Home

Old 08-13-2018, 01:38 PM   #105
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: Madden 19 CPU vs CPU Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommycoa
When i get things good and going im going to create a custom playbook, game plan each week, change the playcalls up in the custom book via changing their Star ratings. This is ultimate coach mode.

Now this is something that crossed my mind this morning while playing the second quarter of my season opener with IND. after work Iím going to edit their playbook. At first, itíll be just to make all stars even so that any play in a situation has a chance of being called.

Does it matter if I set all first down plays to 1-star or 3-stars so long as theyíre even?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2018, 01:43 PM   #106
MVP

OVR: 6

Guys just updated the OP.

I understand why some may have problems. Iíd made a mistake and told you to turn Fire Coaches Off, but i had it ON.

TURN FIRE COACHES to ON.

I think this is the key to the whole ball of wax.

On 18 I experimented with EVEN TEAMS ON and playmakers has them on for human/cpu set. Someone asked how to turn EVEN TEAMS ON in CFM and i told them you canít, Even Teams is only in Main Menu.

That got me to thinking. The Fire Coaches thing equals the EVEN TEAMS feature from main menu.. When you turn Fire Coaches ON, youíre negating any bending or warping for the human controlled team. Itís pure ratings driven, for coaches and players it seems.
Old 08-13-2018, 02:01 PM   #107
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoleFan
Now this is something that crossed my mind this morning while playing the second quarter of my season opener with IND. after work Iím going to edit their playbook. At first, itíll be just to make all stars even so that any play in a situation has a chance of being called.

Does it matter if I set all first down plays to 1-star or 3-stars so long as theyíre even?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
Yeah. It matters man.

You on PS4 or xbox?

Give me some time and Iíll try to do a writeup or maybe even a video. I need a specific team and set of circumstances to show you a sample of what i did last year.

Assemble 150 plays

Do a couple of run plays as 4 stars. Thatís your bread and butter.

Have about 15 pass plays per situation rated 3 and a half stars and mix in some three and half starred Running plays.

For variety tier the rest of the book with 1 star plays.

For weird situations like fourth and inches at the goal line, find a halfback pass and give it a half start. In cpu mode, youíll be waiting for your coaches to call that play all season long. Put other gimmick plays in. If you really want to see it, raise it to 2 stars.

Give me time and iíll Do something more illustrated that people can learn from. Probably a video. That could be something my kids could help me with. They love posting videos on YouTube.
Old 08-13-2018, 02:41 PM   #108
Rookie

OVR: 0

What game speed are you using? are you just on normal?
Old 08-13-2018, 02:42 PM   #109
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by lewismcphillips
What game speed are you using? are you just on normal?
Yeah, normal.
Old 08-13-2018, 05:11 PM   #110
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommycoa
Yeah. It matters man.

You on PS4 or xbox?

Give me some time and Iíll try to do a writeup or maybe even a video. I need a specific team and set of circumstances to show you a sample of what i did last year.

Assemble 150 plays

Do a couple of run plays as 4 stars. Thatís your bread and butter.

Have about 15 pass plays per situation rated 3 and a half stars and mix in some three and half starred Running plays.

For variety tier the rest of the book with 1 star plays.

For weird situations like fourth and inches at the goal line, find a halfback pass and give it a half start. In cpu mode, youíll be waiting for your coaches to call that play all season long. Put other gimmick plays in. If you really want to see it, raise it to 2 stars.

Give me time and iíll Do something more illustrated that people can learn from. Probably a video. That could be something my kids could help me with. They love posting videos on YouTube.

Iím on Xbox!

Had no idea. I thought that if I set all plays in a particular situation to the same star power then it would essentially randomize the playcall for that situation, i.e. 2nd and long.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Old 08-13-2018, 05:17 PM   #111
Rookie

I was using updated roster and I. Seen a lot of tight end catching a lot than I went and tried preseason roster and I havenít seen no right end catches goin into 2nd qtr
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2018, 05:36 PM   #112
Rookie

A few updates on my end, including some thoughts on concerns others have brought up.

Injuries
1Still concerned about injuries. QB and RB still seem to be the most vulnerable. 7 games in and I lost my RB for the season. Next game I lost my QB for 5 weeks. This concerns me because my QB not only looks to be the ONLY injured QB in the whole league, but it looks like no other QB has even missed a game for another team (very very lost stats for all backup QBs...as in the most attempts by a backup were like 6....clearly no other QB has even missed a game this season for other teams). I know injuries happen, but early results about midway through my season suggest RBs and QBs may be extra vulnerable when watching games versus simming. Keep this in mind, I only watch my games, sim the others. Need the stats, injuries, etc to match with the rest of the league.

One idea I have that I would love some feedback on is potentially upping the injury rating for my QBs and RBs. I was thinking maybe I would, on average, move each up by 5 points or so? Just trying to find a way to counter the vulnerability.

Game Length
Think Tommy has suggested 15 minute quarters and 18 second play clock. I am running 12 minutes and 19 second play clock. Eeach team is getting about exactly 60 offensive snaps. This is important because this is about what the computer gets when you sim games. Again, trying to keep my watched games equal to what happens in a simmed game for the computer.

Interceptions
This has really been hit or miss. I have seen others mention a game with 5 interceptions. I have also had these. But, with no changes to the settings, I have also seen games with no picks the following week by the same QB who threw 5 the week before. Another thing to consider is that with 15 minute quarters, there is more time for turnovers.

Sacks by D-Line
Is anyone else getting sacks by the defensive line? My LBs get sacks, but 9 games in my D-Line has 2 sacks for the season. This may be due to scheme. I run a 3-4 Multiple. So, LBs get more sacks I believe. But, I wanted to at least confirm that with Tommy's slider settings others ARE getting sacks by their D-Line?

If anyone has any observations or suggestions to improve anything, let me know. Injuries is my biggest concern right now.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »