Home

Madden 19 CPU vs CPU Sliders

This is a discussion on Madden 19 CPU vs CPU Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-16-2018, 07:38 PM   #177
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Madden 19 CPU vs CPU Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommycoa
Still for testing purposes, almost there. Need a slew of test games to perfect these. These run way better than the other sliders I’ve posted for 19. Not perfect yet. Need tests them in CFM. Preseason won’t give the best results, not sure if Play Now will either. So games like that will be skewed. Sure you can use these for preseason, but they not give sim stats. Just not the best test mode.

Delete your profile.

Here’s a how to:
https://youtu.be/kvMIhj9qUs8

When the intro starts for madden, choose EXPERT and SIM.

DO NOT CHANGE GAMEPLAY SLIDERS IN MAIN MENU. Just make these changes:

Main Menu

Difficulty - all madden
Injuries - 15 anything lower puts the run game into a serious bind. Preexiting injuries OFF helps with injuries from my early tests...prexisting injuries is only available in cfm.
Fatigue - 66
Quarter Length - 15 Minutes
Acc Clock - On (15 Seconds) use 18 seconds if you watch every game in a week.
Game Speed - Normal
Min Threshold - 0
Ballhawk - Off
Heat seeker - Off
Auto Strafe - Off
Switch Assist - Off
Flip Play - off
HB Moves - Manual
Visual Feedback - Off
Even Teams - Off

Volume control
From playmakers, put on field sounds to 50 and it makes onfield action match the sounds better for more enhancement.

Visual Settings
Play Call Style - enhanced
Play Call Button Layout - default
Previous Play Information - On
On Field Visual Feedback - Off
Drive Goals & XP Feedback - Off
Franchise Bottom Line Ticker - off
Franchise Gameplan Boost Notification - Off
Coaching Tips - Off
Pre-Snap Menu - off
Player Names - off

Camera Toggle - off
Passing Cam - off
Offensive Camera Settings - broadcast
Defensive Camera - broadcast
Enlarge On Field Graphics - Off
Color Blindness - Normal Vision
Brightness - Default
Contrast - Default

Before you start CFM, in the coach selection screen, go to league options and input these:

CFM League Settings

Skill Level - All Madden
Game Speed - Normal
League Type - COACHES ONLY
Instant Starer - Off (treat this the same as coach firing)
Trade Deadline - On
Trade Type - Enable All
Coach Firing - ON (this is a must, stops cheating and bending for human controlled squad)
Salary Cap - On
Relocation Settings - Normal
Injury - On
Pre Existing Injury - OFF (i think this helps too many injuries, you want 4-8 a game. With a couple causing at least a week of missed time.
Practice Squad Stealing - On
Player Progression Frequency - 4 weeks

Fill Roster - off
Re-Sign Players - off
Progress Players - off
Sign Off-Season Free Agents - off
Tutorial Pop-Ups - off

Soon as the CFM starts, enter these:

Gameplay
QB Accuracy - 70
Pass Blocking - 30
WR Catching - 65
Run Blocking - 85
Fumbles - 35

Pass Defense Reaction Time - 40
Interceptions - 33
Pass Coverage - 47
Tackling - 5 *****(if too many TFLs, drop to 0) still testing 5.

Injuries - 15***still testing (Set to 40 when you’re not playing, but, when advancing the week to get better simmed injuries. Still testing this. If 24 is too much make it 20.)
Fatigue - 66
Player Speed Parity Scale - 0

FG Power - 48 (shouldn’t see as many long field goals)
FG Accuracy -50
Punt Power - 50 (don’t move down or you’ll see sky kicks)
Punt Accuracy - 99
Kickoff Power - 55

Penalties
Offside - 60
False Start - 50
Offensive Holding - 70
Defensive Holding - 55
Facemask - 51
Defensive Pass Interference - 99
Illegal Block In The Back - 80
Roughing The Passer - 50

Auto subs:
Several options with Running backs
99/96 for teams like the Steelers that have a stud back.
99/97 gives the number 2 a few more carries
99/98 teams like New England that use lots of backs.

Defensive Tackles 95/93
Defensive ends 95/93
All other auto subs default.

In the past you had to input autosubs for both teams. Not sure if it’s still the same, i feel more comfortable having both coaches usered so i do it for both.

If you don’t want to use autosubs, keep fatigue at 6. Probably wont get the same kind of pass rush and there will be other things you may not see as well, like proper back rotation, teams with depth being better, etc, real football stuff. The “hidden yardage” of the game.

Can’t wait to hear feedback.

Also updated the OP.
If we’re not using the auto subs thing, what should the fatigue be? 6? Was that a typo?
Old 08-16-2018, 07:40 PM   #178
MVP

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by cursive
Just played my first CFM game with these sliders and I'm impressed

Very defensive game and the Raiders led 16-10, when the Rams got the ball back with around 4 minutes left. Rams went for it on 4-1 on the 6 yard line and hit Robert Woods on a quick slant to go ahead by one with a little under 2 minutes left. Derek Carr threw a pick on the ensuing drive and the game ended 17-16.

Carr actually threw 2 picks in the last 2 minutes with desperation throws, but here is the stat line;

Rams - Raiders
Score 17 - 16
Total Offense 359 - 339
Rushing Yards 49 - 96
Passing Yards 310 - 243
First Downs 16 - 13
Turnovers 2-3
3rd Downs 4/12 - 8/17
4th Downs 1/1 - 0/0 (Rams went for it to win the game)
Penalties 6/35 - 4/40

Goff 27/38 322yds 2td 2int
Carr 22/33 253yds 2td 3int (2int in final 2 minutes)

Gurley 16-39yds
Lynch 18-69yds

Robert Woods 5-33-1
Jordy Nelson 7-97-1

Mark Barron 10-1 11 tackles
Whitehead 4-5 9 tackles
Rams 1 sack
Raiders 3 sacks Mack, Irvin, Hall

Pass/Run
Rams 41/21 3drops 13 btk 8tfl 8pdef 0ff
Raiders 34/29 4drops 15 btk 7tfl 6pdef 1ff
141 Total Plays

13 combined punts 45avg 36net 4in20 4tb

Super sad my team lost, but I expected a tough game against the Rams. The late turnovers sucked for my stats but very realistic IMHO. I'm running Panthers O playbook, (Vertical/Power Run) and Buccaneers D playbook (46 defense)

I'll post more stats versus a lesser opponent later
Nice looking stat line. Looks better than the stat line i get from this set. I see too many INTS and pass deflections. Other than that, these feel/look really good.

Working on the INT, pass react, and qb acc. Lots of touch and go. Just watching a few series from each team to see how the tweaks work. It’s slow, but I’m making progress. Can’t put a time line on it. The next test tweaked set i test could be the missing piece or it could take 20 more tests. No way to tell. But I’ll keep you posted.

Just saw a play where brees caught a dline man jumping the snap then threw it deep as fast as he could, and Michael thomas had to adjust to and slow all the way down to catch it. Was awesome. Never seen anything like that on a free play on madden. This game is unreal this year. Lots of little things like this in testing. When i get these right, you guys will have something to enjoy. I think guys that play the cpu could use this mode as a scouting tool.

On that note, i may not update with patches. If i get these just right, the patch better be something like qb AI patch in December was last year. I had a set last year that felt better than this and lost it when the last patch hit.
Old 08-16-2018, 07:41 PM   #179
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcSteve
If we’re not using the auto subs thing, what should the fatigue be? 6? Was that a typo?
66 for fatigue.
Old 08-16-2018, 08:13 PM   #180
Rookie

So, I decided to do a bit of a separate experiment with your sliders since people seem to be pretty happy with them.

I started a new CFM, with all the settings you suggested, and I simmed the franchise 10 years into the future. Obviously, after that, I had to retire that coach and make a new one. Did that. Chose the same team (Redskins) and simmed another 10 years.

Partly, I wanted to see what would happen with the rosters will all the current players gone from the league. Needless to say, the game has a real problem with training players, mainly because I think the default XP sliders are very much balanced around making use of the scheme fit aspect. The problem is, the CPU controlled teams never change their scheme fit, so the teams end up having ~30% scheme fit on average on offense and ~70% on defense. Without the knowledge to scout and pick the players that fit their schemes (or, simply just not having enough guys to fill all the holes for the schemes because of the likelihood of numerous teams needing the same type of players) they're basically condemning these players to get very little training bonuses throughout the years, which means most of them don't progress nearly as fast as they should (or, simply, the progression system with default XP sliders isn't good enough - that I haven't tested much at all).

So, all that said, I decided to test out your sliders with these severely underrated teams (no team is above 79 ovr and a couple of teams have 81 ovr offenses but low rated defense and there are a few teams with 87 ovr defenses but low rated offenses.

The first game was against the Giants, at home. The sliders are all what you have set in your first post as of this creation, though I am trying the 0 tackling slider instead of the 5 though already, I definitely think I need to go back to 5.

So, here are the stat lines:

NYG @ WAS
19 Score 25
366 Total Offense 382
114 Rushing Yards 153
252 Passing Yards 229
13 First Downs 16
12 PR Yards 22
73 KR Yards 86
451 Total Yards 490
3 (-2) Turnovers 1 (+2)
4-13 (30%) 3rd Down Conv 5-15 (33%)
0-1 (0%) 4th Down Conv 0-1 (0%)
1-1 (100%) Red Zone % 1-1 (100%)
0 Red Zone TD 0
1 Red Zone FG 1
3-21 Penalties 5-40
26:38 Possession Times 33:22

12 Broken Tackles 10
3 Drops 5
4 Tackles For Loss 7
1 Sacks 5
11 Passes Defended 9
1 Interceptions 2
0 Fumbles Caused 1
0 Fumbles Recovered 1

To give you an idea of the ratings of the players on the teams since it's not the default rosters, here's an idea (ratings listed are going to be Overall for the player in the stating position):

NYG - WAS
83 QB 82
76 HB 86
71 FB 72
85 WR1 88
82 WR2 86
82 WR3 78
75 TE 83
81 LT 79
74 LG 73
67 C 75
73 RG 79
77 RT 80
78 LE 77
77 RE 86
75 DT1 94
74 DT2 79
76 LOLB 76
77 MLB1 85
70 MLB2 74
75 ROLB 75
86 CB1 89
85 CB2 84
77 CB3 76
94 FS 76
88 SS 89
71 K 74
74 P 76

As I said, I think I need to play around with the tackle setting, but other then that it was interesting. The running game was beautiful. The passing game, not so much.
Old 08-16-2018, 08:47 PM   #181
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by morsdraconis
So, I decided to do a bit of a separate experiment with your sliders since people seem to be pretty happy with them.

I started a new CFM, with all the settings you suggested, and I simmed the franchise 10 years into the future. Obviously, after that, I had to retire that coach and make a new one. Did that. Chose the same team (Redskins) and simmed another 10 years.

Partly, I wanted to see what would happen with the rosters will all the current players gone from the league. Needless to say, the game has a real problem with training players, mainly because I think the default XP sliders are very much balanced around making use of the scheme fit aspect. The problem is, the CPU controlled teams never change their scheme fit, so the teams end up having ~30% scheme fit on average on offense and ~70% on defense. Without the knowledge to scout and pick the players that fit their schemes (or, simply just not having enough guys to fill all the holes for the schemes because of the likelihood of numerous teams needing the same type of players) they're basically condemning these players to get very little training bonuses throughout the years, which means most of them don't progress nearly as fast as they should (or, simply, the progression system with default XP sliders isn't good enough - that I haven't tested much at all).

So, all that said, I decided to test out your sliders with these severely underrated teams (no team is above 79 ovr and a couple of teams have 81 ovr offenses but low rated defense and there are a few teams with 87 ovr defenses but low rated offenses.

The first game was against the Giants, at home. The sliders are all what you have set in your first post as of this creation, though I am trying the 0 tackling slider instead of the 5 though already, I definitely think I need to go back to 5.

So, here are the stat lines:

NYG @ WAS
19 Score 25
366 Total Offense 382
114 Rushing Yards 153
252 Passing Yards 229
13 First Downs 16
12 PR Yards 22
73 KR Yards 86
451 Total Yards 490
3 (-2) Turnovers 1 (+2)
4-13 (30%) 3rd Down Conv 5-15 (33%)
0-1 (0%) 4th Down Conv 0-1 (0%)
1-1 (100%) Red Zone % 1-1 (100%)
0 Red Zone TD 0
1 Red Zone FG 1
3-21 Penalties 5-40
26:38 Possession Times 33:22

12 Broken Tackles 10
3 Drops 5
4 Tackles For Loss 7
1 Sacks 5
11 Passes Defended 9
1 Interceptions 2
0 Fumbles Caused 1
0 Fumbles Recovered 1

To give you an idea of the ratings of the players on the teams since it's not the default rosters, here's an idea (ratings listed are going to be Overall for the player in the stating position):

NYG - WAS
83 QB 82
76 HB 86
71 FB 72
85 WR1 88
82 WR2 86
82 WR3 78
75 TE 83
81 LT 79
74 LG 73
67 C 75
73 RG 79
77 RT 80
78 LE 77
77 RE 86
75 DT1 94
74 DT2 79
76 LOLB 76
77 MLB1 85
70 MLB2 74
75 ROLB 75
86 CB1 89
85 CB2 84
77 CB3 76
94 FS 76
88 SS 89
71 K 74
74 P 76

As I said, I think I need to play around with the tackle setting, but other then that it was interesting. The running game was beautiful. The passing game, not so much.
Good tests man. I love playing 10 years in the future.

Still working out the kinks on the passing game. It’s almost there. Sooner or later i’ll Peg it in.

That said, the box score looks pretty good on that game. Maybe when i get the pass game tweaked they will carry over to 10 years down the road. Or you may have to consult me to help calibrate them. I hope they work from year to year with no adjustments.

Kinda hate testing with year 1 rosters because the game plays so much better in year 2 and beyond. Last year when i really had it going for this mode, i had to slightly adjust gameplay sliders between year one and 2. That box score sounds promising in that regard because the pass game with the current set is the biggest problem.

Thanks for the feedback man. Anymore tests you do like this, please share because when i finalize this set, im gonna use some custom draft classes and kind of slow sim each season and maybe watch each super bowl so i can keep up with the narrative and players of the league. I hope these carry over. This years game is way more stable than last year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2018, 09:03 PM   #182
Rookie

OVR: 1

I haven’t created any sliders yet this year. I’ve tried a few others before these. Best so far.

JAX 37 NYG 33

Good game. Really shouldn’t have been this close. JAX was up 30-9. 30-30 going into the 4th. Lost the lead 33-30. JAX did a bunch of dumb things I’ll get to in a sec.

JAX - NYG
Total Offense 443 - 343
Rushing Yards 187 - 111
Passing Yards 256 - 232
First Downs 20 - 17
Turnovers 4 - 3
3rd Downs 10/17 - 7/17
Penalties 10/69 - 5/64

Bortles 25/32 291yds 4td 3int
Manning 24/46 268yds 1td 3int

Fournette 22-111yds
Yeldon 13-70yds
Barkley 13-83yds 1td
Stewart 8-28yds

37 broken tackles by these 4 guys alone.

Beckham 5-61yds
Engram 7-70yd
Shepard 5-49yds 1td
Seferian-Jenkins 5-36yds
Westbrook 5-71yds 2td

11 TFL and 10 sacks

So like I stated earlier. JAX had a 30-9 lead. Eli had 3ints in the first quarter and a half. They ran the ball down the giants throats. Then they went stupid. Stopped running the ball. JAX had a 4th&G on the 3 with 30-9 lead, attempted a fake FG, got sacked, fumbled, NYG pick it up and score.

Entertaining game but shouldn’t have been.

Second Game

SEA 21 DEN 23

Sloppy game. Close but it was a head scratcher.

SEA - DEN
Total Offense 414 - 287
Rushing Yards 84 - 67
Passing Yards 330 - 220
First Downs 20 - 10
Turnovers 3 - 2
3rd Downs 10/17 - 7/17
Penalties 10/69 - 5/64

Wilson 34/52 336yds 1td 3int
Keenum 17/26 228yds 3td 2int

Booker 18-67yds
McKissic 10-42yds

41 broken tackles in the game.

McKissic 10-89yds
Sutton 6-132yds 1td
Dickson 6-72yds
Lockett 5-48yds
Baldwin 2-23yds
Thomas 1-8yds 1td
Sanders 1-26yds

20 TFL and 3 sacks

Couple disturbing plays by Russell Wilson. 3rd&inches, he scrambles to right, wide open field, he throws the ball out of bounds. Another Wilson play, scrambles to the right, LB shadowing him, he throws the ball right to him like a pitch. Weird. Close game but it was oddly played.

So after 2 games, I like these sliders. Best I’ve seen. Not perfect. They’re a work in progress. My issues with them are too many ints. Too many instances where the CB S or LB high points the ball and the WR or TE never does. That would fix many of the ints. There were several times where Ramsey attacked the ball and OBJ never jumped or dove for a ball. Another thing was QBs throw everything on a line. LBs tip everything. Some of that is the crazy verts LBs had too lol.

Last thing was the play calling. These 2 games were strange with the play calls. They didn’t stick with what worked. They stuck with what didn’t work. They didn’t find the playmakers enough. Denver and Jacksonville should’ve won these games easy.

Loved the Running game. The blocking was unbelievable. The RBs hitting holes and getting down hill. Loved it. Too many broken tackles tho. Also loved the realistic pass rush. There was nothing crazy. Von Miller was Von Miller. Disruptive but no sacks. JAX defensive line played like they play. But it was realistic.

That’s my 2cent. Overall I love these man. Keep up the good work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-16-2018, 09:08 PM   #183
Rookie

Just played another game with the Tackle slider at 5. Waaay different game than with 0 Tackle slider. Looked like I had more unique tackle scenes as well. Played San Francisco (put controller on them) @ Minnesota.

This story of the game sucked compared to my Atlanta/Phily game. Cousins started the game going 6/6 in the 1st Qtr. but couldn't get the ball in the end zone and eventually just competed short passes for most of the game. Garoppolo was meh throughout the game. He had a couple of good 20+ yard passes, but that was about it. McKinnon was the Man of this game. He bulldozed through holes and got a lot of good spurts for gains, however, this was another battle of the defenses as the game progressed. Biggest reason I wasn't a fan of the story of the game was that it ended in a TIE!!! 13-13. Another thing I wasn't a fan of was that the QBs looked a little too clean with their passes compared to the elite QBs and most incomplete passes were thanks to the defense getting involved and breaking up the play. Might need to consider lowering the QB accuracy to 65 to see if the passes can get away from the QB a little more.

But in terms of gameplay, this looked a lot better than my first test. A lot less hesitation at the line of scrimmage by the RBs (it now happens in the secondary) and got some receivers dove to catch balls to great success. I might stick with the 5 tackle and see if I get the same results. Here's the stat lines for the game.

PASSING
SF J. Garoppolo - 28/46 (60%) - 317 - 1 TD - 3 INT
MIN K. Cousins - 22/31 (70%) - 223 - 1 TD - 1 INT

RUSHING
MIN L. Murray - 21 CAR - 62 YDS - 11 Broken Tackles
SF J. McKinnon - 19 CAR - 132 YDS - 10 Broken Tackles

NOTE: Dalvin Cook hurt his hand/wrist/forearm area at the end of the 1st Qtr. as well and never returned. Sensing a pattern with the CPU team's starting RB getting hurt...

RECEIVING
SF G. Kittle - 8 REC - 78 YDS - 0 TD - 1 DROP
SF M. Goodwin - 4 REC - 70 YDS - 1 TD - 1 DROP
MIN K. Wright - 4 REC - 70 YDS - 1 TD
MIN S. Diggs - 4 REC - 42 YDS - 0 TD - 2 DROPS

TEAM STATS
SF - Team - MIN
410 - Total Offense - 307
158 - Rushing Yds - 100
252 - Passing Yds - 207
23 - 1st Downs - 17
12 - Broken Tackles - 13
4 - Turnovers - 1
3 - Sacks - 8
8 - TFLs - 7
1-2 - Red Zone % - 3-3
5-35 - Penalties - 4-35
39:06 - Possession Time - 35:50
Old 08-16-2018, 09:17 PM   #184
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhalimm
I haven’t created any sliders yet this year. I’ve tried a few others before these. Best so far.

JAX 37 NYG 33

Good game. Really shouldn’t have been this close. JAX was up 30-9. 30-30 going into the 4th. Lost the lead 33-30. JAX did a bunch of dumb things I’ll get to in a sec.

JAX - NYG
Total Offense 443 - 343
Rushing Yards 187 - 111
Passing Yards 256 - 232
First Downs 20 - 17
Turnovers 4 - 3
3rd Downs 10/17 - 7/17
Penalties 10/69 - 5/64

Bortles 25/32 291yds 4td 3int
Manning 24/46 268yds 1td 3int

Fournette 22-111yds
Yeldon 13-70yds
Barkley 13-83yds 1td
Stewart 8-28yds

37 broken tackles by these 4 guys alone.

Beckham 5-61yds
Engram 7-70yd
Shepard 5-49yds 1td
Seferian-Jenkins 5-36yds
Westbrook 5-71yds 2td

11 TFL and 10 sacks

So like I stated earlier. JAX had a 30-9 lead. Eli had 3ints in the first quarter and a half. They ran the ball down the giants throats. Then they went stupid. Stopped running the ball. JAX had a 4th&G on the 3 with 30-9 lead, attempted a fake FG, got sacked, fumbled, NYG pick it up and score.

Entertaining game but shouldn’t have been.

Second Game

SEA 21 DEN 23

Sloppy game. Close but it was a head scratcher.

SEA - DEN
Total Offense 414 - 287
Rushing Yards 84 - 67
Passing Yards 330 - 220
First Downs 20 - 10
Turnovers 3 - 2
3rd Downs 10/17 - 7/17
Penalties 10/69 - 5/64

Wilson 34/52 336yds 1td 3int
Keenum 17/26 228yds 3td 2int

Booker 18-67yds
McKissic 10-42yds

41 broken tackles in the game.

McKissic 10-89yds
Sutton 6-132yds 1td
Dickson 6-72yds
Lockett 5-48yds
Baldwin 2-23yds
Thomas 1-8yds 1td
Sanders 1-26yds

20 TFL and 3 sacks

Couple disturbing plays by Russell Wilson. 3rd&inches, he scrambles to right, wide open field, he throws the ball out of bounds. Another Wilson play, scrambles to the right, LB shadowing him, he throws the ball right to him like a pitch. Weird. Close game but it was oddly played.

So after 2 games, I like these sliders. Best I’ve seen. Not perfect. They’re a work in progress. My issues with them are too many ints. Too many instances where the CB S or LB high points the ball and the WR or TE never does. That would fix many of the ints. There were several times where Ramsey attacked the ball and OBJ never jumped or dove for a ball. Another thing was QBs throw everything on a line. LBs tip everything. Some of that is the crazy verts LBs had too lol.

Last thing was the play calling. These 2 games were strange with the play calls. They didn’t stick with what worked. They stuck with what didn’t work. They didn’t find the playmakers enough. Denver and Jacksonville should’ve won these games easy.

Loved the Running game. The blocking was unbelievable. The RBs hitting holes and getting down hill. Loved it. Too many broken tackles tho. Also loved the realistic pass rush. There was nothing crazy. Von Miller was Von Miller. Disruptive but no sacks. JAX defensive line played like they play. But it was realistic.

That’s my 2cent. Overall I love these man. Keep up the good work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Bump the tackle to 5. There will still be more broken tackles that real life, but until they patch the d aggressiveness some to nerf it, it’s something we’ll have to settle for. I’d rather have broken tackles over TFLS. For the most part the broken tackles help with the TFLs.

I hope a patch comes that fixes the aggressive d, but doesnt kill all of the aggressiveness.

Pass game is looking better. Should be able to finalize this the next couple of days.

Keep the stats coming. Love it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »