Home

Madden 19 CPU vs CPU Sliders

This is a discussion on Madden 19 CPU vs CPU Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-27-2018, 01:47 PM   #1369
Pro

dc thompsoncanyon838's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Madden 19 CPU vs CPU Sliders

HC glad to see you are feeling better! Get yourself a Pro, that is if you already didn't have one. Alot of definite improvements. Just trying to shake the past once and for all.
Old 11-27-2018, 03:06 PM   #1370
Rookie

Hello all, my first time posting here. I'd like to say that I'm really enjoying these sliders and I appreciate all the work that everyone continues to put in on them.

Having said that, I'd like to emphasize that I mean no offense here but I'm not quite sure I buy into the need to delete the profile. I started a new offline CFM, deleting the profile just beforehand. I then ran the entire first week, watching every single game and getting some decent numbers throughout while still getting a wide variety in the games.

The second week, I decided to test by replaying the first game a few times without deleting the profile, and then finally once more after deleting it. Again I found a pretty wide variety in the types of game outcomes, although all generally fell within what I consider acceptable.

I've been continuing on with week two now by deleting the profile before each game. Four games in and the most unusual thing I saw was when Clay Matthews on the Packers got 4.5 sacks, and the combined total for sacks that game was 11.

To sum things up, I really haven't noticed a great difference in stats when I've deleted the profile over when I didn't. If anything, I noticed more weird actions (things like a pass rusher going straight up the field for about five yards past the QB for no reason) when I -DID- delete the profile. It seems more to me that there's just a pretty wide range in how the games may play themselves out and sometimes we'll get some games that are a little funky, with or without the profile deletion. For myself, I think I'll skip the hassle and if I get a game that seems too far outside the norm, I'll just replay it.
Old 11-27-2018, 03:08 PM   #1371
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sticks2681
I started a new offline CFM, deleting the profile just beforehand. I then ran the entire first week, watching every single game and getting some decent numbers throughout while still getting a wide variety in the games.
I didn't see a button to edit the message but I wanted to clarify that I went that whole first week without deleting the profile, besides that first time.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-27-2018, 04:01 PM   #1372
MVP

OVR: 6

Quote:
I didn't see a button to edit the message but I wanted to clarify that I went that whole first week without deleting the profile, besides that first time.
I’m trying back to back games and seeing the same thing you mention. The game seems way more stable. The profile delete suggestion is a holdover from the previous set, but it seems like the game has changed in this regard.

If you’ve played a weeks worth of games with no deletion, and the results are the same when tested against not deleting, then i’ll Take your word and keep not deleting. 16 games is the best test and you’ve did 2 weeks (32 games) worth of tests. Good stuff. May be different though if you only watch one team. Stuff like this changes from patch to patch.

Thanks for posting this. It’s good stuff.

Something else, looks like cdcool and mvp were onto something with owner mode. The offense isn’t as juiced as it was when using the coaches only. Gonna watch a few more games before i change the OP, just in case.

Seems like there’s more injuries at 40 than there was at 45. It’s making the games have more plays than they should. But this is just 2 test games.

The file is called xboxassantesgreatestever.

Teams finished:
Bears, bills, browns, KC, Dall, Miami, Philly, ATL, SF, NYG, Jags, GB, NE, OAK, Rams, Ravens, WASH, NO, PITT, broncos, Texans, panthers, vikings, colts
Old 11-27-2018, 04:21 PM   #1373
Rookie

I just wanted to through it out there in case others wanted to test it as well. Different people may end up having different results. If others want to give it a try with not deleting it, and still continue to get good results, then it saves the hassle of having to worry about it.

It seems to me like it's fairly difficult to know exactly one way or the other since the games can have such varied results, just like in real life.
Old 11-27-2018, 04:33 PM   #1374
MVP

Quote:
I just wanted to through it out there in case others wanted to test it as well. Different people may end up having different results. If others want to give it a try with not deleting it, and still continue to get good results, then it saves the hassle of having to worry about it.

It seems to me like it's fairly difficult to know exactly one way or the other since the games can have such varied results, just like in real life.
Before this patch, you could tell a difference if you didn’t delete the profile. A lot of these settings will never be definitive because the rules change from patch to patch. You just got to crawl around in the dark before you find it. Now that more people are testing, it’s a much quicker process.

Good find on this. But again, it may be different if you only watch one team from week to week. Last patch, when watching all the games in a week, you had to delete after every 7th game or it’d get arcadey.

All across the board the game is way more stable with this last patch.

Teams finished:
Bears, bills, browns, KC, Dall, Miami, Philly, ATL, SF, NYG, Jags, GB, NE, OAK, Rams, Ravens, WASH, NO, PITT, broncos, Texans, panthers, vikings, colts
Old 11-27-2018, 05:00 PM   #1375
MVP

MvPeterson2828's Arena

Madden 19 CPU vs CPU Sliders

Love these sliders. The guy I converted from a WR to TE has been insanely good for his rookie year. I thought he would be a good temporary fill into I drafted a TE or signed one, nope. This dude went crazy. 85 catches, 1,185 yards 10 TDs. To close the year at in Kansas City, he had 10 catches 222 yards 3 TDs. 23 years old. He Has time to develop into something really good. Only a 75 overall right now.

Also, I haven’t done a profile reset in 4 games now and nothing out the ordinary has happened... it seems much more stable now. No difference I’m noticing between resetting every game and not.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

Last edited by MvPeterson2828; 11-27-2018 at 05:03 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-27-2018, 08:02 PM   #1376
MVP

Seeing some nice stuff. Made a couple of minor changes. Using Owner mode is one of them. I’ll share the rest tomorrow. Want to get a few more games in before we get close to finalizing it.

Seeing nice overthrows, dB/cb interaction, penalties are a little better. Also seeing cooler fumbles, and it’s coming from wrs. It’s not too many either. And the defense doesn’t always recover. When wrs fumble, the ball kinda torpedos out like a wild missle and there’s great effort from all close to get the pigskin using any means neccesarry. Looks really lifelike. Ive seen it twice since the patch and it adds a little mayhem to the contest. Wondering if you guys have seen any of those?

Really loving it now. The owners thing was the key. Must’ve changed since the patch, but i never tested owners before; coaches worked fine, and there was no need.

Sometimes the value/duty/purpose of these sliders changes after a patch. In a week’s time i think we’ve got it about nailed down. Would’ve took a month or longer without your guys help.

Good one going now, bucs@chicago. 17-10 3rd quarter. Lots of good-looking action, and the offense is tamer now. Way more realistic.

Teams finished:

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »