Home

Old 08-08-2018, 05:10 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 6
Re: Madden 19 CPU vs CPU Sliders

Guys, turn ball hawk assist on. Last night Shaunhill27 accidentally had it on and seen the qb’s targeting wrs more. Also noticed Charter has it turned on. Charter’s a legend on here, if he’s got it on, there’s something to it.

Updating this in the OP.
Old 08-08-2018, 05:43 PM   #10
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frythatchicken
Also, i'm finding simmed games are only getting 110 plays per game avg.
I’m watching every game in a season, minus preseason. You’re not going to get much out of the preseason games. Too many subs and such to nail a slider set to.

If you wanted 110 plays, you’d have to play 7 minute quarters.

This is a better way to look at 9 minute quarters.

1st quarter:

Has three acts.
Each three minute block is an act.
Three acts accumulate 30 plays.
If you skip cutscenes, you get 3 plays a minute. But if there’s no stoppage of play—penalty, injury timeout, or incompletion, there could be up to 5. Freak occurrences may cause more, but it’s rare. I usually see 30 plays in the first quarter.

2nd Quarter:

Has Four Acts.
First three minutes
Six minutes to Four Minutes.
Four minutes to Two minutes.
Two minutes until half.

The first 7 minutes gives you 21-25 plays on average.

The final 2 minutes are harder to average because teams go into hurry up, there’s 6 timeouts that almost always get used, and We get a flood of plays and there’s lots of variables and that’s why there’s a wider median. The last 2 minutes of the half averages anywhere from 12-24 plays, and 18 average, we’ll say. This is very unpredictable. Depends on how close the game is.

The third quarter is a mirror of the the 1st—3 acts. And the second a mirror of the fourth, except the fourth quarter maybe has 5 acts. With the final minute being the last act or the climax.

That’s 15 acts. Nice symmetrical number that adheres to standard storytelling techniques, because after all, a ball game is a story that unfolds. Quarters are chapters and these acts are the scenes that make the chapter.

1st quarter-30 plays

2nd quarter-43 plays

3rd quarter 30 plays

4th quarter 43 plays

That’s a 146 plays. Give or take.

Now the problem with 7 minute quarters is, it’s harder to break 7 minutes into proper acts. The 9 minute mold congeals with the 15 minute act.

This is the best I can explain it.

Last edited by tommycoa; 08-08-2018 at 09:38 PM.
Old 08-09-2018, 03:37 PM   #11
MVP

Guys, if qbs are scrambling too much, try changing their style to West Coast. In 18, west coast was the setting that made qbs play to their true ratings and it gives them life in the pocket, they just arenít as privy to run with the ball, although they will when neccesary.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2018, 10:34 AM   #12
Pro

OVR: 0

Iím gonna be running my cpu Vs cpu Games on all madden again this year, Iíve noticed on rookie that ever game I played the scores were ďsuspiciouslyĒ close. A touchdown difference or less.
Old 08-10-2018, 10:40 AM   #13
Pro

BigOrangeVol4Life's Arena

Looking forward to these after I buy the game. Quick question... is the setup the same for CPU vs CPU controlling all 32 teams in offline franchise broadcast mode as it has been the last two years (create 32 profiles, super slow speed, etc) or can you select all 32 teams from the beginning and move the controller to the middle for the CPU to play every game against itself?
Old 08-10-2018, 11:11 AM   #14
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigOrangeVol4Life
Looking forward to these after I buy the game. Quick question... is the setup the same for CPU vs CPU controlling all 32 teams in offline franchise broadcast mode as it has been the last two years (create 32 profiles, super slow speed, etc) or can you select all 32 teams from the beginning and move the controller to the middle for the CPU to play every game against itself?
Yes it is. Same as last 2 years.
Old 08-10-2018, 11:15 AM   #15
Pro

BigOrangeVol4Life's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by orye74
Yes it is. Same as last 2 years.
Thanks man. Does the CPU vs. CPU gameplay (AI, animations, etc) and atmosphere look better than in last year's game?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2018, 11:16 AM   #16
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigOrangeVol4Life
Thanks man. Does the CPU vs. CPU gameplay (AI, animations, etc) and atmosphere look better than in last year's game?
They didnít look bad last year. Gonna find out for 19 when i get home.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »