Home

Madden 19 CPU vs CPU Sliders

This is a discussion on Madden 19 CPU vs CPU Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-20-2018, 10:12 PM   #833
Pro

dc thompsoncanyon838's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Madden 19 CPU vs CPU Sliders

Think about this a sec. Remember the Madden tournys a few months back with the competitive gamers? Most every game that was played did not have the errors we do. 2 or 3 games there was some.cheesy glitches where they had to cut away and stop game play while they fixed it on the fly. Why can't we then have that type of gaming experience. They play what is it, 5 or 6 min quarters,all Madden, competitive, default settings? Perhaps that would be an alternative.
Old 09-21-2018, 12:10 AM   #834
MVP

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by dc thompsoncanyon838
Think about this a sec. Remember the Madden tournys a few months back with the competitive gamers? Most every game that was played did not have the errors we do. 2 or 3 games there was some.cheesy glitches where they had to cut away and stop game play while they fixed it on the fly. Why can't we then have that type of gaming experience. They play what is it, 5 or 6 min quarters,all Madden, competitive, default settings? Perhaps that would be an alternative.
The problem with this would be not getting the 120–130 plays, and your team may only play 20-30 snaps on each side of the ball. Season stats would be severely screwed. It’d basically be giving you a Tecmo Bowl-sized game sample when regarding number of plays, but I would think the gameplay would be much better.

With this play the moments method, you get the plays and the gameplay perks and the stats. It’s that 40 play window. Now last year, i got the game to play right for 15 minute quarters with good stats and animations and gameplay but that was after the December patch that fixed qb play. If they loosen up the coverage, especially the linebackers, we may be able to watch a full game this year without it being wonky. But the next patch/a future patch may make the coverage too loose, we know how that goes, and then we’re nerfing qb acc lower, where now, it plays great at higher settings but if they loosen coverage, who knows what’ll happen.

The file is called xboxassantesgreatestever.

Teams finished:
Bears, bills, browns, KC, Dall, Miami, Philly, ATL, SF, NYG, Jags, GB, NE, OAK, Rams, Ravens, WASH, NO, PITT, broncos, Texans, panthers, vikings, colts
Old 09-21-2018, 01:33 AM   #835
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommycoa
Good stuff. I agree. This is about the best you can get Madden to play, by limiting how much you actually watch. Plus, you can get through a season quick. Wish i could watch all of the big season games or the playoffs, but I can live with this method. Seems like i can do 3 games in an hour. If i did fast super sim speed, it’d take maybe 1o minutes a game, but I like to watch the text messages, so i can grab the vibe and ebb and flow of the game.

TFLs look good, man. That 20 tfl game is just one of those anomalies. Love that the stats are kinda all over the place, but they stay within the median you want them to be. The deflections are still a tad high, but hey, what else can you do? I can live with it. 6,7,8,9 is about the best we can ask for. Plus that’s 2 teams worth of players. I kinda think madden simmed games deflections are a bit low. Last years best team averaged 6 a game and the worst team averaged 2 or 3 a game.

Question, are these games in the same week or are they the same team but week to week?

The best test would be to do 5 games a week. Do week 1, week 4, week 8, week 12, week 16. That way, we know if injuries happen more in a specific period of the season that there’s just certain times of the season when players have season fatigue and are more apt to get banged up. Never found a good slider set that ever really allowed me to play deep into a season before this play the moment setup, so this injury thing through the year is new to me.

Also, XP is new to me. I don’t really know much about XP. Gotta lotta catching up to do with that aspect.

Seems like XP is different this year. Only a few players get selected a week to get improved. Seems way different than last year. Last year i thought you could progress the xp on any player you wanted, but this year XP is selective in who receives it week to week.

If I’m wrong on this, please let me know. Tdawg is the expert on this, and he is out of town right now, so i can’t ask him.
These games were all week 5, the stats for the injuries at 40 were all in week 3. Normally I would play as one team and maybe only watch a couple of games a week but play the moments is allowing me to play all games every week because you can get through them so quickly so I think the stats are more reliable to go on. I might find in the later weeks that injuries need tweaking again.

That 20 tfl loss game was a tight defensive battle and both teams struggled in the run game, it went deep into overtime s well so there were an extra 12 mins played which puts the stats out a little, so I’m not concerned by that.

I’ve also never really played around with xp, and have always relied on Tdawgs sliders with him being the recognised expert. I saw an interesting post in his thread yesterday which broke down how xp is given this year but with him being out of town he hasn’t had the chance to look at it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-21-2018, 02:03 AM   #836
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdoug78
These games were all week 5, the stats for the injuries at 40 were all in week 3. Normally I would play as one team and maybe only watch a couple of games a week but play the moments is allowing me to play all games every week because you can get through them so quickly so I think the stats are more reliable to go on. I might find in the later weeks that injuries need tweaking again.

That 20 tfl loss game was a tight defensive battle and both teams struggled in the run game, it went deep into overtime s well so there were an extra 12 mins played which puts the stats out a little, so I’m not concerned by that.

I’ve also never really played around with xp, and have always relied on Tdawgs sliders with him being the recognised expert. I saw an interesting post in his thread yesterday which broke down how xp is given this year but with him being out of town he hasn’t had the chance to look at it.
Didn’t correlate the 20 tfl game was OT, my bad. I don’t mind it. I think the eagles falcons opener flirted with 20 tfl in real life. It was high. So was penalties. Sometimes things go haywire. I like that the sim stats bring this. Adds lots of variety, and makes me feel even better about playing the key moments. Actually used to play kind of this style on Front Page Sports Football in the 90s. That super sim thing was very similiar to Madden. Front Page Sports is still considered one of the greatest football games of all time.

Teams finished:
Bears, bills, browns, KC, Dall, Miami, Philly, ATL, SF, NYG, Jags, GB, NE, OAK, Rams, Ravens, WASH, NO, PITT, broncos, Texans, panthers, vikings, colts
Old 09-21-2018, 09:05 PM   #837
Rookie

OVR: 2

Tommy how many PTM’s do you see roughly per game? I’m going to try this out, but wanted to see how many on average you roughly get since you said to limit to 30-40 a game. I was thinking of just Normal simming until the 4th but doesn’t sound like that will work either so I wanted to get an idea of what to do.
Old 09-21-2018, 09:16 PM   #838
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by GCruz79
Tommy how many PTM’s do you see roughly per game? I’m going to try this out, but wanted to see how many on average you roughly get since you said to limit to 30-40 a game. I was thinking of just Normal simming until the 4th but doesn’t sound like that will work either so I wanted to get an idea of what to do.
I don’t think PTM has a set amount. Some games get interrupted more than others, like blowouts.

In the first half, i try to only watch 3rd downs and red zone stuff and skip some of the moments or just back out and super sim again after i watch the moment. I try to only watch 10 plays in the first half, sometimes i do more. You’ll know if you watched too much because the pass deflections will start to waver out of control. When you see that, back off, and let it sim a while with text messages.

I wouldn’t recommend watching just the 4th quarter. The super sim thing on normal or fast, really seems to better calibrate the game. Game is way better when you watch it in spurts and it’s the cpu choosing which spurts to watch, so the madden gods seem appeased. Lol.

Also seems like there’s always one quarter where you arent prompted as much. Kinda random which quarter that is. I just do a pitch count. The most plays i’d Push it to would be 50, maybe 60 if it goes to OT, but that’s really pushing it.

Teams finished:

Last edited by tommycoa; 09-21-2018 at 09:19 PM.
Old 09-21-2018, 09:22 PM   #839
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommycoa
I don’t think PTM has a set amount. Some games get interrupted more than others, like blowouts.

In the first half, i try to only watch 3rd downs and red zone stuff and skip some of the moments or just back out and super sim again after i watch the moment. I try to only watch 10 plays in the first half, sometimes i do more. You’ll know if you watched too much because the pass deflections will start to waver out of control. When you see that, back off, and let it sim a while with text messages.

I wouldn’t recommend watching just the 4th quarter. The super sim thing on normal or fast, really seems to better calibrate the game. Game is way better when you watch it in spurts and it’s the cpu choosing which spurts to watch, so the madden gods seem appeased. Lol.

Also seems like there’s always one quarter where you arent prompted as much. Kinda random which quarter that is. I just do a pitch count. The most plays i’d Push it to would be 50, maybe 60 if it goes to OT, but that’s really pushing it.
Awesome, sounds like a plan. I’m restarting my franchise now, see how well this works out. Thanks for taking the time to get this crazy with it, this is way more in depth than anyone should have had to go with it, but all praise to you if it brings some good games and stats.
Old 09-21-2018, 09:24 PM   #840
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GCruz79
Awesome, sounds like a plan. I’m restarting my franchise now, see how well this works out. Thanks for taking the time to get this crazy with it, this is way more in depth than anyone should have had to go with it, but all praise to you if it brings some good games and stats.
BTW in your OP you said choose advanced, but that difficulty is All Pro. Wouldn’t you select the one all the way to the right (expert) to get all madden, or is it just adjusting the difficulty to all Madden after you get in the main menu?

Last edited by GCruz79; 09-21-2018 at 09:43 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »