Home

Madden 19 CPU vs CPU Sliders

This is a discussion on Madden 19 CPU vs CPU Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-24-2019, 11:50 AM   #1697
Pro

drj32's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Madden 19 CPU vs CPU Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommycoa
Go to your schedule in cfm and take picks of the boxscore. All i need is the team stats. Let me see what’s going on with the yards and stuff in the game you played just so i can know how far off it’s playing.
okay I did what you suggested, no skipping scenes.
my team runs a run heavy/defensive high pressure philosophy, so generally running on first and second down. On defense, high pressure on first and second down to stop the run and on third down, playing man or zone with only three rushers.

score 31-17 Green Bay over NY
424 yards total offense versus 370
115 rushing yards versus 73
309 passing yards versus 297
22 first downs versus 19
515 total yards versus 522
zero turnovers versus one
(3-9)33% third-down conversion versus 36%(4–11)
(1-1) 100% fourth-down conversion versus 0%
100%(4-4) red zone conversions versus (2-3) 66%
1 red zone TD versus 2
3–30 penalties versus 4–25
19:00 possession time versus 16:58

Rodgers was 20 of 27 for 297 yards, 1 TD (74% completion)
Haskins for New York was 26 of 37 for 316 yards, 2 TD, one interception (70%)

The running game was fine - 3.5 yards per carry for both starting backs

The main problem with this game was that the quarterback sometimes had between 7 to 11 seconds. No pass rush whatsoever even though both teams had two sacks. For the most part, no pressure, even when rushing 4 upfront.

you might argue that rushing three or four may not be enough but that doesn't explain my quarterback having lots of time as well. this should not be the case because I lost 2 offensive lineman to injury and their replacements are rated 70 and 74.

secondly, You can also see how accurate the quarterbacks were.

So what I am seeing is that the pass protection is too good and the quarterback accuracy is too good. Other than that, everything seemed fine, except for a lack of fumbles. The quarterback fumbles but rarely for the running backs. seems like that setting should go up a bit.

I should also note that in the last game, my defense dominated the Panthers 44 – 6, forcing five interceptions, two of which I returned for pick sixes

New York 44 Panthers 6
263 yards versus 282
169 yards rushing versus 16
10 first downs versus 15
278 total yards versus 469
zero turnovers versus 6
five third-down conversions versus three
100% red zone conversion versus 100%
two red zone touchdowns versus zero
zero red zone field goals versus two
five penalty yards versus 25
18:49 possession versus 17:10

Newton 25 of 37 for 285 yards, zero touchdown five interceptions, 67% completion rate
Haskins, 10 of 14 for 94 yards, zero, zero, 71% completion rate
4 Sacks by New York versus 0 for Panthers

McCaffrey 12 rushes for 0 yards
Barkley 5 rushes 82 yards, 19 yards per rush
Brown (NY) 27 for 87, 3.2 yards per rush

I was happy with this game, and it played much better.

So what do you suggest?
Thanks

Last edited by drj32; 01-24-2019 at 12:17 PM.
Old 01-24-2019, 12:03 PM   #1698
MVP

OVR: 6

These Total offense stats fall into the averages. The first one was higher than averages, but the second one was considerably lower than the real nfl averages. So it balances itself out in the long haul.

Between both teams here’s a breakdown of the average nfl game

700 yards of total offense
500 combined passing yards
200 combined rushing yards

First game had 94 yards over 700.

Second game was 540 total yards. 160 yards less than the real average. These kind of dynamic stats is what you want to see, it emulates real life. Some games above average some well below. You don’t want to see 700 yards per game on the money. You want there to be high games and low games and the 700 will shake itself out or close to it. Sounds like cfm’s playing better since that patch yesterday. Problem is, i started a classic roster project to bide my time until cfm got fixed and im still a couple of weeks or 3 away from completing those rosters. But since it’s looking promising, i’ll Test some this weekend.

Keep feeding me stats like this. When you guys test, i can figure stuff out quicker because there’s a larger sample size.

Sounds like skipping the cut scenes was hurting you before.

As far as pass protection, ill have to test myself because i’m Getting two conflicting reports. You’re seeing not enough rush, and the other report is seeing 10+ sacks. Kinda hard to make a call on it with conflicting reports.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drj32
okay I did what you suggested, no skipping scenes.

score 31-17 Green Bay over NY
424 yards total offense versus 370
115 rushing yards versus 73
309 passing yards versus 297
22 first downs versus 19
515 total yards versus 522
zero turnovers versus one
(3-9)33% third-down conversion versus 36%(4–11)
(1-1) 100% fourth-down conversion versus 0%
100%(4-4) red zone conversions versus (2-3) 66%
1 red zone TD versus 2
3–30 penalties versus 4–25
19:00 possession time versus 16:58

Rodgers was 20 of 27 for 297 yards, 1 TD (74% completion)
Haskins for New York was 26 of 37 for 316 yards, 2 TD, one interception (70%)

The running game was fine - 3.5 yards per carry for both starting backs

The main problem with this game was that the quarterback sometimes had between 7 to 11 seconds. No pass rush whatsoever even though both teams had two sacks. For the most part, no pressure.

this should not be the case because I lost 2 offensive lineman to injury and their replacements are rated 70 and 74.

secondly, You can also see how accurate the quarterbacks were.

So what I am seeing is that the pass protection is too good and the quarterback accuracy is too good. Other than that, everything seemed fine.

I should also note that in the last game, my defense dominated the Panthers 44 – 6, forcing five interceptions, two of which I returned for pick sixes

New York 44 Panthers 6
263 yards versus 282
169 yards rushing versus 16
10 first downs versus 15
278 total yards versus 469
zero turnovers versus 6
five third-down conversions versus three
100% red zone conversion versus 100%
two red zone touchdowns versus zero
zero red zone field goals versus two
five penalty yards versus 25
18:49 possession versus 17:10

Newton 25 of 37 for 285 yards, zero touchdown five interceptions, 67% completion rate
Haskins, 10 of 14 for 94 yards, zero, zero, 71% completion rate
4 Sacks by New York versus 0 for Panthers

McCaffrey 12 rushes for 0 yards
Berkeley 5 rushes 82 yards, 19 yards per rush
Brown (NY) 27 for 87, 3.2 yards per rush

I was happy with this game, and it played much better.

So what do you suggest?
Thanks

The file is called xboxassantesgreatestever.

Teams finished:
Bears, bills, browns, KC, Dall, Miami, Philly, ATL, SF, NYG, Jags, GB, NE, OAK, Rams, Ravens, WASH, NO, PITT, broncos, Texans, panthers, vikings, colts
Old 01-24-2019, 12:27 PM   #1699
Pro

drj32's Arena

Tommy, I am not playing with yesterday's patch. I haven't logged in online in weeks, so what I gave you is statistics off of the last patch

also reminding you that I am playing with past coverage at 80 and 20. If I go to 70 and 30, I will probably get more sacks but the coverage will be even worse and accuracy will go up.

what else can I try?
thanks

Last edited by drj32; 01-24-2019 at 12:29 PM.
Old 01-24-2019, 01:23 PM   #1700
MVP

Raise offsides to 75. Stats look good. Thanks for telling me you didnt have the patch.

Quote:
Tommy, I am not playing with yesterday's patch. I haven't logged in online in weeks, so what I gave you is statistics off of the last patch

also reminding you that I am playing with past coverage at 80 and 20. If I go to 70 and 30, I will probably get more sacks but the coverage will be even worse and accuracy will go up.

what else can I try?
thanks

Teams finished:
Bears, bills, browns, KC, Dall, Miami, Philly, ATL, SF, NYG, Jags, GB, NE, OAK, Rams, Ravens, WASH, NO, PITT, broncos, Texans, panthers, vikings, colts
Old 01-24-2019, 04:32 PM   #1701
Pro

drj32's Arena

Quote:
Raise offsides to 75. Stats look good. Thanks for telling me you didnt have the patch.
thanks will do and will report back. I hope this helps with the pass rush but what about the accuracy being over 70%?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-24-2019, 05:30 PM   #1702
MVP

Quote:
thanks will do and will report back. I hope this helps with the pass rush but what about the accuracy being over 70%?
The extra pass rush from 75 offsides should cause a few more incompletions and throwaways. You can also lower offensive holding down to 60 to help loosen it up.

Teams finished:
Old 01-25-2019, 01:07 AM   #1703
Pro

drj32's Arena

Quote:
The extra pass rush from 75 offsides should cause a few more incompletions and throwaways. You can also lower offensive holding down to 60 to help loosen it up.
not too good. Next game my team committed 13 penalties for 82 yards, mostly offsides, holding and false start. The other team committed one penalty for 15 yards, a roughing the passer penalty. I can't understand why my team was penalize so much more. I have no guys that are undisciplined. All of them are balanced. Other than the penalties, everything else was good. I got four sacks and the other team got five. Any idea on the penalties?
Old 01-25-2019, 08:58 AM   #1704
MVP

Quote:
not too good. Next game my team committed 13 penalties for 82 yards, mostly offsides, holding and false start. The other team committed one penalty for 15 yards, a roughing the passer penalty. I can't understand why my team was penalize so much more. I have no guys that are undisciplined. All of them are balanced. Other than the penalties, everything else was good. I got four sacks and the other team got five. Any idea on the penalties?
Average NFL game has 12-13 penalties a game for both teams combined. Run a couple of more games with it set here. You only had 3 more total/combined penalties than the average. Sure, it sucks. Most of them were for your team, but that happens sometimes, you’ve got to be more subjective with it and not think about it happening against you and to your team. Maybe the next game penalties will be more balanced between the two sides. That sack total is high too. I’d worry about that more. You want 5 or less sacks for most games. 9 total sacks is high, it happens. Just run a few more games. One game isn’t enough to constitute a change. When ive jacked offsides to 75, i might see 3 offsides a game and 3-4 false starts.

Dang it. I’m about to run a cfm game with the patch. See what’s going on.

Teams finished:

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »