons of short kicks that give the return team good field position.

So far these seem pretty good. Especially this early in the release with no player edits. Not gonna tweak much now. Just want to enjoy it.
Got it. Iím in my first game with your sliders right now and for what itís worth I did see a sack fumble.

Also, still playing with just one human controlled team.
Old 08-12-2018, 12:50 PM   #74
MVP

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcSteve
Got it. Iím in my first game with your sliders right now and for what itís worth I did see a sack fumble.

Also, still playing with just one human controlled team.
Take back the fumble thing. Deshaun Watson fumbled twice against the Pats, just like he did last season. Havenít seen other players fumble though.
Old 08-12-2018, 12:52 PM   #75
Rookie

Quote:
Take back the fumble thing. Deshaun Watson fumbled twice against the Pats, just like he did last season. Haven’t seen other players fumble though.
Also, about kickoffs, remember that touchbacks come out to the 25 yard line now anyway. So keep that in mind when considering what good starting field position is. May not be necessary to play with the sliders there too much.

The special-teams oddity that stands out to me is how often kickers try long field goals. It’s not just the length of a field goal, but sometimes it’s fourth and inches and they will try a 55 yard field goal. Most teams would go for in that case. That said, I can live with that. Just nitpicking.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2018, 12:54 PM   #76
MVP

Quote:
Also, about kickoffs, remember that touchbacks come out to the 25 yard line now anyway. So keep that in mind when considering what good starting field position is. May not be necessary to play with the slider is there too much.

The special-teams oddity that stands out to me is how often kickers try long field goals. It’s not just the length of a field goal, but sometimes it’s fourth and inches and they will try a 55 yard field goal. Most teams would go for in that case. That said, I can live with that. Just nitpicking.
Nothing we can do this year with that. Last year you could change kickers and punters coaches scheme to balanced and it would help with this. But i did see the jags go for it on 4 and 4 in the second quarter. Then faked a field goal later on the drive not wanting to give Brady back the ball with no points because the Pats had just misses one of the 58 yard field goal kickers because Gotowski is set to Power Kicker. No way to change that.

On the kick offs, they catch the kickoff at the 15 and take it to the own 35+.
Old 08-12-2018, 01:01 PM   #77
Rookie

Quote:
Nothing we can do this year with that. Last year you could change kickers and punters coaches scheme to balanced and it would help with this. But i did see the jags go for it on 4 and 4 in the second quarter. Then faked a field goal later on the drive not wanting to give Brady back the ball with no points because the Pats had just misses one of the 58 yard field goal kickers because Gotowski is set to Power Kicker. No way to change that.

On the kick offs, they catch the kickoff at the 15 and take it to the own 35+.
I havenít seen or at least I havenít noticed the same issue on kick offís. Will take a closer look and keep you posted.
Old 08-12-2018, 01:03 PM   #78
MVP

Quote:
I havenít seen or at least I havenít noticed the same issue on kick offís. Will take a closer look and keep you posted.
Mightíve been the wind was heavy in the game. It was just the Pats doing it.
Old 08-12-2018, 01:46 PM   #79
MVP

Playmakers Info

Something Playmakers interesting shared with me in an email. He told me about this a long time ago, but I’d forgotten the formula.

Playmakers:

“Lower the the on field sounds to about 50 my reason for this is because it makes the game feel fluid on the field. I challenge anyone to play a single game with the on field sound reduced down and you'll feel the tackles are much more realistic sounding on impact.”

Keep an eye on that thread. Even though it’s for human vs cpu, some of the ideas will carry over to cpu vs cpu. Playmakers does human vs cpu with modern rosters and cpu vs cpu with his classic rosters. His info will be better than mine because he dabbles in both modes.

Last edited by tommycoa; 08-12-2018 at 01:48 PM.
Old 08-12-2018, 01:52 PM   #80
Rookie

OVR: 4

turn the assists like heat seaker and ballhawk ON or OFF?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »