Home

Old 10-03-2018, 08:55 PM   #881
Pro

BigOrangeVol4Life's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Madden 19 CPU vs CPU Sliders

TommyCoa, I've been busy at work and haven't been able to keep up with your sliders like I want to. Are you saying you now prefer Play the Moments over watching a full game of CPU vs CPU as far as the most realistic results go?

Is there still a set created by you I can use for strictly full game CPU vs CPU where you watch the entire game without Play the Moments?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-03-2018, 09:35 PM   #882
MVP

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigOrangeVol4Life
TommyCoa, I've been busy at work and haven't been able to keep up with your sliders like I want to. Are you saying you now prefer Play the Moments over watching a full game of CPU vs CPU as far as the most realistic results go?

Is there still a set created by you I can use for strictly full game CPU vs CPU where you watch the entire game without Play the Moments?
Iíve come to realize that Play the Moments is as good as it gets. Or at least for now.

Long term, Iím not sure.

Iím starting to believe that the game engine just canít handle us watching 120-130 plays a game. With play the key moments, you only watch about 40-50 plays. Mostly 40.

Why only 40 plays?

When you start the game, the out of the box settings have the quarter length at 6 minutes and the accelerated clock on with a 20 second runoff. I havenít played a game with these quarter and clock settings, but I bet you get about 40 plays a game with this setting.

Now, you canít get accurate stats with 6 minutes and 20 second runoff, but you can with 15 minute quarter, 15 second runoff and play the key moments. With play the key moments, you see the 40 plays or so a game.

I have nothing but strong impressions from my play the key moments experiment. Canít recommend it high enough. This is a good thing to settle for. because letís face it, this kind of settling for something. but itís rewarding and you can just enjoy the game, albeit, in small bursts. but these small bursts are awesome.

impressions from play the moments:

-no cheating or bending to get scripted results
-real stats
-less of a chance to see the game make mistakes it shouldít make
-consistent gameplay
-good game flow
-you can probably do 4-6 games in the time you watch a full game
-the game seems to behave better and just seems way more consistent. feels like it the gameplay is better synched by the texted sim stats. itís very organic.
-your not constantly testing sliders

Use the settings on the OP, but lower block in back to 60. i have some more adjustments, very minor. My kids are watching Nextgen on Netflix, so i canít review them right now.

I havenít given up on finding sliders that will work for a whole game. Iím just waiting until December or so for more patches. I had a killer set last year that got ruined by a late-patch. Iím kind of paranoid about finding another killer set and having a patch ruin it. this is like a bandaid. But a very good bandaid. A lot of the glitches donít happen because weíre watching small windows of each game. Thatís the best I can explain it.

The file is called xboxassantesgreatestever.

Teams finished:
Bears, bills, browns, KC, Dall, Miami, Philly, ATL, SF, NYG, Jags, GB, NE, OAK, Rams, Ravens, WASH, NO, PITT, broncos, Texans, panthers, vikings, colts
Old 10-04-2018, 10:07 AM   #883
Pro

BigOrangeVol4Life's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommycoa
Iíve come to realize that Play the Moments is as good as it gets. Or at least for now.

Long term, Iím not sure.

Iím starting to believe that the game engine just canít handle us watching 120-130 plays a game. With play the key moments, you only watch about 40-50 plays. Mostly 40.

Why only 40 plays?

When you start the game, the out of the box settings have the quarter length at 6 minutes and the accelerated clock on with a 20 second runoff. I havenít played a game with these quarter and clock settings, but I bet you get about 40 plays a game with this setting.

Now, you canít get accurate stats with 6 minutes and 20 second runoff, but you can with 15 minute quarter, 15 second runoff and play the key moments. With play the key moments, you see the 40 plays or so a game.

I have nothing but strong impressions from my play the key moments experiment. Canít recommend it high enough. This is a good thing to settle for. because letís face it, this kind of settling for something. but itís rewarding and you can just enjoy the game, albeit, in small bursts. but these small bursts are awesome.

impressions from play the moments:

-no cheating or bending to get scripted results
-real stats
-less of a chance to see the game make mistakes it shouldít make
-consistent gameplay
-good game flow
-you can probably do 4-6 games in the time you watch a full game
-the game seems to behave better and just seems way more consistent. feels like it the gameplay is better synched by the texted sim stats. itís very organic.
-your not constantly testing sliders

Use the settings on the OP, but lower block in back to 60. i have some more adjustments, very minor. My kids are watching Nextgen on Netflix, so i canít review them right now.

I havenít given up on finding sliders that will work for a whole game. Iím just waiting until December or so for more patches. I had a killer set last year that got ruined by a late-patch. Iím kind of paranoid about finding another killer set and having a patch ruin it. this is like a bandaid. But a very good bandaid. A lot of the glitches donít happen because weíre watching small windows of each game. Thatís the best I can explain it.
Gotcha. These patches seem to be making the game better and better with each release. I'm hoping you find a set that perfects it. Thanks man.
Old 10-04-2018, 05:37 PM   #884
Pro

dc thompsoncanyon838's Arena

Tommy as I indicated a while back. I started on op sports on my cell phone. I could not transfer or open my account on my computer for some reason. This being the case I don't know if I can post pics of my stats or not. If you.could assist, again, I would appreciate it.
Old 10-04-2018, 05:42 PM   #885
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by dc thompsoncanyon838
Tommy as I indicated a while back. I started on op sports on my cell phone. I could not transfer or open my account on my computer for some reason. This being the case I don't know if I can post pics of my stats or not. If you.could assist, again, I would appreciate it.
Canít remember how, but you can upload pics with the app, and itís easier to do than the website. Problem is, i deleted the OS app and donít wonít to redownload it to because it had some kind of glitch that banned me from the site. Itís like some of maddenís glitches are osmosising itís way to OS.

Doug posts stats the best way iíve seen because Iím not looking at players names or even team names. Itís completely blind and gives me everything I need to know. Hereís an example:

Game 1
Score 20-17 Overtime game won with 3 mins remaining, Injuries 6 with 2 more than a week and 3 out for the game, QB comp % 61 & 67%, rush atts 56 yds 144, 11 Btks, 20 TFL, 6 sacks, 8 Defl, 1 INt and Pens 7-43

Game 2
Score 10-29, Injuries 5 with 2 more than a week and 2 out for rest of game, QB comp % 72 & 50%, Rush atts 48 for 176 yds, 2 BTKs, 9 TFL, 5 sacks, 5 Defl, 1 Int, Pens 6-36.

Game 3
Score 24-34, 6 injuries 1 more than week and 1 for the rest of game, QB Comp% 63 & 68%, rush atts 48 for 148 yds, 1 Fum, 4 BTKs, 14 TFL, 7 sacks, 5 Defl, 3 Ints, Pens 5-55.

Game 4
Score 13-25, Injuries 2 both minor but out for game, QB Comp % 56 & 63 %, Rush atts 50 for 230 yds, 10 Btks, 10 TFL, 7 sacks, 11 Defl, 1 INt, Pens 3-35.

Game 5
Score 14-31, Injuries 6 all minor with 2 for rest of game, QB Comp % 65 & 53%, rush atts 49 for 177 yds, 8 BTKs, 10 TFL, 3 sacks, 9 Defl, 2 INTs, Pens 8-40.

Teams finished:
Bears, bills, browns, KC, Dall, Miami, Philly, ATL, SF, NYG, Jags, GB, NE, OAK, Rams, Ravens, WASH, NO, PITT, broncos, Texans, panthers, vikings, colts
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-04-2018, 06:08 PM   #886
Pro

Thanx for quick reply. I will also opt not to use app and post stats as you recommend. Karma and Madden....lol! Watching McGregor press conference !
Old 10-05-2018, 11:33 AM   #887
MVP

Way deep into an online cfm now, year 2029, and I donít know if it was the last patch or just being in 2029, but in the text message portion of play the key moments, Iím seeing more rotation at running back with the carries. There wasnít anything about this in the patch notes, but I didnít see this before the patch.

Also looks like qbs are audibling again. this was with 15 second runoff, but after a dead ball when the play clock doesnít accelerate. May bump runoff back to 20 seconds. it wonít hurt the total play count because i see some games with less than 120 plays, doing play the key moments. With 15 second runoff, youíll see them flip the play, but they wonít do any long audibles with the 15 second runoff. 3 games and they didnít doo it, just flipping plays.

Probably will post a slight update in the next few days.

Also, this new way XP is awarded really helps the game a lot. in 2029, thereís only 2 qbs with a 90+ overall. thatís using 4 of my own custom draft classes with real plays, 3 cwsapps and raiders4eva fictional draft classes, and 4 unaltered ea generated draft classes, along with tdawgs XP sliders.

The EA generated draft classes look pretty good. They always have. people just never really see them in action. i think you can trust the ea generated ones as much as the customized ones.

The new XP system makes it hard for most players to progress more than 5-6 points in 6 years time. way more organic gameplay. yes, thereís still probably too many deflections, but now the deflections make sense. thereís no warping. so thatís a step up.

Iíll try to post the update in the next few days.

Teams finished:
Old 10-05-2018, 01:04 PM   #888
Pro

Yeah,so many out there cry Realism and I think that what upsets them is that they never knew the correct definition to begin until they actually encounter it. These guys that manipulate the xp sliders to totally unrealistic actually think they are accomplishing something with their great stick skills. Then the ones who do these challenges mode on easy settings to get upgraded cards, again with puffed up attributes that is not mimicking the nfl. Last I on tubeyou the other day I saw some guy playing both offense and defense with just a handful of plays. Over and over.he.kept calling corner strike and mid blitz or dagger and half back dive. Thankfully it hit me rather quickly, what am I doin? I could be playin the game myself now. This weekend is loaded with entertainment options. McGregor,red River rivalry,undertaker vs triple h and of course redzone.on Sunday ! Looking forward to your update.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »