Home

Madden 19 CPU vs CPU Sliders

This is a discussion on Madden 19 CPU vs CPU Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-20-2018, 07:31 PM   #825
MVP

OVR: 6
Re: Madden 19 CPU vs CPU Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdoug78
Another update on injury slider testing sorry for such a long post. This time 5 games with CFM menu injuries at 45 and the rest the same as the OP.

Results as follows:

Game 1
Score 20-17 Overtime game won with 3 mins remaining, Injuries 6 with 2 more than a week and 3 out for the game, QB comp % 61 & 67%, rush atts 56 yds 144, 11 Btks, 20 TFL, 6 sacks, 8 Defl, 1 INt and Pens 7-43

Game 2
Score 10-29, Injuries 5 with 2 more than a week and 2 out for rest of game, QB comp % 72 & 50%, Rush atts 48 for 176 yds, 2 BTKs, 9 TFL, 5 sacks, 5 Defl, 1 Int, Pens 6-36.

Game 3
Score 24-34, 6 injuries 1 more than week and 1 for the rest of game, QB Comp% 63 & 68%, rush atts 48 for 148 yds, 1 Fum, 4 BTKs, 14 TFL, 7 sacks, 5 Defl, 3 Ints, Pens 5-55.

Game 4
Score 13-25, Injuries 2 both minor but out for game, QB Comp % 56 & 63 %, Rush atts 50 for 230 yds, 10 Btks, 10 TFL, 7 sacks, 11 Defl, 1 INt, Pens 3-35.

Game 5
Score 14-31, Injuries 6 all minor with 2 for rest of game, QB Comp % 65 & 53%, rush atts 49 for 177 yds, 8 BTKs, 10 TFL, 3 sacks, 9 Defl, 2 INTs, Pens 8-40.

Overall I liked what I saw from the injuries perspective, good amount and some out more than a week but not too many and also not every game. It felt to me as if the run game was a little less effective than when the injury slider was at 40, lots of under 3 yd gains seemingly especially on text plays and the stats seem to back this up although it is only 5 games worth of stats.

The overall run stats are not that much different over the 5 games to when I had injuries slider at 40. There were 251 atts for 875 yds at 3.48 ypc, and although there were x2 100 yd rushing games by HB’s, 2 rushes of 75 and then 35 yds distort the figures and would bring the ypc down to 3.07 without those two. I have also found in all play the moments games that im not seeing runs over 20 yds very often, I would say 1 every 2 or 3 games on average but the ypc was still good with injuries at 40 so im not too concerned by that.

It also felt as if there were far more redzone penalties than when injuries were at 40, the stats also suggest this is correct. There were 2 penalties less and the average yards per pen dropped from 10 to 7.2.

Tommy you were correct in that most deflections occur during watched plays and TFL’s in the simmed/text plays, I was seeing the same again. I am happy that the QB comp % is still looking good. It was just under 62% over the course of the 5 games, with TFL’s at 12.6 per game, Sacks jumped from 19 wit 40 injuries to 28 over the 5 games and the deflections averaged 7.6.

I am loving play the moments right now and think the sliders are as good as you will get!

I think i will roll with CFM injuries at 40 and try increasing to 43 if i don't see enough injuries in the longer term, this is for play the moments games only (simmed games i am using 53 but a lot are using 55 as on the OP). Im not satisfied that 45 wouldn't have a detrimental effect on the run game and some other stats and don't think its worth it for the sake of a few extra injuries.
Good stuff. I agree. This is about the best you can get Madden to play, by limiting how much you actually watch. Plus, you can get through a season quick. Wish i could watch all of the big season games or the playoffs, but I can live with this method. Seems like i can do 3 games in an hour. If i did fast super sim speed, it’d take maybe 1o minutes a game, but I like to watch the text messages, so i can grab the vibe and ebb and flow of the game.

TFLs look good, man. That 20 tfl game is just one of those anomalies. Love that the stats are kinda all over the place, but they stay within the median you want them to be. The deflections are still a tad high, but hey, what else can you do? I can live with it. 6,7,8,9 is about the best we can ask for. Plus that’s 2 teams worth of players. I kinda think madden simmed games deflections are a bit low. Last years best team averaged 6 a game and the worst team averaged 2 or 3 a game.

Question, are these games in the same week or are they the same team but week to week?

The best test would be to do 5 games a week. Do week 1, week 4, week 8, week 12, week 16. That way, we know if injuries happen more in a specific period of the season that there’s just certain times of the season when players have season fatigue and are more apt to get banged up. Never found a good slider set that ever really allowed me to play deep into a season before this play the moment setup, so this injury thing through the year is new to me.

Also, XP is new to me. I don’t really know much about XP. Gotta lotta catching up to do with that aspect.

Seems like XP is different this year. Only a few players get selected a week to get improved. Seems way different than last year. Last year i thought you could progress the xp on any player you wanted, but this year XP is selective in who receives it week to week.

If I’m wrong on this, please let me know. Tdawg is the expert on this, and he is out of town right now, so i can’t ask him.

The file is called xboxassantesgreatestever.

Teams finished:
Bears, bills, browns, KC, Dall, Miami, Philly, ATL, SF, NYG, Jags, GB, NE, OAK, Rams, Ravens, WASH, NO, PITT, broncos, Texans, panthers, vikings, colts
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-20-2018, 08:37 PM   #826
Slider Guru

cdcool's Arena

OVR: 2

You guys think there might be another patch?
Old 09-20-2018, 08:47 PM   #827
Pro

dc thompsoncanyon838's Arena

OVR: 0

Inevitable that there will be another patch. Hopefully real soon. I have just concluded getting all my settings together and when I install the game I am going to start by not using the patches to be on the safe side. If need be I can always put.in later. As seems the norm at first most favor the improvements,then a few days later,game is worse. How can they give list of dozens of corrections and still have so many issues? Should have some info for you all Friday eve or Saturday morn !
Old 09-20-2018, 08:54 PM   #828
Slider Guru

cdcool's Arena

The next patch will eliminate the need for key moments. Any takers?
Old 09-20-2018, 08:58 PM   #829
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdcool
The next patch will eliminate the need for key moments. Any takers?
Doubt it.

I think this game is built to watch 40 plays, and I’m sure if you watch a game with default settings, 6 minute quarters, 20 second runoff, you’d see 35-45 play the whole game. The game clock and game engine just don’t have the right stuff to play a 120 play contest.

I hope we can watch full games after patch, but I doubt we will. I think this is as good as it gets, so good times and noodle salad.

Teams finished:
Bears, bills, browns, KC, Dall, Miami, Philly, ATL, SF, NYG, Jags, GB, NE, OAK, Rams, Ravens, WASH, NO, PITT, broncos, Texans, panthers, vikings, colts
Old 09-20-2018, 09:08 PM   #830
Slider Guru

cdcool's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommycoa
Doubt it.

I think this game is built to watch 40 plays, and I’m sure if you watch a game with default settings, 6 minute quarters, 20 second runoff, you’d see 35-45 play the whole game. The game clock and game engine just don’t have the right stuff to play a 120 play contest.

I hope we can watch full games after patch, but I doubt we will. I think this is as good as it gets, so good times and noodle salad.

LOL I’m still watching 15 minute quarters with 15 second accelerated clock and it ain’t all that bad, not enough to make me wanna switch to and from Key Moments any way.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 09-20-2018, 09:27 PM   #831
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdcool
LOL I’m still watching 15 minute quarters with 15 second accelerated clock and it ain’t all that bad, not enough to make me wanna switch to and from Key Moments any way.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Gameplay and stats just feel smoother with play the moments. I think asking sliders to work for 120 plays is asking just a bit too much from the game. I do wish i could watch some of the better matchups and the playoff, but i know the deflections will spiral out of control. Last time i tried a whole game, there was 30 deflections, no joke. That’s when I settled for Play the Moments. Way better than I ever imagined. I bet i can do 5 games in the time it takes to watch one.

If i were to try and build a set for 15 minute quarters, i’d Definitely delete the game and patches and go back to out of the box, no patches because the qbs still audible there. Lack of audibles hurts it for me but when i do play the key moments, i don’t notice it all. Play the key moments is basically a bandaid, but it lets me see these players i draft in action. At this point, that’s all i want. If it’s only 40 plays, i’ll Take it.

Teams finished:
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-20-2018, 09:38 PM   #832
Slider Guru

cdcool's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommycoa
Gameplay and stats just feel smoother with play the moments. I think asking sliders to work for 120 plays is asking just a bit too much from the game. I do wish i could watch some of the better matchups and the playoff, but i know the deflections will spiral out of control. Last time i tried a whole game, there was 30 deflections, no joke. That’s when I settled for Play the Moments. Way better than I ever imagined. I bet i can do 5 games in the time it takes to watch one.

If i were to try and build a set for 15 minute quarters, i’d Definitely delete the game and patches and go back to out of the box, no patches because the qbs still audible there. Lack of audibles hurts it for me but when i do play the key moments, i don’t notice it all. Play the key moments is basically a bandaid, but it lets me see these players i draft in action. At this point, that’s all i want. If it’s only 40 plays, i’ll Take it.
I hear you Tommy, I can't, another patch is coming, don't go crazy.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »