Home

Madden 19 CPU vs CPU Sliders

This is a discussion on Madden 19 CPU vs CPU Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-10-2018, 12:15 AM   #1105
MVP

OVR: 6
Re: Madden 19 CPU vs CPU Sliders

Small minor update:
DPI to 85
Defensive Holding 75

These have been the same for so long, i forgot to change it on the last update. Shouldn’t change things too much because MVPPeterson and Sdoug’s been using these as is and they see what I’m seeing. If you’re satisfied keep rolling, but if you want to change it, do it this way:

Just make the changes in current cfm and delete profile and go back to you cfm. Small changes like this won’t throw stuff out of whack midstream. Only big changes will throw a cfm outta whack.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommycoa
I’ve had 5 straight games with 10 0r less deflections with these. Big shoutout to Sdoug for helping test and dcthompson for the pass coverage/int/pass reaction d. The scoring has been slightly higher as well, which was needed. Most games were in the 20s before, but now I’m seeing 30-20 type games.

Thinks that help the game play better:

1. Don’t skip cutscenes. The game gets pretty whacky and highly unstable when you do. Skipping cutscenes makes things more like Madden Arcade.

2. Go to Main Menu—->Share and Manage files—->load and delete——>Delete the file titled playcall; this improves playcalling. Gets a better run/pass, especially more run plays.

3. After each game played/watched, exit to Main Menu, then go back to CFM and play your game.
If gameplay gets wonky, delete your profile and reenter the sliders.

4. If you see the crazy punt glitch, where during wind games, the team punting into the wind can only punt it 20 yards or so straight up in the sky, just super sim punts on normal. No way to tell if it’s a wind game before hand. So there will be one bad punt. This can really change a game. Wish they’d fix it. For now, this is all we can do.

5. Go to Files and Settings; find playcalling; delete the file called Suggestions. Also I’m using the active rosters. Main difference i see using this setup is this: inside the ten yard line, you rarely see the cpu come out in jumbo formations. They keep spreading the field and this results in more touchdowns. There are other smaller nuances going on with using these particular settings, but after 30+ games with this combo, I feel like playcalling and formation use is way more dynamic. Simply put, it seems like the teams play more towards their schemes.

6. PLAY THE KEY MOMENTS ADVICE:

If there’s games you’d like to Play the Key Moments on, I suggest using 15 minute clock with 25 runoff for those games. I’m not sure the 10 minute clock will give enough plays. 15/25 should work aces for the amount of plays you watch with play the key moments. 15/25 will keep the qbs audibling.

Gota defensive battle going with the 11-2 Texans (#1 D, best team in the league) vs. the 10-3 eagles who are coming off a 30-11 beatdown from another 10-3 Rams team.

Right now it’s 7-3 with a minute and a half before the half.
Before you load sliders, delete your profile and choose expert and sim upon Intro Setup.

SLIDERS

Main Menu

Difficulty - all madden
Injuries - 40
Fatigue - 65
Quarter Length - 10 minutes
Acc Clock - Off
Game Speed - Normal
Min Threshold - 40
Ballhawk - Off
Heat seeker - Off
Auto Strafe - Off
Switch Assist - Off
Flip Play - off
HB Moves - Manual
Visual Feedback - Off
Even Teams - Off

Volume control
In-game commentary-85
Stadium speakers 50
Crowd -
Crowd Noise:
85 for early season non-divional game
90 for early to mid season rivalry and division games
95 for late-season division and rivalry games
100-post-season games

This will make the intensity level different for various types of games. Crowd noise well done this year. One of the small things that never gets mentioned.
On the field-25

Visual Settings

Play Call Style - enhanced
Play Call Button Layout - default
Previous Play Information - off
On Field Visual Feedback - Off
Drive Goals & XP Feedback - Off
Franchise Bottom Line Ticker - off
Franchise Gameplan Boost Notification - Off
Coaching Tips - Off
Pre-Snap Menu - off
Player Names - off

Camera Toggle - off
Passing Cam - off
Offensive Camera Settings - broadcast
Defensive Camera - broadcast
Enlarge On Field Graphics - Off
Color Blindness - Normal Vision
Brightness - Default
Contrast - Default

CFM League Settings

Skill Level - Pro
Game Speed - Normal
League Type - COACHES
Instant Starer - Off (treat this the same as coach firing)
Trade Deadline - On
Trade Type - Enable All
Coach Firing - ON
Salary Cap - On
Relocation Settings - Normal
Injury - On
Pre Existing Injury - Off
Practice Squad Stealing - On
Player Progression Frequency - 4 weeks

Gameplay
QB Accuracy - 90
Pass Blocking - 40
WR Catching - 53
Run Blocking - 85
Fumbles - 35

Pass Defense Reaction Time - 25
Interceptions - 35
Pass Coverage - 75
Tackling - 30

Injuries - 40
Fatigue - 65
Player Speed Parity Scale - 40

FG Power - 50
FG Accuracy -50
Punt Power - 50
Punt Accuracy - 50
Kickoff Power - 50

Penalties

Offside - 50
False Start - 35
Offensive Holding - 60
Defensive Holding - 75
Facemask - 49
Defensive Pass Interference - 95
Illegal Block In The Back - 49
Roughing The Passer - 53

All the ON/OFF penalties should be turned ON!

Use default Auto subs. Game treats auto subs different when you don’t use accelerated clock.

Formation Sub tips:

Here in the playoffs, for this next game, im messing more with formation subs for running backs. It took maybe 2-3 minutes to make these subs. Adds a little more strategy to the games. The running backs are the only formation subs I’ll use. After the tips, there’s stats from this strategy for the Lions/Eagles game.

I’ve already got the other playoff teams setup like this.

1. Power backs are in all:
single back/pistol/shotgun 2 or 3 TE sets
2. I formation and offset I sets
3. Shotgun sets where the running back is about a half yard behind the QB, it’s kind of like the Pistol, but not quite. These forms have more power plays.

Elusive/recieving backs
1. Single back/Pistol 3 wide reciever sets
2. Shotgun sets where the RB is lined up directly beside the qb.
This will be the only formation subs I’ll do. Some teams, like the lions, have a slew of good backs, and now their top 2 backs are out. For the eagles, i put clements in the aforementioned power type sets.

This really helped the run game. Made it way more realistic, and the coaching seemed to use a wide variety for both the Lions and the Eagles.

Clement (power back)13-73; 4 catches for 20
Sproles (elusive/recieving back) 8-30; 3-2 recieving
Smallwood (power ball) 4-18.

Lions didnt run the ball much; their top 2 backs were out and they have a playbook similar to the Pats, so they passed a lot more than they did in the wildcard playoff game. Just a different gameplan this week. Lions backs had Just 14 carries but 8 catches, so 22 total touches. Eagles controlled the time of possession and that’s how the won against their D. The Eagles wore the Lions stout D out and survived 2 giveaways and 0 takeaways. Eagles D played lights out and they were good in the season according to stats. Both dlines effected the outcome of this contest.

Lions running backs Rushing/Recieving
Riddick (elusive/reciving) 5-21/6-26
Johnson (power) 8-19/
Abdullah (elusive/recieving) 1-9/2-29

The Pats Playbook is the most balanced of the playbooks as far as passing game goes. What i mean is, you see a better distribution of passes to all the targets. The lions playbook has the same kinda setup.

The file is called xboxassantesgreatestever.

Teams finished:
Bears, bills, browns, KC, Dall, Miami, Philly, ATL, SF, NYG, Jags, GB, NE, OAK, Rams, Ravens, WASH, NO, PITT, broncos, Texans, panthers, vikings, colts
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-10-2018, 01:02 AM   #1106
MVP

MvPeterson2828's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommycoa
Small minor update:

DPI to 85

Defensive Holding 75

These have been the same for so long, i forgot to change it on the last update. Shouldn’t change things too much because MVPPeterson and Sdoug’s been using these as is and they see what I’m seeing. If you’re satisfied keep rolling, but if you want to change it, do it this way:

Just make the changes in current cfm and delete profile and go back to you cfm. Small changes like this won’t throw stuff out of whack midstream. Only big changes will throw a cfm outta whack.

To be safe, I’ll be doing a profile reset and updating with these. Not sure why, but I feel like it’s the better bet lol. I am just that anal I guess haha.

Good stuff, as always Tommy.

twitch.tv/mvpeterson2828
Old 11-10-2018, 07:41 AM   #1107
Rookie

Quick question and I know it’s going to sound stupid, but are you guys deleting your profiles before every game you watch in weeks 1,8,17 and the playoffs or just before the first game you watch of the week?
Old 11-10-2018, 09:45 AM   #1108
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldengoal
Quick question and I know it’s going to sound stupid, but are you guys deleting your profiles before every game you watch in weeks 1,8,17 and the playoffs or just before the first game you watch of the week?
I do the delete at the beginning of the new week before I play a game.

Got four games left in my week 1/year 2 test. Did some averages last night.

These are from 12 games played/24 teams. When it’s finished, i’ll post passing/running yard. These numbers were easier to average for a sneak peak. It’s looking good. Everything is either on the money or damn near it. Still have 4 games to watch. INT is a tenth of a point higher and rushing tds are .3lower than the real thing.

NFL averages Slider average in week 1
3.2 sacks a game. 3.5

20 First downs. 19

39 %Third down conversions. 41%

24.1 Points per Game. 22.8

1.8 passing tds 1.83

0.8 rushing tds per game. 0.5

0.8 INT/game. 0.95

Penalties. 6.7-57.1 6.2-51.75

Fumbles 0.6 0.58

Teams finished:
Bears, bills, browns, KC, Dall, Miami, Philly, ATL, SF, NYG, Jags, GB, NE, OAK, Rams, Ravens, WASH, NO, PITT, broncos, Texans, panthers, vikings, colts

Last edited by tommycoa; 11-10-2018 at 09:52 AM.
Old 11-10-2018, 03:32 PM   #1109
MVP

MvPeterson2828's Arena

Browns Vs Rams in SuperBowl. Couldn’t believe my eyes when I saw this matchup. But this matchup was a good one, sorta. Rams dominated from the start leading 3-27 at halftime. But it was the Browns show in the second half. Scoring 24 unanswered points to tie it 27-27 going into the 4th. Sadly, a Mayfield Fumble cost them the game ultimately. 27-30. Minute 1:50 left. Mayfield manage to drive the Browns to field goal range to setup at 50 yarder with 4 seconds left. Greg Joseph gets a perfect snap, perfect hold, it’s got the leg, but misses barely right. Rams are your champs! Gurley was superbowl MVP with 26 carries 135 yards and two TDs.

Offseason key notes;

Giants Add in FA:
Mike Wallace WR (1 year deal, fill the void for injuries Sterling Shepard)
Donte Moncrief WR (Solid third WR and slot backup)
RG Jamon Brown (depth)
LE Markus Golden (Depth)
DT Desmond Bryant (Needed another DT to pair with Tomlinson)
DT Tenny Palepoi (Depth needed)
DT Steve Tu’lkolvatu (depth)
CB Trevor Williams
CB Bobby McCain
CB Philip Gaines
K Jake Elliot

Resigned;

WR corey Coleman
HB Gallman Jr.
TE Jordan Leggett
C John Greco

Retired:
Eli Manning hung up his cleats

Traded:
Janoris Jenkins to Bills for 1st rounder, 21st pick. Gave up a 2019 3rd as well.

He played poorly and with him starting to regress, was time to ship him off and free up much needed cap space. Maybe he’ll bounce back in Buffalo.

Draft picks:
1st round 4th selection QB Alexander Olson 79 overall, Quick development, very accurate, decent arm. Won’t wow you with his arm, but his accuracy will.
1st Round 21st pick RG Ashley Harrison 81 overall. Great skill set, day one starter. Instant upgrade. Sadly wasn’t much o-line in this class.
2nd round 4th pick MLB Davasia Wheatley. 80 overall, Quick. I’m surprised he slide so far down. Fits my scheme perfectly, upgrades a must position I needed badly.
3rd round 4th LOLB Cooper Tomlinson. 74 overall, normal. He will able to compete for starting job potentially. Future starter if things go well for him.
4th pick round 4 I selected the Heisman winner or fell hard from the first. ROLB. Stephon McMullen. 70 overall, superstar trait. Guy has potential, just very raw.
5th round I trade down and out of the round, no one worth that selection.
6th round I grabbed a RT 70 overall quick development.
7th round I grabbed a HB. 98 speed, great receiving stats. Might move him to WR since he doesn’t have great abilities at HB.

Position Battles were

QB Kyle Laluetta
QB Alexander Olson. LaLuetta has an advantage with knowing the offense better, but from limited action he got last year, he couldn’t put it together.

WR is a big one

With Sterling Shepard returning week 3 preseason, Mike Wallace, Corey Coleman, Donte Moncrief, Bennie Flower III, Stephan Gibson, Raul Sanders, all are competing for a spot. Mostly Moncrief and Wallace are battling it out for WR #3. But we’ll see. Trying give these young QBs the best chance at success

LT
Nate Solder
Malcolm Wells
Whoever performs better, gets the job. Nate will be our starter but if he doesn’t perform better, he’ll be sit quickly.
RG Ashley Harrison (R)
RG Patrick Omameh
I’m thinking Ashley will easily win this battle with such a better skill set.
MLB Davasia Wheatley (R)
MLB B.J. Goodson.
Goodson wasn’t very good last year, but it could change. I’ll let those two battle it out.
CB up for grabs Between Trevor Williams, Bonny McCain, Brandon Carr. After last year poor performance, we must improve, and that starts here.

But currently, where I am at right now. I think we had a strong offseason. Team has went from 74 defense and 77 offense to 79 defense 81 offense. We added a lot of talent and got better at must needed positions. I hope with signing of Moncrief, Wallace, Shepard coming back, Got Odell, Engram, Barkley, much better improved o-line this Rookie QB or Laluetta can succeed. This offense has a lot of weapons... this defense is solid and in my opinion, 100% better. It’s just if we can put it together. Giants have a tough schedule, kind of. 4 teams we face this year were playoff teams. 5 others were close or had winning records. We face 5 teams that didn’t have winning records, but are much, much improved this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

Last edited by MvPeterson2828; 11-10-2018 at 03:45 PM.
Old 11-10-2018, 04:01 PM   #1110
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by MvPeterson2828
Browns Vs Rams in SuperBowl. Couldn’t believe my eyes when I saw this matchup. But this matchup was a good one, sorta. Rams dominated from the start leading 3-27 at halftime. But it was the Browns show in the second half. Scoring 24 unanswered points to tie it 27-27 going into the 4th. Sadly, a Mayfield Fumble cost them the game ultimately. 27-30. Minute 1:50 left. Mayfield manage to drive the Browns to field goal range to setup at 50 yarder with 4 seconds left. Greg Joseph gets a perfect snap, perfect hold, it’s got the leg, but misses barely right. Rams are your champs! Gurley was superbowl MVP with 26 carries 135 yards and two TDs.

Offseason key notes;

Giants Add in FA:
Mike Wallace WR (1 year deal, fill the void for injuries Sterling Shepard)
Donte Moncrief WR (Solid third WR and slot backup)
RG Jamon Brown (depth)
LE Markus Golden (Depth)
DT Desmond Bryant (Needed another DT to pair with Tomlinson)
DT Tenny Palepoi (Depth needed)
DT Steve Tu’lkolvatu (depth)
CB Trevor Williams
CB Bobby McCain
CB Philip Gaines
K Jake Elliot

Resigned;

WR corey Coleman
HB Gallman Jr.
TE Jordan Leggett
C John Greco

Retired:
Eli Manning hung up his cleats

Traded:
Janoris Jenkins to Bills for 1st rounder, 21st pick. Gave up a 2019 3rd as well.

He played poorly and with him starting to regress, was time to ship him off and free up much needed cap space. Maybe he’ll bounce back in Buffalo.

Draft picks:
1st round 4th selection QB Alexander Olson 79 overall, Quick development, very accurate, decent arm. Won’t wow you with his arm, but his accuracy will.
1st Round 21st pick RG Ashley Harrison 81 overall. Great skill set, day one starter. Instant upgrade. Sadly wasn’t much o-line in this class.
2nd round 4th pick MLB Davasia Wheatley. 80 overall, Quick. I’m surprised he slide so far down. Fits my scheme perfectly, upgrades a must position I needed badly.
3rd round 4th LOLB Cooper Tomlinson. 74 overall, normal. He will able to compete for starting job potentially. Future starter if things go well for him.
4th pick round 4 I selected the Heisman winner or fell hard from the first. ROLB. Stephon McMullen. 70 overall, superstar trait. Guy has potential, just very raw.
5th round I trade down and out of the round, no one worth that selection.
6th round I grabbed a RT 70 overall quick development.
7th round I grabbed a HB. 98 speed, great receiving stats. Might move him to WR since he doesn’t have great abilities at HB.

Position Battles were

QB Kyle Laluetta
QB Alexander Olson. LaLuetta has an advantage with knowing the offense better, but from limited action he got last year, he couldn’t put it together.

WR is a big one

With Sterling Shepard returning week 3 preseason, Mike Wallace, Corey Coleman, Donte Moncrief, Bennie Flower III, Stephan Gibson, Raul Sanders, all are competing for a spot. Mostly Moncrief and Wallace are battling it out for WR #3. But we’ll see. Trying give these young QBs the best chance at success

LT
Nate Solder
Malcolm Wells
Whoever performs better, gets the job. Nate will be our starter but if he doesn’t perform better, he’ll be sit quickly.
RG Ashley Harrison (R)
RG Patrick Omameh
I’m thinking Ashley will easily win this battle with such a better skill set.
MLB Davasia Wheatley (R)
MLB B.J. Goodson.
Goodson wasn’t very good last year, but it could change. I’ll let those two battle it out.
CB up for grabs Between Trevor Williams, Bonny McCain, Brandon Carr. After last year poor performance, we must improve, and that starts here.

But currently, where I am at right now. I think we had a strong offseason. Team has went from 74 defense and 77 offense to 79 defense 81 offense. We added a lot of talent and got better at must needed positions. I hope with signing of Moncrief, Wallace, Shepard coming back, Got Odell, Engram, Barkley, much better improved o-line this Rookie QB or Laluetta can succeed. This offense has a lot of weapons... this defense is solid and in my opinion, 100% better. It’s just if we can put it together. Giants have a tough schedule, kind of. 4 teams we face this year were playoff teams. 5 others were close or had winning records. We face 5 teams that didn’t have winning records, but are much, much improved this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
If the qb is a scheme type scrambler, run the Spread scheme. If the qb is a Field General Scheme Type, try out the Run and Shoot scheme. These offenses will pass the ball about 10-15 more times than they run it. And barkley will get catches.

If qb is a scrambler use Texans playbook.

If he’s a field general, use the patriots playbook.

Be sure to use the backup rb in formation subs. Give the backup 8 formations, so that Barkley takes breaks and plays super hard when he touches.

Loving the updates. That Super Bowl sounded awesome. I think all of them are. It’s programmed that way, but it doesnt feel programmed. Haven’t seen but 2-3 Super Bowls that weren’t close this year. Probably watched 20 Super Bowls since release.

Teams finished:
Old 11-10-2018, 04:26 PM   #1111
MVP

14 games watched and 2 games left. So far, the average score is 27.9 to 15.7

From this 2014 article http://www.sportsonearth.com/article...erage-nfl-game the average score was 29 to 17.8. So we’re seeing the same difference in the average score, 11 points.

Scoring is up in nfl 2 points a game on the average. Madden’s curving me to last years league points per game average, which was 22.8, i think.

The real NFL averages i posted yesterday were collected from profootballreference.

Teams finished:
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-10-2018, 04:29 PM   #1112
Pro

dc thompsoncanyon838's Arena

Just after last update people were giving positive feedback. A few days after that polar opposite. Now last few days most everything good. I am beginning to believe that a lot of how the game plays, is how that individual is playing at the time. Schemes against specific opponents,custom playbooks,the plays one calls and the time which they call them. We have been given tools to enhance game play. What we do with them as making matchups a chess game versus' some people making it checkers is up to us. Game On !

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »