Home

Old 08-13-2018, 05:37 PM   #113
MVP

OVR: 6
Re: Madden 19 CPU vs CPU Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoleFan
Iím on Xbox!

Had no idea. I thought that if I set all plays in a particular situation to the same star power then it would essentially randomize the playcall for that situation, i.e. 2nd and long.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
If youíve still got madden 18, download my playbooks to get a feel. Haughtypine7723. Gonna be a while before I edit playbooks for 19. Setting the audibles right is also a big deal. Especially getting the 4 verts out of there so much.
Old 08-13-2018, 05:37 PM   #114
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaunhill256
I was using updated roster and I. Seen a lot of tight end catching a lot than I went and tried preseason roster and I havenít seen no right end catches goin into 2nd qtr
Ohh, and to add to my last post I am getting a lot of TE catches also. May be my scheme and playbook. Running Vertical Zone Run with Green Bay's playbook. But, my starting TE is tied for most catches on the team.
Old 08-13-2018, 05:50 PM   #115
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommycoa
If youíve still got madden 18, download my playbooks to get a feel. Haughtypine7723. Gonna be a while before I edit playbooks for 19. Setting the audibles right is also a big deal. Especially getting the 4 verts out of there so much.

Oh I was still on PS4 when I played M18 for about a month. LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2018, 05:56 PM   #116
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcSteve
A few updates on my end, including some thoughts on concerns others have brought up.

Injuries
1Still concerned about injuries. QB and RB still seem to be the most vulnerable. 7 games in and I lost my RB for the season. Next game I lost my QB for 5 weeks. This concerns me because my QB not only looks to be the ONLY injured QB in the whole league, but it looks like no other QB has even missed a game for another team (very very lost stats for all backup QBs...as in the most attempts by a backup were like 6....clearly no other QB has even missed a game this season for other teams). I know injuries happen, but early results about midway through my season suggest RBs and QBs may be extra vulnerable when watching games versus simming. Keep this in mind, I only watch my games, sim the others. Need the stats, injuries, etc to match with the rest of the league.

One idea I have that I would love some feedback on is potentially upping the injury rating for my QBs and RBs. I was thinking maybe I would, on average, move each up by 5 points or so? Just trying to find a way to counter the vulnerability.

Game Length
Think Tommy has suggested 15 minute quarters and 18 second play clock. I am running 12 minutes and 19 second play clock. Eeach team is getting about exactly 60 offensive snaps. This is important because this is about what the computer gets when you sim games. Again, trying to keep my watched games equal to what happens in a simmed game for the computer.

Interceptions
This has really been hit or miss. I have seen others mention a game with 5 interceptions. I have also had these. But, with no changes to the settings, I have also seen games with no picks the following week by the same QB who threw 5 the week before. Another thing to consider is that with 15 minute quarters, there is more time for turnovers.

Sacks by D-Line
Is anyone else getting sacks by the defensive line? My LBs get sacks, but 9 games in my D-Line has 2 sacks for the season. This may be due to scheme. I run a 3-4 Multiple. So, LBs get more sacks I believe. But, I wanted to at least confirm that with Tommy's slider settings others ARE getting sacks by their D-Line?

If anyone has any observations or suggestions to improve anything, let me know. Injuries is my biggest concern right now.
Will answer these questions in a little bit. Still looking for answers on some of them.

One thing that helps pass rush and general gameplay is putting Fatigue to 66 and settting RBs autosubs to 99/97, DT 95/93, and DE 95/93. Youíve got to do these for both teams, so youíll have to coach both teams.

The INT thing, iím Like you, iím Seeing 4 one game none the next.

For right now, plug in what i have, add the auto subs and fatigue thing, sim to the super bowl for a couple of years before I hone in on something better. In the super bowl, youíre not worried about stats as much. These original sliders were just for a quick fix.

On the time with quarters thing, i sim every game in a season, so I want the real play count, 130-150 range. 9 minute quarters with no run off would be the best for 120 plays.

The injury thing, if you only play as one team week to week, you need to change the injury slider to 40 when you sim the games, but switch it back to 24 for when you play. If 24ís too high go down to 20. Thatís why youíre not seeing them, it works different with sim games and played games. Forgot to mention it because I watch every game in a week for testing purposes.

Kick back with the Super Bowls, itís pretty fun. Game plays better in the super bowl, i think. Remember the last two Super Bowls have looked like a game from Madden.
Old 08-13-2018, 06:08 PM   #117
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommycoa
Will answer these questions in a little bit. Still looking for answers on some of them.

One thing that helps pass rush and general gameplay is putting Fatigue to 66 and settting RBs autosubs to 99/97, DT 95/93, and DE 95/93. You’ve got to do these for both teams, so you’ll have to coach both teams.

The INT thing, i’m Like you, i’m Seeing 4 one game none the next.

For right now, plug in what i have, add the auto subs and fatigue thing, sim to the super bowl for a couple of years before I hone in on something better. In the super bowl, you’re not worried about stats as much. These original sliders were just for a quick fix.

On the time with quarters thing, i sim every game in a season, so I want the real play count, 130-150 range. 9 minute quarters with no run off would be the best for 120 plays.

The injury thing, if you only play as one team week to week, you need to change the injury slider to 40 when you sim the games, but switch it back to 24 for when you play. If 24’s too high go down to 20. That’s why you’re not seeing them, it works different with sim games and played games. Forgot to mention it because I watch every game in a week for testing purposes.

Kick back with the Super Bowls, it’s pretty fun. Game plays better in the super bowl, i think. Remember the last two Super Bowls have looked like a game from Madden.
I think we arrived at a really good point of differentiation here for everyone else depending on what their plan is. If you are all about your team and watching your games, you probably are looking for different settings in terms of injury sliders and game time and number of plays versus if you are watching all games of all teams.

I guess I could be wrong, but I would imagine a handful of players out there are focusing on watching their games only.

Thanks for helping out with all of this, it’s been really great so far. As for the suggestion about fatigue and auto subs, I really don’t want to have to go down the path of taking control of the computer team before each game. So for now, I might just deal with the results. Should I still do anything with the out of game settings for fatigue and subbing?
Old 08-13-2018, 06:12 PM   #118
Rookie

Oh and one more thing, Tommy you mentioned 9 minute quarters with no run off gives you the right amount of plays. I really suggest 12 with 19 seconds on the play clock. I think this is important because teams will play differently in the fourth quarter when you are getting towards the end of the quarter. If you start the fourth quarter with nine minutes before you know it youíre at or under six minutes which is when teams start to run the ball a lot if theyíre winning or pass the ball a lot if losing. By having a longer quarter, even if it results in the same amount of plays, in the end you are avoiding shortening the fourth quarter in terms of play style if that makes sense.
Old 08-13-2018, 06:19 PM   #119
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcSteve
Oh and one more thing, Tommy you mentioned 9 minute quarters with no run off gives you the right amount of plays. I really suggest 12 with 19 seconds on the play clock. I think this is important because teams will play differently in the fourth quarter when you are getting towards the end of the quarter. If you start the fourth quarter with nine minutes before you know it youíre at or under six minutes which is when teams start to run the ball a lot if theyíre winning or pass the ball a lot if losing. By having a longer quarter, even if it results in the same amount of plays, in the end you are avoiding shortening the fourth quarter in terms of play style if that makes sense.
Even when they chew the clock, the game still gives right plays because the team thatís behind is throwing, throwing, throwing. Never seen it mess up this way. I dont like the 9 minute quarters, but if 15 didnít work thatís what Iíd use because in years past this was the only quarter length that the cpu AI understood.

On the fatigue and autosubs thing, if you want the pass rush and realistic TFL numbers, youíre gonna have to set them.

Seeing good stuff right now. A lot of itís the fatigue and autosubs. You could run with 66 fatigue no autosubs, but the players wonít rotate the same. Iím seeing 3-4 backs get touches.

Right now im trying to get these deflections cut down. That was my only gripe with the original set.
Old 08-13-2018, 07:33 PM   #120
Rookie

OVR: 2

Oh no slideritis is coming back for me. I am doing a 32 team control franchise and the last three games I have had between 20-25 penalties for some odd reason. Most of which are holding and false starts. Interceptions were high as well as Brady and Luck both threw 5 interceptions each. Gonna go back and re-check every setting-I probably messed something up along the way. I might have to go back to rookie mode-Lol!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »