Home

Old 11-09-2018, 07:52 PM   #1097
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Madden 19 CPU vs CPU Sliders

Can someone explain to me why turning off clutch and high motor is a good thing for a guy like Russel. Wouldnít this make him less of an accurate QB

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 11-09-2018, 07:58 PM   #1098
MVP

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by shanech24
Can someone explain to me why turning off clutch and high motor is a good thing for a guy like Russel. Wouldnít this make him less of an accurate QB

I donít change any traits, except for changing scramblers to scrambling tendency in player traits inside player edit screen.

If youíre playing this set with a heavily edited roster like iMacís, then no wonder youíre seeing crazy stuff.

Really didnt like the iMac rosters. All the personalities of the players was too lame and made for soft gameplay. At least for cpu/cpu action.

The file is called xboxassantesgreatestever.

Teams finished:
Bears, bills, browns, KC, Dall, Miami, Philly, ATL, SF, NYG, Jags, GB, NE, OAK, Rams, Ravens, WASH, NO, PITT, broncos, Texans, panthers, vikings, colts
Old 11-09-2018, 08:16 PM   #1099
Scoreboard

Milticket's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Can someone explain to me why turning off clutch and high motor is a good thing for a guy like Russel. Wouldn’t this make him less of an accurate QB

That's not how the clutch trait works. It gives the player a boost 2 minutes before half or in the last 2 minutes of the game. Nothing to do with the rest of the game, it doesnt make him less accurate. With it off it will play to their true ratings in these instances. If you play on am the cpu doesnt need any more of an advantage that they already have. Depends what you want to see personally. This to me leads to a lot of Robo QB when I'm playing.

Last edited by Milticket; 11-09-2018 at 08:30 PM.
Old 11-09-2018, 08:39 PM   #1100
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaReal Milticket
That's not how the clutch trait works. It gives the player a boost 2 minutes before half or in the last 2 minutes of the game. Nothing to do with the rest of the game, it doesnt make him less accurate. With it off it will play to their true ratings in these instances. If you play on am the cpu doesnt need any more of an advantage that they already have. Depends what you want to see personally. This to me leads to a lot of Robo QB when I'm playing.
On cpu mode having clutch on for qbs doesn’t make them automatic in these situations. I’ve seen Brady in his final game toss 2 INT’s in the last 3 minutes of the game and it cost them. Seen it happen to Big Ben too in a regular season game. It’s happened more than that. In the instances where the clutch guy fails, it’s like he’s trying too hard out there and muck it up on the field. They can get too aggressive. Pretty cool when this happens. Kind of shocks you when it happens, which is good because these guys usually prevail in these situations and it’s nice to see them fail. A case of Schadenfreude in Madden.

Teams finished:
Bears, bills, browns, KC, Dall, Miami, Philly, ATL, SF, NYG, Jags, GB, NE, OAK, Rams, Ravens, WASH, NO, PITT, broncos, Texans, panthers, vikings, colts
Old 11-09-2018, 09:04 PM   #1101
Scoreboard

Milticket's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommycoa
On cpu mode having clutch on for qbs doesn’t make them automatic in these situations. I’ve seen Brady in his final game toss 2 INT’s in the last 3 minutes of the game and it cost them. Seen it happen to Big Ben too in a regular season game. It’s happened more than that. In the instances where the clutch guy fails, it’s like he’s trying too hard out there and muck it up on the field. They can get too aggressive. Pretty cool when this happens. Kind of shocks you when it happens, which is good because these guys usually prevail in these situations and it’s nice to see them fail. A case of Schadenfreude in Madden.
If I was watching the games, I would leave the traits as is ala big hitter, high motor, clutch. Like you said, Not sure if the poster is watching or playing.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-09-2018, 10:33 PM   #1102
Rookie

Don you need to delete your profile if you are only watching your own games? I donít watch any other games as that would take forever to get to the playoffs

Old 11-09-2018, 11:10 PM   #1103
MVP

MvPeterson2828's Arena

Quote:
Thatís the process Iím doing. Delete profile in week 1/week 8/last week reg season/playoffs.

And itís good to see youíre seeing the differences in different parts of the season. Really loving that aspect this year. Makes the game way more dynamic.

I bet that 45-20 game was way better than it sounded. Last week when I had the playoffs going, there were good sec games on and i found myself thinking about the madden games more than the real games. Iíll watch a 45-20 game on madden before i will in real life. Itís hard to explain whatís so interesting about these games. Just something people have to see for themselves.

But being patient is the key. Stick it out and Get to week 8 and youíll be rewarded.

Glad youíre enjoying these man. Wish i could get more people that still play the cpu to switch over. A lot of the complaints i see on OS isnít a problem in cpu/cpu mode. Sure, thereís still some goofy junk that happens, but for the most part, itís pretty amazing. Li

Quote:
I donít change any traits, except for changing scramblers to scrambling tendency in player traits inside player edit screen.

If youíre playing this set with a heavily edited roster like iMacís, then no wonder youíre seeing crazy stuff.

Really didnt like the iMac rosters. All the personalities of the players was too lame and made for soft gameplay. At least for cpu/cpu action.

Iím glad Iím seeing these too and Iím not the only. I know Iím not going crazy!! But yeah, it definitely does feel more dynamic. Oh yeah, that 45-20 game wasnít bad. Rodgers put up the numbers, but Adam, Cobb stopped key passes and his HB fumble twice to setup the skins in the redzone for two easy scores. At that point, the damage was done...

Also, I do to edit QBs that should be scramblers, like Newton, Watson, etc. I think it makes a big difference for sure. Gonna watch some more football in a bit!! Man I am totally sucked into this. Glad I can avoid an update it. This is a blast for me. Plus being a rebuild dude, I get to watch my rooks, all my moves I did plan out in front of me without me having zero influence on results! Like Barkley rushing for 1500 yards and catching 60 Passes without my help is awesome!
Old 11-09-2018, 11:41 PM   #1104
MVP

Do it before you start week one, do it again in week 8, and do it again for the playoffs.

Quote:
Don you need to delete your profile if you are only watching your own games? I donít watch any other games as that would take forever to get to the playoffs

Teams finished:

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »