Home
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-13-2018, 08:22 PM   #1585
MVP
 
HC0023's Arena
 
OVR: 5
Join Date: Mar 2009
Re: Madden 19 CPU vs CPU Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommycoa
Yeah this one is a tricky one to explain.

When you setup the game, the main menu clock is set by default at 20 second runoff. Before you turn accelerated clock off, bump the runoff to 25. Then turn it off. Youíll see it stick to 25. If its on 20 runoff, 4 seconds disappears when the game cuts from cut scene to when the team walks to the line of scrimmage. 4 seconds disappears. Itís like some form of the accelerated clock is still on. When you do this trick, you dont lose the 4 seconds.

I also do it in cfm when i set it up. But when you change it to 25 it goes back to 20 in cfm. I just do it in cfm as insurance to make sure itís not happening. Itís very sneaky. A good eye by HC0023 for noticing this. This happened with the last patch.

Itís a lot more simple than it sounds, itís just so hard to explain without a video and itíd be hard with a video because it happens so quick. You canít blink.

This was giving us about 10-15 less plays a game than we were seeing and we had it at 128 before this patch.
Just follow what tommy said MVP You will be good to go. 🏈😎
HC0023 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-15-2018, 07:19 AM   #1586
Pro
 
dc thompsoncanyon838's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Apr 2016
Re: Madden 19 CPU vs CPU Sliders

Hey Tommy! Looks like O S is hiring from above listing. Perhaps you can put your cunning linguistics to use for them as well and educate us simple minded sliders guys,as well as entertain! Heck they probably contacted you already!
dc thompsoncanyon838 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2018, 07:43 AM   #1587
Rookie
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Sep 2017
Re: Madden 19 CPU vs CPU Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommycoa
Yeah this one is a tricky one to explain.



When you setup the game, the main menu clock is set by default at 20 second runoff. Before you turn accelerated clock off, bump the runoff to 25. Then turn it off. Youíll see it stick to 25. If its on 20 runoff, 4 seconds disappears when the game cuts from cut scene to when the team walks to the line of scrimmage. 4 seconds disappears. Itís like some form of the accelerated clock is still on. When you do this trick, you dont lose the 4 seconds.



I also do it in cfm when i set it up. But when you change it to 25 it goes back to 20 in cfm. I just do it in cfm as insurance to make sure itís not happening. Itís very sneaky. A good eye by HC0023 for noticing this. This happened with the last patch.



Itís a lot more simple than it sounds, itís just so hard to explain without a video and itíd be hard with a video because it happens so quick. You canít blink.



This was giving us about 10-15 less plays a game than we were seeing and we had it at 128 before this patch.


I have done some testing on this and you are 100% correct on what is happening with accelerated clock Iím just trying to figure out the best and most fullproof way of fixing it. Iím with you I hate accelerated clock because it constantly de syncs the entire game, usually in the middle of the game ruining the rest of said game. Itís so obvious and impacting when it occurs I usually super sim the rest of the game when it starts. I have had decent luck today with setting the MM clock to 9 min no acceleration and the one on in franchise to 9 min accelerated clock on, and then set the run off to ďoffĒ have you tried this yet? Any findings?
bottlefedchaney2001 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2018, 10:17 AM   #1588
MVP
 
OVR: 6
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Seed Tick Alabama
Blog Entries: 1
Re: Madden 19 CPU vs CPU Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by bottlefedchaney2001
I have done some testing on this and you are 100% correct on what is happening with accelerated clock Iím just trying to figure out the best and most fullproof way of fixing it. Iím with you I hate accelerated clock because it constantly de syncs the entire game, usually in the middle of the game ruining the rest of said game. Itís so obvious and impacting when it occurs I usually super sim the rest of the game when it starts. I have had decent luck today with setting the MM clock to 9 min no acceleration and the one on in franchise to 9 min accelerated clock on, and then set the run off to ďoffĒ have you tried this yet? Any findings?
Good stuff, my man and welcome to the thread. The accelerated clock being on messing up the game is spot on.

This clock stuff is hard to explain, and i follow most of what youíre saying, but the final part is kinda unclear about what you do in CFM, not your faultóthis stuff is hard to explain without videos. Iím hardly ever alone at home and have 3 kids running around and itíd be hard to do talking vids with them around. Also, Real hard to visualize this stuff and what happens with clock. Anyway you can make a short vid and post us the link?

MM=9 Minute clock/no acel. But are you setting it to 25 runoff like HC0023 said, before he turns it off?

CFM=turn clock runoff on and then back off? Again, are you setting it to 25 before you turn it off.

Please donít take any of this as a criticism because I understand how hard this stuff is to explain. Just want to get on the same page as you.
__________________
For an alltime legends team on xbox, search usertag haughtypine7723

The file is called xboxassantesgreatestever.

Teams finished:
Bears, bills, browns, KC, Dall, Miami, Philly, ATL, SF, NYG, Jags, GB, NE, OAK, Rams, Ravens, WASH, NO, PITT, broncos, Texans, panthers, vikings, colts
tommycoa is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2018, 10:22 AM   #1589
MVP
 
OVR: 6
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Seed Tick Alabama
Blog Entries: 1
Re: Madden 19 CPU vs CPU Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by dc thompsoncanyon838
Hey Tommy! Looks like O S is hiring from above listing. Perhaps you can put your cunning linguistics to use for them as well and educate us simple minded sliders guys,as well as entertain! Heck they probably contacted you already!
Cunning linguistics...love it.

I applied a few days ago for the staff writer thing and havenít heard anything back as of yet.

Sorry iíve Been kinda absent on here. Just finished a 5000 word short story in 16 days, quickest ive ever done one that long, and been so tired iíve Barely played Madden. When i finish one of these stories, Iím kinda like that Sublime song, ďBurritos,Ē where Iím so exhausted, I canít even really enjoy the things I truly enjoy.

Burritos link for those who donít already know. One of the few CDs from childhood i still listen to.

https://youtu.be/pzfANpoUm-c
__________________
For an alltime legends team on xbox, search usertag haughtypine7723

The file is called xboxassantesgreatestever.

Teams finished:
Bears, bills, browns, KC, Dall, Miami, Philly, ATL, SF, NYG, Jags, GB, NE, OAK, Rams, Ravens, WASH, NO, PITT, broncos, Texans, panthers, vikings, colts
tommycoa is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2018, 10:43 AM   #1590
Rookie
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Sep 2017
Re: Madden 19 CPU vs CPU Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommycoa
Good stuff, my man and welcome to the thread. The accelerated clock being on messing up the game is spot on.



This clock stuff is hard to explain, and i follow most of what youíre saying, but the final part is kinda unclear about what you do in CFM, not your faultóthis stuff is hard to explain without videos. Iím hardly ever alone at home and have 3 kids running around and itíd be hard to do talking vids with them around. Also, Real hard to visualize this stuff and what happens with clock. Anyway you can make a short vid and post us the link?



MM=9 Minute clock/no acel. But are you setting it to 25 runoff like HC0023 said, before he turns it off?



CFM=turn clock runoff on and then back off? Again, are you setting it to 25 before you turn it off.



Please donít take any of this as a criticism because I understand how hard this stuff is to explain. Just want to get on the same page as you.


No, my bad I jabber a lot. Let me first inform you of what I have seen in my test. I have found that there less of a chance to de sync when main menu accelerated clock is on. This sucks because as you have pointed out and has been obvious for a while using accelerated clock puts the cpu in constant rush mode leading to strange decisions overall mostly seen by the qb. To offset this I leave the main menu accelerated clock on, I havenít noticed a difference between 20 or 25. In CFM I set accelerated clock on and set the run off time to ďoffĒ. This tends to keep things in sync better for me.

So to recap
Main menu:
9 minutes
Accelerated clock on
Run off 25 seconds

CFM:
9 minutes
Accelerated clock on
Run off ďoffĒ

In my rambling previous thread I was attempting to say you might could try the opposite.

MM:
9 minutes
Accelerated clock off
Run off 25

CFM:
9 minutes
Accelerated clock on
Run off off

Iíve never really tried that one because I feel like main menu setting is the one that is the culprit of desync.... now that Iím curious Iíll test and see when I get home.
bottlefedchaney2001 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2018, 12:06 PM   #1591
MVP
 
OVR: 6
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Seed Tick Alabama
Blog Entries: 1
Re: Madden 19 CPU vs CPU Sliders

You werenít rambling, man. This stuff is crazy hard to explain. Especially this clock stuff. It took both me and HC00023 several text messages to get the wording right on what HC seen with the MM/Play Now thing.

Iím away from the console right now, Christmas shopping, looks like itíll be late before Iím back home.

But until this last batch of patches, thereís was so many so fast, not sure when this clock thing became an issue. Before this last patch batch, as long as accelerated clock was off, you were cool. Since iíve Used basically the same settings all release, Iím not super familiar with how the Play Clock slider moves in the settings screen. Bare with me here. Itís not your fault for the confusion.

Do you mean youíve got Play Clock turned off? I donít recall being able to play with runoff/off but accelerated clock still on. Thatís whatís confusing me. Itís my own unfamiliarity with how this operates and thatís whatís throwing me off. Itís not your fault.


Quote:
Originally Posted by bottlefedchaney2001
No, my bad I jabber a lot. Let me first inform you of what I have seen in my test. I have found that there less of a chance to de sync when main menu accelerated clock is on. This sucks because as you have pointed out and has been obvious for a while using accelerated clock puts the cpu in constant rush mode leading to strange decisions overall mostly seen by the qb. To offset this I leave the main menu accelerated clock on, I havenít noticed a difference between 20 or 25. In CFM I set accelerated clock on and set the run off time to ďoffĒ. This tends to keep things in sync better for me.

So to recap
Main menu:
9 minutes
Accelerated clock on
Run off 25 seconds

CFM:
9 minutes
Accelerated clock on
Run off ďoffĒ

In my rambling previous thread I was attempting to say you might could try the opposite.

MM:
9 minutes
Accelerated clock off
Run off 25

CFM:
9 minutes
Accelerated clock on
Run off off

Iíve never really tried that one because I feel like main menu setting is the one that is the culprit of desync.... now that Iím curious Iíll test and see when I get home.
__________________
For an alltime legends team on xbox, search usertag haughtypine7723

The file is called xboxassantesgreatestever.

Teams finished:
Bears, bills, browns, KC, Dall, Miami, Philly, ATL, SF, NYG, Jags, GB, NE, OAK, Rams, Ravens, WASH, NO, PITT, broncos, Texans, panthers, vikings, colts
tommycoa is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-15-2018, 12:18 PM   #1592
MVP
 
OVR: 6
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Seed Tick Alabama
Blog Entries: 1
Re: Madden 19 CPU vs CPU Sliders

Found a video on youtube of someone playing with settings. Omit what i said. I understand what youíre saying now. Iíve got a good memory, but I havenít jiggled with this setting enough to remember what it does. Looks like it turns play clock off or does accelerated clock have two off settings? Never knew this.

Iíll try this when i get home.

Great thinking by you and HC on this clock thing. Thanks for posting this, man.

Sorry for all the confusion on my end. Iím sitting here at the mall on a bench rolling accelerated clock slider in my mind and it was drawing a huge blank. Thank god for youtube.


Quote:
Originally Posted by tommycoa
You werenít rambling, man. This stuff is crazy hard to explain. Especially this clock stuff. It took both me and HC00023 several text messages to get the wording right on what HC seen with the MM/Play Now thing.

Iím away from the console right now, Christmas shopping, looks like itíll be late before Iím back home.

But until this last batch of patches, thereís was so many so fast, not sure when this clock thing became an issue. Before this last patch batch, as long as accelerated clock was off, you were cool. Since iíve Used basically the same settings all release, Iím not super familiar with how the Play Clock slider moves in the settings screen. Bare with me here. Itís not your fault for the confusion.

Do you mean youíve got Play Clock turned off? I donít recall being able to play with runoff/off but accelerated clock still on. Thatís whatís confusing me. Itís my own unfamiliarity with how this operates and thatís whatís throwing me off. Itís not your fault.
__________________
For an alltime legends team on xbox, search usertag haughtypine7723

The file is called xboxassantesgreatestever.

Teams finished:
Bears, bills, browns, KC, Dall, Miami, Philly, ATL, SF, NYG, Jags, GB, NE, OAK, Rams, Ravens, WASH, NO, PITT, broncos, Texans, panthers, vikings, colts
tommycoa is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:18 PM.

Top -