Home

Madden 19 CPU vs CPU Sliders

This is a discussion on Madden 19 CPU vs CPU Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-13-2018, 08:22 PM   #1585
MVP

HC0023's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Madden 19 CPU vs CPU Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommycoa
Yeah this one is a tricky one to explain.

When you setup the game, the main menu clock is set by default at 20 second runoff. Before you turn accelerated clock off, bump the runoff to 25. Then turn it off. You’ll see it stick to 25. If its on 20 runoff, 4 seconds disappears when the game cuts from cut scene to when the team walks to the line of scrimmage. 4 seconds disappears. It’s like some form of the accelerated clock is still on. When you do this trick, you dont lose the 4 seconds.

I also do it in cfm when i set it up. But when you change it to 25 it goes back to 20 in cfm. I just do it in cfm as insurance to make sure it’s not happening. It’s very sneaky. A good eye by HC0023 for noticing this. This happened with the last patch.

It’s a lot more simple than it sounds, it’s just so hard to explain without a video and it’d be hard with a video because it happens so quick. You can’t blink.

This was giving us about 10-15 less plays a game than we were seeing and we had it at 128 before this patch.
Just follow what tommy said MVP You will be good to go. 🏈😎
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-15-2018, 07:19 AM   #1586
Pro

dc thompsoncanyon838's Arena

OVR: 0

Hey Tommy! Looks like O S is hiring from above listing. Perhaps you can put your cunning linguistics to use for them as well and educate us simple minded sliders guys,as well as entertain! Heck they probably contacted you already!
Old 12-15-2018, 07:43 AM   #1587
Rookie

Quote:
Yeah this one is a tricky one to explain.

When you setup the game, the main menu clock is set by default at 20 second runoff. Before you turn accelerated clock off, bump the runoff to 25. Then turn it off. You’ll see it stick to 25. If its on 20 runoff, 4 seconds disappears when the game cuts from cut scene to when the team walks to the line of scrimmage. 4 seconds disappears. It’s like some form of the accelerated clock is still on. When you do this trick, you dont lose the 4 seconds.

I also do it in cfm when i set it up. But when you change it to 25 it goes back to 20 in cfm. I just do it in cfm as insurance to make sure it’s not happening. It’s very sneaky. A good eye by HC0023 for noticing this. This happened with the last patch.

It’s a lot more simple than it sounds, it’s just so hard to explain without a video and it’d be hard with a video because it happens so quick. You can’t blink.

This was giving us about 10-15 less plays a game than we were seeing and we had it at 128 before this patch.

I have done some testing on this and you are 100% correct on what is happening with accelerated clock I’m just trying to figure out the best and most fullproof way of fixing it. I’m with you I hate accelerated clock because it constantly de syncs the entire game, usually in the middle of the game ruining the rest of said game. It’s so obvious and impacting when it occurs I usually super sim the rest of the game when it starts. I have had decent luck today with setting the MM clock to 9 min no acceleration and the one on in franchise to 9 min accelerated clock on, and then set the run off to “off” have you tried this yet? Any findings?
Old 12-15-2018, 10:17 AM   #1588
MVP

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by bottlefedchaney2001
I have done some testing on this and you are 100% correct on what is happening with accelerated clock I’m just trying to figure out the best and most fullproof way of fixing it. I’m with you I hate accelerated clock because it constantly de syncs the entire game, usually in the middle of the game ruining the rest of said game. It’s so obvious and impacting when it occurs I usually super sim the rest of the game when it starts. I have had decent luck today with setting the MM clock to 9 min no acceleration and the one on in franchise to 9 min accelerated clock on, and then set the run off to “off” have you tried this yet? Any findings?
Good stuff, my man and welcome to the thread. The accelerated clock being on messing up the game is spot on.

This clock stuff is hard to explain, and i follow most of what you’re saying, but the final part is kinda unclear about what you do in CFM, not your fault—this stuff is hard to explain without videos. I’m hardly ever alone at home and have 3 kids running around and it’d be hard to do talking vids with them around. Also, Real hard to visualize this stuff and what happens with clock. Anyway you can make a short vid and post us the link?

MM=9 Minute clock/no acel. But are you setting it to 25 runoff like HC0023 said, before he turns it off?

CFM=turn clock runoff on and then back off? Again, are you setting it to 25 before you turn it off.

Please don’t take any of this as a criticism because I understand how hard this stuff is to explain. Just want to get on the same page as you.

The file is called xboxassantesgreatestever.

Teams finished:
Bears, bills, browns, KC, Dall, Miami, Philly, ATL, SF, NYG, Jags, GB, NE, OAK, Rams, Ravens, WASH, NO, PITT, broncos, Texans, panthers, vikings, colts
Old 12-15-2018, 10:22 AM   #1589
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by dc thompsoncanyon838
Hey Tommy! Looks like O S is hiring from above listing. Perhaps you can put your cunning linguistics to use for them as well and educate us simple minded sliders guys,as well as entertain! Heck they probably contacted you already!
Cunning linguistics...love it.

I applied a few days ago for the staff writer thing and haven’t heard anything back as of yet.

Sorry i’ve Been kinda absent on here. Just finished a 5000 word short story in 16 days, quickest ive ever done one that long, and been so tired i’ve Barely played Madden. When i finish one of these stories, I’m kinda like that Sublime song, “Burritos,” where I’m so exhausted, I can’t even really enjoy the things I truly enjoy.

Burritos link for those who don’t already know. One of the few CDs from childhood i still listen to.

https://youtu.be/pzfANpoUm-c

Teams finished:
Bears, bills, browns, KC, Dall, Miami, Philly, ATL, SF, NYG, Jags, GB, NE, OAK, Rams, Ravens, WASH, NO, PITT, broncos, Texans, panthers, vikings, colts
Old 12-15-2018, 10:43 AM   #1590
Rookie

Quote:
Good stuff, my man and welcome to the thread. The accelerated clock being on messing up the game is spot on.

This clock stuff is hard to explain, and i follow most of what you’re saying, but the final part is kinda unclear about what you do in CFM, not your fault—this stuff is hard to explain without videos. I’m hardly ever alone at home and have 3 kids running around and it’d be hard to do talking vids with them around. Also, Real hard to visualize this stuff and what happens with clock. Anyway you can make a short vid and post us the link?

MM=9 Minute clock/no acel. But are you setting it to 25 runoff like HC0023 said, before he turns it off?

CFM=turn clock runoff on and then back off? Again, are you setting it to 25 before you turn it off.

Please don’t take any of this as a criticism because I understand how hard this stuff is to explain. Just want to get on the same page as you.

No, my bad I jabber a lot. Let me first inform you of what I have seen in my test. I have found that there less of a chance to de sync when main menu accelerated clock is on. This sucks because as you have pointed out and has been obvious for a while using accelerated clock puts the cpu in constant rush mode leading to strange decisions overall mostly seen by the qb. To offset this I leave the main menu accelerated clock on, I haven’t noticed a difference between 20 or 25. In CFM I set accelerated clock on and set the run off time to “off”. This tends to keep things in sync better for me.

So to recap
Main menu:
9 minutes
Accelerated clock on
Run off 25 seconds

CFM:
9 minutes
Accelerated clock on
Run off “off”

In my rambling previous thread I was attempting to say you might could try the opposite.

MM:
9 minutes
Accelerated clock off
Run off 25

CFM:
9 minutes
Accelerated clock on
Run off off

I’ve never really tried that one because I feel like main menu setting is the one that is the culprit of desync.... now that I’m curious I’ll test and see when I get home.
Old 12-15-2018, 12:06 PM   #1591
MVP

You weren’t rambling, man. This stuff is crazy hard to explain. Especially this clock stuff. It took both me and HC00023 several text messages to get the wording right on what HC seen with the MM/Play Now thing.

I’m away from the console right now, Christmas shopping, looks like it’ll be late before I’m back home.

But until this last batch of patches, there’s was so many so fast, not sure when this clock thing became an issue. Before this last patch batch, as long as accelerated clock was off, you were cool. Since i’ve Used basically the same settings all release, I’m not super familiar with how the Play Clock slider moves in the settings screen. Bare with me here. It’s not your fault for the confusion.

Do you mean you’ve got Play Clock turned off? I don’t recall being able to play with runoff/off but accelerated clock still on. That’s what’s confusing me. It’s my own unfamiliarity with how this operates and that’s what’s throwing me off. It’s not your fault.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bottlefedchaney2001
No, my bad I jabber a lot. Let me first inform you of what I have seen in my test. I have found that there less of a chance to de sync when main menu accelerated clock is on. This sucks because as you have pointed out and has been obvious for a while using accelerated clock puts the cpu in constant rush mode leading to strange decisions overall mostly seen by the qb. To offset this I leave the main menu accelerated clock on, I haven’t noticed a difference between 20 or 25. In CFM I set accelerated clock on and set the run off time to “off”. This tends to keep things in sync better for me.

So to recap
Main menu:
9 minutes
Accelerated clock on
Run off 25 seconds

CFM:
9 minutes
Accelerated clock on
Run off “off”

In my rambling previous thread I was attempting to say you might could try the opposite.

MM:
9 minutes
Accelerated clock off
Run off 25

CFM:
9 minutes
Accelerated clock on
Run off off

I’ve never really tried that one because I feel like main menu setting is the one that is the culprit of desync.... now that I’m curious I’ll test and see when I get home.

Teams finished:
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-15-2018, 12:18 PM   #1592
MVP

Found a video on youtube of someone playing with settings. Omit what i said. I understand what you’re saying now. I’ve got a good memory, but I haven’t jiggled with this setting enough to remember what it does. Looks like it turns play clock off or does accelerated clock have two off settings? Never knew this.

I’ll try this when i get home.

Great thinking by you and HC on this clock thing. Thanks for posting this, man.

Sorry for all the confusion on my end. I’m sitting here at the mall on a bench rolling accelerated clock slider in my mind and it was drawing a huge blank. Thank god for youtube.

Quote:
You weren’t rambling, man. This stuff is crazy hard to explain. Especially this clock stuff. It took both me and HC00023 several text messages to get the wording right on what HC seen with the MM/Play Now thing.

I’m away from the console right now, Christmas shopping, looks like it’ll be late before I’m back home.

But until this last batch of patches, there’s was so many so fast, not sure when this clock thing became an issue. Before this last patch batch, as long as accelerated clock was off, you were cool. Since i’ve Used basically the same settings all release, I’m not super familiar with how the Play Clock slider moves in the settings screen. Bare with me here. It’s not your fault for the confusion.

Do you mean you’ve got Play Clock turned off? I don’t recall being able to play with runoff/off but accelerated clock still on. That’s what’s confusing me. It’s my own unfamiliarity with how this operates and that’s what’s throwing me off. It’s not your fault.

Teams finished:

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »